Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 6, 2016 2:59 PM

Jun 2008
Hyped for the next episode, this is gonna be the first serious arc in DB Super.
Jun 6, 2016 4:27 PM
Feb 2015
I hope the next episode is evil as fuck. We need more cell sucking peoples insides to death, more dark moments of true danger.

The black thing trunks was fighting in the preview looks really cool, i wonder if that is blackgoku or possibly he has minions.

Omg im so hype
Jun 6, 2016 5:42 PM

Mar 2009
So glad this arc is over. The next arc looks hype, though!
Jun 6, 2016 7:27 PM

Jun 2013
nice filler action
Jun 6, 2016 9:50 PM

Jan 2014
Oh, man that preview O.O

Looks like the music sets the mood differently from what we have seen so far.

Also, future young adult Mai and future Trunks :'D

Looks like my ship still sails ^.^

Don't judge me! My shipping heart over rides most creepiness :P
TheCrimsonEyeJun 7, 2016 3:56 PM

Jun 6, 2016 9:59 PM

Mar 2014
I didn't give give a shit about this episode, I was just in it for the preview. That was until they continued to disrespect Vegeta's development, but that's neither here nor there.

Can't wait for next week, the beginning of the arc that has the potential to surpass Namek & Androids.
Jun 6, 2016 11:08 PM

Dec 2015
daman246 said:
this whole filler made no sense, I mean since when was Normal State Vegeta stronger than SSj3 Gotenks? oi looks like the creators went ahead and gave vegeta a boost of about 1000 times, and the whole questionable plot of a slime that can somehow absorb God powers, what kind of stupidity is this, Glad is over.
did they not watch the tournament fights? vegeta had to transform into SSj to fight against the metal dude and friezas lookalike, and even against the newly turn SSJ little kid, this will give you some idea about Vegeta and Gokus Normal state power. no way Gotenks SSj3 loses to normal state vegeta or even SSj Vegeta.

Pretty much shows how ignorant you are.
Fellaini is God
Jun 6, 2016 11:09 PM

Apr 2010
Oh, what? Weird. But these newer episodes aren't filler though, I assume? Future Trunks seems like it'd be canon..

No these episodes are filler. The Future Trunks arc is canon though.
Jun 7, 2016 12:47 AM

Jun 2015
Lol vegeta saved by just luck, next episode looks boring tho.
Jun 7, 2016 2:38 AM

Apr 2013
Light-Yagami-God said:
Lol vegeta saved by just luck, next episode looks boring tho.

Sarcastic much? We are finally getting an arc where real danger is present, which up until now, totally absent in DBS.

- Beerus? You think he would so easily destroy the Earth, where all delicacies reside?
- Frieza? He cowers at the sight of Beerus, all tension went poof instantly.
- Champa? Obviously to let the show retain its name "Dragon Ball", Goku and co would win by default.

Hopefully we can see some sense of danger which was always present throughout DB and DBZ with this new arc.

Jun 7, 2016 6:48 AM
Aug 2014
Woah, there a lot of varying receptions of this episode, and this arc. Like most of you I enjoyed this episode for the action, Vegeta and Trunk's bond, and the preview at the end.

The comedy irks me, so I hated Jaco's nonsense, Monaka's victorious misstep, and seeing Vegeta look like Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho).

Tokoya and Fartell-sama, you're both right about the shift to a darker more serious tone in the net arc. As Scabab pointed out, that's probably due to Toriyama's writing.

I'm surprised to see so many of you describing this arc as pointless or stupid. Maybe it had nothing to do with recent main events, but side sagas are nothing new. For a 3 episode filler, this could have been a lot worse. Instead of saiyan-slice-of-life, they actually went to another planet to fight an evil alien, so I thoroughly enjoyed Planet Potaufue's.

As for the next arc? I'm equally as excited as everyone else. "Black" certainly looks demonic. His name might prove to be a connection to the old Red Ribbon Army. Maybe Staff Officer Black got a wish...but probably not. I don't care what color Trunk's hair is, and I doubt it's in honor of his mother's death as we see Bulma working on a machine. Did anyone else see Mai all grown up (again)? Looks like she really did make Trunks her boyfriend...Kinda creepy when you think about her real age.

