Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2016 5:02 AM
Apr 2014
One hell of a way to piss a grand mage, lol.
Jun 6, 2016 5:06 AM
May 2016
Ryuma00 said:
Oh, he really mest things up

Nice one there hahaha
Jun 6, 2016 5:07 AM

Dec 2015
He's really done it! Mashima why???

Poor Gajevy/Gale! Damn what a shipwreck!
(BUT! I highly doubt Gajeel will be gone forever, this is fairy tail after all)
Everything will be alright just wait and see...
Im not sure what to feel about Mest though, that was really cruel! LOL
Jun 6, 2016 5:13 AM

Jan 2015
Poor Levy D: Is Gajeel really gone? He was my favourite chracter :/
Darklight0303 said:
MahiSenpai said:
I still cry.
I hope Gajeel will come back tho.
Talking about a future with Levy and THEN die. He cant do that to his little shrimp ;(
Technically he can because Lavy could be pregnant.

Aye, I mean we had THE blanket with stars :P . Soooo Levy can accually be mother right now
Jun 6, 2016 5:18 AM

Jun 2013
RaySapphire13 said:

He did it way back in Rave, and looking at it, makes sense (if Gajeel stays dead), why he did it this way. To explain, we have the 4 big pairings in FT, Natsu x Lucy, Gray x Juvia, Jellal x Erza and Gajeel x Levy.

- Natsu x Lucy, main characters, obviously they'll be fine;
- Gray x Juvia, they were the other canditates (in my opinion), but in Rave he already killed off a woman who loved this man (they both resembled Gray and Juvia, tho their relationship was different);
- Jellal x Erza, Jellal is Mashima's favorite character (probably), but he literally looks and sorta acts (now) like Sieg from Rave (Sieg's hair was bigger in Rave tho..);
- Gajeel x Levy, chapter 488 happened :/, there's a 50/50 chance he could come back, but point is he did the same thing in Rave (as mentioned in the Gray x Juvia section), but he killed the male here.
Jun 6, 2016 5:30 AM

Sep 2014
I'm usually a sucker for these moments but not a single tear was shed ...wonder how long until Gajeel shows up again, he'll find a way surely xD
Have to say that family picture was cute :3

That Acnologia and Irene scene, "I aim to please" Oh, you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What the fuckin' hell Mest??? Didn't see that coming o.O, so dumb of him. Poor Brandish
nerfxJun 6, 2016 5:38 AM
Jun 6, 2016 5:37 AM

Dec 2015
Crazy chapter. So Gajeel died, but we all know he will come back somehow. Maybe the Celestial Spirit King goes to the underworld to save him (considering his former beef with the underworld) and transfers him to the spirit world where he becomes a key for Lucy; we all know some stupid loophole like this is going to happen lol.

I have to give it to Mest actually doing the right thing. I mean its a freaking war and now Brandish is team Fairy Tail through the power of friendship and she was going to do the same thing to August. Mest was smart on not taking ANY chances whatsoever. August could have been bluffing for all they know. Also they are all pissed at him for making a smart move, but when they do some dumb shit all the time its because they did it for their nakama's and no one can question it. Double standard much?

Either way I can't wait for this countdown to be over to see if END really does show up. I want to see Irene and Acno fight too, but we all know she is going to get killed by him. The rightful fight will between Zeref, Natsu/END, and Acno at the end.
Jun 6, 2016 5:40 AM
Nov 2015
Cejara said:
Crazy chapter. So Gajeel died, but we all know he will come back somehow. Maybe the Celestial Spirit King goes to the underworld to save him (considering his former beef with the underworld) and transfers him to the spirit world where he becomes a key for Lucy; we all know some stupid loophole like this is going to happen lol.

I have to give it to Mest actually doing the right thing. I mean its a freaking war and now Brandish is team Fairy Tail through the power of friendship and she was going to do the same thing to August. Mest was smart on not taking ANY chances whatsoever. August could have been bluffing for all they know. Also they are all pissed at him for making a smart move, but when they do some dumb shit all the time its because they did it for their nakama's and no one can question it. Double standard much?

Either way I can't wait for this countdown to be over to see if END really does show up. I want to see Irene and Acno fight too, but we all know she is going to get killed by him. The rightful fight will between Zeref, Natsu/END, and Acno at the end.

