Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 2016 5:27 PM

Apr 2015
juicykitten95 said:
lol why did tokumi follow ikoma anyway ? was he gonna rekt everyone with his steel pipe or something

They had to give a reason for Ikoma to suddenly become useless and for the VA to show his "skills".

"You're still slower than Kurusu and Mumei," and he has his jet bullet rifle in his hands but still gets thrown around by a human. Lol
Jun 16, 2016 5:47 PM
Feb 2016
This episode was a monster. I have no words... we finally have someone so vile we can hate more than the Kabane in this show.

I don't think I have ever wanted an antagonist to die so much as I do in Biba's case, I just want him to die in a cruel and gruesome way like being slowly eaten by a swarm of Kabane.

And the cliffhanger for this episode is so major I am speechless!

TAKUMI!!!!

Well don't Noitamina. #applauses
Jun 16, 2016 5:58 PM
Sep 2015
This was a lot better than the previous episode. Sure Biba is still a dull monotonous evil villain and Mumei is the usual character trope who only realizes far too late that the obvious villain is evil (Before her defense squad comes in, I'm basing this on the fact that she has experience with people so not recognizing that Biba is a villain based on his actions is rather detrimental to her and I'm not going to debate about her when the debate will start somewhere else) but at least the show seems to be going somewhere again even if it is predictable.

I do like that Ikoma uses his brains in this episode. Been a while since he did so.
Jun 16, 2016 6:05 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Cleaned

All related posts that quoted the insult one have been deleted. Please refrain from name-calling. This is against the rules and will result in bans if continuations happens.
Jun 16, 2016 6:18 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
And so Mumei once again plays the Big Brother card and causes more deaths just like she did at the last town.....but gets a pass because she is:
1. young
2. bad upbringing
3. drugged
4. stupid
5. no Galaxy S7 Edge phone with unlimited data plan

Princess is going to trust Biba because:
1. it worked so well at the last town he slaughtered
2. he has a pink ponytail and he is almost a loli with a pink ponytail.....almost
3. she has another job waiting for her at a maid cafe

Entertaining episode......8/10
Jun 16, 2016 6:23 PM

May 2016
Catalyze said:
And so Mumei once again plays the Big Brother card and causes more deaths just like she did at the last town.....but gets a pass because she is:
1. young
2. bad upbringing
3. drugged
4. stupid
5. no Galaxy S7 Edge phone with unlimited data plan

Princess is going to trust Biba because:
1. it worked so well at the last town he slaughtered
2. he has a pink ponytail and he is almost a loli with a pink ponytail.....almost
3. she has another job waiting for her at a maid cafe

Entertaining episode......8/10

Well, unlike Mumei who could've chosen differently at many circumstances, Ayame-sama doesn't have much of a choice...Is comply and get inevitably betrayed later, or don't comply and get everyone REKT right now...

Also, Ayame is far from loli, She is not only tall enough, but also sexy AF...
HyperLJun 16, 2016 6:30 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 16, 2016 6:23 PM
Aug 2015
Local Main Character is FUCKING DEAD
also poor mumei
Jun 16, 2016 6:34 PM

Jun 2016
Well, this was one of the most shocking episodes of Kabaneri ever.

We had Takumi's death, Mumei getting mind controlled or something and now we have Ikoma losing an arm and falling off the train.

Yet this anime has 12 episodes. When this anime ends, I think we all want to see Biba dead. Hopefully it's painful as hell.

Besides that I'd give it a 8/10 for the episode. P.S. I love episodes where the good guys lose.
Jun 16, 2016 6:37 PM

Oct 2014
Oi, that was an alright episode.

The first half was cool. Ikoma has lockpicked since ep 1, and it's cool they reused the ability. Noice tactics too. I liked the "traitor" guy's actions.

The precise key thing was convenient, but that's just a lame nitpick. The same with the blondie kicking Ikoma into the lever. Its clear that it was made to not slow down the episode, and it was cool that they made us believe that the keys were in order and easily identifiable with the doors. That way, when the key didn't fitted, it was clear something could be wrong.

Fat guy was cool in this episode. A shame we didn't got to know him too much besides beign "Ikoma's pal". His death would've been more impactful otherwise. The talk whit him was alright.

