Forum Settings
Forums

Transgender character confirmed in next Disney movie

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 14, 2016 9:52 PM

Jun 2013
Kids are going to learn about transgender people eventually, and I highly doubt that a trans side character would really hold that big of an impact on them. The world's becoming a more tolerant society, and that's a good thing. Hell, showcasing mixed-race couples in movies was once frowned upon, but that's basically a sentiment of the past now. I'm sure that LGBTQ characters/couples are bound to follow the same path.

Jun 14, 2016 10:37 PM

Oct 2015
I personally don't care at all but of course a bunch of religious people would avoid the movie and not let there kids see it just for that which is stupid if you ask me. Kids will learn about LGBT people when they start going to school from other students even if its a religious school. In fact they'd probably hear more about it in a religious school as they would probably frequently tell you that being LGBT is evil.

I'm still curious if they will make Elsa gay in Frozen 2, I don't think they will because a bunch of people would then boycott it, I'm sure Russia would ban it to as you apparently aren't allow to tell kids that gay people exist there.
Jun 14, 2016 10:48 PM

Apr 2014
Mywifesson said:
Masked_Mantis said:
Stop mollycoddling children please. They're not fragile china ornaments.

it's not about coddling it's the opposite, it's about not teaching kids to dress up as women, it;s about not taking gay kids and injecting them with hormones before they have any idea what "gender" is or sex. Nobody should be on hormones under 18, kids often act in ways to seem unique and do a bunch of stupid shit they regret when they are young to be liked. Single mother's are pushing their shitty kids to be trannies because they want to have a tranny kid, they don't understand the implications. and then they commit suicide.
its a stingray so that's just your conjecture when talking about dressing up as a woman would be a kids thought.

Not including these characters does make a statement that they should remain alienated and that it's somehow bad. This can only be treated as raising kids to not think these things are bad, whereas they'll learn naturally what being trams involves.

It's less about forced diversity and more about the reaction from people. Unfortunately people still freak out because they still think this is corrupting children. Not showing these characters implies being gay or trans would be bad, when you don't need to show these characters regardless because there will always be gay and trans people. The truth doesn't matter to conservatives, you're still all interested in pushing a mind control agenda of your own.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Jun 14, 2016 11:01 PM

Feb 2008
Archaevia said:
Kids are going to learn about transgender people eventually, and I highly doubt that a trans side character would really hold that big of an impact on them. The world's becoming a more tolerant society, and that's a good thing. Hell, showcasing mixed-race couples in movies was once frowned upon, but that's basically a sentiment of the past now. I'm sure that LGBTQ characters/couples are bound to follow the same path.
MattKitsune96 said:
I personally don't care at all but of course a bunch of religious people would avoid the movie and not let there kids see it just for that which is stupid if you ask me. Kids will learn about LGBT people when they start going to school from other students even if its a religious school. In fact they'd probably hear more about it in a religious school as they would probably frequently tell you that being LGBT is evil.

I'm still curious if they will make Elsa gay in Frozen 2, I don't think they will because a bunch of people would then boycott it, I'm sure Russia would ban it to as you apparently aren't allow to tell kids that gay people exist there.

It has nothing to do with religion. Being extremely tolerant of everything ever is also not positive behaviour in my eyes. There needs to be a line drawn somewhere, and for me that line begins with trans people. I don't want to, for example, have a young daughter (let's say 7 or 8 years old) going to a bathroom and coming across some creepo with hairy legs and facial hair wearing a miniskirt and lingerie. I want to raise my children in a society where there are only two genders-- male and female-- and I have every right to do so as they are my own children. Liberal media and government does not get to choose how my children are raised. It's quite ironic how liberals espouse "tolerance" like this and yet have zero respect for people of conservative beliefs.
Jun 15, 2016 1:24 AM

Sep 2014
Who cares about sequel no.124373747 anyway?
Jun 15, 2016 1:33 AM

Jun 2016
Okay but how the hell can a fish be transgender? Disney is trying too hard to be diverse.
Username is subject to change.
Jun 15, 2016 2:20 AM

Aug 2013
Hoppy said:
Bobby2Hands said:
pfft, The Powerpuff Girls had a transgender character all the way back in 1998 and nobody flipped their shit about it.
It sure as hell didn't destroy society or corrupt the youth either.

He was a villain though and a really dark one for a kids show.

wow, so dark I'm scared out of my pants
Jun 15, 2016 6:05 AM

Feb 2016
I don't care (no strong feelings about it one way or another). IMO people who are getting all up in arms about stuff like this need to stop freaking out and get with the times!
Jun 15, 2016 6:18 AM

Feb 2016
Meh, to my kids it's just a fish that's funny because it thinks it's a girl (or guy, whatever, haven't seen the movie yet). They laugh when guys wear dresses, whatever.