Again, I'll repeat it -.-. Gajeel didn't go to any underworld, his body was literally grind to particles.
Jun 6, 2016 5:42 AM

Dec 2015
Chaos_Harbinger said:
Cejara said:

Again, I'll repeat it -.-. Gajeel didn't go to any underworld, his body was literally grind to particles.

Doesn't matter either way, Hiro will find a way. One magic = love, levy loves Gajeel so much and the particles are made up of magic that somehow he rematerializes through one magic lol. You know something dumb like this is going to happen whatever the means of it will be.
Jun 6, 2016 5:43 AM
Sep 2012
Darklight0303 said:
He was not sucked into another dimension. He was scattered into Magic Barrier Particles. Not the same thing at all

Still not killed in a traditional sense, so enough of a loop hole for him to comeback and he will comeback.

Anyway I think at the very least, end of this arc, Mest needs to resign and go on a Laxus like spirit journey. Especially if we have Brandish join the guild, even if not, he is needs to go somewhere and think what he has done. If Laxus got that punishment, than Mest deserves the same. Though I prefer he decides it on his own and not be ex spelled like Laxus was. He has too much of that council men in him, so he needs to get that out of his body.
Jun 6, 2016 5:46 AM

Apr 2008
blfan said:
Darklight0303 said:
He was not sucked into another dimension. He was scattered into Magic Barrier Particles. Not the same thing at all

Still not killed in a traditional sense, so enough of a loop hole for him to comeback and he will comeback.

Anyway I think at the very least, end of this arc, Mest needs to resign and go on a Laxus like spirit journey. Especially if we have Brandish join the guild, even if not, he is needs to go somewhere and think what he has done. If Laxus got that punishment, than Mest deserves the same. Though I prefer he decides it on his own and not be ex spelled like Laxus was. He has too much of that council men in him, so he needs to get that out of his body.

Yeah no. Remember Ur. She's pretty much in the same state if not better off since apaprently her sense of self is still faintly present in the ocean. She's still virtually dead.
Jun 6, 2016 5:52 AM
Sep 2012
Darklight0303 said:
blfan said:

Yeah no. Remember Ur. She's pretty much in the same state if not better off since apaprently her sense of self is still faintly present in the ocean. She's still virtually dead.

Ur is not Gajeel, one of the main characters in Fairy Tail. He is not in Team Natsu, but he just a notch below, that he is too important to be killed off. He will be back.
Jun 6, 2016 5:53 AM

Apr 2008
blfan said:
Darklight0303 said:

Ur is not Gajeel, one of the main characters in Fairy Tail. He is not in Team Natsu, but he just a notch below, that he is too important to be killed off. He will be back.

Gajeel is second tier. Not that important. he';s also not that popular in Japan as in the west
Jun 6, 2016 6:02 AM

Sep 2014
Mest...you've screwed us all!

Wonder if Brandish will change sides, now knowing how fairy tail "operates".
Jun 6, 2016 6:05 AM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:
RaySapphire13 said:

He did it way back in Rave, and looking at it, makes sense (if Gajeel stays dead), why he did it this way. To explain, we have the 4 big pairings in FT, Natsu x Lucy, Gray x Juvia, Jellal x Erza and Gajeel x Levy.

- Gray x Juvia, they were the other canditates (in my opinion), but in Rave he already killed off a woman who loved this man (they both resembled Gray and Juvia, tho their relationship was different);
- Jellal x Erza, Jellal is Mashima's favorite character (probably), but he literally looks and sorta acts (now) like Sieg from Rave (Sieg's hair was bigger in Rave tho..);
- Gajeel x Levy, chapter 488 happened :/, there's a 50/50 chance he could come back, but point is he did the same thing in Rave (as mentioned in the Gray x Juvia section), but he killed the male here.

Hiro Mashima paid already homage to Musica and Reina.

100%, not 99 Gajeel is not dead, if he´s dead he will be ressurected.
No Edo Tensei Zombie Revival, but actual ressurection.
Jun 6, 2016 6:15 AM

Dec 2015
metsujin said:
RaySapphire13 said:

haven't read Rave, but I do heard he had major influences with it to fairy tail,
However I don't think he's gonna do how rave master ended.

