Forum Settings
Forums

Anyone else has a Mydramalist account? (Asian drama )

New
Jun 15, 2016 6:00 AM

Jun 2015
Just made one recently, so here's mine.

Feel free to send me a friend request.

http://mydramalist.com/profile/TheMaster100
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 15, 2016 6:18 AM

Mar 2008
I have one as well :) :
http://mydramalist.com/profile/past
Just saying, but I don't watch as much as I'd like.. 1 episode = 1 hour just takes up so much time T-T
Jun 15, 2016 6:55 AM

Jun 2015
Vanessa said:
I have one as well :) :
http://mydramalist.com/profile/past
Just saying, but I don't watch as much as I'd like.. 1 episode = 1 hour just takes up so much time T-T

I understand, though the episode duration aren't as bad as some of HBO series (1 1/2 hour per episodes at time).
Then again, with the current state of the anime industry (trash they keep releasing), I have more time on other stuff. Such as catching up on some old historical series such as Yongzheng Dynasty, Jumong and The Kingdom of the Winds.
Jun 15, 2016 7:06 AM
Mar 2011
Here is mine, http://mydramalist.com/profile/naens

I've just created it. Only added IWGP. Do you know good things I should watch? Thanks.
Jun 15, 2016 7:13 AM

Jun 2015
naens said:
Here is mine, http://mydramalist.com/profile/naens

I've just created it. Only added IWGP. Do you know good things I should watch? Thanks.

Three Kingdom (2010)
Jumong
Nirvana in Fire
Queen Seondeok
Emperor of the sea
Yongzheng Dynasty/Kangxi Dynasty/Qialong Dynasty
The Empress of China
Yi San
Dae Jang Guem
The Kingdom of the wind
Tenchijin
Ryomaden
A great revival
All men are brothers
HwaeJong
Jing Bi Rock
Shinsengumi
Heroes in Sui and Tang Dynasty
Signal
Six flying Dragons
Empress Ki
The Bridal Mask
Comrades
Battle of Changsha
Tenno no Ryoriban
Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan
Dong Yi
Jun 15, 2016 7:20 AM
Mar 2011
TheMaster100 said:

Three Kingdom (2010)
Jumong
Nirvana in Fire
Queen Seondeok
Emperor of the sea
The Empress of China
Yi San
Dae Jang Guem
The Kingdom of the wind
Tenchijin
Ryomaden
A great revival
All men are brothers
HwaeJong
Jing Bi Rock
Shinsengumi
Signal
Six flying Dragons
Empress Ki
The Bridal Mask
Comrades
Battle of Changsha
Tenno no Ryoriban
Dong Yi
Wow, that's a lot. I hope I'll try a criterium to arrange these titles by priority...
Jun 15, 2016 7:46 AM

Jun 2015
naens said:
TheMaster100 said:

Three Kingdom (2010)
Jumong
Nirvana in Fire
Queen Seondeok
Emperor of the sea
The Empress of China
Yi San
Dae Jang Guem
The Kingdom of the wind
Tenchijin
Ryomaden
A great revival
All men are brothers
HwaeJong
Jing Bi Rock
Shinsengumi
Signal
Six flying Dragons
Empress Ki
The Bridal Mask
Comrades
Battle of Changsha
Tenno no Ryoriban
Dong Yi
Wow, that's a lot. I hope I'll try a criterium to arrange these titles by priority...

Most of these are historical series and have a high episode count.

I also forgot to recommend you...

Hanzawa Naoki
The Disguiser
Gunshi Kanbei
Descendants of the Sun
Reply 1997
Soredemo, Ikite Yuku
TheMaster100Jun 15, 2016 7:54 AM
Jun 15, 2016 3:18 PM

Feb 2014
I made one just to add the Black Butler movie, not really planning on watching any drama serie.
Jun 15, 2016 3:53 PM

Dec 2007
http://mydramalist.com/profile/SchnickelFritz

Just one more episode of KMHM to go! The damn show is as ridiculous as Secret Garden, maybe even more so.. What an overrated mess.

