Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 11, 2016 11:38 AM

Jun 2013
Ayato didn't break all of his seal and controlled his power. He may get chance vs Ophelia when he completes his power.
A lot new characters appeared with new the mysteries, i hope this is a hide for next season.
Jun 11, 2016 11:53 AM

Dec 2007
iTrombe said:
So the Phoenix Festa was a children game where all the heavy class didn't even bother in participating.
That was suggested fairly early this season. We knew it wasn't the heavyweights fighting as soon as we were given the ranks the various participants held in their own schools.
Jun 11, 2016 12:17 PM
Jun 2016
Real shit went down this episode
i mean real shit , they better give us a season 3 after all the teases and hints
real shit bro
Jun 11, 2016 12:21 PM

Apr 2014
Claudia still cool as ever.
Overall, kind of meh...what happen to his sister?
It seem like they push that plot away.
Jun 11, 2016 12:24 PM

Aug 2013
That was a good response from Ayato to the request of Julis's brother, he showed that he is really concerned about Julis, but he also has a harem to maintain, so it should still bring other girls to his side, but he seemed a little more weak in this episode, well, Orphelia is also very strong, I am looking forward to the final episode, especially for a new season, but did not have high expectations about this ..
Jun 11, 2016 12:59 PM

Oct 2008
iTrombe said:
So the Phoenix Festa was a children game where all the heavy class didn't even bother in participating.

Most students will only choose to participate in the festa where they know they will do best, because there is a rule that you can only participate in 3 festas total. If Ophelia excelled as an individual she would just do Lindvolus thrice. In the previous episode Claudia also mentioned she aimed only for Gryps because she thinks she has a chance in a team of 5.
Jun 11, 2016 1:36 PM
Aug 2012
drama_menck said:
but he seemed a little more weak in this episode, well, Orphelia is also very strong.

The miasma weakened Ayato, you are aware of what poison does to people right? He still managed to hold on long enough and protect Julis while taking downb one of the enemies.

Orphelia can be considered one of the strongest in Asterisk as a Strega.

Jun 11, 2016 2:10 PM

Dec 2013
After all the stuff they skipped out in the last episode, I'm glad to see that they've resumed regular adapting for this portion of the LN. In fact, bar a few extended expositions from Jolbert in the novels further explaining the reasons why he doesn't want Julis to join the Gryps, they pretty much translated the conversations word for word in the first half of the show.
Color me impressed. Though, since they only covered one and a half chapters of this volume, unless they have an extended broadcast next week, cramming the remaining 2 and a half chapters (not including the epilogue reveal), may prove difficult if they don't cut corners again...

The animation for Orphelia's miasma was pretty spot on. Those hands looked really good, though due to the animation they couldn't really show how Ayato was still suffering from the after effects of her "poisoning" even after she'd left, which coupled with Gustave's "upgraded" mana-beasts (apparently they'd previously massacred countless Asterisk Hunter Star Guards.... and were only bested by Helga Lindvall....), it's no small feat that he even survived at all. Gustave as an ex-student of Allekant and also a terrorist who escaped prosecution from the <Dusk of Jade> incident is by no means a pushover.
It irks me ever so much that they glossed over this in the first half talk with Jolbert. Four or five seconds of explanation was all that was really needed...

As for the flashbacks they strategically input this episode, if you're smart enough, it's not hard to piece together Orphelia's back story as well as the reasons for Julis' fight with her.

Once again I curse the director for taking out certain elements from the novels, because it's making it ever so apparent that they won't renew for a third season of this (unless all the missing parts are done in flashbacks in the first episode of a new season.... which is quite unlikely), and are pushing for a "if you want to know more, read the novels" end.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 11, 2016 2:22 PM

Feb 2015
some quirky SFX used in this episode. It's a shame the series is ending as this arc seems really interesting. Also the series would benefit from not being a harem,.
Jun 11, 2016 2:24 PM
Aug 2015

Seriously, I hate so much how most of the characters are just so f*cking OP...
Jun 11, 2016 3:06 PM

May 2015
Seems like the ED was changed a little. Nice. And looks like the strongest arrived in this episode, and oh my, how great that was animated. Great episode. I really hope for a S3, as this arc is getting really good.

Jun 11, 2016 3:19 PM

Aug 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
drama_menck said:
but he seemed a little more weak in this episode, well, Orphelia is also very strong.

The miasma weakened Ayato, you are aware of what poison does to people right? He still managed to hold on long enough and protect Julis while taking downb one of the enemies.

Orphelia can be considered one of the strongest in Asterisk as a Strega.

