Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 12, 2016 1:13 PM

Jul 2015
But it's about time now that Emilia gets some characterization. I'm very interested in her. If my predictions are correct, she should be quite a fleshed out character and not just a 0815 one.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jun 12, 2016 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
Drake1000 said:
iRels said:

Can you mind the language? Ugh. I know you're probably short on words - but even so, it's not excusable to be vulgar.

Is this your first day on the internet? I'm not insulting anyone directly with those words, I'm simply talking about fiction.

Uhh. Just because it's fiction... Dude, it's being produced by people. By a bunch of capable professionals. Those characters are being voiced. The story is being well-written. They're putting their heart in it (wanting or not).

Those characters' interactions aren't at a level where you'd say that Rem is... Ugh. It's above that. Rem isn't some bitch. She's well-educated.

The relationship between Subaru and Rem isn't worthy of that. Is it possible that you hate Rem? There were some that didn't enjoy her 'change'. But why instead, don't you insult her in a way... that doesn't make it appear more insulting to yourself, even? Heh.
Jun 12, 2016 1:20 PM
Aug 2014
I can't wait for the 3rd arc... Someone, lend me a time machine... An oven.. ANYTHING.. Anyway, into the episode. This episode made me like Rem and Ram a lot more than in the first episodes of this arc. I really hope that Subaru uses his shamac more often in the future episodes. I don't really understand why Roswald wants to kill the dragon as he is the protector of the capital, he may has a dark past with him or something. This episode is..defiantly the calm before the storm.

I want to know the "storm" as soon as possible <:
Jun 12, 2016 1:22 PM
Apr 2015
im really scared right now beacuse i relized that the anime gonna finish someday and i just cant accept it
Jun 12, 2016 1:22 PM

Apr 2015
Hongu said:
Is it me or did they completely skip the fact that

That's a pretty damn important detail, and one of the reasons they go back to the capital in the first place. Not to mention the whole dragon thing with Roswaal being anime-original. Hopefully they somehow include that in the next episode, or else the future doesn't really bode too well, considering White Fox's previous reputation for this type of stuff..

No this will be addressed at the start of volume 4.

This is also not anime original.

Have you only read the dozens of summaries that float around? Because this would explain why you are confused with both of these aspects since these summaries skip over a lot of story relevant aspects.
FappaJun 12, 2016 1:27 PM
Jun 12, 2016 1:24 PM

Jan 2008
Rem and Ram were so adorable as children. Rem having to live in her sister's shadow. Hearing her say that she is nothing but her sister's replacement was sad.
Jun 12, 2016 1:26 PM
Apr 2014
iRels said:
Drake1000 said:

Is this your first day on the internet? I'm not insulting anyone directly with those words, I'm simply talking about fiction.

Uhh. Just because it's fiction... Dude, it's being produced by people. By a bunch of capable professionals. Those characters are being voiced. The story is being well-written. They're putting their heart in it (wanting or not).

Those characters' interactions aren't at a level where you'd say that Rem is... Ugh. It's above that. Rem isn't some bitch. She's well-educated.

The relationship between Subaru and Rem isn't worthy of that. Is it possible that you hate Rem? There were some that didn't enjoy her 'change'. But why instead, don't you insult her in a way... that doesn't make it appear more insulting to yourself, even? Heh.

You're clearly taking fiction very seriously, relax.
Jun 12, 2016 1:30 PM

Dec 2014
Rosswell seems as shady as ever
Jun 12, 2016 1:30 PM

Jul 2013
Rem and Ram backstory was sad, but interesting at the same time, since we have learned a bit of how are the demons of this world and that, apparently, the Witch's cults hunts them for something.

Roswaal was the MVP at the end, he saved everyone and frees Subaru of his curses. He is probably the most interesting character at the moment and I want to see more of him and his goal.

The end with Rem smiling was sweet. At this point, Subaru needs to bang Emilia and Rem. The guy sure deserves it after that suffering.

Cannot wait for the third arc to start!
Jun 12, 2016 1:33 PM

Mar 2014
namedrisk said:
FFS people use the frigging SPOILER TAG when applicable... @AnimeAdamOP @Hongu and others I skipped!