Mindcontrol. LAAAAAME. But is it mindcontrol? After all, Mumei didn't killed Ikoma, she impaled his stomach, not his chest. So I call drugs, and Mumei playing along. And we all know Ikoma will survive, armless and all.

Biba's the saltiest fucker there is.

The OP is growing on me. I love the dubstep backtrack.
ThieveryJun 16, 2016 6:46 PM
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Jun 16, 2016 6:40 PM

May 2016
KoreaWS said:

The first half was cool. Ikoma has lockpicked since ep 1, and it's cool they reused the ability. Noice tactics too.

The precise key thing was convenient, but that's just a lame nitpick.

Fat guy was cool in this episode. A shame we didn't got to know him too much besides beign "Ikoma's pal". His death would've been more impactful otherwise.

Mindcontrol. LAAAAAME. But is it mindcontrol? After all, Mumei didn't killed Ikoma, she impaled his stomach, not his chest. So I call drugs, and Mumei playing along. And we all know Ikoma will survive, armless and all.

It's most likely drugs...It's not because there was a lazer beam last episode that things got magical or futuristic enough to the point of having mindcontrol...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 16, 2016 6:48 PM

Oct 2014
HyperL said:
KoreaWS said:

The first half was cool. Ikoma has lockpicked since ep 1, and it's cool they reused the ability. Noice tactics too.

The precise key thing was convenient, but that's just a lame nitpick.

Fat guy was cool in this episode. A shame we didn't got to know him too much besides beign "Ikoma's pal". His death would've been more impactful otherwise.

It's most likely drugs...It's not because there was a lazer beam last episode that things got magical or futuristic enough to the point of having mindcontrol...

I mean, due to the quality of the writing so far mindcontrol doesn't seem so farfetched, but if I'm the only guy that believes that the virus has had a constant incubation process (Ep 3 thread was basically me and Kamisama arguing for some shit about that), I believe I can give benefit of the doubt to drugs and not strict mindcontrol.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Jun 16, 2016 6:56 PM

Mar 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Hikari_Hoshisora said:
They could have killed anyone, i wouldn't have minded. But why Takumi? He was a bro! ;_;
Now Ikoma needs to get his shits together and kill Biba, enough of getting beaten up all the time.

Well he's short one arm atm. Wonder if he'll graft his nail gun to his arm

Idk, at this point I expect they make him grow a new arm with some convenient "virus powers" plot, hope they don't tho.
Jun 16, 2016 7:03 PM

May 2016
Hikari_Hoshisora said:
Darklight0303 said:

Well he's short one arm atm. Wonder if he'll graft his nail gun to his arm

Idk, at this point I expect they make him grow a new arm with some convenient "virus powers" plot, hope they don't tho.

It wouldn't be so convenient because he already recovered super quickly from having his stomach eaten in episode 6, so that plot convinience was already spent there...
HyperLJun 16, 2016 7:08 PM
Jun 16, 2016 7:10 PM

Mar 2013
This show is one good soundtrack away from being a worthy successor to Guilty Crown.

Although I must admit, as crazy as that show was, they at least gave the antagonist enough redeeming features that I wasn't completely detached from the plot. At least I could keep watching that asking myself what ridiculous bullshit will they pull next.

Whereas this, I have no such questions, because I know that from here on out, every single twist and turn this show will throw at me will just be Biba killing a bunch of people for no reason. I mean really, did anybody expect their little uprising to actually work? The biggest twist this episode was that only one of them (plus that random dude at the beginning) was killed when I would have expected them to at least show a few more scenes of defenseless women and children being killed en masse for no reason. In retrospect they were remarkably restrained in that regard this week.

But like.... when that's all the show really has, death has no meaning or impact anymore. I really can't feel anything the plot does.

The earlier episodes not only had more interesting plotlines, but more action scenes and better animation as well. The show really regresses when it tries to move away from those points, which doesn't bode well for the ending that will shortly be upon us.
Jun 16, 2016 7:27 PM

Aug 2014
We finally get an insight on why Biba wants to get revenge on the shogunate, it was very vague but understandable

Lets get to the characters, Mumei has pissed me off more than those dense MCs in a harem anime. Like why the fuck do you go back to Biba and demand an explanation seeing the amount of carnage that he demonstrated in the previous episode? Seeing his personalty, she could have predicted this or something.. She wins the award for the amount of fuck ups in a season . Not to mention that he made a "deal" with mumei that he won't harm the other for her cooperation (Speculation) *Slow Claps*
Let's not forget Ikoma, there he goes with his screaming again.. Seriously though... It's getting old and nobody will listen to you. The only ones that can actually pull off screaming=power is Dragon Ball series
ElectricRedJun 16, 2016 7:34 PM
Jun 16, 2016 7:44 PM