Yes, I read it in LN, from the beginning he would not have chances to win in order to protect Julis, but in the anime the fighting seemed simple and quick, so this Ayato 'seemed' weak, not that he really is, moreover Orphelia is an opponent that even Sylvia had no chance against, so I wanted to see a more detailed fight ..
Jun 11, 2016 3:43 PM

May 2010
Who is Opheilla? Also can this show be anymore transparent?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 11, 2016 4:20 PM

Sep 2015
No surprise of how op is Ophelia, she is Lewolf rank 1 after all. And you guys might have notice the students in Pheonix festa are so weak, thats because most of them are not even within rank 10 lol.

Each school rank 1 to 10 are op, Queenvail a little bit weak because they are more beauty and idol. All student council president also very op, except Rewolf Dirk more in diplomat/control and Alekant president just a puppet.
Jun 11, 2016 5:33 PM

Mar 2016
It frustrated me so much if only Ayato had put Julis on the ground somewhere so he could actually fight. It would be so much better than getting a direct hit on yourself as well as Julis
Jun 11, 2016 5:35 PM

Mar 2016
Tooro said:
It frustrated me so much if only Ayato had put Julis on the ground somewhere so he could actually fight. It would be so much better than getting a direct hit on yourself as well as Julis

But then again it could have been because of the seal which is probably why
Jun 11, 2016 6:25 PM

Sep 2013
any chance of a season 3 or are the novels not far enough
Jun 11, 2016 7:14 PM

Jul 2014
DrFluffyUnicorn said:

There's definitely enough content for a new season, but right now it's uncertain whether they'll go through with it.
Jun 11, 2016 7:22 PM

Sep 2013
noodlesandrice said:
DrFluffyUnicorn said:

There's definitely enough content for a new season, but right now it's uncertain whether they'll go through with it.

I really only care if they get together
Jun 11, 2016 8:09 PM

Jan 2013
After watching this episode i am wondering, how are they planning to end S2? :/
We need S3!! It must happen.
The idea of Phoenix Festa 5vs5 looks amazing.
I don't know who is Orphelia but she looks so strong, i couldn't understand what was that part that Ayato managed to understand how her skill works (she sucks their mana?).
Is Orphelia that childhood friend of Julis?
Claudia is so smart, she knows more stuff than we think.

We need a 3rd season! This anime deserves it.
Can't wait to see the ending, hope it will be good.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 11, 2016 9:16 PM

Mar 2009
Claudia got more screen time in those damn previews than she did in the entirety of the 2nd season.
Jun 11, 2016 9:41 PM
Aug 2012
Tooro said:

And then the 2 dogs would directly go to attack Julis instead.........one would keep him busy and another one would target Julis. Not really an option, he had to keep Julis close and protect her.

DrFluffyUnicorn said:

No there is enough content for at least 1 course (or 2 if they stretch out the contents) since the Gryps arc is currently finished in the LN.

AivanK said:

I don't know who is Orphelia but she looks so strong, i couldn't understand what was that part that Ayato managed to understand how her skill works (she sucks their mana?).

Her ability is to create and control miasma which is odorless, colorless and tasteless so it quite impossible to detect until one gets affected. She can probably wield it freely in her surrounding area seeing as how the ground was rotting around her.

Orphelia is the Rank 1 of ReWolfe and 2 times winner of Lindovolus (The 3rd Festa featuring 1-1 fights). Most probably one of the most strongest Strega around.

AivanK said:

Is Orphelia that childhood friend of Julis?

Flashbacks seemed to suggest that she was the friend who was taken away, Julis wouldn't go after a random person would she? This situation is kind of similar to Irene and Pricilla's situation from earlier.

AivanK said:

Claudia is so smart, she knows more stuff than we think.

Having family members in upper levels of IEF and having Shadow Stars and Yabuki for her information network as SCP really helps. Besides the assassin IS targeting her team members rather than her.
Dragon_Slayer_XJun 11, 2016 9:52 PM

Jun 11, 2016 9:53 PM

Sep 2015
Who is this Ophelia chick and why is she so powerful?! Claudia pulling out her twin swords was awesome. They really have to give us a third season now, it would be a sin if they didn't. If I don't see a screen card that says "season 3" at the end of the next episode I will eat my shoe.
Jun 11, 2016 10:04 PM

Dec 2013
DrFluffyUnicorn said:

As many have stated, we have enough content available for the entirety of the Gryps festa, which could be extended for a whole new season, perhaps even more if they wanted to do it in detail. The one thing that it hinges on, is that they failed to introduce an important character from the novels in the last episode who is integral to what I would call the Haruka line, which is the part of the story linking this arc to contents of the next arc, and which encompasses and links both Julis and Ayato's future motivations. Heck, because they didn't even include said character in expositions during these last two episodes will make it quite difficult to link events from here to events in the next LN volume. That's pretty much what pissed me off when they made the changes that they did last episode, because with one episode left and a whole lot of the current situation to animate, we really don't have enough time to touch upon those other moments.