I spoiler tagged his post when responding to it, what else do you want from me?
Jun 12, 2016 1:34 PM

Mar 2015
(Downloading new ep now)
Why do they call him Balls? Err Barusu?
Jun 12, 2016 1:38 PM
Aug 2015

This episode was beautiful !!!!!!!
Jun 12, 2016 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
Dkmariolink said:
Move over, Emilia-tan, Rem-chi and Subaru are now my OTP. The winds are strong.

Yuup. Emilia has been the downside of the show for quite a while now.

I don't share your opinion, hah. Emilia possess more importance in that world than the twins. Wouldn't it be agreeable then, that more of her is revealed later, instead? Is it that you're not used to this approach? She was shown first, so you'd want her to be revealed more? To not stand in the background too much? Why? Because other shows used this in their 'recipe'? Don't you remember that it was Subaru that asked Roswaal to stay living in the mansion? (She wasn't interested in starting something. She just helped him out in the alley out of goodwill. Goodwill that was enforced even more with the help she gave to that little girl.) You might've only had the impression that she was supposed to be focused more. It was after all, her that brought Subaru there. But the show didn't go in such a generic route. And that's a good thing. I imagine that in other shows, maids are so less important... That they're not given enough light. That they stand in the background like the twins were episode 4. (I'm picturing adult maids and butlers of realistic appearance, in real-world anime shows... Yeah. There'd not be much to them, would it? But would to their blonde mistress.)
Jun 12, 2016 1:45 PM

Jul 2015
iRels said:
Fai said:

I don't share your opinion, hah. Emilia possess more importance in that world than the twins. Wouldn't it be agreeable then, that more of her is revealed later, instead? Is it that you're not used to this approach? She was shown first, so you'd want her to be revealed more? To not stand in the background too much? Why? Because other shows used this in their 'recipe'? Don't you remember that it was Subaru that asked Roswaal to stay living in the mansion? (She wasn't interested in starting something. She just helped him out in the alley out of goodwill. Goodwill that was enforced even more with the help she gave to that little girl.) You might've only had the impression that she was supposed to be focused more. It was after all, her that brought Subaru there. But the show didn't go in such a generic route. And that's a good thing. I imagine that in other shows, maids are so less important... That they're not given enough light. That they stand in the background like the twins were episode 4. (I'm picturing adult maids and butlers of realistic appearance, in real-world anime shows... Yeah. There'd not be much to them, would it? But would to their blonde mistress.)

There would have been complaints anyway. If they delayed the background story of Ram and Rem, people would whine about one-dimensional side characters. If Emilia was characterized in the first episodes, people would whine about her slowly fading away. If they had mixed the stories, people would whine about the focus. If they showed a bit over time, they would claim that the characters wouldn't have an impact. The irony of writing. You can't please everyone and their "standards of writing".

Jul 2013
Raven_Wingz said:
(Downloading new ep now)
Why do they call him Balls? Err Barusu?
I think it's because Ram inverts the syllables of his name (Balse is pronounced Barusu; Baru-Su = Su-Baru).

Jan 2016
Goddamn it why is this series so good.

Anime of the year material right here.

Elsa - Queen of Seductive Rape Faces
Jun 12, 2016 1:49 PM

Jan 2014
Lovely smile (ˊo̴̶̷̤⌄o̴̶̷̤ˋ)

Ram seems to be dependant on Roswaal supplying her mana, though still.. so much mystery! Not sure if amazing or weird that Subaru has already learned to use his skill. I guess though because he has died so many times.. he has had plenty of time to train.

Jun 2014
Wait, rem said fanatical like a demon, But Subaru taught her that saying in a different life. Did i miss something or is there a new twist coming?

*Edit, my bad, episode 9 he said it again!

JerryReiJun 12, 2016 1:55 PM

Apr 2015
Sometimes791 said:

There would have been complaints anyway. If they delayed the background story of Ram and Rem, people would whine about one-dimensional side characters. If Emilia was characterized in the first episodes, people would whine about her slowly fading away. If they had mixed the stories, people would whine about the focus. If they showed a bit over time, they would claim that the characters wouldn't have an impact. The irony of writing. You can't please everyone and their "standards of writing".

Exactly that. The good thing is this story does the one thing that can fix this; having a extremely long story filled with a lot of content. It takes its time but the author is able to develop all these characters properly. All you need as a reader/watcher is patience :)
Jun 12, 2016 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
HecticLeo said:
Molandero said:

all the suffering from waiting, has healed by rem smile :'(and when she crying i cant take it anymore.. 5/5 mah gurl for suyre

This one scene made me tear up a bit which was completely unexpected from this anime. Your girl? Excuse me but she's MY maid.