Apr 2015
I HHHHATTTTEESS Biba so much I want to see him dead as faster as possible.
R.I.P Takumi.
I still ship Ikoma and Mumei XD.
Jun 16, 2016 8:11 PM

Oct 2010
Even little children are smart enough to execute the basic trick of pretending to agree to obey, only to rebel once out of sight. I really liked Mumei for the first half of the show, but the writing of her character has completely fallen out of world at this point.

THIS!
fst said:
I would have expected them to at least show a few more scenes of defenseless women and children being killed en masse for no reason. In retrospect they were remarkably restrained in that regard this week.

But like.... when that's all the show really has, death has no meaning or impact anymore. I really can't feel anything the plot does.

The writing of Team Villainy reminds me of the Red Letter Media (Plinkett) review of James Cameron's Avatar, and its villain: a character that seems to exist solely to draw the audience's hatred, pummeling us with over-the-top works of evil. I loved Avatar, but the critique is valid. With KnK, I'm completely numb.

I even found it comical at times, characters reacting with extreme shock and horror while I'm like "uh-huh." I wonder if my experience would be that broken if I rewatched SnK now. Doubt it. Admittedly, even critically acclaimed media can put me in that state - Catching Fire (movie) did, and I never watched the Mockingjay films.

And you can have the predictable outcome of Biba being a step ahead, I guess, but don't play it like a surprise revelation! Respect the audience!

Looks like this thread doesn't have the word "Snowpiercer" in it yet, so there, now it does.

Dropped my score on this show by a point last week, reduced it another point this week.
Jun 16, 2016 8:32 PM

Jun 2014
Why the hell would they leave a room full of prisoners unguarded? So beiber is smart enough to fuck with that bitches blood intake and swap keys but doesn't realize he should probably keep an eye on the people he's subjugating? But this is the series that lets unchecked trains into cities so I guess I should have expected this. Also if you've watched any fiction at all not even just anime you could tell the fat shit was going to die. Tier 3 character at best all of a sudden getting a bunch of screen time? I'm sure it's because they want to develop him into something really inter-oh never mind just more gore for the edge lords.
Jun 16, 2016 8:34 PM

Nov 2014
Noooo Mumei why?!
Hi there
Jun 16, 2016 8:37 PM
Oct 2014
Did anybody really feel sad due to Takumi's Death? Because I don't. To be honest, i didn't even remembered his name at the beginning of the episode...
Jun 16, 2016 9:41 PM

Jun 2016
Looks Like Takumi death It sad to see him die and Ikoma is griveviously injure and throw of the train I wonder how he is going to find Biba now. Mumei I got feeling she will betray Biba. Well Biba wins again I can list Biba as Complete monster by now he has no little to redemming qualities But for he is still kind badass

Jun 16, 2016 9:52 PM

Apr 2016
This Episode was really good but made me so pissed off at mumei, i get she's young but man, doesn't she ever question her morales. I Feel bad Takumi is gone, but i feel that stone he held onto might be the cure or something to help bring mumei back to their side.
Jun 16, 2016 9:53 PM

Jul 2012
Gotta admit, this was actually a pretty cool and thrilling episode. I'm sure the 3 will end up living happily ever after though but whatever
Jun 16, 2016 9:54 PM
Aug 2014
Hated the episode!!! If your gonna get mad because they killed your bestfriend then do something about it!!! Don't be a fucking pansy.
Jun 16, 2016 9:58 PM
Mar 2016
Hero is not a hero, if they don't fight bad guys.
They made Bima evil bad guy for just for ikoma to fight.
They made Bima evil bad guy in 1 episode 8 & he made some stupid actions. (killing own people).... Reason 12 episode limit.

Everything is rushed & unable to build proper character development.
If you want to blame something blame 12 episodes limit.

If it had 24 episodes limit, Bima slowly becoming evil bad guy would look better.

So much in only 12 episodes limit.