I wouldn't worry so much about the 4 big pairings they'll be alright in the end I guess, maybe a few (or a lot) bumps, sacrifices and heartaches and Im confident that Gajeel is not really gone he'll be back I don't know when but he will be... (crossfinger)

I hope Im not wrong, if not...
QueenSapphireJun 6, 2016 6:33 AM
Jun 6, 2016 6:20 AM

Oct 2011
This chapter felt different from usual. I think either the editor was different or the author let someone else think of this part. Anyway, not that I believe that Gajeel could die. They'll suddenly get a guy whose magic transforming barrier particles back into humans since this is Fairy Tail after all

Jun 6, 2016 6:23 AM

Aug 2008
Nakama power will bring back Gajeel...I think.

Mashima did kill characters before in Rave. Dammit Mest, you just have to mess things up.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 6, 2016 6:27 AM
Mar 2015
If aknologia says gajeel is gone then that's more then enough for me

It appears Eileen will buys us some time as a distraction, but she will surely die lol
Does meet really have that much power though? It bugs me what kind of hax mind magic, and did he need to be present for this too, he could have implanted this and stayed at the guild.
Now brandish has to fight her grandfather.... which should cost her life in sacrifice, Mabry August will loose the will to fight
Jun 6, 2016 6:33 AM
Mar 2015
Isterio said:
frostmourn said:

So you're saying he might still be alive cause of the similarity with 2nd death? Fair enough, but the panels with future was kind of similar to Reina's, future which she imagined but never happened.

But it might be the 2nd one as well, but really hope he stays dead

Not because it´s similar but because it´s a 1:1 retelling and the whole Tenrou Island group has plot armor.

Plot armor:

Not important enough:

Y'all leave lisanna alone
Her return fixed mirajane and for that alone I can be greatful to her
Jun 6, 2016 6:34 AM

Mar 2014
Goddamn, Gajeel was greatness this chapter. But it's obvious that this is the same as Natsu's cancer incident: he needs to be absent from the story atm.

The split page of Acno & Eileen was dope af, Pray she delivers.

But... OMG... holy fuck... Mest... u da GOAT. Honestly, I never gave a rat's furry ass about him, until this chapter, when he rose to fave FT character status. Like, Jesus, Hiro has never elicited a fraction of my emotion as he has with this Mest feat. Oh man, it took over a solid 10 minutes to get myself together and stop laughing, crying, even bowing. This was, way too good.
Jun 6, 2016 6:37 AM

Apr 2008
trump54 said:
Isterio said:

Not because it´s similar but because it´s a 1:1 retelling and the whole Tenrou Island group has plot armor.

Plot armor:

Not important enough:

Except that's not true at all. Mirajane had already started to recover her magic and self during the Festival when she destroyed FREED with her returned magic.
Jun 6, 2016 6:38 AM
Mar 2015
Darklight0303 said:
MahiSenpai said:
I still cry.
I hope Gajeel will come back tho.
Talking about a future with Levy and THEN die. He cant do that to his little shrimp ;(
Technically he can because Lavy could be pregnant.

Did you catch that too? He said I entrust my future to you. However I doubt he actually knows. Lilly needs to fly levy back pronto BECASUE of the particles in her body, then the doctors will tell her she is pregnant will gajeel twins, she cries lucy holds her. gajeel may come back in spirit to protect her but that's it
Jun 6, 2016 6:42 AM
Mar 2015
Darklight0303 said:
trump54 said:

Except that's not true at all. Mirajane had already started to recover her magic and self during the Festival when she destroyed FREED with her returned magic.

But that is true, mirajane fought only to protect her brother, after freed whipped him good, she did not involve herself in combat, even in the most dire situations despite having so much power. Plus if you recall, she kind of had mini mental break, that was not healing, and afterwards instead of continuing on to help Ezra and natsu she lost her will to fight again. It was only when lissanna returned home alive Mira overcame her trauma. As said by her during her fight with the executioner during the dragon invasion arc.
Jun 6, 2016 6:51 AM

Dec 2013
I really hope he manages to come back eventually even if the method is compete BS.

Gajeel's speech was really touching. Their family is adorable ;_;

Fuck Mest
Jun 6, 2016 7:01 AM

Nov 2010
Acnologia said that there are on 6 left now, which either means he is dead for good, or he actually is in the underworld dimension.