Please no fighting over who she belongs to, she is simply "The Best Girl". Let us all work together to worship her and to spread the joy she gives us.

DarklordVor said:
Look at all these newly converted people! How beautiful! Rem-rin finally received her spotlight in the anime.

Take that back naysayers who claimed that I was delusional when I said my Rem-rin is best girl.

Ahh how beautiful will arc 3 be with you converted people~

Praise Rem, our one true "Best Girl", but don't lash out at those naysayers they knew not of what they spoke. Only with time and more screen time/moments of best girl will they be able too truly look back and see how they have wronged others and told themselves falsehoods.
Jun 12, 2016 1:51 PM
Jun 2016
Aaaaaaah so many epic moment in one episode, sick :D ! Go Subaru, rule 'em all !
Jun 12, 2016 1:53 PM

Jul 2015
Fappa said:
Sometimes791 said:

Exactly that. The good thing is this story does the one thing that can fix this; having a extremely long story filled with a lot of content. It takes its time but the author is able to develop all these characters properly. All you need as a reader/watcher is patience :)

I actually like this kind of writing more. First building up the side characters and laying the groundwork, then moving on to focus on to the more important characters. That way, the side characters remain present while the main characters receive more focus as the story goes on. And it's not like the author discards the characters and their developments, but uses them together with the main characters, so it works in favor of the story. And I think there were some hints for Emilia, but it's hard to pick them up (or am I wrong?).
Jun 12, 2016 1:57 PM

Dec 2012
nice, now we get to know another emilia's cute nickname

HAIL EMT. HAIL EMF

May 2016
This anime has Emilia listed as main character while Rem is a supporting one, shouldn't it be the other way around?

Jun 2014
Fappa said:
Oh lord jesus...They adapted the flashback into their past perfectly.

Oh and Rem's crying face at the end. I feared they wouldn't do the wonderful LN art of it no justice but boy they made it even better.

Also surprised to hear the OP within the episode but that only shows me that next week will most likely be new OP time :)!

Can you show me the LN picture? I'm interested to see how it looks like.
Jun 12, 2016 2:01 PM

Nov 2007
It will be an understatement if I said this episode was absolutely beautiful.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 12, 2016 2:02 PM

Apr 2015
Sometimes791 said:

I actually like this kind of writing more. First building up the side characters and laying the groundwork, then moving on to focus on to the more important characters. That way, the side characters remain present while the main characters receive more focus as the story goes on. And it's not like the author discards the characters and their developments, but uses them together with the main characters, so it works in favor of the story. And I think there were some hints for Emilia, but it's hard to pick them up (or am I wrong?).

The thing is Emilia has clearly some ties to something that is one of main story plot points. The author simply doesn't develop her yet because this would inevitable mean jumping into the deep story points. So instead the author creates the perfect environment with world building and side characters first to unfold her character that can immediately find a hold within this story.

I mean the author even said Emilia was the hardest character to write. He has a lot like A LOT for her in store, he simply waits to show that :)
Jun 12, 2016 2:03 PM

Feb 2015
Every episode just keeps geting better and better.
I'm secretly hoping that it'll end up on MAL's Top 10.

Jun 12, 2016 2:05 PM

Dec 2013
Sometimes791 said:

So true. Many haven't yet realized how long is this series. Good that the author does what he pleases. :)
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Jun 12, 2016 2:05 PM

Apr 2015
Thai777 said:

Sure! Here it is and it's colored somewhere but I can't find it at the moment :3

Jun 12, 2016 2:06 PM

Jan 2015
Corny632 said:
Every episode just keeps geting better and better.
I'm secretly hoping that it'll end up on MAL's Top 10.

Same but breaking 9.00 and staying there is really tough on MAL.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 12, 2016 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
What an amazing episode. Didn't know Rem had such an inferiority complex towards Ram. The smile that Rem showed when Ram losed her horn was not cool tho =(.

Btw when that weird clown guy or whatever asked Ram if she was ready, I seriously thought that they were going to have a lewd night XDDD.
Jun 12, 2016 2:08 PM

Sep 2015
JeBleach said:

Please no fighting over who she belongs to, she is simply "The Best Girl". Let us all work together to worship her and to spread the joy she gives us.

