Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2016 12:38 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Loved the way no one cared when they declared they are now a couple!
But really, I really wonder if this is the way couples should be! They took sweet 10 years to reach here! ❤

One of the most bizarre but incredibly cute first dates of all time. :) Yanagi's counter says six. Kujou's counter says seven. Poor Yanagi. Lol.

It makes me kind of sad that this is coming to an end. That card in the end made me all teary! :')

Edit: nb. not because of Kei, but for years of waiting to see this to happen.
shanimebibJun 11, 2016 1:18 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 11, 2016 1:23 AM

May 2013
congrats to both of them~!

aw. one chapter left... final chapter...
//crai
too fast. I want moreee //crai
made by bunnyama
Jun 11, 2016 1:26 AM
Jul 2015
Everytime there's a marriage, I always feel both happy and sad that there won't be anymore of them :/

I still can't understand one thing: does that mean Yanagi will continue being his dad's company's heir? I thought after him meeting Kujou and falling in love with her, made him want to do something different other than taking over his dad's company. Or did he go abroad to study the same thing, hence "following his dad's footsteps", but not to be the heir?
Could someone explain it to me? xD thanks in advance :d
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 11, 2016 2:13 AM
Nov 2015
OMG o(≧▽≦)o They were SO damn cute, especially Kujou, when she blushed because of yanagi or the contrary !!!
I feel sad because the final chapter will coming soon (T^T), but I like it when the final chapter will be about their wedding or if they have kids.
Jun 11, 2016 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, they really are adorable as a couple. I love it.

Wonder there's going to be a timeskip soon as well?
Jun 11, 2016 2:19 AM

May 2016
Shiro-o said:
OMG o(≧▽≦)o They were SO damn cute, especially Kujou, when she blushed because of yanagi or the contrary !!!
I feel sad because the final chapter will coming soon (T^T), but I like it when the final chapter will be about their wedding or if they have kids.

I agreeee xDD
Yanagi looked stupid but cute thereeee~~ sadly it will only 2 more chapter OAO
I bet their kids will be beyond smart lol
Jun 11, 2016 2:47 AM

Oct 2012
Aww I really wanted to see a bit more from the dating period, whelp I guess it's marriage then.
Jun 11, 2016 3:00 AM

Nov 2007
Fuzzywuz_zy said:
I still can't understand one thing: does that mean Yanagi will continue being his dad's company's heir? I thought after him meeting Kujou and falling in love with her, made him want to do something different other than taking over his dad's company. Or did he go abroad to study the same thing, hence "following his dad's footsteps", but not to be the heir?
Could someone explain it to me? xD thanks in advance :d

I think the reason Yanagi accepting to become the heir to his father's company goes a long way. Remember that up until now, Yanagi started to become independent from his parents and their influence on him. It was a 10 year process when he started studying on his own (instead of being taught by expensive home tutors) and all the way to working part-time to earn his livings. But that was also a misinterpretation of Kujou's words when he thought everything he received from his parents was because of his parents fortune but never realizing it was also because of his parents affection for him that he should feel blessed. Yanagi realized the importance of such affection and that he should return the kindness shown to him by his parents when Kujou said she wanted to study accounting which was her wanting to follow the footsteps of her late father.

Yanagi actually came a long way on his own. In the past 10 years, he has used his own talent to get into a reputable University, started looking after himself and even started working part-time on his own. But if he did such, he would be neglecting his parents affection and thus by accepting to become the heir, he decided to embrace what makes him the Yanagi today, a person built on not only of his own hard work but also on the affection he received from his family.

What makes Last Game such an endearing story is it doesn't just focus on romance, but the development of our protagonists as they become remarkable adults while enjoying the blessing of having wonderful family and friends surrounding them. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 11, 2016 3:44 AM

Mar 2015
aww.. theur first date soo cute and bizare.. lol... poor yanagi...

those time skip and wedding!!!!! hype!!!!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 11, 2016 5:42 AM
Jul 2015
shanimebib said:

I think the reason Yanagi accepting to become the heir to his father's company goes a long way. Remember that up until now, Yanagi started to become independent from his parents and their influence on him. It was a 10 year process when he started studying on his own (instead of being taught by expensive home tutors) and all the way to working part-time to earn his livings. But that was also a misinterpretation of Kujou's words when he thought everything he received from his parents was because of his parents fortune but never realizing it was also because of his parents affection for him that he should feel blessed. Yanagi realized the importance of such affection and that he should return the kindness shown to him by his parents when Kujou said she wanted to study accounting which was her wanting to follow the footsteps of her late father.

Yanagi actually came a long way on his own. In the past 10 years, he has used his own talent to get into a reputable University, started looking after himself and even started working part-time on his own. But if he did such, he would be neglecting his parents affection and thus by accepting to become the heir, he decided to embrace what makes him the Yanagi today, a person built on not only of his own hard work but also on the affection he received from his family.

