Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 5, 2016 4:09 PM

Oct 2014
This anime is so much better than I thought it would be.
Jun 5, 2016 4:09 PM
Jul 2018
purpleninja0006 said:
the best part was when Subaru threw Ram at Rem.

does anyone know why Ram calls him Barasu? Also what happened to his phone and carrier bag, It'd be nice if he kept the pictures he took in his past lives

She is switching the Su and Baru around

And that really was the best part
removed-userJun 5, 2016 4:14 PM
Jun 5, 2016 4:13 PM

Oct 2014
JeBleach said:
purpleninja0006 said:

does anyone know why Ram calls him Barasu? Also what happened to his phone and carrier bag, It'd be nice if he kept the pictures he took in his past lives

She is switching the Su and Baru around

Im surprised I never caught that earlier, wow i don't notice stuff unless others point it out for me
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
Jun 5, 2016 4:14 PM

Sep 2015
Not too keen on the CGI but otherwise there was some solid animation this episode. Rem's moves were awesome. Subaru's proving himself to be pretty clever at times too, figuring out ways to manipulate his curse outside of just dying and trying again. Was hoping he might try to use that blinding magic.

Considering that Subaru was just told that Rem needed a bash to her horn, I was expecting him to either use the pommel / hilt or the flat of the blade to hit her, but it looks like he's going to try and slash it. Could end up backfiring if he cuts her horn off completely. Prety glad he didn't die this episode though. This time around his developments with the other characters have been great, so his losing that and having to start again would be extra painful.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jun 5, 2016 4:15 PM

Jul 2013
I admit it, I laughed my ass in the final half of the episode. The way Subaru carried Ram, how BerserkRem! reacts to their presence, how Subaru throws Ram to her sister as a bait to later fail to cut her horn at the first attemp... Those scenes were really hilarious.

Apart of that, I like how Rem went to kill the dogs to save Subaru and the brief backstory of the twins sounds interesting.

Cannot wait for this arc to end and start the third one...
Jun 5, 2016 4:17 PM

Aug 2012
Subaru almost mentioned his resur- but was stopped again. The last time he mentioned it he died so I don't think they'll catch on anytime soon. I wonder if they will eventually.

The sharpest sword in the village is weak. Cant even hold the weight of a teen and a loli.

The action this episode was great. Lots of funny moments with Ram.

Ram can fly now!
Jun 5, 2016 4:17 PM

Dec 2008
ttcchen said:
When Subaru got bitten by the mabeasts, each bite comes with a curse, and so because there's so many curses on him, betty can't undo them all.
And how the curse work is when the mabeasts are hungry, they'll use their connection to Subaru to take mana from him. However, if they're dead, then the curses will fade. And rem believes it's her fault that Subaru got bitten, so she went into the forest to kill all the mabeasts herself. And it seems that she lost control of her demon power and mistaken subaru as an enemy. But, thankfully, by throwing ram towards her, subaru has diverted her attention, leaving an opening for him to cut her horn.

I think the representation of how they explained it was fairly understandable and direct.

You can easily undo a simple knot but not a tons of knots tied to each other, period.

Also the rest was fairly easy to follow up not sure how you found or had difficult with it.
Jun 5, 2016 4:23 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode, some impressive animation too.
It went by so fast.
Jun 5, 2016 4:24 PM

Oct 2013
Yay! At least he didn't die. But wow this is a crazy situation that needs to be cleaned.
Jun 5, 2016 4:24 PM

Sep 2012
another CLIFFHANGER, i tried very hard not to watch the episode until it get setled down... but, human's curiosity is way too powerful (lol)

someone pls gimme some spoil about the next episode (LN reader plzz)
Jun 5, 2016 4:26 PM

May 2015
The way I see Ram's flying, is because she has wind magic and therefore she can fly. I mean, Subaru can't be THAT strong now can he?

Also, Rem going berserk is pretty cool. No wonder r/anime changed their majority votes to Rem from episode 9
Jun 5, 2016 4:27 PM

Nov 2014
Awesome animation and a hint of the twin's backstory.
Also flying Ram was awesome xD

I also want some steamed potatoes >.<
Jun 5, 2016 4:28 PM

Apr 2014
Damn the episode felt way too short with both OP and ED. Flying Ram was the best part of the episode.
Necromia said:
Ram can fly now!