Forgive me senpai, I was acting weird.
Jun 12, 2016 2:10 PM

Nov 2015
Fai said:
Dkmariolink said:
Move over, Emilia-tan, Rem-chi and Subaru are now my OTP. The winds are strong.

get out of here.

still, i hope we get to see Rein and Felt in Arc 3, they've been thoroughly missed.
Jun 12, 2016 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was fucking amazing. Really like how it actually worked, executed rather perfectly imo.
Mar 2016

A few ago she is being all tsundere to Subaru, now she all sweet to him.

Dec 2014
Subaru expressions are so priceless... finally the dude got the date which he was aching for so long... I hope everyone understands him as much as he understands them too
Jun 12, 2016 2:12 PM

Feb 2015
Ram and Rem is the definition of...
"Adorable/Cute"

So as i expected, the author put the blue and red orges story which subaru was talking about in a certain episode in the past, in Rem's and Ram's backstory BUT! it's actually the opposite. i know most people including me was thinking that Ram is the Red orge and Rem is the blue one but actually, it's the opposite; Ram is the blue one and Rem is the red one BASED on how the story went. and imo, the story (Rem and Ram backstory) was more complicated than the orge story. and i didn't expect that actually Rem felt jealous toward Ram for having such a great power and talented than Rem and that jealousy cause the lost of Ram's horn.

The orge's story which subaru told to ram was like this; The red orge was too storng which made the villager scared to him. i bet you are thinking that i must be reffered to Ram but it's wrong. it acutally reffered to Rem. yeah....it's the opposite. the orge is so useless that even all the villager dispise him. if you think the red orge as Ram, it wouldn't make any sense because the original story said that the villager were scared of the red orge but instead on rem and ram's bacstory, ram got praised by all of the villager because of her talent. The blue orge has a plan to make the villager belive in the red orge. the blue orge was planning to make a ruckuss in the village obviously, that must be Ram because in this episode Ram was making a ruckuss, heck! she was killing people in the village, i don't know if they were the villager or not tho. and then Ram lost all of her power and that reffered to the blue orge whom lost his trust with the villager.
that's all i can explain. after that, the story (ram and rem backstory) isn't the same like the orge story anymore.

just gonna be honest here with the author, that backstory is a masterpiece imo. i really like how he made all of that story or maybe you can say characterization. and white fox, the director, executed it very well imo in this episode.

and on the other side, that asshole....i mean that dog has been defeated by Rozwal but i like subaru's plan to fight that big shit in front of him. well, case closed finally xD and now! for the real shit!;

WHO IS THE BAD ONE AND THE GOOD ONE ? THE DRAGON OR THE WITCH ?

^
that question keep pooping up in my mind since roswal said that he wanted to kill the dragon. i'm starting to think that the witch might be the good one and i'm starting to think that subaru is on the witch side currently cosidering the ability which he has right now (return by death)

either way, i'm very looking foward for the nexr arc, the next episode. LOL i thought they would pulled some crazy cliffhanger again in the end xD xD XD
i like Rem and Ram x3 x3 xD
YizelTroJun 12, 2016 2:17 PM
Jun 12, 2016 2:13 PM

Jul 2015
PukingMachines said:
Fai said:

get out of here.

still, i hope we get to see Rein and Felt in Arc 3, they've been thoroughly missed.

Jun 12, 2016 2:15 PM

Nov 2012
Ram is a way better person, friend, and sister than Rem. Rem is way too filled with envy and wrath, to the point of being happy when your sister suffers as your first thought, and the torture she threw on Subaru. Sure she has redeeming qualities don't get me wrong, but she's still overall pretty nasty natured.
Jaywalker.
Jun 12, 2016 2:17 PM
Jul 2018
Fappa said:
Thai777 said:

Sure! Here it is and it's colored somewhere but I can't find it at the moment :3

Makes me want to devour all that sweetness. Literally. But then I think twice, and consider a tight hug to be more appropriate...

Unfortunatelly, Subaru wasn't that close to her (in both senses)? Shame.

Hnnng. Look at how she sits... covering herself.