Everyone, go watch Signal. It's brilliant.
Jun 15, 2016 4:58 PM

Dec 2012
I should, I've watched about a dozen or more. And looking for one to catch my interest.

Best K-Drama I've watched so far is Cheese in the trap without a doubt.

SchnickelFritz said:

Just one more episode of KMHM to go! The damn show is as ridiculous as Secret Garden, maybe even more so.. What an overrated mess..

What is KMHM?
Jun 15, 2016 5:34 PM

Dec 2013
I made one (Major) to satisfy the occasional romance fix. But my time in that medium fizzled quick, as most of them are cheesy af or way too long. The music in anime beats those dramas six ways to Sunday too, usually. I haven't seen the historical stuff though and I suspect that genre is leagues better. Imo the MDR platform sucks compared to MAL, and I got bored with the forums because there's so little activity and males are practically non-existent.
Jun 15, 2016 7:26 PM

Jan 2015
lol, i have it two(1st i forget the pass, 2nd too tired to list it back), but look like i listed movie a lot than tv drama itslef :v. btw their rating is more suck than mal

la critique de l'intention pure
Jun 16, 2016 1:09 AM

Mar 2014
Haven't created one yet since I only started getting into Asian cinema recently but I probably will eventually
katiak_Ula said:
lol, i have it two(1st i forget the pass, 2nd too tired to list it back), but look like i listed movie a lot than tv drama itslef :v. btw their rating is more suck than mal
>Some shitty werewolf drama movie is ranked higher than Oldboy and In the mood for love

BREEEEEEEEE
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 16, 2016 1:23 AM

Jan 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Haven't created one yet since I only started getting into Asian cinema recently but I probably will eventually
katiak_Ula said:
>Some shitty werewolf drama movie is ranked higher than Oldboy and In the mood for love

BREEEEEEEEE
lol, pretty much like that xD, only in MDL we can see rurouken LA toppin' seven samurai. i mean for real -_- , they should stick with tv series

Jun 16, 2016 5:43 AM

Jun 2015
Comic_Sans said:
katiak_Ula said:

BREEEEEEEEE

At-least Harakiri 1962 is among the top rated movies, most of Akira kuroasawa films should be 8.5+
MAL ratings themselves are silly (Gintama ahead of LOGH/Monster_.
Jun 16, 2016 8:28 AM

Dec 2007
tsudecimo said:
What is KMHM?

Kill Me, Heal Me. Don't watch it.

Yeah, the charts are pretty bad for the most part (Signal is an exception, thank goodness). Overhyped cliched romances like the two I mentioned tend to be highly rated for some reason. Unfortunately, I still fall for the hype sometimes, then regret it later..

There are plenty of other sites for rating movies, so I only use MDL for dramas.
Jun 16, 2016 4:30 PM

Jun 2015
I use IMDB for movies/tv series.

How good of a crime drama is Signal?
Jun 16, 2016 6:59 PM

Dec 2007
The best!

Actually, my experience with crime dramas is slim to none.. I don't want to start gushing, so I'll just say that there's never a dull moment; it doesn't let up from start to finish.
Jun 17, 2016 8:21 AM

Jun 2015
SchnickelFritz said:
The best!

Actually, my experience with crime dramas is slim to none.. I don't want to start gushing, so I'll just say that there's never a dull moment; it doesn't let up from start to finish.

I'll check it out once I'm done with The Disguiser and my rewatch of The Sopranos.
Jun 17, 2016 9:25 AM

Aug 2013
yes, I have skytree
I Recommend you to watch signal drama it the best crime scene
"There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever
enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker,
or smarter. Everything is within.
Everything is exists.
Seek nothing outside of yourself
" - Musashi
miyamoto
Jun 17, 2016 10:32 AM

Jun 2013
Yes ! http://mydramalist.com/profile/Mewrel it is !