Perfect
Jun 5, 2016 4:32 PM

Nov 2014
Fappa said:
Hongu said:
Ram is so much better than Rem. Her charm really shone though this episode.
The animation was really nice in some spots, though I don't really know what was happening since I saw it through a livestream. Still think White Fox is kind of dragging this out, they could have done so much more.

We need all the time we can get for arc 2, so they're not dragging out anything they're simply being faithful and this is necessary to build up what comes.
true but it's worrying bcuz arc 3 is super long.
Jun 5, 2016 4:36 PM

Jul 2015
ttcchen said:
Fappa said:

We need all the time we can get for arc 2, so they're not dragging out anything they're simply being faithful and this is necessary to build up what comes.

It fits perfectly. Somebody calculated the episodes needed for arc 3 (considering the word count) and the result is arond 14 episodes.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jun 5, 2016 4:36 PM

Dec 2013
Clever use of Subaru's curse in this episode.

Action with Rem was intense! Her demon mode is still terrifying.

Ram flying through the air was hilarious!
Jun 5, 2016 4:37 PM

Apr 2015
ttcchen said:

Nah, they're absolutely fine with 14 episodes where the last one are likely to be double episode :)
Jun 5, 2016 4:40 PM

Oct 2014
Fappa said:
ttcchen said:

Nah, they're absolutely fine with 14 episodes where the last one are likely to be double episode :)

It would be amazing if they ended on a double episode
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
Jun 5, 2016 4:42 PM

Jul 2015
purpleninja0006 said:
Fappa said:

It would be amazing if they ended on a double episode

It's already been confirmed.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jun 5, 2016 4:47 PM

Mar 2015
@ttcchen

Just to back this guy up,
Sometimes791 said:
ttcchen said:

It fits perfectly. Somebody calculated the episodes needed for arc 3 (considering the word count) and the result is arond 14 episodes.

Don't ask me about the math, ask this guy who made it lol.

Sarnik said:
Now that I think about it, it's definitely better that Arc 2 ends at episode 11 rather than 10. Rem is going to be a really major character, so they need to establish her character properly for Arc 3 to have its impact.

I'm also not too worried about having 14 episodes for Arc 3. Just using a bit of math:

(88 chapters in Arc 3)/(50 chapters in Arc 2) * (8 episodes for Arc 2) = 14.08 episodes for Arc 3

If we consider word count instead and take the ratio between Arc 2 to Arc 1 into account:

(1,073,963 in Arc 3)/(432,675 in Arc 2)*(8 episodes for Arc 2)*(2*149,002 in Arc 1)/(432,675 in Arc 2) = 13.7 episodes for Arc 3

This is all assuming that the studio doesn't go the route of 4 episodes per volume of course.

Jun 5, 2016 4:54 PM

Sep 2011
I thought every time he tried to tell someone about "retuned by death", Subaru would get engulfed by fear so badly that he would become paralized and would be unable to talk about it again for some time.
It's nice that he used the curse in his favor, but also, since he was able to use it twice, then it is not even half as bad as I thought it was... He seemed to recover from it too fast even if this time he was expecting it
Great episode, nonetheless

ttcchen said:
As a LN reader, I don't quite like the anime's way of displaying the information.
For those who might be confused, this is what happened.
When Subaru got bitten by the mabeasts, each bite comes with a curse, and so because there's so many curses on him, betty can't undo them all. And how the curse work is when the mabeasts are hungry, they'll use their connection to Subaru to take mana from him. However, if they're dead, then the curses will fade. And rem believes it's her fault that Subaru got bitten, so she went into the forest to kill all the mabeasts herself. And it seems that she lost control of her demon power and mistaken subaru as an enemy. But, thankfully, by throwing ram towards her, subaru has diverted her attention, leaving an opening for him to cut her horn.