I really liked the first half of the chapter, it was one of the best emotional parts so far in the manga.
Jun 6, 2016 7:09 AM

Feb 2009
So the last six chapters of Fairy Tail have had some strange titles:

The SEVEN Stars
The Monstrous SIX
FIVE Days' Worth of Food
The FOURTH Guest
The THIRD Seal
The TWO Of Us...Together...Forever..And Always

And the next one is called: Universe ONE, it seems the author like too much number 7.

Jun 6, 2016 7:09 AM

Apr 2008
In a twisted way it's funny how much fate fucks with Levy. In Future Lucy's timeline that still exists even with what happened in GMG, everyone died and she was alone.

In the true timeline she still lost Gajeel
Jun 6, 2016 7:15 AM

Mar 2016
dang it,gajeel gone?,irene and acnologia fight,august rage what a mix of it.mashima-sensei you must have planned something big,wait for it.
Jun 6, 2016 7:17 AM

Nov 2013
Second half of the chapter isn't bad

First half is just another fake death with Gajeel sent to another dimension. He'll come back at the end of the manga.
Jun 6, 2016 7:26 AM

Nov 2015
Pretty decent chapter. A bit too much cheesy drama for my liking. Good death for a character that I don't care much about in Gajeel. Hopefully he stays dead.
Jun 6, 2016 7:29 AM

Apr 2008
short_review said:
Second half of the chapter isn't bad

First half is just another fake death with Gajeel sent to another dimension. He'll come back at the end of the manga.

He's not in another dimension. His body was scattered into MAGIC BARRIER PARTICLES. Do you people not read with your eyes?
Jun 6, 2016 7:35 AM
May 2015
ETX said:
R.I.P Gajeel

Natsu ain't gonna take that news too well, so I'm sure it's plot related, given that the countdown of the chapter names will reach 1 next week. E.N.D possibly coming soon.

Dat August form though.

I was starting to like Mest again but after this stunt, yeah no. Brandish is a good character and Mashima has written her well. Despite hanging around with Fairy Tail and being stuck in their guild for a while, she's not been swayed to join them or team up. Yet.

Good character my ass. She's been the weakest most inconsistent character in this arc by far

Love how people are crying because Mest acted like his enemies were actual enemies and not people to be buddy buddy with. Another reason the fairy tail members are awful
Jun 6, 2016 7:41 AM
Jun 2007
This is one of those moments where actually having Gajeel dead/disappeared/whatever would actually make for an amazing chapter but the fact that people aren't killed off in this manga makes this chapter lose any impact.

Me while reading: "That was touching but meh... He'll be back." :|
Jun 6, 2016 7:42 AM

Mar 2014
Lol all this Mest criticism makes me laugh.. At least there's someone in the ignorant FT guild who actually understands the weight of the situation and take advantage

The "peace talks" were hilariously bad and August pretty much claimed he wouldn't be swayed

And who cares about Brandish. She's been a background character ever since she was humiliated
Jun 6, 2016 7:43 AM
Jun 2007
Trentor11 said:

Love how people are crying because Mest acted like his enemies were actual enemies and not people to be buddy buddy with. Another reason the fairy tail members are awful

Also this.

If this were real no one else would be crying foul considering how big a threat August was.
Jun 6, 2016 7:44 AM

Apr 2008
TheGrandSage23 said:
Lol all this Mest criticism makes me laugh.. At least there's someone in the ignorant FT guild who actually understands the weight of the situation and take advantage

The "peace talks" were hilariously bad and August pretty much claimed he wouldn't be swayed

And who cares about Brandish. She's been a background character ever since she was humiliated

You're missing the point here. Now they have both a betrayed brandish and livid August with a personal bone to pick with Fairy tail for the underhanded ways ONE MORON employed.
Jun 6, 2016 7:50 AM

May 2012
TheGrandSage23 said:

It's not even that. August showed that he would at least hear them out

But now due to Mest jumping the gun and making Brandish stab August, one of the strongest mages, any type of negotiations have fallen through.