I mainly watch movies because drama episodes are so long
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~
Jun 17, 2016 12:24 PM

Mar 2008
Gymkata said:
I made one (Major) to satisfy the occasional romance fix. But my time in that medium fizzled quick, as most of them are cheesy af or way too long. The music in anime beats those dramas six ways to Sunday too, usually. I haven't seen the historical stuff though and I suspect that genre is leagues better. Imo the MDR platform sucks compared to MAL, and I got bored with the forums because there's so little activity and males are practically non-existent.

Agree with you about everything. Although I admit I'm such a sucker for cheesy stuff, it's my weak point x_x

Also since you guys mentioned Signal @TheMaster100 @SchnickelFritz @Rxargyros I think I watched the first (and second? can't recall) Episode and the problem for me is
Will probably still watch the series some time later as I liked it otherwise, but granted it's an important aspect of the show.. kinda disappointing
Jun 17, 2016 3:25 PM

Jul 2012
Glad to hear there is a service. Wondered if therre was one out there but i'm fucking

lazy. haven't been watching much in the last year, but have seen many. Secret Love Affair almost killed me and i stopped watching. NO SPOILERS PLEASE! i could still go back haha (btw i often look for older shows)

Anyway, should dig up my 2T and start listing. would like to get back into it

thanks for posting OP
Jun 17, 2016 5:04 PM

Jun 2015
It's a shame that I can't add any Subcontinent Asian movies on MyDramalist :(
Sholay, Mughal E Azam, Anand, 3 Idiots, Pyaasa, Do Bigha Zamin, Chupke Chupke, Jaane Bhi do Yaaro and Guide were all fantastic Bollywood films.
Jun 17, 2016 8:08 PM

Dec 2007
Vanessa said:
Also since you guys mentioned Signal @TheMaster100 @SchnickelFritz @Rxargyros I think I watched the first (and second? can't recall) Episode and the problem for me is
Will probably still watch the series some time later as I liked it otherwise, but granted it's an important aspect of the show.. kinda disappointing

Shouldn't be too big of a spoiler, but in case you were wondering,
It didn't bother me, though.
Jun 26, 2016 3:35 PM

Aug 2009
I had one years ago. I got busy and put the KDramas that I was going to watch on hold. Went to check on the account, a few years later, and apparently it had been scrubbed. I might set one up again, but I can't remember most of the shows and movies I have seen. Sigh. But might be time to rebuild, thanks for the motivation OP!

Jun 26, 2016 4:49 PM

Jan 2011
I have one and watch from all 3 main languages, almost equally. http://mydramalist.com/profile/JayRandom

OP, how did you enjoy Nirvana In Fire? I don't come by many people who have watched cdramas. I like your taste, I'm quite similar except I'm also into pure romance drama.

Favorites from your list (though I can't say I've seen most of them) :
Nirvana in Fire
Six flying Dragons
Empress Ki
The Bridal Mask
Jun 28, 2016 2:13 AM

Dec 2011
I have one there too as well http://mydramalist.com/profile/Kaitonic
Jun 29, 2016 3:49 AM

Jun 2015
Too many plebs on that site, need to be careful what they overrate...
Jun 29, 2016 5:13 PM

Dec 2007
TheMaster100 said:
Too many plebs on that site, need to be careful what they overrate...

I don't pretend to have the most refined taste, despite my earlier postings.. I enjoy a cheesy romance every now and then, and can tolerate some melodrama.
Jun 30, 2016 2:18 AM
Jul 2018
Yep, http://mydramalist.com/profile/metreveli

but i use it Very Rarely
Jun 30, 2016 7:29 AM

Jan 2010
TheMaster100 said:
Just made one recently, so here's mine.