As an anime only I think the anime displayed all that information really well. All that was really easy to understand, I don't get how can anyone get confused by it =/
Jun 5, 2016 4:55 PM
Aug 2015
10/10 would see Ram again being thrown through the air. I'm really curious about the horn thing backstory hhmmm, okay now to go back at my "Cliffhanger's will end my life" corner ^^
Jun 5, 2016 5:08 PM

Nov 2015
Emilia still the best, even though she hasn't had a proper appearance in almost 3 episodes lol.
I still miss Reinhardt though :/
Jun 5, 2016 5:08 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Second Arc should end by the next episode. Some really kick-ass action, and Rem's a badass. Another cliffhanger, lol.

5/5
Jun 5, 2016 5:15 PM

Apr 2014
ttcchen said:
As a LN reader, I don't quite like the anime's way of displaying the information.
When Subaru got bitten by the mabeasts, each bite comes with a curse, and so because there's so many curses on him, betty can't undo them all. And how the curse work is when the mabeasts are hungry, they'll use their connection to Subaru to take mana from him. However, if they're dead, then the curses will fade. And rem believes it's her fault that Subaru got bitten, so she went into the forest to kill all the mabeasts herself. And it seems that she lost control of her demon power and mistaken subaru as an enemy. But, thankfully, by throwing ram towards her, subaru has diverted her attention, leaving an opening for him to cut her horn.

it wasnt even confusing at all in the anime, i understood it pretty well.
Jun 5, 2016 5:19 PM

Jul 2009
ttcchen said:

What the hell ttcchen? You did really good guesses during Rokka no Yuusha but can't think clearly on Re:Zero? Until now this series is being quite straightforward.

Mascera said:
Hornless demon but with extreme level magic, for ranged fight huh? Okay, I guess that's pretty fair enough.

Extreme level of magic? She had almost no mana left after 3 minutes

@topic: Sigh, those episodes feels more and more short...
Jun 5, 2016 5:25 PM
Jan 2013
ttcchen said:
I got all those from anime, well LN always more details.
Their adaptation still fine and I hope they are not gonna mess up like Utawarerumono false mask did.
Jun 5, 2016 5:31 PM

Apr 2013
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh this show is great, I wasn't sure how I felt about it after reading the concept at first but this show is definitely amazing.
Jun 5, 2016 5:44 PM

Jun 2014
ttcchen said:

This was actually what I understood from the episode...so don't worry for anime-only watcher, the anime is doing fine with how it's telling the information.
Jun 5, 2016 5:46 PM
Apr 2016
Can someone please tell me if subaru dies at the end of the episode ?
Jun 5, 2016 6:00 PM

Apr 2013
Another amazing episode. For once again I get to see my best grill in full psycho mode. Ram was nice is this ep and quite charming. Beako...just being Beako can't help but love her. Now Subaru, bro you have fcking guts. I like his development as of now and am eager to see what more will White Fox give us on this guy. Now now. I kept hearing that arc 2 would finish with episode 10 but looks like 11th ep will be the final for the arc. Now 14 episodes for arc 3? White Fox pliz don't screw this up *fingers crossed * .
Edit: Fck auto-correct!
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Jun 5, 2016 6:02 PM

Nov 2008
Blue hair girl where are you? I bet she's the last boss for this arc. xDD The puppy seems like a mid-boss familiar. xDD

ttcchen said:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) The anime explained it very clear. IDK where you get that idea from. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 5, 2016 6:05 PM

Dec 2013
Necromia said:

Ram can fly now!

Best scene this episode. Absolutely killed it!

One thing that pops up in my mind every single time we reach this stage.
Imagine Barusu's momentum takes him down too fast and he accidentally lops off Rem's horn...
The three of them are now stuck in the middle of the wolf pack, with none of them having the ability to fight back.
"Munch, gobble, snarf, chew, chomp, snap, crunch!" ensues and he watches all three of them die all over again.... fade to black....
Wakes up again in the Rosewall mansion and first thought in Barusu's mind "Fuck... not again!!"
Jealous witch in the back of his mind "Schadenfreude surprise, mofo!"