To me, it's just a standard forced Disney sequel that nobody wanted.

To both of us, it will be quickly forgotten.
Jun 15, 2016 6:38 AM

Apr 2016
Masked_Mantis said:
Mywifesson said:

it's not about coddling it's the opposite, it's about not teaching kids to dress up as women, it;s about not taking gay kids and injecting them with hormones before they have any idea what "gender" is or sex. Nobody should be on hormones under 18, kids often act in ways to seem unique and do a bunch of stupid shit they regret when they are young to be liked. Single mother's are pushing their shitty kids to be trannies because they want to have a tranny kid, they don't understand the implications. and then they commit suicide.
its a stingray so that's just your conjecture when talking about dressing up as a woman would be a kids thought.

Not including these characters does make a statement that they should remain alienated and that it's somehow bad. This can only be treated as raising kids to not think these things are bad, whereas they'll learn naturally what being trams involves.

It's less about forced diversity and more about the reaction from people. Unfortunately people still freak out because they still think this is corrupting children. Not showing these characters implies being gay or trans would be bad, when you don't need to show these characters regardless because there will always be gay and trans people. The truth doesn't matter to conservatives, you're still all interested in pushing a mind control agenda of your own.

You dont understand the shit foaming from your own mouth. Not including trannies who make up less than .1% of the population in everything makes perfect sense. This is agenda pushing, you want to teach kids to dress up like girls and then have their stupid parents nurture that and the end result is they are on hormones, by 12 they already have tits and realize what a huge mistake they made but since they were being encouraged to do it every step of the way they got goaded into it. There is no end game for trannies you cant be an old tranny you cant have kids. You are a temporary fetish that ages like milk in the hyperbolic time chamber. Thats why you kill yourselfat a rate of 40% as well as the fact you are mentally ill.

Should we include arsonists in every disney movie? What about pedophiles
Jun 15, 2016 7:17 AM

Jan 2015
This so retarded. I'm not even gonna watch this stupid ass movie.
Jun 15, 2016 8:15 AM
Jun 2015
I dont really understand the thinking behind the Transgender stuff. People that are transgender mutilate thier bodies and inject hormones to look and sound like the opposite sex? Are they called transgender because they can never actually change sex outside of some superficial changes? Why not just call them Trannies, or are Trannies just one snip away from the Transgender term?

Anyways, I wouldnt let children watch anything with overtly gay stuff in it. If Disney can make money off it then good for them.
Jun 15, 2016 9:00 AM

May 2015
OH NOSE THE SJW'S ARE WINNING THERE'S A CHARACTER WHO'S TRANSGENDER I'M OPPRESSED.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 15, 2016 9:03 AM
Apr 2013
You've got to be kidding me
What a joke

They won't even do it seriously it'll just be another comic character with totally unrealistic character traits
Jun 15, 2016 12:02 PM

Aug 2013
55Snakes said:
You've got to be kidding me
What a joke

They won't even do it seriously it'll just be another comic character with totally unrealistic character traits

today we get this

what will we get in the future ?
Jun 15, 2016 12:07 PM

Jun 2016
That's nice.

I mean, it's still a cashgrab, and I'm not interested. But that's nice, I don't really see why people make a big deal about LGBT characters in kid movies.
Jun 15, 2016 12:12 PM

Aug 2013
Hopefully this'll appease them for the time being. Kids aren't going to be caring about stuff like this anyway.

implying that it's possible to appease these people
Jun 15, 2016 12:13 PM

Mar 2014
Cygne said:
That's nice.

I mean, it's still a cashgrab, and I'm not interested. But that's nice, I don't really see why people make a big deal about LGBT characters in kid movies.
IT'S THEM QUEERS MAN, THEY'RE BEHIND EVERYTHING
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 15, 2016 12:15 PM

Jun 2016
Comic_Sans said:
Cygne said:
That's nice.

IT'S THEM QUEERS MAN, THEY'RE BEHIND EVERYTHING

Darn! Those gays with their darn gay agenda, corrupting our youth with transgender fish.
Jun 15, 2016 12:23 PM

Feb 2016
Now I gotta explain to my 6 year old nephew what an transgendered person is. Thanks Disney.

Do these people not realize that this could mess with kids that age's minds? I'm not a religious nut or anything but I just would like it if they kept politics out of movies meant for small children because lets be honest, this is a move to appeal to sjw's and to make Disney seem progressive.