Jul 2015
Tevens said:
"Adorable/Cute"

So as i expected, the author put the blue and red orges story which subaru was talking about in a certain episode in the past, in Rem's and Ram's backstory BUT! it's actually the opposite. i know most people including me was thinking that Ram is the Red orge and Rem is the blue one but actually, it's the opposite; Ram is the blue one and Rem is the red one BASED on how the story went. and imo, the story (Rem and Ram backstory) was more complicated than the orge story. and i didn't expect that actually Rem felt jealous toward Ram for having such a great power and talented than Rem and that jealousy cause the lost of Ram's horn.

The orge's story which subaru told to ram was like this; The red orge was too storng which made the villager scared to him. i bet you are thinking that i must be reffered to Ram but it's wrong. it acutally reffered to Rem. yeah....it's the opposite. the orge is so useless that even all the villager dispise him. if you think the red orge as Ram, it wouldn't make any sense because the original story said that the villager were scared of the red orge but instead on rem and ram's bacstory, ram got praised by all of the villager because of her talent. The blue orge has a plan to make the villager belive in the red orge. the blue orge was planning to make a ruckuss in the village obviously, that must be Ram because in this episode Ram was making a ruckuss, heck! she was killing people in the village, i don't know if they were the villager or not tho. and then Ram lost all of her power and that reffered to the blue orge whom lost his trust with the villager.
that's all i can explain. after that, the story (ram and rem backstory) isn't the same like the orge story anymore.

just gonna be honest here with the author, that backstory is a masterpiece imo. i really like how he made all of that story or maybe you can say characterization. and white fox, the director, executed it very well imo in this episode.

and on the other side, that asshole....i mean that dog has been defeated by Rozwal but i like subaru's plan to fight that big shit in front of him. well, case closed finally xD and now! for the real shit!;

WHO IS THE BAD ONE AND THE GOOD ONE ? THE DRAGON OR THE WITCH ?

^
that question keep pooping up in my mind since roswal said that he wanted to kill the dragon. i'm starting to think that the witch might be the good one and i'm starting to think that subaru is on the witch side currently cosidering the ability which he has right now (return by death)

either way, i'm very looking foward for the nexr arc, the next episode. LOL i thought they would pulled some crazy cliffhanger again in the end xD xD XD
i like Rem and Ram x3 x3 xD

+1 for bringing up the ogre's story. Shows one again how the author uses certain clichés and predictable stories to mislead the viewer and that it isn't so easy. I doubted the parallels of the story since it was first mentionend because it was too obvious and too much of a coincidence.

And as for the witch and the dragon, I think the story made it clear that he was contracted. All contracts have some sort of downside to them.

Mar 2015
JeBleach said:

DarklordVor said:
Look at all these newly converted people! How beautiful! Rem-rin finally received her spotlight in the anime.

Take that back naysayers who claimed that I was delusional when I said my Rem-rin is best girl.

Ahh how beautiful will arc 3 be with you converted people~

Praise Rem, our one true "Best Girl", but don't lash out at those naysayers they knew not of what they spoke. Only with time and more screen time/moments of best girl will they be able too truly look back and see how they have wronged others and told themselves falsehoods.

Indeed... I shall let it sink in for a few episodes. The church of Rem is open for everyone even those who hated her as a killer.

Fappa said:
Thai777 said:

Did someone asked for colored version :D

I'm on your service~ (Ask for Rem-rin and you shall receive my help! lol)

Jun 12, 2016 2:20 PM

Jan 2013
I'm probably the only one getting completely sick and tired of the focus on Rem and Ram. It is quite boring and redundant on par with what "filler" content would contain.

It is cool that they cater to the otaku, siscon, moe viewers but please give it a fucking rest.

This season of anime has got to be the worst line up of the year.
Jun 12, 2016 2:20 PM

Jun 2014
Fappa said:
Thai777 said:

Thanks!
Why do I need 15 character too post
Jun 12, 2016 2:22 PM

Dec 2015
FoxNikeV2 said:
I can't wait for the 3rd arc... Someone, lend me a time machine... An oven.. ANYTHING.. Anyway, into the episode. This episode made me like Rem and Ram a lot more than in the first episodes of this arc. I really hope that Subaru uses his shamac more often in the future episodes. I don't really understand why Roswald wants to kill the dragon as he is the protector of the capital, he may has a dark past with him or something. This episode is..defiantly the calm before the storm.

I want to know the "storm" as soon as possible <:

Fortunately all you need for a time machine is a microwave, a cellphone, and a banana :D!