Watch Voltron Legendary Defender made by Avatar the legend of korra's people.
Xion69Jun 16, 2016 10:38 PM
Happy watching
Jun 16, 2016 10:02 PM

Mar 2014
dont feel anyone. all characters are blank.
Jun 16, 2016 10:03 PM
Mar 2014
ep 10 is a lot better previous ep,no shonen power-up,no stupid act
they lost kurusu,takumi,ikoma and mumei sided biba with mind control,this is first time i see people on train really in danger and have no chance to resist
Jun 16, 2016 10:06 PM

Oct 2014
Another really good episode. The art in this show is awesome but especially at the end of this one. Only 2 episodes left. I'll be sad when its over but for now it keeps getting better every week!
Jun 16, 2016 10:16 PM

Apr 2013
score dropping faster than Erase's did lol
Jun 16, 2016 10:28 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
With this episode I think it's safe to say that Biba has joined everyone's shit list lol....Seeing him die will be wonderful
Jun 16, 2016 11:15 PM

Jun 2016
Well I know everyone hate Biba I don t particularly hate g
Tokoya said:
With this episode I think it's safe to say that Biba has joined everyone's shit list lol....Seeing him die will be wonderful

Well I know everyone hate Biba But I don t particularly hate him I actually like him I still want to know more of his backstory and motivation to commit such Horrible and brutal actions. I am fine with him dieng or not still I also want to see him meet his father the shogun.

Why did his father abandon him to begin with?

Jun 16, 2016 11:54 PM

Jul 2012
I'll admit I'm getting a bit nervous about how this series will end. There're several things I hope they explain, including:
  • Why the "laser" happened last episode. It was right after a bullet bounced off Horobi's heart-cage (I think), so it seems like that triggered it. This doesn't bother me nearly as much as it bothered most others, but since they deliberately had Ikoma say "What the hell is that?" it made me think there is logic behind it and it will get explained.
  • Why male Kabaneri are rare. This is confusing. Why would a male Kabaneri be any harder to make than a female Kabaneri? It can't be that Biba decided to only make female Kabaneri because he prefers females. Is Mumei now Biba's only Kabaneri left...? If this isn't brought up again, I'm gonna pretend the guy meant Ikoma is a rare type of Kabaneri, one "naturally" created.
  • How the drug Biba uses on Mumei works. This isn't a big deal as he already pretty much had Mumei at his mercy, but if it would work on Ikoma too Biba probably should have used it on him, though I guess they didn't want to mess up his blood (so it can properly be examined) and felt the cage was enough, plus the drug is likely valuable and limited.
  • What exactly that big blue Kabane heart-like thing is and how Biba got it. Does it have something to do with the first Kabane? Did he just find it somewhere?
I'll be happy if we at least get a short, reasonable explanation for 2 or 3 of these. I expect they'll reveal the plan the doctors mention and the reason the Shogun abandoned Biba next episode.

I liked how everyone of the Kotetsujyo crew (even including Kajika and others who don't usually fight) went in this episode, but I do want there to be at least a couple more fights with Kabane, especially since it seems the main cast isn't willing to kill other people except for maybe Biba. Maybe they'll face the interesting looking unused Kabane in the first PV?
Phoebe3315Jun 17, 2016 12:07 AM
Jun 17, 2016 12:16 AM

Jan 2013
Right, that was totally unexpected... I think Ikoma should be definitely dead, if they somehow decide that he survived in the two next episodes, I think it would be a bad choice
Jun 17, 2016 12:26 AM
Oct 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Also interesting comment from the masked guy. Apparently Male Kabaneri are super rare? Wonder why

must be because its the strongest, and have a fast regeneration ability just like wolfarine... maybe can grow an arm too
Jun 17, 2016 12:28 AM
Mar 2015
Inb4USArollinginwiththeirfancygunships

May 2016
Omg, Takumi!!! I wish Ikoma had been shot and survived it e.e

Also, Ikoma won't die, maybe because of that green pearl. I think it will all make sense in the last two episodes. But 6 days man! -.-

Jan 2015
Where is the next episode? GIVE ME THE FREAKING NEXT EPISODE
Jun 17, 2016 12:32 AM
Apr 2015
Well, pretty good episode. But somehow I feel bad for Ikoma from recently episodes, no matter how hard he tried the result still going bad. Look like he has no choice but taking the hardest things on his shoulders.
// About the rest people, I think they will be okay, at least Biba keep them alive.
Jun 17, 2016 12:39 AM