They could have possibly avoided one of their strongest enemies, and he could've possibly become a neutral party until the end of the war, but those what ifs aren't possible now

Jun 6, 2016 7:58 AM

Oct 2015
Guys, did someone notice the part where August kinda got surprised when natsu stared at him ? did he notice something about him ? being END or zeref's brother ?
Jun 6, 2016 8:03 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
You know, for a single moment -a single moment- I actually thought that this would just be a dramatic goodbye chapter, but ofc not. It HAD to include stupidity in some form, like Levy's "I'm strong enough now to be able to kill myself with you", but to see Mest do this... How out of character. This really just seems like a last minute twist to just create a mess out of nothing. Mest isn't like that. He isn't some evil mastermind nor does he take pleasure in seeing people kill each other because of him. That face was just not him. He was already a 3rd rate character, but now he's one of the worst ones. And even the THOUGHT that just stabbing the man who was thought to be the strongest of their enemies was enough... he should have known? Obviously his memory manipulation doesn't make people smart about how to do said command, but just execute it with whatever means (though she could have enlarged it WAY more to basically just cut his body in two), so his strategy sucked from every way possible? He betrayed his friends with a stupid idea and he's still grinning when he obviously hasn't won. And he's actually stupid enough to grin when the enemy actually said he'd listen to them. I can honestly just see Mashima not knowing how to do it better and just threw together some basic "omg I did for the guild, I'm so smart and nice" crap. SMH~

I expect horrendous nakama speeches and power ups, but can we at least set the stage a bit better? It's enough that I can't even feel sad over Gajeel, since I'm 99,99% sure that he'll be coming back sooner rather than later, now we are resorting to complete OOC behaviors with obvious crappy results?

When does this end :v
Jun 6, 2016 8:06 AM

Mar 2014
Darklight0303 said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

You're missing the point here. Now they have both a betrayed brandish and livid August with a personal bone to pick with Fairy tail for the underhanded ways ONE MORON employed.
Olem said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

It's not even that. August showed that he would at least hear them out

But now due to Mest jumping the gun and making Brandish stab August, one of the strongest mages, any type of negotiations have fallen through.

They could have possibly avoided one of their strongest enemies, and he could've possibly become a neutral party until the end of the war, but those what ifs aren't possible now

He said he would hear them out even though it was very clear he wouldn't be swayed. And besides he's not leading the invasion Zeref is so even if August wanted to back out the possibility of him actually doing so is almost none. August was going to fight regardless. The only bad thing Mest did was hasten August's defeat since every Spriggan has been meme worthy
Jun 6, 2016 8:11 AM

Mar 2015
Ryuma00 said:
Oh, he really mest things up
I'M LAUGHING SO HARD
Jun 6, 2016 8:11 AM
May 2015
Lol people thinking August would've swayed. They were going to fight sooner or later. Mest saw an opportunity and took it. Call him a moron fine I guess he fits right at home since the guild have been complete idiots in this hilarious war and every other villain they've faced
Jun 6, 2016 8:17 AM

May 2014
I think I've never cried as much as I just did over a manga/anime. My ship sailed and then was sunk immediately. Holy shit who even cares about August! Gajeel is gone! Hiro can have bad storytelling at times, but sometimes it's brilliant and his art is just incomparable to other mangakas.
Jun 6, 2016 8:21 AM

Apr 2008
Ahoy_NATO said:
I think I've never cried as much as I just did over a manga/anime. My ship sailed and then was sunk immediately. Holy shit who even cares about August! Gajeel is gone! Hiro can have bad storytelling at times, but sometimes it's brilliant and his art is just incomparable to other mangakas.

He did that to Zervis too remember :P DON'T WISH FOR ONSCREEN CANONIFICATION OF PAIRINGS. THAT WILL GET THEM KILLED.
Jun 6, 2016 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
Wow! Gajeel is gone, I'm somehow satisfied with that... at least a good guy goes down... for once... for now (I won't be totally good until being sure he's not coming back). Mest sure thought of what could've been the best for the guild, of course, if their opponent wasn't August, now I'm waiting to see what he's capable of.
I'm happy with this chapter's outcomes... you don't see Faiy Tail's chapters like this every day.
Jun 6, 2016 8:24 AM

Feb 2013
I am not really that sad about Garjeel cause he will be back....
It was really nice to see the last momments of hes " temporal death state?".

However i believe same shit will happen as Natsu vs Zero. He will get overwhelm with the power of feelings reform himself and go into True dragon force or heck even a new transformation and kick ass !