I really loved this episode, it fleshed out the twins development alot. Also, the way they developed the twins was great. It didn't just focus on one and ignore the other or overfocus on one they both got great development at the same time. This seems like it would be hard to do even if they are twins and share the same story. Their characters were developed both separately and within the same flashback/present time.

Great to see EMF-Tan at the end. I can't wait to see her in the 3rd arc (hopefully alot more). Her character has a lot of potential to be developed especially what I am theorizing is going to happen. The same with Ros-chi; his character seems like it will be fleshed out pretty well in an arc or two. The one thing about this show is that it knows how to develop its characters well on top of keeping a fresh and intriguing story line. It seems to be both a plot-driven and character-driven show. The only character that we really haven't seen developed yet is Reinhard which I think will happen later. In the little time we seen Felt she was, the gut-ripper will get her time later as she seems important, and I think they might ignore development on that big oaf at the storehouse lol.

Edit: Fuck that slut-puppy maebeast. That piece of shit kawaii-looking fake ass puppy caused so much shit for everyone. I also wonder what will come of the girl that escaped from the village who was supposedly working with the puppy. Wonder if we will see her again.

@Tevens

Good point on the dragon and the witch. Maybe one of them is actually good and the other is bad? If Emilia-tan is the personification of the witch then maybe she is ultimately good or there is probably more going on there. The dragon and the witch can be working together possibly or both just be bad (not sure if this was brought up that they hate each other or what not).
CejaraJun 12, 2016 2:26 PM
Jun 12, 2016 2:22 PM

Nov 2007
While I agree Emilia is indeed the main girl and definitely the one with whom the actual story is tied to, I would love to see more focus on Rem in the future episodes. I am not a reader so I dunno if there will be any, but there is nothing wrong to remain hopeful I think. The character development she had in this latest arc makes me think of her more than just a side character. I am sure it will be the same for many of the anime only viewers like me.

As for Emilia, I dunno why I see some negative comments regarding her. I am talking irrespective of being a shipper here because after this episode, I have developed a really soft spot for Rem, which I never had for Emilia. I know there hasn't been much development of her character almost after half the series have aired already but her character seems pretty complex which makes me want to know about her more.

Can anyone please tell me if there is any difference in the manga and the light novel? I would love to pick the manga once the TV series ends if it's close to the original work because there is a chance that this will have anime original ending. Even though the current popularity in Japan suggests that we might as well get a sequel if it remains on track.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 12, 2016 2:24 PM

Mar 2015
Vooo said:
I'm probably the only one getting completely sick and tired of the focus on Rem and Ram. It is quite boring and redundant on par with what "filler" content would contain.

It is cool that they cater to the otaku, siscon, moe viewers but please give it a fucking rest.

This season of anime has got to be the worst line up of the year.

It's because Rem will be a major character in the third arc (no, this is not a spoiler because she's listed as a "main character" in third arc manga in MAL).

It's basically a 12 episodes prologue of setting up the characters to Rem, Emilia being candidate, Subaru being the Mr. Nice Guy, etc.

Jun 12, 2016 2:25 PM

Nov 2014
Damn that episode was weak.
The backstory was cool even if generic and to an extent, not needed, but the action scenes were pretty bad and that finale scene dragged on for ages.
Also when Roswall arrives, how did Subaru manage to get 10 meters away from the dog before the explosion hits?

I get that it was pretty hard to live up to the past 2 episodes, but this one really fell flat.
Jun 12, 2016 2:27 PM

Jul 2015
shanimebib said:
While I agree Emilia is indeed the main girl and definitely the one with whom the actual story is tied to, I would love to see more focus on Rem in the future episodes. I am not a reader so I dunno if there will be any, but there is nothing wrong to remain hopeful I think. The character development she had in this latest arc makes me think of her more than just a side character. I am sure it will be the same for many of the anime only viewers like me.

As for Emilia, I dunno why I see some negative comments regarding her. I am talking irrespective of being a shipper here because after this episode, I have developed a really soft spot for Rem, which I never had for Emilia. I know there hasn't been much development of her character almost after half the series have aired already but her character seems pretty complex which makes me want to know about her more.

Can anyone please tell me if there is any difference in the manga and the light novel? I would love to pick the manga once the TV series ends if it's close to the original work because there is a chance that this will have anime original ending. Even though the current popularity in Japan suggests that we might as well get a sequel if it remains on track.

Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
41 minutes ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.