What makes Last Game such an endearing story is it doesn't just focus on romance, but the development of our protagonists as they become remarkable adults while enjoying the blessing of having wonderful family and friends surrounding them. :)

Thank you for explaining, I understood it better than before. Whatyou said is what I love the most in Last Game too, unlike a lot of romance be it a shoujo or a shounen: Suzuka and Kimi no iru machi xD. Regardless, I still read those kind of manga lololol. This is how I interpreted your explanation, written in the most simple way:
-Yanagi being the typical rich brat who boast about his (parents') wealth to everybody
-Kujou snapping him out of it, saying it was not his but the result of his parents' hardwork
-Yanagi tries to do everything with his own power like Kujou
-Yanagi learned that he misunderstood her thinking that he only gets everything because his family is rich not knowing that they do that because they care about him
-He eventually accepted being the heir and his family's affection instead of thinking that it is inevitable for him to lead the company because he's the son of a successful businessman

Is that it? More or less? Hahah, I still haven't completely understood it, +1 more reason to reread great mangas xD. Is that what he really wants though? I mean, taking lead over the company. If he really wants to(which I think is happening), then no problemo. But what if he only does it to repay his parents, don't you think he's kinda restrained or something? Idk, I look at it too deep I guess..
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 11, 2016 5:46 AM
Jul 2015
I wish we got to see more of their relationship before the wedding T.T This was such a good and endearing manga, I will have to reread it after it has completed

Ps: I'm hoping we get to see their kids at the very end :D
Jun 11, 2016 6:19 AM

Feb 2015
Ahhh I can't believe this is ending. I'm so happy but sad at the same time.
Jun 11, 2016 6:37 AM

Dec 2014
Such an adorable chapter.

The first date was so weird yet so cute, I was collapsing like Yanagi on multiple occasions cause I couldn't handle the amount of cuteness in this chapter xD.

Looks like there's gonna be a timeskip, That marriage invitation card :D
Can't believe it's finally ending.
Jun 11, 2016 6:46 AM

Nov 2012
this chapter is so freaking cute. I'm screaming like a girl now
Jun 11, 2016 7:30 AM

Jul 2012
What a cute chapter! Kujou in a wedding dress, so excited!!!
Jun 11, 2016 10:17 AM

Sep 2015
And they will get married, a happy end ;(
I can't wait for next month chapter !
Jun 11, 2016 10:28 AM

Mar 2015
2 more chapters until the end wow and they just started...
Jun 11, 2016 10:57 AM

Aug 2010
The way no one cared was lol

Yanagi being jelly of the cow was hilarious

The sweet moment between them was adorable.

The end is nigh :(
Jun 11, 2016 11:07 AM

Oct 2015
Simply awesome chapter seeing Yanagi smiling and teasin her was just hilarious, damn really gonna miss this manga, why they always have to end it when its time for marriage wanna read a manga that goes beyond this point for atleast few more chapters.
Anyway hyped for the final chapter :)
Jun 12, 2016 1:44 AM

Dec 2011
LOL, that date was so Kujou and Yanagi XD

And next chapter.... the wedding!

(By the way, I'm a bit confused, is it supposed to be 2 chapters left (like the first page of the chapter said), or is it only 1?)
Jun 12, 2016 5:42 AM

Jun 2013
Wedding H y p e!!! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Winners Don't Make Excuses

Jun 12, 2016 5:31 PM

Jul 2015
Damn, i might cry reading the final chapter...
Jun 13, 2016 6:45 PM

Sep 2013
TIME SKIP!!! i hope we get to see a bit of them after marriage

Aug 23, 2016 4:53 AM

Apr 2015
Kujou secretly counting the kisses was really adorable of her. I think there will be a timeskip which would be perfect.
Jan 8, 2017 4:05 PM

Mar 2016
Please more, don't want it to end . Such a heartwarming chapter .
Aug 21, 2017 5:22 PM
Aug 2016
Honestly, I'm so happy for Kujou and Yanagi that they got together, but at the end of that chapter, I was getting teary, poor Souma! I wish there wasn't a love triangle or Souma got a girlfriend...
Jan 19, 2019 7:02 AM

Nov 2014
What an unexpected first date XD, but still they always really cute as usual.

ah the invitation at the end, meaning this wonderful journey of Yanagi and Kujou will be over.

well, let's enjoyed it while it last
Jun 10, 2021 7:11 AM

Feb 2019
Nobody cared when they announced that they were dating lol

A first date on the farm lol

Mikoto's been smiling so much since they started dating, or actually since she realised her feelings. It's so cute to see.

The wedding is coming! I'm so excited, but I'm sad that this is coming to an end too... I need more of Naoto and Mikoto, and I want to see their married life and their children!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Game Chapter 54 Discussion

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

47 by vF_Wackiier »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:10 PM

Poll: » Last Game Chapter 5 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Feb 2, 2012

13 by PriinceYuki »»
Jan 17, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Last Game Chapter 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2014

23 by kem03 »»
Dec 4, 2022 12:52 PM

Poll: » Last Game Chapter 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Apr 8, 2012

10 by alisagarcia »»
Dec 1, 2022 2:05 AM

» Last Game should have a anime adaptation

Kuuro - Apr 11, 2017

30 by DarkHumor04 »»
Nov 2, 2022 12:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.