Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 5, 2016 7:27 AM
Jul 2008
m4rc0 said:
LeonLanford said:

I don't really remember, but the destroyer is for 'youkai' type superhuman. youkai can keep existing so it can become infinite source energy.

1. Emi maintained his body, it's showed multiple times on first season. Emi was really sure he will come back to her if one day his power get berserk.
2. Youkai is different from living beings. They're not living beings. The blood need to be injected continuously for the beast to regenerate, remember that giant girl? Other superhumans die normally, remember that giant girl killed many superhumans?
3. I think it was explained in first season, I don't really remember
4. I don't understand what you meant
5. They need to escape because they're already hated in the current world. Either become energy source or escape
6. no comment
7. Because everyone else does..
8. Because they have one common enemy, people will unite if there's one common enemy. That's the movie propaganda for.
9. Read above answers, youkai and beasts are threated as enemies

The thing I don't like about this anime is the episode keeps jumping front and back too much. Makes me need to remember a lot of things. It would be better if it's like durarara.

1- Emi wasn't there when he was born. How the hell, di he become the baby in the 1st place?

2 - Sorry but that wasn't elaborated before in the series at all. If you're correct, it's just a last minute ass pull. The imortal family survived because they're immortal and always regenerate, but normal youkai didn't show that until that point. AND the show didn't specify youkai, meaning other superhuman could be used as batteries, like the Teito guy was in the end, or Jirou, who certainly were not youkai.

3 - It wasn't. It was said she was from makai and... that's it. All that plot went ignored in the 2nd season

4 - Jaguar was back at the end as a time criminal.

5 - What guarantees that they won't be hated as much in the new world? Why not stay and fight until peace is found or go to space like Devila? Makes no sense.

7 - Seriously? Sorry, for me that's a big problem. They are spostsmen, not fighters in the 1st place. If there was any reason it should've been shown or built up before.

8 - Yeah, because that's what happens in the real world. EVERYBODY believes in propaganda and goes in a killing spree. Not saying it doesn't happen as we have terrorists and we had nazism and communism to show us big groups of people can do that. My problem is that EVERYBODY, including the outcasts was there.

9 - Not really. THey were hiding because they were also thought of as enemies. Also, Fuurouta and Kiiko aren't humans.

I don't like to do the writer's job and fill the holes myself. Maybe you're interpreting things the way the show intended, but they didn't make stuff clear, so it's inconsistent. This isn't a series like Mononoke where things are intentionally left open to interpretation. It's just a sign of the problems in story telling I mentioned.

1. He's the manifestation of the rocket. If he doesn't use his power, he'll be okay
2. That's what I remember. That's also the reason why only the youkai and beast are targeted.
3. I don't really remember but vaguely I can remember that little red thing explained about that..
4. He just went back to his era? So?
5. Better than nothing, and there'll be no end to this discussion
9. Fuurouta can only be seen by certain people and Kiiko just look like human. Different from other youkais.

For me I don't see any noticeable problem about the story. Maybe because I marathoned each seasons.
Jul 5, 2016 5:15 PM

Mar 2008
@leonlanford

1 - That wasn't told in the anime at all. It was: killed the fumers and the seal was broken before the fumers, so he can't maintain his form. But he did maintain his form when he appeared. He's not the manifestation of the rocket, his power comes from the possibiity of the alternate outcome/universe.

2 - 12:00 of the last episode. Teito guy says that his plans is to get rid of all superhuman AND that all can be used as fuel with the bio destroyer.

3 - No he did explain that she was a queen candidate for Makai queen that after she lost her evil powers because of Emi she was aging like a human. He didn't explain how she was different form a youkai and the whole plot about her being a queen candidate is just tossed aside, like she herself stops being evolved as a character in S2

4 - Yes, but the show clearly shows another version of him back in the present at the epilogue.

5 - Complete uncertainty? As it's said, the better the devil you know than the devil you don't. And also, after Devila had the space alternative figured out... Why can't the perpetual energy machine take them to space, for instance? Maybe you didn't mind, but I did.

7 and 8 - You're free to like or ignore what's being done. I think it was poorly written.

9 - I drop this one because of the conversation in 2. The human looking ones weren't wanted as well. They just could hide and all their deeds are done in the shadows again, inspired by Jirou's words.
Jul 5, 2016 10:20 PM

Jul 2015
If only the ending hadn't been so rushed... 8/10
Jul 7, 2016 11:36 AM
Nov 2010
Not that bad, but there were still some unnecessary things. A few soundtracks were noticeable and the art style was interesting.
Jul 23, 2016 1:42 PM

Apr 2013
Rei366 said:
@Tevens One might think the outer-space attack could refer to the new "threats" who came after the Cold War?

