Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2016 6:41 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Lol after all that tough talk, he underestimated Tatsuhiko. What a move!
Apr 21, 2019 3:08 AM

Jun 2016
Edit: THE FIRST PAGE OF THIS CHAPTER IS MISSING AND IT ADDS SOMETHING SUBSTANTIAL!!

Warning- I go into what it adds which spoils the remainder of this arc.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
First reaction:
Crazy chapter. So as expected they knew each other from when they were younger. I really like their younger designs, I wonder if we'll see a flashback at any point. I can understand why Tatsuhiko didn't recognize Hideyoshi now especially since he knew him by a different name. There's still a lot hidden from us though.

Did Tatsuhiko bully him? I get mixed feelings, he noted he himself called him Boroya, and Hideyoshi has hard feelings for Tatsuhiko. There's a lot going on and you could tell just how conflicted Tatsuhiko seemed this chapter too. And, I mean, Tatsuhiko jumped the building for Hideyoshi, he nearly killed himself, I didn't expect him to make it honestly with how big that gap was. Maybe he wants to repent in a way, both help Hideyoshi get out of this life and save future Ageha's from being used like that.

I think we saw for the first time so briefly the good part of Hideyoshi that Yousuke brings up. In that one panel on page 56 it felt like he was reaching out to Tatsuhiko. He could have simply left with the briefcase but he wanted to tell Tatsuhiko why he was acting the way he was. We know he ran away from home back then, and currently he feels he can't go back to how things used to be, that he has to keep going until he hits a dead end. It made me think that makes sense from what we've seen, his all or nothing, forceful, and scummy approaches fits that motivation, and maybe just maybe he rationalizes it with that worldview about not trusting anyone!

There was so much tension here that we((I)) can't exactly place because I don't know enough. Anyways, the jump across the building was amazing. This is a new high for Tatsuhiko and it tells me that when he believes he should act and he's not being stopped physically or causally or by orders he will jump a literal building to do it. My favorite part of it was how uncool the jump was, he immediately screamed his lungs out rightfully so. What we do know for sure is that Hideyoshi tried to scare Tatsuhiko off and reached out by claiming the difference between their worlds was alike that massive gap between them, that there's no going back anymore, and Tatsuhiko totally crossed it to prove to him they aren't so different and if he can make it there, Hideyoshi can make it back, right!?!?! <3

gfsdfgsdgsdfgsDec 30, 2019 2:06 AM

More topics from this board

» No group scanlating it?

millo - Aug 11, 2011

2 by basedpeyt »»
Sep 22, 2022 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shinjuku Swan Chapter 51 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

2 by Keyaru6 »»
Jun 18, 2021 4:51 AM

Poll: » Shinjuku Swan Chapter 45 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - May 5, 2019

2 by Keyaru6 »»
Jun 18, 2021 3:45 AM

Poll: » Shinjuku Swan Chapter 42 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - May 3, 2019

1 by Keyaru6 »»
Jun 18, 2021 3:31 AM

Poll: » Shinjuku Swan Chapter 41 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - May 2, 2019

1 by Keyaru6 »»
Jun 18, 2021 3:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.