Yeah..... still don't like his greedy attitude of doing things he knows is outside his own abilities and wanting to save everyone when he knows he himself doesn't have the ability/power to do so.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 5, 2016 6:11 PM

Aug 2008
Excellent episode, as always.

At this point, it's obvious that Subaru's been cursed by the witch, to the point he realized it himself. The curse is activated whenever he dies, or, when he tries to reveal the existence of it (which attracts the attention of those sensitive about the witch's powers). Either way, it has as many pros as it has cons. In my opinion, it's only full of pros.
Can't get more OP then coming back to life by time traveling (sure, everyone else forgets about you, but you seem to get some save points if you do everything right and live through it...).

Anyway, it's hard to tell if he will live through this continuity, or if he will have to reset again. If he does have to reset, he at least will have more info on how to deal with the situation (as it tends to be the case after every reset). It might be painful though, losing the affection he's worked hard to get from the twins :p

This series sure has the thriller feel going for it.
Jun 5, 2016 6:12 PM
Jan 2013
White Fox is at it once again~ 5/5
Jun 5, 2016 6:15 PM

Jan 2011
oh look blue haired kid wasn't there to greet him that's not suspect at all!.

fights were good Subaru showing "some" guts really thought he was gonna use Ram as a bat lol
Jun 5, 2016 6:54 PM

Jun 2013
Another cliffhanger.

What an intense episode. I like that we can see how much the previous loops affected Subaru as he is so fixated on putting himself in danger again.

I can't wait for the third arc!
Jun 5, 2016 7:02 PM

Nov 2012
Man Rem is truly powerful, she was body bagging like crazy. I wonder who would win between her and Library sama.
Jaywalker.
Jun 5, 2016 7:14 PM

Apr 2014

puck is love ❤ puck is life
karmashizzleJun 5, 2016 7:18 PM
Jun 5, 2016 7:14 PM
Jan 2013
purpleninja0006 said:

People said it's a reference to name of magic in Laputa anime, and also it's a way Ram teasing Subaru.
Jun 5, 2016 7:15 PM

Sep 2014
Midou89 said:
Like the anime but kind of wish this arc would have ended this episode.

10 episodes in and it seems like we still haven't got what the main plot is going to be.

That is pretty much how I feel :P
Jun 5, 2016 7:16 PM

Aug 2015
Another great episode. Subaru was clever in this one using the witch's scent like that.
Jun 5, 2016 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
Epicenter said:
Man Rem is truly powerful, she was body bagging like crazy. I wonder who would win between her and Library sama.

I think the "where" they fight would be most important.

Betty held off both Ram and "the greatest mage(it was mage right?) in the kingdom" at the same time while in the mansion but didn't think she could stop Ram away from it.

I think in the mansion Betty easily has it, and outside of it Rem would easily have it
Jun 5, 2016 7:32 PM
Apr 2015
the goosebumps. the cliffhanger. that feeling of 25 minutes compressed into 5.

Re: Zero you've done it again
Jun 5, 2016 7:38 PM
May 2016
Let me guess
next episode about the twins' past (probably could happen)
Jun 5, 2016 7:43 PM

Feb 2016
I found this episode a bit lackluster compared to what I have gotten used to seeing from this show.
Great episode nonetheless! I hope we get to see Ram and Rem's past soon.
4/5
Jun 5, 2016 7:50 PM
Mar 2016
James278 said:
I found this episode a bit lackluster compared to what I have gotten used to seeing from this show.
Great episode nonetheless! I hope we get to see Ram and Rem's past soon.
4/5
yeah same here. it's still good but after the previous episodes all being 5s, this is more of a 4

hopefully they step things up next one
Jun 5, 2016 7:54 PM

Jun 2013
Another great episode, but that cliffhanger fucking sucked!
Jun 5, 2016 7:56 PM

Apr 2015
everytime i see an episode from Re:Zero i feel like i want more 20 minutes per episode.

Great Episode.
Jun 5, 2016 8:26 PM

Aug 2015
Yes! I was hoping Subaru survived after being mauled by those Mabeasts. I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Today

29 by Shoujoaddict »»
43 seconds ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Yesterday, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.