No I would think as the timeline progressed on to the late 1970's and early 1980's, the show is mirroring the popularity of space operas in comics and anime at the time (Star Wars, Space Battleship Yamato, Macross, Dark Phoenix Saga in X-men)
Jul 24, 2016 7:25 AM

Dec 2015
@wmandersonjr Right, I had totally forgotten the shift toward this genre. Thank you.
Rei_IIIAug 12, 2017 9:15 AM
Aug 3, 2016 8:12 AM

Jan 2014
those poor girls, either emy or kikko didn't get enough love from Jiro.

but if I have to choose, I ship on jiro x emy more than jiro x kikko.
Aug 19, 2016 12:30 AM

Apr 2015
m4rc0 said:
@leonlanford

1 - That wasn't told in the anime at all. It was: killed the fumers and the seal was broken before the fumers, so he can't maintain his form. But he did maintain his form when he appeared. He's not the manifestation of the rocket, his power comes from the possibiity of the alternate outcome/universe.

It was implied the previous episodes. Like the previous guy said, Emi is there to seal his power, but because he wanted to stay in this world instead of leaving it like Emi. There's no way to control his power.

A rocket is not a good representation of him. He gets his power from the energy of an atomic bomb or nuclear fission. (Especially since the 3 tubes in his arm look like fission rods back in season 1) Just like how Satomi was born from the energy of a meteorite falling.

When Jirou was born he didn't need Emi because the "nuclear fission" did not start yet. Once his power awakens, he needs Emi to suppress it as shown in the flashback with the invisible beast. Emi's powers was needed to maintain the seals, seals(tubes) that we see fall out when the fumers combine with him
Sep 16, 2016 6:56 AM

Sep 2015
I believe Jiro and the others actually and will come back in the future. I mean look at the last scene of the ed in this episode.

The large invasion they are talking about at the end and Jiro's new outfit.

Well i wanted to believe everyone will come back even if the last scene doesn't mean anything. "Believing" is also very befitting in this anime:)
Oct 19, 2016 4:41 AM
Mar 2012
Overall a fun show, after stop caring about timeline & focus on the themes & faction. S2 was more linear, but kept the issues with plot messiness & either bad subs or dialogue that makes no sense. How many groups switched sides to either human or Jiro/yokai felt forced by plot & not characters themselves pondering over.
Suddenly all superhumans regenerate & could be used in the taiyaki fuel "nuclear fusion" (still a cool concept), and Satomi as villain equal to Jiro just pops out. There could be more people like Jiro, since seems it's not referencing 2 atomic bombs.
Jaguar & combo robots disappearing, becoming criminal was all quite sudden & random.
Aliens? Probably the S planetarians. Would be cool for s3 (but rip sales already), since Jiro's not dead, just floating & chilling everywhere.
Animation's epic in some fights. The manga style got toned down in s2, & more basic art but some new mechas & yokais were pretty cool.
Jul 23, 2017 8:23 PM

Nov 2009
A mess this show is, by the end every character apart from Earth-Chan and Raito were complete tools within a convoluted plot which saw the main character go Hero/Villain/Hero/Villain/Hero/Villain at least 20 times in the last episode alone, such a shame as I thought the first season was very good but this is just 'meh' for a lot of reasons.
5/10, what a shame.
Sep 5, 2017 3:09 AM

Dec 2012
lol at the Star Wars reference.
Oh, look. It's 009 in the manga.
53rd?
Takahara.
Dat big ass hole. Give Emi a eyepatch please.
Oh snap. Takahara is on Jiro's side. Nice.
Female student oppai.
Ullr coming out from the oppai.
lol at Ullr mentioning the princess carry.
Dat eye.
Satomi off'd him.
Jaguar!
I fucking knew there was a reason why Satomi wasn't aging.
Dat sakuga.
Dat Fuurouta bounce.
Dat Emi punch.
Dat Ullr hidden arm grab.
Dat Jiro sakuga punch.
Jiro!!!!
Takahara so beautiful.
Jiro's fading.
Dat tear. Dat hug.
JIRO!!!!!
Damn. Ullr coming out of the oppai like that.
LMAO at Ullr humping Emi.
They're gone.
Michiko.
Takahara.
Oh snap. He had a kid.
The maid is back.
Earth-chan is awake.
Lawd Jesus! Devila oppai and nipples are on point. I know Devilo thinking about hitting it. How could he not?
SANAE! MY ETERNAL WAIFU!
Female student looking fine one last time.
Jaguar is back.
Dat shadow.

Dat ED art.

And that was the end. It was a good series. Thank you for showing off my waifu's one last time (Loved the Takahara appearances this episode. She needed more screentime.), especially my #1 waifu, Sanae. I'll miss her so much. She is perfection. I just wish I got to see her naked with nipples. A shame that was wasted on Kikko in the 1st season.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 22, 2018 11:30 PM
Mar 2017
My God, those Kikko Watermelons! ԅ(♡﹃♡ԅ)

8/10, It was very entertaining.
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jan 27, 2021 8:43 AM

May 2020
Overall, I felt like this was a step down from the first season. It lacked focus and just didn’t interest me as much. 6/10
May 19, 2022 12:12 AM
Feb 2015
Oh ConRevo,
How to sum up my complicated feelings on this show.
Overall I must say, I enjoyed the show quite a lot; it's definitely not perfect, far from it actually.
I think there are plenty of "technically better" animes out there. But it's honestly so hard to hate a show that has so much to say while most art nowadays is more for general audience.
And although there's nothing wrong with the latter, far from it, it gives me special appreciation for this series.