Aug 2013
I'm getting a huge rage this Biba, Ikoma is also making me angry, in this episode he was pathetic as in last episodes and in fact I'm also anger of Mumei, what a great sequence of errors and failures on her part, well, now comes the time of the protagonist show their strength, even after losing a member of his harem, poor Takumi, I'm really looking forward to the final development of the anime ..
Jun 17, 2016 12:47 AM

May 2016
drama_menck said:
I'm getting a huge rage this Biba, Ikoma is also making me angry, in this episode he was pathetic as in last episodes and in fact I'm also anger of Mumei, what a great sequence of errors and failures on her part, well, now comes the time of the protagonist show their strength, even after losing a member of his harem, poor Takumi, I'm really looking forward to the final development of the anime ..

Wait, what? Are u implying that Mumei was part of Ikoma's harem? I thought they were more like siblings? Mumei is like 12...
Jun 17, 2016 12:58 AM

Feb 2016
Biba is a motherfucker
Jun 17, 2016 1:04 AM
Mar 2015
Instead of arguing with biba, mumei should have taken the sword and go to ikoma and help him -_- so stupid.
Jun 17, 2016 1:16 AM

Aug 2013
RyoKei-san said:
drama_menck said:

Wait, what? Are u implying that Mumei was part of Ikoma's harem? I thought they were more like siblings? Mumei is like 12...

Well, actually I was saying that Takumi was part of the harem of Ikoma, but of course it was a joke ..
Jun 17, 2016 1:54 AM

Dec 2014
Biba is such an asshole..... I hope he get what he deserves... that bastard....

That death though in this episode
Jun 17, 2016 1:55 AM

Jul 2013
Of all people, they have to kill Takumi? Really!? Oh, well, I have the feeling he was going to die since he appeared in the beginning credits image of the episode, but I'm upset he died. If they kill the jerkish blonde dude I will be angry.

Wonder how this will end...
Jun 17, 2016 1:57 AM

Jan 2009
i got a feeling that Takumi will live somehow thanks to Mumei since she is staring at Takumi there in the end lol
Jun 17, 2016 2:08 AM

May 2014
Is this gonna be another Akame ga Kill?
I mean did she kill him? Wow.
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jun 17, 2016 2:19 AM

Jan 2009
CrotakuShinobi said:
Is this gonna be another Akame ga Kill?
I mean did she kill him? Wow.

you did not see the preview for next week episode yet?
Jun 17, 2016 2:23 AM

May 2013
Ikoma, for god's sake, try to seriously fight back for once instead of slowly walking towards your opponent with your damn rifle in hand.
When his friend was killed I thought he would actually snap but nope, the supposedly most tanky Kabaneri of all just gets uselessy beaten up once again.

On the other hand we have psycho-Biba who, of course, as all villians of his stereotype saw through the whole plan and switched the keys. Aizen would be so proud. The funny thing was for me that I called the exact thing the moment I saw the keys.
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Jun 17, 2016 2:32 AM
Aug 2015
fst said:
This show is one good soundtrack away from being a worthy successor to Guilty Crown.

Although I must admit, as crazy as that show was, they at least gave the antagonist enough redeeming features that I wasn't completely detached from the plot. At least I could keep watching that asking myself what ridiculous bullshit will they pull next.

Whereas this, I have no such questions, because I know that from here on out, every single twist and turn this show will throw at me will just be Biba killing a bunch of people for no reason. I mean really, did anybody expect their little uprising to actually work? The biggest twist this episode was that only one of them (plus that random dude at the beginning) was killed when I would have expected them to at least show a few more scenes of defenseless women and children being killed en masse for no reason. In retrospect they were remarkably restrained in that regard this week.

The earlier episodes not only had more interesting plotlines, but more action scenes and better animation as well. The show really regresses when it tries to move away from those points, which doesn't bode well for the ending that will shortly be upon us.

They either got their best animators working on the upcoming season of Attack on Titan, or they just didn't give a shit about this show. Too many static images that look ridiculous and are almost funny, the characters' designs seem very off in the last 5 or so episodes, especially Ikoma's, and the action scenes don't have the fluidity that the earlier episodes did.

And don't get me started on the story... something you'd expect from the creator of Code Geass.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

544 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 8, 6:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.