Feel free to send me a friend request.

http://mydramalist.com/profile/TheMaster100

Here's mine. I would like to see more people on that site.
Jul 5, 2016 8:30 AM

Jun 2015
I've seen many Asian dramas for the past 20 years or so... and Three Kingdom (2010) is still my absolute favourite.
@mdo7 @Deatherit @SchnickelFritz @kaitonic @ShiroiMuffler @Spyro @Comic_Sans
@Noobstar21 @Kewpie_doll @Vanessa @naens @Rxargyros @katiak_Ula @tsudecimo
@Punkero @Gymkata

Sits comfortably in my top 2 favourite drama series/tv series.
Jul 5, 2016 8:49 AM

Jan 2015
@TheMaster100 , lol what the tag mean :) ?
Mmm, talk asian drama(dominantly dorama) and look at my list, I finished around 30 and drop also around 30, and unfortunately these three kingdom was not one of it, but maybe other dudes been tagged have opinion regard it
I'm not watch any drama for now except one title onhold. If talk my fave so far are amachan and mahoro ekimae bangaichi

Jul 5, 2016 3:03 PM

Jan 2010
TheMaster100 said:
I've seen many Asian dramas for the past 20 years or so... and Three Kingdom (2010) is still my absolute favourite.
@Punkero @Gymkata

Already accepted your friend request on mydramalist. You said you've been watching many Asian dramas for 20 years. So what was your first Asian drama you watch and what year did you first watch them?
Jul 5, 2016 3:06 PM

Jan 2010
@TheMaster100

Judging from your list of drama you watch, you seem to like period/ancient drama? Did you even try watching a serious modern drama? If you never I could recommend, Descendants of the Sun? You can watch it on Viki or on Dramafever (if you live in North America)
Jul 5, 2016 3:12 PM

Dec 2007
TheMaster100 said:
@Punkero @Gymkata

That's one I'd been keeping my eye on, but was on the fence about.. I wondered how faithful it would be to the original story (not that I've read it yet..). I'll add it to my plan to watch list on your recommendation, though.

I was introduced to RotTK via Koei's excellent strategy game series many years ago. I actually began reading Mitsuteru Yokoyama's manga adaptation recently, and I plan to tackle the book itself eventually. Intriguing stuff.
Jul 5, 2016 4:57 PM

Jun 2015
mdo7 said:
TheMaster100 said:
@Punkero @Gymkata

Already accepted your friend request on mydramalist. You said you've been watching many Asian dramas for 20 years. So what was your first Asian drama you watch and what year did you first watch them?

Can't remember, seen so many bollywood films/drama over the last 3 decades, I watched East Asian dramas around the mid 90's?

mdo7 said:
@TheMaster100

Judging from your list of drama you watch, you seem to like period/ancient drama? Did you even try watching a serious modern drama? If you never I could recommend, Descendants of the Sun? You can watch it on Viki or on Dramafever (if you live in North America)

Bollywood crime drama/Romance/Historical/Comedic and East Asian period drama/historical drama series are my favourite. Not many good Western period drama (other than Deadwood, Blackadder and Rome for example.
When it comes to modern drama, I look for HBO/AMC/BBC to be honest. Italian series have also been good in the last couple of years such as Gomorrah (excellent crime drama series)).
Jul 5, 2016 5:01 PM

Jun 2015
SchnickelFritz said:
TheMaster100 said:
@Punkero @Gymkata

That's one I'd been keeping my eye on, but was on the fence about.. I wondered how faithful it would be to the original story (not that I've read it yet..). I'll add it to my plan to watch list on your recommendation, though.

I was introduced to RotTK via Koei's excellent strategy game series many years ago. I actually began reading Mitsuteru Yokoyama's manga adaptation recently, and I plan to tackle the book itself eventually. Intriguing stuff.

I've read some of Ravages of Time but i have already seen Three Kingdom 2010 Twice :P
Jiang Hu fansubs are fantastic, you can find them on youtube via two channels (THXer and Williamto Halim). 95 episodes of greatness, it has omitted some scenes (Starts after the yellow turban rebellion for example) and elaborated/added other scenes. Very faithful.

Warning, watching this might cause you not to like most other period drama series, so far the only Eastern Asian series I'd gladly give it a 10/10 rating.
Jul 5, 2016 5:33 PM

Jan 2010
TheMaster100 said:

Bollywood crime drama/Romance/Historical/Comedic and East Asian period drama/historical drama series are my favourite. Not many good Western period drama (other than Deadwood, Blackadder and Rome for example.
When it comes to modern drama, I look for HBO/AMC/BBC to be honest. Italian series have also been good in the last couple of years such as Gomorrah (excellent crime drama series)).