I stand by what I said about them not making a third season. If they do, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but they'll have to change up a quite a few things to make it work.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 12, 2016 12:44 AM

Jan 2015
Geat episode and action. It was exciting.

DrFluffyUnicorn said:

I wouldn't mind another season tbh. Since the second season of this anime is way better than the first one
Jun 12, 2016 1:05 AM

Sep 2015
turned out to be a pretty boring second season with stupid characters and dumb plot development. was it really necessary to add more secret organizations and scheming?

also in one episode ayato is incredible strong and a few episodes later he is beaten by a few blocked attacks and some poison dust.

i doubt that we will see a third season from this 23 episode light novel ad

Jun 12, 2016 2:20 AM

Sep 2015
Finally got to see Claudia wielding that PanDora dual blade :*
But the Claudia fight only lasted a glimpse :(
Jun 12, 2016 5:19 AM

Feb 2014
Ophelia is freakingly powerful. No wonder she's a two-time Lindovolus Festa winner. Her power completely dwarfs that of Julis and the conditions for her and Ayato to fight on isn't good either.

Although the old man came back and resumed from the last episode, with Ayato handicapped from the poison dust and holding Julis, Claudia came to save them from certain defeat. Hopefully the two of them will be okay. =)

The whole animation during the Ophelia fight was unique and really good too.

I would like a 3rd season, considering how many times the next festa is being mentioned, as well as the appearance of Ophelia. Overall, this episode was great. =)
Jun 12, 2016 7:52 AM

Jun 2014
new gril was OP holy shiiiiet
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2016 12:06 PM

May 2014
Finally Orphelia appear she was so OP the animation of her was good

Hope this anime get a Season 3

I already read the Novel and know who will the winner of gryps festa but I want to see it in animated
caliverneilJun 12, 2016 12:10 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2016 12:37 PM

Jun 2013
damn bruh new girl is so badass
Jun 12, 2016 1:18 PM
Mar 2016
Man , with 1 ep to go would there be anymore time for another one of those festa thingy?
Jun 12, 2016 2:44 PM

Dec 2012
make that season 3 a reality please.
Jun 12, 2016 4:10 PM

Apr 2012
Love the fight with Ophelia, that was nicely animated.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 12, 2016 6:03 PM

Jan 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Flashbacks seemed to suggest that she was the friend who was taken away, Julis wouldn't go after a random person would she? This situation is kind of similar to Irene and Pricilla's situation from earlier.

Thank you so much for your time, and for your great answers ;)
Now i certainly know more about what is happening.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 12, 2016 9:44 PM

Jul 2015
ohohohoh what a surprise. I was expecting the Kirin/Saya duo to come save them, but nice to see Claudia and a quick tease of her powers. New girl really piqued my interest. She reminds me of Isla from Plastic Memories in a way lol.

Welp, too bad we're not gonna see the Gryps Festa this season. Hopefully there's a season 3. Also, if only the manga wasn't dropped :C

caught in the wonder
Jun 13, 2016 10:34 AM

Dec 2015
Tbh I think it is getting a bit boring without the festa and more talking less fighting. Still that old guy and the brother were nice.
Jun 14, 2016 8:18 AM

Dec 2015
I see.... This season is going to end in cliffhanger and suggesting us to buy their Novels, Since it's pretty uncommon for Anime (especially for School Battle Harem.. I mean Harem) to have more than 2 seasons unless they make a TONS of cash.

"Once does not simply to watch the Asterisk War without being ended with cliffhanger.)"

Also Julis doesn't deserve Ayato, Tsunderes doesn't deserve any boyfriend. Ayato needs to keep his harem going..
BarnMTBJun 14, 2016 8:41 AM
Jun 14, 2016 11:53 AM
Jun 2016
I just want to Julis and Ayato kiss each other
Jun 14, 2016 3:26 PM

May 2016
Real late to the party but so what...

Pretty cool episode. We finally get to know more about Julis and her past concerning her connection to the orphanage. Looks like the Integrated Enterprise Foundation is pretty much TAW's version of the Mafia. With only one episode left there's going to be a lot left desired. So count me in for a third season.

You know, when I really started watching this series it suddenly reminded me of something. In the beginning I couldn't figure out what it was but now I do.

The Asterisk War is a lot like Final Fantasy VII. No, seriously. It is. I mean, think about it:

1. A meteor crashed into Earth and changed the world, kind of like how Jenova came to the planet and tried to take it over.
  2. Invertia being discovered and then it's element of Mana being injected into people that would give them magical powers, very similar to Mako being injected into SOLDIERs after the remains of Jenova were discovered.
  3. How the power of Mana through Invertia made a tremendous impact in the world for better or for worse, much like Mako being a major impact on the planet in FFVII.
  4. While it's too early to tell the Integrated Enterprise Foundation may be this anime's equivalent to FFVII's Shinra Company.
  5. And lastly, Ophelia might be the Sephiroth of this show seeing how OP she is and that she has the power to literally "choke" the planet to death.