If this movie was one marketed towards teens and above I wouldn't care at all but the fact that this movie is going to force myself and many others to explain in full detail what being transgendered means to children is going to be irritating.
Jun 15, 2016 12:27 PM

Jun 2014
Usagi said:
Well, I doubt children are going to understand a fish being transgender anyway...

Isn't there something about clown fish changing sex? I think it occurs when there is no mate of the opposite sex.
Jun 15, 2016 12:28 PM

Sep 2015
If Walt only knew how those degenerates spit on his legacy. Makes me sad

Jun 15, 2016 12:28 PM

May 2013
I mean just go on deviant art, male to female transformation fanart is done for literally every character in existence. People fucking love this shit man, allll types of people...vKeeping it under the rug is only going to create more problems. This doesn't sound like it's going to be perverted in any way, though. I'd be way more worried if they were afraid to do stuff like this, I mean it's really just a simple plot device.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jun 15, 2016 1:42 PM

Jun 2013
Veronin said:

It has nothing to do with religion. Being extremely tolerant of everything ever is also not positive behaviour in my eyes. There needs to be a line drawn somewhere, and for me that line begins with trans people. I don't want to, for example, have a young daughter (let's say 7 or 8 years old) going to a bathroom and coming across some creepo with hairy legs and facial hair wearing a miniskirt and lingerie. I want to raise my children in a society where there are only two genders-- male and female-- and I have every right to do so as they are my own children. Liberal media and government does not get to choose how my children are raised. It's quite ironic how liberals espouse "tolerance" like this and yet have zero respect for people of conservative beliefs.

And you should have every right to raise your children however you want; anyone who says otherwise is a self-righteous douche. As you've said, they're your children, and the government has zero right to infringe upon that, except in extreme circumstances. That's a right that should always be respected, regardless of what mainstream society's beliefs are. However, you can't expect the media to always conform to that. They're always going to cater to whatever demographic has the most money to give them, and it just looks like things are just going to get more liberal from hereon out. If you don't approve of it, don't let it get to your kids. Ultimately whatever they get access to is your responsibility as a parent, not the rest of the world's.

As for the whole idea of tolerance, I'll leave it at this: there's nothing wrong with teaching children that everyone's personality and life experiences is different, and so long as they're not hurting anyone, that's okay. To be honest with you, I don't see why the trans bathroom issue is such a big deal- I haven't really looked into the law, mind you, but I can't imagine it being passed without it being restricted to people who have clinically been diagnosed with gender dysphoria. Regardless, there hasn't ever been anything really preventing that situation from occurring in the first place. It's not really something you can deal with until it's already done. It's the kind of thing you'd just have to report and move on.

Jun 18, 2016 2:12 PM

Mar 2016
Why do you have an issue with this. I think it's great for kids to know that being transgender isn't a bad thing.
Jun 18, 2016 2:15 PM

May 2016
Aw well.. Who cares anyway if the movie is fine..
Jun 18, 2016 2:43 PM

Feb 2016
L
O
L

wuuuut ?-? lmfao #done.

-------
btw, it most likely isn't true.
Jun 18, 2016 3:11 PM

Dec 2014
Lol Disney is bound to filled with parental complains
Jun 18, 2016 4:16 PM

Jan 2013
It's weird that they're doing it with a fish, but other than that who honestly cares.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2016 7:17 PM

Dec 2015
I don't get why it's such a big deal .-.
"Move as swiftly as the wind"
"Stay as silent as the forest"
"Strike as fierce as the fire"
"Undefeated like the mountain"
Jun 18, 2016 7:28 PM

Dec 2013
Depiction is not endorsement.

Deal with it, LGBT people exist, all this movie would be doing is representing them. It's not saying "you should be gay/trans", it's not even saying "being LGBT is all right". It's doing nothing bad at showing people this.
Jun 18, 2016 7:32 PM

Dec 2015
Funny, the people who complain about "SJWs" censoring shit and "Political correctness" are the ones complaining about a transgender character in a fucking fish movie.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jun 18, 2016 7:53 PM

Nov 2014
I don't think that having a trans character in a Disney movie is a bad thing, but discussions about sex and gender should be left to the parents. Entertainment media for children should remain politically neutral, and not push either side on this topic.
Jun 19, 2016 2:26 AM

Mar 2016
Great brainwashing propaganda for children, cause the society isn't enough deviant already...
Jun 19, 2016 3:40 AM
Jan 2016
literally who cares whats it matter to u i dont see anyone caring about when squidward birthed squiddy crabby patties
Jun 19, 2016 7:50 AM

Nov 2013
lol transgender stingray
oh boy
If they are going to do this, they should have done it with a sea creature that actually does change sex.

