Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2016 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol is it just me or does one of the Tyler sisters seems to have taken quite an interest in Yuya?

Found the duel this episode rather meh. I mean, they're just battling against Obelisk jobbers..
I found Yuya and Kurosaki's duel against the Tyler sisters to be much more entertaining from before. Kaito's appearance is quite something, very impressive in terms of dueling.
Jun 12, 2016 2:09 AM
Sep 2015
New ship found: Grace and Yuya no matter how twisted it is. Gloria definitely seemed to get angry with Grace's interest in Yuya's dueling. Surprising that Kaito stepped in and he decided not to card the Obelisk Force, which was weird. His collaboration with the Lancers was less surprising, since he saw his friend get hurt, but I hope they take time to explain why Kaito decided not to card them. Edo also needs to take like 100 chill pills.
Jun 12, 2016 2:57 AM
Dec 2011
The episode's title is very much a miss, since the episode doesn't focus on Shun as much as I expected and he didn't do much in the duel, only inflicting 1000 damage and protecting Yuya from a mere 600 damage when Yuya had 4000 LP. Ok, there's him saving Sayaka and falling unconscious... but it's just Kaito looked more like a featured character this episode and not Shun. But at least Shun didn't die... People, stop believing he's going to die already!

The duel wasn't that impressive, however Kaito stepping in and saving them was great, even though he used an Action Card. He really changed then, since he used someone else's strategy (the Action Card) and chose not carding his opponents.

Yuya doesn't go berserk anymore and Yuto leaves him alone (for now at least...).

Also, I so want Yuya to end up with Grace now and not Yuzu. Gloria probably disagrees. :D

Edo finding out what is going on behind his back and sends his entire army at the Lancers... but the only reason for their presence I think is stopping others from interfering with Edo's duel with the hated Yusho's son.

And yes, one big error in this episode is Yuya activating Big Escape when Triple Hound Dog is attacking him, which would be impossible since Triple is an Ancient Gear...

From the preview we see Edo using 5D's technology on Yuya. You know? The energy ropes Team Satisfaction and other gangs used to force each other to duel. Also, flashbacks from Edo vs Yusho duel. For a minute there, I thought Yusho is letting Edo win on purpose, but I could be wrong.
However it would be interesting if that was the reason for Edo's hatred, fighting a top-tier duelist who holds back for some reason. My theory on this is that when Edo beat Yusho, he pressed the wrong button out of frustration and accidentally hit the dimension transfer button and sent Yusho to Yuugou Jigen.
Jun 12, 2016 6:54 AM
Feb 2015
Tigardrenalin said:
The episode's title is very much a miss, since the episode doesn't focus on Shun as much as I expected and he didn't do much in the duel, only inflicting 1000 damage and protecting Yuya from a mere 600 damage when Yuya had 4000 LP.

I like to think the authors did this on purpose to mess with their fans.
Jun 12, 2016 7:40 AM
Jul 2015
The OF duel is boring as usual and grace really seems to enjoy yuyas duel i can see her defecting from academia as soon as possible while gloria seems to be angry as usual and that norma chan is annoying as hell he reminds me more about chronos at least chronos is way better than him. sayaka is like the female version of reira so she will take reiras role in this arc. the scene how shun resuced sayaka is both happy,sad and funny and after he rescued her and they way he collapsed and fainted.i wasn't expecting kaito to save yuya and co. looks like kaito did have a change in his heart after all. i thought it would take time to melt his heart down.looks like he has deforest his personality really quickly and started to warm up to his comrades and lancers. he sure has developed offscreen after his duel with shun and yuya and he is going to join the resistance again.i hope in the next episode he takes shun to base and help him to recover from his injuries. i know the xyz arc wont last long as the standard and synchro arc.the arc is ending really soon and we only have about 12-13 episodes left for the xyz arc since arc v is ending in spring 2017. new spoilers revel that edo will be turning good and kaito has already rejoined the resistance and warm up to his comrades and lancers.
Jun 12, 2016 9:49 AM
Apr 2013
The Duel wasn't as good as I expected to be after I watched the preview a week ago... But it's nice to see Kaito helping them. His change is rather fast. Not really surprised considering the anime will end in Spring next year. I'm not really surprised that Grace took interest in Yuya. Compared to Gloria, Grace was clearly seemed more captivated in Yuya's Entertainment Dueling.