Well you could try watching some of the modern one from South Korea. There are plots in modern K-dramas that you can't find in European series. I mean it's no wonder why Europe and America has been wanting to remake K-dramas. Were you aware ITV from the UK has announced a remake of the K-drama, Who are you?

Also as I said, which European dramas can you find which has plot like these:

Regarding these K-dramas I mention above, they carried plot/storyline that you can't find in any European dramas. I wouldn't be surprised if Europe want to remake/adapt these into localized format. You said you watch Italian drama, right? Were you aware that Ice Adonis/Yellow Boots got an Italian remake? So would you watch these modern K-drama if I told you they were getting European remake?
Jul 5, 2016 5:41 PM

Jan 2010
TheMaster100 said:

I forgot to mention that Bollywood has also been remaking/adapting Korean stuff too, here's another article. So I wouldn't be surprised if India decided to remake these into localized format:

Jul 10, 2016 10:43 AM

Jun 2015
I'm watching 'The Imperial Doctress' at the moment.
Jul 11, 2016 1:55 PM

Jan 2010
TheMaster100 said:

Well do you have any plan to watch any non-period drama from either China or South Korea?
Jul 12, 2016 4:36 PM

Jul 2016
I'm glad I read this forum! I just made an account with mydramalist as well.
My account is http://mydramalist.com/profile/pumpkinpomelo
Feel free to add me as a friend too!
Jul 13, 2016 5:00 AM

Jun 2015
mdo7 said:
TheMaster100 said:

Well do you have any plan to watch any non-period drama from either China or South Korea?

Honestly Eastern Asian series excel when they are historical period drama.
Western World, African cinema and Bollywood thrive on non-historical period drama series.
Jul 13, 2016 6:19 AM

Jan 2010
TheMaster100 said:

Western World, African cinema and Bollywood thrive on non-historical period drama series.

So how come you never bother watching K-dramas like D-day, Healer, or Descendant of the Sun. I mean those dramas, you're not going to find them in any European or Bollywood films/dramas.
Jul 13, 2016 11:21 PM

Dec 2013
mdo7 said:
TheMaster100 said:

So how come you never bother watching K-dramas like D-day, Healer, or Descendant of the Sun. I mean those dramas, you're not going to find them in any European or Bollywood films/dramas.

I saw those last two and honestly, thought DotS was outrageously overrated. The Ost was better than everything in it put together. Healer too, although not nearly to the same degree. I liked Oh Gwang Rok, Kim Mi Kyung, and Jeong Gyoo Soo - good performances.

What do you guys recommend that's short, around 10-16 eps?
Jul 14, 2016 5:52 AM

Jan 2010
Gymkata said:

I saw those last two and honestly, thought DotS was outrageously overrated. The Ost was better than everything in it put together. Healer too, although not nearly to the same degree. I liked Oh Gwang Rok, Kim Mi Kyung, and Jeong Gyoo Soo - good performances.

Outrageous, maybe. But DOTS and D-day bring something new and innovative to the K-drama scene.
Jul 16, 2016 1:29 PM
Jul 16, 2016 3:51 PM

Mar 2016
Toppiyo

My favorite dramas are:
Tree With Deep Roots [Historical Korean Drama]
I Hear Your Voice [Law/Crime Romantic Korean Drama]
White Christmas [Mystery/Psychological Korean Drama]
Make It Right The Series [Romantic Comedy Thailand Drama]
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7554 by 0arche »»
3 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Yesterday

5 by Zayvex »»
6 hours ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

17 by GoddessLove »»
7 hours ago

» AI generated OP/ED themes from imaginary anime that I came up with. (Over 20 songs and counting!)

FFandMMfan - Yesterday

2 by FFandMMfan »»
10 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3379 by SilentAssassin88 »»
Today, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.