I can see you

Jun 19, 2016 8:05 AM

Sep 2011
MasterGlyth said:
lol transgender stingray
oh boy
If they are going to do this, they should have done it with a sea creature that actually does change sex.

That is what I was thinking.
It'd be nice if the transgender is where the line is drawn but most liberals has hard time knowing when enough is enough or any subtlety. They will keep going down to the slippery slope.
No way to recall
What it was that you had said to me
Like I care at all
But it was so loud
And you sure could yell
You took a stand on every little thing
And it was so loud
Jun 19, 2016 8:09 AM

May 2014
The gender of the fish isn't even a central point in the plot and will most likely go under the radar so who the hell cares ?

And yes i agree that they were better off doing this with a fish that actually does change its gender, that would have at least made sense.
Jun 19, 2016 8:27 AM

May 2016
I would rather have a hot ecchi lesbian couple instead. Trans are just....
Jun 24, 2016 1:06 PM

Jul 2012
lol @ this thread and all its butthurt
Jun 24, 2016 1:27 PM

Jan 2014
Oh great, now Disney is contributing to the delusion and mental illness that is "transgender."
Jun 24, 2016 1:34 PM

Jun 2016
Personally I don't really give a shit what people classify themselves as or do in the privacy in their own homes but it's clear that Disney and other media companies are pushing their agendas on the general public; not just liberalism, but globalism as well. Disney is a corrupt monopoly that supports the TPP so that Mickey Mouse will never be in public domain. We need to back out of the TPP and NAFTA and pass another anti-trust act.
Jun 24, 2016 5:02 PM
Jul 2018
I just saw the movie and I have no idea where this character showed up at all
I can comb through the entire thing and I swear the only stingray was the teacher stingray who I'm pretty sure is still male
removed-userJun 24, 2016 5:08 PM
Jun 24, 2016 5:27 PM

Jan 2015
By the end of the movie Dory regains her memories and remembers that she was born a male. Then she joins the undersea LGBTQ party and marries a pansexual shark.

Still a better love story than Twilight.
Jun 24, 2016 5:29 PM

Jul 2012
Usagi said:
Well, I doubt children are going to understand a fish being transgender anyway...

BRB-kun said:
At first I thought it was retarded, but certain fishes can change genders, so why not.
QABJAB said:
Unless they decide to make a Mc. Donalds' toy out of this fish, no one is going to be boycotting in the streets.

All these comments seem so fishy.
I wonder if this idea will go upstream or down stream.
Jun 24, 2016 8:22 PM

Oct 2015
I haven't seen the movie yet but I've been checking for news on this daily, I'm not against this, I'm just curious about it. There hasn't been anything new posted about it for awhile and something like this would definitely get talked about.

I think Ellen was either pulling are leg or there was a transgender character in the movie but Pixar made it a deleted scene at the last minute without Ellen being aware.
Jun 24, 2016 9:30 PM
Jul 2018
MattKitsune96 said:
I haven't seen the movie yet but I've been checking for news on this daily, I'm not against this, I'm just curious about it. There hasn't been anything new posted about it for awhile and something like this would definitely get talked about.

I think Ellen was either pulling are leg or there was a transgender character in the movie but Pixar made it a deleted scene at the last minute without Ellen being aware.

i saw the movie today and not once did i see the stingray that the article and ellen were referring to
to boot i also watched the post credits scene so i think the character must've been moved to a deleted scene
Jun 25, 2016 2:52 AM

Aug 2013
That's strange, I saw the movie but didn't even see the transgender stingray she's talking about
Jun 26, 2016 6:37 PM

Jun 2015
I watched the movie a few days ago. I'm unaware of any info in the movie about a fish being transgender.

But... I guess this is a good right for the next generation? Also, will children really understand these things?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2016 6:51 PM

Apr 2013
Oh please, Disney is behind the times. The Philippines has cast a transgender character in every single one of their soap operas since the beginning of time.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 7 minutes ago

0 by deg »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - 9 hours ago

14 by Adverrito »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

21 by Absurdo_N »»
30 minutes ago

» Anyone had a Drought Emergancy declared for their area?

vasipi4946 - Apr 19

11 by deg »»
39 minutes ago

» Would you ever be interested in going on a blind date?

Thy-Veseveia - 4 hours ago

9 by cody »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.