Speaking about Yuya, I can't believe I'm saying this, but like the Obelisk Force had said, Yuya is still naive after all... I know he means good and all, and his Entertainment Dueling has indeed reached several characters before, including the recently Tyler Sisters (they're still not good yet though). But he needs to understand that not everyone can change like them. There are just people who truly evil and cannot be persuaded no matter what... Unless, later in the series, the director and animation staff will make all the remaining Academia members to be good guys in the end.

Anyway, I'm so looking forward for next week Duel! Yuya vs Edo! XD
Jun 12, 2016 10:36 AM
May 2016
Even though the duel of the Obelisk Force was ok but overall the episode was good and there are few moments that I like.The beginning of the episode was and friendship moment between Yuya and Allen and when Katio didn't card the obelisk force which they all have character development.

The moment that stand out the most in my opinion was when Sayaka try to run away from the Obelisk Force monster as parts of the building began to fall apart. Shun protect Sayaka and carried her to me it was cute until Shun collapse.

Next episode were are having Yuya and Edo duel and flashbacks of the duel between Edo and Yusho this should be interesting.
Jun 12, 2016 12:11 PM
Jun 2011
saeryukgki said:
The OF duel is boring as usual and grace really seems to enjoy yuyas duel i can see her defecting from academia as soon as possible while gloria seems to be angry as usual and that norma chan is annoying as hell he reminds me more about chronos at least chronos is way better than him. sayaka is like the female version of reira so she will take reiras role in this arc. the scene how shun resuced sayaka is both happy,sad and funny and after he rescued her and they way he collapsed and fainted.i wasn't expecting kaito to save yuya and co. looks like kaito did have a change in his heart after all. i thought it would take time to melt his heart down.looks like he has deforest his personality really quickly and started to warm up to his comrades and lancers. he sure has developed offscreen after his duel with shun and yuya and he is going to join the resistance again.i hope in the next episode he takes shun to base and help him to recover from his injuries. i know the xyz arc wont last long as the standard and synchro arc.the arc is ending really soon and we only have about 12-13 episodes left for the xyz arc since arc v is ending in spring 2017. new spoilers revel that edo will be turning good and kaito has already rejoined the resistance and warm up to his comrades and lancers.
i dont think edo will turn completly good. he will just think after the dual since his hatered for yusho is too deep
Jun 12, 2016 5:52 PM
Nov 2012
What a misleading title, thank god shun did not lose to those obelisk jobbers. That preview edo is that your reason for hating Yusho seems a bit far to hate someone that much.
Jun 12, 2016 6:03 PM
Feb 2016
I certainly wasn't expecting Kaito to intervene, though it's a good thing he did I guess.

Hopefully the next episode should clear stuff up about Edo. Man that guy needs to chill.
Jun 12, 2016 6:53 PM

Mar 2014
yuya's deck has too many monster cards. without action cards, he already got rekt
Jun 12, 2016 8:46 PM
Sep 2015
Btw, I wonder if they make a next series or if Arc V is actually the final arc. Although I've liked the XYZ arc a lot so far, it kinda feels like the writers are somewhat rushing it, after going at a snail's pace.
Jun 13, 2016 1:38 AM

Oct 2014
ButtSlapper said:
yuya's deck has too many monster cards. without action cards, he already got rekt

That's how Pendulum Decks are in general. In my irl Odd-Eyes Magician Deck, I run 32 monsters, 5 Spell and 3 Trap, and I still feel that there are too many Spell/Traps.
Jun 13, 2016 2:36 AM

Feb 2013
Yuya is really naive, why the fuck didn't he finish at least one opponent?
He's too obsessed with his stupid entertainment duel.
Shun risking his life for that useless Sayaka, wtf man, she deserved to be the one hurt.
They were lucky with Kaito.
Edo is here, more trouble!
Jun 13, 2016 6:21 PM
Sep 2012
So an episode which is mostly about dueling storm troopers, well still it was intense. Nice to see that Yuya might be reaching Kaito a bit.