However i believe the story of Garjeel wont be more involved for couple more chapters.

As for Mest..... With hes powers i would probably have done the same to be honest. It is frustating and low standars for fairy tail member but its an effective way to destroy your enemies. Too bad August is OP as fuck.

I cant wait to see August powers and Eileen Belserion vs Acnologia !!!
GEE HEE !
Jun 6, 2016 8:32 AM

Mar 2015
I think everyone can agree that Gajeel isn't dead. Barely anyone actually dies in fairy tail, they always end up miraculously recovering

Also it would have been pretty boring if Brandish actually managed to persuade August. We haven't even seen August's abilities yet, there had to be a fight!
Jun 6, 2016 8:37 AM

Apr 2008
Zenneth said:
I am not really that sad about Garjeel cause he will be back....
It was really nice to see the last momments of hes " temporal death state?".

However i believe same shit will happen as Natsu vs Zero. He will get overwhelm with the power of feelings reform himself and go into True dragon force or heck even a new transformation and kick ass !

However i believe the story of Garjeel wont be more involved for couple more chapters.

As for Mest..... With hes powers i would probably have done the same to be honest. It is frustating and low standars for fairy tail member but its an effective way to destroy your enemies. Too bad August is OP as fuck.

I cant wait to see August powers and Eileen Belserion vs Acnologia !!!

In Natsu VS Zero, Natsu WAS trapped in another dimension kind of. His body was not broken down into PARTICLES like with Gajeel. The two are NOTHING alike.
Jun 6, 2016 8:44 AM

Jul 2007
Yaaawwn.

So Gajeel got taken out of comission till someone Asspull-saves him. Got it. Sorry Mashima, nothing in this arc convinces me he is in any danger. This is not Tartaros.

I AM laughing at people who exepct Gajeel to be gone. Come on guys, this is Spriggan arc - nothing has any consequences. Someone irrelevant will come out and do some asspull magic that will bring Gajeel back. It happened with Laxus, it happened with Nasu's tumor, it Happened with Aquarius, It happened with Wendy, it happened with urtear, it happened with most o spriggans that posed any threat, it happened with every single thing that could have consequences. It will happen here too.

And if the asspulls are not enough now everyone is acting stupid(hi, Mest) in order to move plot along via cheesy drama. August already lost badassery points for being a pathetic "grandpa" figure to Brandish and now Mest messed it all up by acting OOC stupid. GG Mashima. What's next?

And being doubtful of this having any consequences is only normal after like ten thousands of consequence-erasing asspulls this arc had.

Its funny, because if Avatar Arc and Spriggan arc did not exist and this was after Tartaros, these chapters would have made me hyped as fuck. But sadly literally everything int his arc points towards this ending up disappointing.

To make deaths or anything believable , the threat should be tangible - the fact that these clowns of villains are suddenly pretending to be dangerous only tickles reader's suspension of disbelief.

We spent dozens of chapters this arc watching good guy asspull random things to one-up villains with no consequences(Hi Urtear, Hi Erza, Hi spriggan being defeated by fanservice, etc etc), we saw every spriggan being turned into freaking joke(Serena, Ajeel, Brandish, the summoner-clown-dude, etc), what's more we spent time undoing consequences from Tartaros arc.

There's no build up. Everything in this arc has been total shit - no consequences have been built up, the spriggans dont feel threatening, in fact more things were asspull-undone than built up. Why oh tell me why should ANYONE believe anything in this chapter matters or has any threat? It would not be out of line for this arc to just have Nasu one-punch August next chapter - hell it happened before.

Spriggan arc so far has been basically the GMG Urtear asspull and Minerva-cat asspull on repeat for tens of chapters so far. ONE such asspull invalidated most of GMG arc. What did you think happened with Spriggan arc so far having 10x that amount of nonsense?

Tartaros felt threatening without nonsense like this. They were a tangible threat you feared of and felt the struggle being real. Here, Mashima had to literally bring back Tartaros abilities with that one dude last chapter to even make things even remotely threatening(and even then we all know how it will end)

This is on the level on if Toriyama suddenly decided to make Hercules the main villain on Super NOW after he played the buttmonkey for ~500+ episodes.

Mod Edit: Moved post here due to deleting a baiting comment
TyrelJun 6, 2016 5:36 PM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.