"What I want, Julis, is to sail the cosmos with this planet as my vessel."
"I thought of a wonderful present for you, Ayato. Shall I give you despair?"

Heh, heh, sorry. I couldn't resist. But yeah, mind boggling isn't it? Makes you wonder what The Asterisk War might have been like if it was like Final Fantasy VII.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Jun 14, 2016 9:41 PM

Dec 2011
I knew Jolbert will totally pull that off, that Julis should marry Ayato.

And Ophelia is too OP, just what should be expected of No.1 in Asterisk. Everything we saw in the Phoenix Festa feels nothing noww, since the heavyweights are not even there. >.<
Jun 14, 2016 11:40 PM
Nov 2014
I dont keep up with the source material for this anime so I've been fully prepared for some sort of "get-it-over-with" finisher but after seeing this new chick and learning of the 5-man Festa, there better be a 3rd season! I've also always been a claudia fan but Ayato x Julis works for me, there will be a 3rd season right?
Jun 15, 2016 12:27 AM

Dec 2014
ok the episode was intense.. nice way to warm up the arc nicely
Jun 15, 2016 9:26 PM

Apr 2016
Well, there is one interesting character here. That Ophelia girl has a weird but very strong power that even Ayato can't match with, and she's from Rewolf. First time to see Claudia's Ogre Lux (if I remember correctly, I never seen it season 1) and I am interested of its power coz as I remember in season 1, Julis mentioned to Ayato that Claudia's Ogre Lux has to do with seeing the future movements.

Only 1 episode left and I would like to have a decent ending for this season. Looking forward to see how they will pull it off.

Meanwhile, I just laughed at the last scene where Ayato and Julis fainted, and Claudia only shouted Ayato's name. I find that part awkwardly funny. Julis got SEEN ZONED. :v

Jun 15, 2016 10:48 PM

Nov 2013
So... To those who have read the LN, do Ayato and Julis get together eventually or it stays harem all the way?
Jun 17, 2016 11:27 AM
Oct 2015
footmaster said:
First time to see Claudia's Ogre Lux (if I remember correctly, I never seen it season 1)
There were actually two scenes where Claudia used her Ogre Lux in season 1. First to knock Silas out at the end of first arc. The second was when they caused her to attack Ayato who came to her room to ask her abut Gravi-Sheath.
Heitokun said:
So... To those who have read the LN, do Ayato and Julis get together eventually or it stays harem all the way?
It's still ongoing & there's still no conclusion to the romance.
Jun 17, 2016 5:27 PM

Apr 2016
Ryuutobi said:
footmaster said:
First time to see Claudia's Ogre Lux (if I remember correctly, I never seen it season 1)
There were actually two scenes where Claudia used her Ogre Lux in season 1. First to knock Silas out at the end of first arc. The second was when they caused her to attack Ayato who came to her room to ask her abut Gravi-Sheath.
Heitokun said:
It's still ongoing & there's still no conclusion to the romance.

Oh I remember now. Thank you for that info. :)
Jun 19, 2016 12:28 AM

Jul 2008
And with 1 episode left, everything will be left open.
Jun 20, 2016 6:38 AM

Dec 2012
If all goes well we should be getting our s3 lol. This season has kinda turned me into a believer somewhat. xD
Jun 20, 2016 2:41 PM

Feb 2015
WUT?!?!?!?! that girl, orphelia is her childhoos friends ?
is she really julis's childhood friends ?!?!?! i mean, is she really ?!?!?!
isn't she a different person ?!?! i mean, she looks freaking different from what i have seen in julis's past. moreover, WTF with her power. is that even fair ?! she wasn't even using sword LOL. i can even call that a mosnter goddammit.

not only that the one which suprised me, wtf happened to the ending visual ?!?!? ayato's sister turned into Orphelia and the ending of the visual turn out that they were about to walk into the stage.

seriously, there are many interesting things happened in this anime lately from episode 10. moreover what just happened in this episode. now i wonder what happen in the final episode. i need to watch it ASAP. i think this anime just get more and more interesting to watch.

and i want more because of what just happened in this episode. i mean, season 3. now i want season 3.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

151 by AttackONSUS »»
Jan 26, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

79 by vadoyager7 »»
Aug 15, 2023 6:28 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

77 by vadoyager7 »»
Jul 24, 2023 10:33 PM

» How did you feel about this series as a whole?

sorames - Jun 9, 2023

31 by ejleon »»
Jun 12, 2023 4:21 AM

» Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Season 3 ( 1 2 )

GoldenGamerHD - Dec 3, 2017

50 by VidipSarkar123 »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.