And the silver haired Tyler sister, I don't know which is which, so I call her the silver haired one, it looks like she has starting to fall in love with Yuya's dueling, and who knows once you fall in love with someone's dueling, you know what that could lead to. Looks like Yuzu has some competition, some non loli competition. The silver haired sister is not loli. Than again Reiji is in love with Yuya's dueling, what does that say?

Well this non stop dueling ever stop, now we are going to duel the commander in cheif guy Edo, if Edo wins that is a cheep victory, because Yuya had two duels in a row, that is not fair.

I think we need a breather episode. That is all I have to say, but Yuzu you have some competition. Ha ha.
Jun 14, 2016 5:11 AM

Mar 2012
RayofVictory said:
ButtSlapper said:

That's how Pendulum Decks are in general. In my irl Odd-Eyes Magician Deck, I run 32 monsters, 5 Spell and 3 Trap, and I still feel that there are too many Spell/Traps.
Odd-Eyes Fusion, Advent, Sky Arc and Pendulum Call. Aside for Gravity Advent is good for Lord of the Red too so I like to include that.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 14, 2016 11:28 PM

Aug 2008
Anyone else tired of the main character constantly losing or getting saved by someone else last second? It's getting old real quick. How does someone who beat atlas lose to fodder? None of this makes sense. It's retarded
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jun 15, 2016 6:46 AM
Aug 2015
Well, this episode... I enjoyed it a lot even if the duel is just between Yuuya & Kurosaki VS Obelisk Force. Damn, I can't wait for Edo VS Yuuya. And somehow, in the sub they used "kill" which makes me even more entertained. Lol.
Jun 15, 2016 12:05 PM

Feb 2012
mcjazzman32 said:
Anyone else tired of the main character constantly losing or getting saved by someone else last second? It's getting old real quick. How does someone who beat atlas lose to fodder? None of this makes sense. It's retarded

>constantly losing

I'm sorry, what? How often has that even happened so far in Arc-V's run? I don't remember every duel result, but I know that Yuya has lost at least three times: Yuzu, Reiji and Jack. The rest are either wins, draws, or no-result... I think.

>how does someone who beat Atlas lose to fodder

The very nature of card games is randomness. Of course no one's going to win every single match they take part in.

On-topic: Did anyone else feel slight nostalgia seeing both Stargazer and Timegazer used as the scales? I think the last time that happened was during Yuya's exhibition match against Jack.

Also, I'd like to see more of the Tyler sisters as well. Just hope Edo/Aster calms down after this match with Yuya...

It was nice to see Kaito not being a dick as well. Maybe I'll get to like him further down the line... >.>

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jun 15, 2016 2:14 PM

Aug 2008
EHero09 said:
mcjazzman32 said:

>constantly losing

I'm sorry, what? How often has that even happened so far in Arc-V's run? I don't remember every duel result, but I know that Yuya has lost at least three times: Yuzu, Reiji and Jack. The rest are either wins, draws, or no-result... I think.

The very nature of card games is randomness. Of course no one's going to win every single match they take part in.

On-topic: Did anyone else feel slight nostalgia seeing both Stargazer and Timegazer used as the scales? I think the last time that happened was during Yuya's exhibition match against Jack.

Also, I'd like to see more of the Tyler sisters as well. Just hope Edo/Aster calms down after this match with Yuya...

It was nice to see Kaito not being a dick as well. Maybe I'll get to like him further down the line... >.>

Bro he has lost way more times than that. Either that or the exact same situation where he only got saved because of someone coming last second, like Dennis during the tournament.
Jun 16, 2016 12:29 AM

Oct 2014
mcjazzman32 said:
EHero09 said:

>constantly losing

Bro he has lost way more times than that. Either that or the exact same situation where he only got saved because of someone coming last second, like Dennis during the tournament.

