Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2010 12:02 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think that its was a great adaptation of the events that took place in the manga, as far as I can remember. And also, that pristes was cutter than Kagome. I just had to mention that.

Next week, finally my favorite character gets something he has been waiting for. Its going to be a long week.
Jan 18, 2010 7:11 PM

Dec 2009
This episode was a 1/5 didnt really get into it feels to me like a filler.
Jan 18, 2010 7:32 PM

Feb 2008
SolDeMav said:
This episode was a 1/5 didnt really get into it feels to me like a filler.

The fear of dying without ever having knowing love was greater than the fear of death itself.
Jan 18, 2010 9:25 PM

Dec 2008
Although it felt like filler, we did learn about Kagome's power being limited
Jan 19, 2010 5:16 PM

Jun 2008
This arc felt like filler to me as well, but it does give some important information that comes back later :D

Interesting to see they added some stuff the manga didn't have, which actually kinda explained things better.

I remember a discussion long long ago about the meaning of Inuyasha characters' names, and nobody knows Kagome's because her name is in Hiragana, so I guess this kinda explains the origin of her name (though might not be what Rumiko-sensei intended XD)

Haha I can see the fangirl reaction to next ep already XD
Jan 20, 2010 12:24 PM

Sep 2008
Aw XD I'm kind of sad to hear that this episode felt like filler to people... Maybe because the only thing it really revealed was that Kagome's power is sealed by something? I remember really liking this bit in the manga, because it was one of the few times that Kagome had to fight and fend for herself, rather than having Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku, or even Shippo doing it for her. Plus it made me hopeful that she learned how to actually use that bow, other than merely "aim[ing] and shoot[ing]" like Hitomiko pointed out.

And yeah, Hitomiko was really pretty! :>
Jan 21, 2010 1:06 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Yes, and now Kagome is stronger.

Jan 22, 2010 2:26 PM
Nov 2007
so the only people left to get an upgrade are shippo and kilala. right?
Jan 23, 2010 12:41 PM

Sep 2008
Darn it, Kagome didn't fall into Hell. =[
Favorite part was hiraikotsu tumbling down the stairs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2010 9:04 PM

Jul 2009
Well, I do love me some Kagome-centric episode. Even if filler like.
Jan 23, 2010 9:43 PM

Nov 2007
Well, I think it's partially filler
The monster from preview looks like it's going to be the end, though I felt too early to end
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 25, 2010 11:15 AM

Apr 2008
This episode felt like filler and the priestress being dead already killed the suspense. Seriously entering the shrine to save the remains(!) of the priestress made this episode really boring.
Jan 26, 2010 2:40 AM

Feb 2008
Loli Kagome is just adorable ! I loved this episode !

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jan 30, 2010 7:57 AM

Jun 2008
Yeah, it felt like a filler but I was actually entertained. I thought it was handled pretty well, going to Kagome's past and finally getting more character development somewhat with her this season. The animation looked amazing too!

AND OMG SESSHY
Mar 4, 2010 8:51 PM

Nov 2008
yes the point of this ep was kagome getting his upgrade :P
Mar 7, 2010 2:46 AM
Dec 2009
A bit too norma to my liking..not really exciting but it does a good job of showcasing kagome as the lead..
Jul 28, 2010 7:47 PM

Jul 2007
kagome is so kawaii, i want to see more of her strength!!!! ^^
i don't understand why her power is sealed by kikyo O_O
Feb 5, 2011 9:26 PM
Nov 2010
Man the anime is getting a little bit dull right now. It like 4 episode straight about obtaining new powers, it's boring. Man I miss the first series...
Apr 17, 2013 4:46 PM

Sep 2010
Something holding Kagome's power hmm...
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Aug 5, 2013 11:52 PM

Dec 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Darn it, Kagome didn't fall into Hell. =[

LOL I never laugh so hard.