So a 9/10 it is for me, there might be better shows I'd score lower but it's my rating and my arbitary number to give, so who cares.
Jul 3, 2022 2:52 AM

Aug 2017
Damn, it took me a while to realize but one-eyed Emi is another Kitaro reference. And one of the superhumans who previously tried to rob a bank uses a reverse grip like (Zato)ichi (and also hides his blade inside a staff)!

Bonus: Jaguar is only on one of the 2 ending illustrations (finding slight differences was fun), like Emi's crows or her having 2 eyes again.

Rei_III said:
Well I suppose so, because I didn't fully understand the reason for the Yôkai to to have a chance to live a better life in the parrallel world (our world?) where I suppose no yôkai, monster or spirit lives (in other words, this will eventually lead to simply move the conflict to this dimension). I appreciated to see Jiro being equal to himself despite/thanks to all he experienced until now.

Well the other (close to our but not exactly it) world has nuclear energy so Yôkai wouldn't be hunted down to be used for energy, which I understood was the reason they moved there. Some superhumans stayed because Satomi didn't have the chance to reveal that superhumans can also be used for energy, so they're "safe" for now.

I liked the "revelation" that superhumans are also immortal (?) since they were implied to evolve from that immortal family (right?), or at least close to immortality with high regenerative power. The government probably didn't know this much when superhumans were hunted down.

So it also seems that superhumans *do* exist in Jaguar's future now :).

The alien plot might be a call back to Master Ultima or that space sheriff who was killed by Raito.

Anyway, the show was a pleasant surprise (both seasons), and while I've never really been interested in superhero stuff, Concrete Revolutio(n) and Gatchaman Crowds put enough of originality in their plots to make them interesting explorations of sociopolitical issues (if you liked one, you'll probably enjoy the other). Maybe I should check out some classic Japanese superheroes as well, after all (Ishinomori?).

P.S. Parts of Satomi's plans have come true after all, right? Many of the non-human being either went to another world or became rather dormant, and Japanese culture commercialized superhumans like the "kid's dreams" they are, according to him.

P.P.S. The large supporting cast might've drained screen time from giving more depth to some of the "main" characters or the plot, but the tradeoff was worth it, I think. The somewhat incomplete picture of the world and every character's role there may piss people off but it's not like everything needs to get spelled out clearly.

Rei_III said:

When you say "both seasnos", do you mean you saw a clear divide between them? (To me, it really felt like the traditional 26 structure.)

There were two artworks at the end? (Too long since I saw them, and my screenshots have been lost no the 1st page.)

PS: I never knew but the official japanese website bothered to develop subpages for foreign lands. https://concreterevolutio.com/fr/story/index.html Between that and the fact it was originally shown on DAISUKI, the jap.congregation made during the cool-japan and no-piracy projects (if I remember well), I wonder why they bet on that in particular (other shows were simple fair like UFOTABLE's prods based on Tales of or Fate), given how relient it is on Japan's HIstory.

PPS: only "pleasant". q_p Last great project of the post-2000s boom of originals. (Yeah, I'm going too far, probably.)

The seasons didn't seem different to me at all. The screenshots change with the song, it's no big deal though.

The website even had a chronological timeline (not sure if it got translated though).

You're too pessimistic about original projects!
St0rmbladeJul 10, 2022 3:06 PM
Jul 10, 2022 2:04 PM

Dec 2015
@St0rmblade I love that PPS !

Yes, they wouldn't be hunted for energy, they would still be supernatural emigrants/invaders of a new race. That's why I couldn't see this emigration as a good thing.

True, I thought about the Gavan guy too. But it's proably nothing more than a reference to the subculture shift someone mentioned.

When you say "both seasnos", do you mean you saw a clear divide between them? (To me, it really felt like the traditional 26 structure.)

There were two artworks at the end? (Too long since I saw them, and my screenshots have been lost no the 1st page.)

PS: I never knew but the official japanese website bothered to develop subpages for foreign lands. https://concreterevolutio.com/fr/story/index.html Between that and the fact it was originally shown on DAISUKI, the jap.congregation made during the cool-japan and no-piracy projects (if I remember well), I wonder why they bet on that in particular (other shows were simple fair like UFOTABLE's prods based on Tales of or Fate), given how relient it is on Japan's HIstory.

PPS: only "pleasant". q_p Last great project of the post-2000s boom of originals. (Yeah, I'm going too far, probably.)
Rei_IIIJul 10, 2022 2:10 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2016

29 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 27, 2023 5:33 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 20, 2016

33 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 27, 2023 4:32 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

57 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 27, 2023 6:09 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2016

28 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 27, 2023 5:46 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

43 by St0rmblade »»
Jul 3, 2022 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.