Yuya has lost only 4 times so far. Against Yuzu in episode 2, Reiji in episode 51, Jack in episode 64, and Sergey in episode 92. And I don't consider the Yuzu one as a real loss, because both of them weren't playing seriously and were only fooling around. About Yuya constantly being saved by others, the duels in Arc-V are just like real fights in other animes, and it is a standard troupe in the shonen genre. Tell me how many times Naruto got his ass saved by others?
RayofVictoryJun 16, 2016 12:36 AM
Jun 16, 2016 5:23 AM
Apr 2013
Episode 102 spoiler...

Jun 16, 2016 9:24 AM

Aug 2008
RayofVictory said:
mcjazzman32 said:

Yuya has lost only 4 times so far. Against Yuzu in episode 2, Reiji in episode 51, Jack in episode 64, and Sergey in episode 92. And I don't consider the Yuzu one as a real loss, because both of them weren't playing seriously and were only fooling around. About Yuya constantly being saved by others, the duels in Arc-V are just like real fights in other animes, and it is a standard troupe in the shonen genre. Tell me how many times Naruto got his ass saved by others?

EVen if its a "standard troupe" which is hardly the generality you make it out to be, it's NOT standard for yu-gi-oh protagonists. Yugi, Yuki, and Yusei rarely lost and when they did, it was important. Yuma was an idiot, true, but that show was a failure. We're supposed to believe that Yuya is capable of beating Atlas one day and losing to fodder another. That's not how it should be. It's stupid.
Jun 16, 2016 9:38 AM

Mar 2012
mcjazzman32 said:
RayofVictory said:

EVen if its a "standard troupe" which is hardly the generality you make it out to be, it's NOT standard for yu-gi-oh protagonists. Yugi, Yuki, and Yusei rarely lost and when they did, it was important. Yuma was an idiot, true, but that show was a failure. We're supposed to believe that Yuya is capable of beating Atlas one day and losing to fodder another. That's not how it should be. It's stupid.
Please Arc-V is not standard YGO show. Where else you can get 1 vs3, 3 vs 7, 1 vs 5 and other stacked odd duel?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 16, 2016 10:07 AM

Oct 2014
mcjazzman32 said:
RayofVictory said:

You shouldn't really compare Arc-V to previous Yu-Gi-Oh series, because it is an entirely different thing. In previous Yu-Gi-Oh series much or less, the duels were treated as a game, despite of some of the very high stakes at times. In Arc-V however, the duels are not treated as a game in any manner, instead they are treated like real fights. The plot is about a interdimensional war, using the cards as weapons. The only reason people are not shooting each other instead, is because its a Yu-Gi-Oh series. That's precisely the reason why most of the duels in Arc-V are so chaotic, just like a real battlefield. And they are driving Yuya into corners even against some nameless fodder to show that anything can happen on the battlefield.
Jun 16, 2016 2:43 PM

Aug 2008
The idea that the main character can still lose to trash players on any given day is still stupid, regardless. I have no reason to take his story seriously when he's just a blip.
Dec 11, 2016 11:15 PM

Dec 2012
Yuya's cum soaked jacket continues to trigger me.

The Obelisk force are here.

Grace wants to see some Entertainment.

Moro-noro's keikaku is not going accordingly. lol

Don't be a bitch Sayaka.

Shun is down. Thanks for that Sayaka.

Fucking Action cards. That was Yuya's L.

Kaito is here to save the day.

Edo is back and he wants the son of Sakaki.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 24, 2018 7:52 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
THE FUN JUST NEVER ENDS !!! :D ASTER BACK AGAIN !!!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Apr 26, 2020 12:27 PM

Mar 2011
Main chara is still retard after so many episodes.
Aug 6, 2020 9:18 AM

Feb 2014
Will Grace get a face turn now?
Apr 14, 5:10 AM

Mar 2020
man i cant wait to see the aster vs kite duel, will truly be a goated duel

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 132 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 16, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 127 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2016

39 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.