SuperSaiyen said:
Man the anime is getting a little bit dull right now. It like 4 episode straight about obtaining new powers, it's boring. Man I miss the first series...

really? First series is boring as hell and its based on getting upgrade.
In first series the story takes on a sense of helpless rinsing and repeating. Sango meets Kohaku many times, but every time there's some dumb reason why they have to part again, so Sango's quest is never done. Inuyasha and Kagome get closer many times, but every time Kikyo pulls them apart again, so their romance is never done. Naraku gets a power up, Sesshomaru gets a power up, then Inuyasha gets a power up, and lo and behold, they're all equal again. It's such a frustrating and unrewarding cycle.
Apr 29, 2014 6:44 AM
Mar 2013
I didn't enjoy this episode too much to be honest. Atleast we know that someone is sealing Kagome's powers. But one thing bothers me.

For shame Kagome, how could you even think that Kikyo could be responsible for sealing your powers. Have a little faith in your reincarnation >:(
Apr 28, 2015 11:18 PM

Nov 2014
Kagome was so cute when she was little!! <3

I've never heard of that Kagome game...That star was called a Kagome? That game looked kinda fun...

I don't see why people think this felt like a filler. Now we know that something is sealing Kagome's power. That's kind of a big thing because it means Kagome might end up getting an upgrade soon or something. I don't think it's Kikyo though...
Apr 28, 2015 11:22 PM

Nov 2014
merle_noir said:
Aw XD I'm kind of sad to hear that this episode felt like filler to people... Maybe because the only thing it really revealed was that Kagome's power is sealed by something? I remember really liking this bit in the manga, because it was one of the few times that Kagome had to fight and fend for herself, rather than having Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku, or even Shippo doing it for her. Plus it made me hopeful that she learned how to actually use that bow, other than merely "aim[ing] and shoot[ing]" like Hitomiko pointed out.

And yeah, Hitomiko was really pretty! :>

Exactly!! It didn't feel like a filler to me at all either. Now Kagome knows how to use her bow and now we know something is sealing her power. I also hope she doesn't lose/break this bow. I used to keep count on certain things such as how many bows Kagome has had, or how many times InuYasha went full demon, etc. Lost count. xD
May 3, 2016 6:50 PM
Apr 2016
Does anyone get the feeling the miko of this episode has the same feel as Kikyou?
Aug 29, 2019 9:32 AM

Jul 2015
Damn even Kagome powered up, being able to shoot her true targets

Aug 2, 2020 5:49 PM

May 2020
I feel that this season was rushed away
Aug 25, 2020 11:16 AM
Aug 2020
Episodes 13-15 were so bad and kinda ruined the series for me, so I wasn't in a good mood when this started with another Tsubaki/Hakushin arc, a priestess/saint who should be impervious to Naraku's evil sorcery but instead brought back from the dead to serve his malevolent will.

But I did like the Kagome song thing and its connection to her powers being constrained by something, and how that tied into her shooting the arrow and making it invisibly pass through Hitomiko and hit Naraku behind her instead. That was pretty cool.
Nov 12, 2020 8:18 AM

Dec 2007
once again a character that only serves as plot development, this time hitomiko is the victim.

glad for kagome development, long time i waited for here to develop her powers...

and naraku just don't learn....
Apr 3, 2021 9:11 AM

May 2016
That flash back was decent got some impact that made it good enough.
Jun 29, 2021 4:01 AM

May 2019
A glimpse to Kagome's true potential power that will be revealed later on.

Nov 20, 2021 4:42 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like we'll get more of these "monster of the week" episodes now. I actually hoped for a bit more substance in the final season.
Jan 2, 2023 3:52 AM

Jan 2018
Kagome gets a new power. It's only fair after Inuyasha and even Miroku and Sango got one. Now, will Shippo get an upgrade? Unlikely. 

Seeing Naraku in his baboon outfit again was a bit weird. And he was just as cruel to those children and to Hitomiko. This felt more like an early Inuyasha episode than a Final Act episode. 
Oct 26, 2023 5:25 AM

Jun 2020
So this priestess named Hitomiko is introduced and dies in the same episode. Shame, she could have been a much more substantial character had she been introduced sooner.

But the importance of this episode is that Kagome discovers a power within her, which is good. It's now her turn to get an upgrade after the others got theirs.

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 23 Discussion

ClementIV - Mar 8, 2010

40 by prozyne »»
Apr 18, 4:15 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClementIV - Oct 10, 2009

96 by prozyne »»
Mar 25, 5:30 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2009

41 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 3:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Chimasternmay - Nov 21, 2009

128 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 1:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2009

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 2, 9:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.