Oh! And check out my review: https://thefletchzone.wordpress.com/2016/06/06/dbsuper-potafue-finale/
Jun 7, 2016 8:35 AM

Feb 2016
audioaddict13 said:
I'm surprised to see so many of you describing this arc as pointless or stupid
What I meant by pointless was that it had nothing to do with the main storyline. Yeah, side arcs are nothing new in Dragon Ball, but in my opinion that isn't something I can give it the benefit of doubt for either. It irked me in DBZ and it still does.
Jun 7, 2016 6:26 PM

Aug 2012
Finally it's over *yawn* It's a battle between the two MCs but it's so boring with them constantly saying "It's time to settle this!!" Plus a lame joke with pacifier Vegeta. Next arc seems promising though.
-Shinrei-Jun 7, 2016 6:29 PM
Jun 8, 2016 2:22 AM

Oct 2008
Highlight of the episode! Vegeta doesn't know who to root for? Clone Vegeta or Kakarrotto!
Vegeta sucking a pacifier was glorious to see!
Monaka saved the day woohooo!
I had so many laughs in this single episode!
5/5!!!

Edit: Next arc Future Trunks arc! so excited to the HYPE!

Jun 9, 2016 3:32 AM

Apr 2013
Thank god this horrible filler story is over... now off to the next arc, how will Toei screw this up I wonder?
Jun 9, 2016 4:25 AM

Nov 2008
I'm trilled for the next arc!
Jun 9, 2016 5:13 AM

Mar 2014
This little arc was really great, the animation has been much better ever since the galactic tournament arc, but I feel like it even got a bit of an extra boost during this arc.

Also, HOLY SHIT! Future Trunks!

I wonder if they'll work in the Future Trunks story into the whole multiple universes thing. I mean, they'd almost have to, right?
In any case, I'm really excited to see more of that futuristic, post-apocalyptic world. It seems like we might be getting a deeper look into it than ever before.
::End of Transmission::

Jun 10, 2016 2:18 PM

Jan 2015
Great episode, it was cool to see a little fight between Goku and Vegeta; and Monaka saving the day again!! lol
but

FUCK YEAH FUTURE TRUNKS!! I FEEL THAT THIS NEXT ARC IS GOING TO BE EPIC!
Jun 10, 2016 7:58 PM

Nov 2009
scabab said:
Toriyama had nothing to do with this episode. The episodes between the Universe 6 saga and this Future Trunks saga episode next week are just filler, made to give Toriyama time to write these sagas out.

Thank god for that...thanks for the info.

Madara22 said:
How could Vegeta not know it was a pacifier !! :/ He has a son ....

Agreed...the stupid things they do (like ruining Vegeta's character altogether) for the sake of comedy...

Future Trunks arc time, finally!! That's all I have to say.
Jun 11, 2016 3:37 AM

Feb 2008
kwonshin said:
Monaka will save the day again on the next Future Trunks Arc. Heed my words!!

He's like Mr Satan was in the Buu Saga.
Jun 12, 2016 10:00 AM

Apr 2011
Vegeta with pacifier...Priceless haha

That change of atmosphere in the end...

Jun 14, 2016 7:30 PM
Feb 2015
ZOMG! I was wondering why Vegeta put that pacifier in his mouth so quickly and nonchalantly...
He didn't even know what it was :P

AND ZOMG AGAIN!!! Monaka is truly the strongest.
Jun 17, 2016 2:50 PM

Apr 2015
Ofc Monako gets the credits XDD. Naicu episode. Can't wait for next ep tho.
Jul 3, 2016 6:34 AM

Dec 2015
The only reason this episode was worth it:

Jul 16, 2016 2:16 AM

May 2014
Geez, have 6 more ep. to watch. The break I took were waaaaayy too long. Finally I am back.

Anyways, the fight were good and intense, but I really wanted Goku use his new technique he used against Hit in the previous arc. Regardless the fight were good and Vegeta got really humiliated there. The best part were when he put pacifier in his mouth without knowing what it's used for. Hahah, that was so hilarious and funny. Actually cute too. :P

Damn you spoiler, but I waited way too long. But yes, future Trunks is back. I can't wait to see him in action. Next ep. is gonna be good, but isn't his hair changed a bit. Maybe it was just because it were dark, but the color were not 100 % same as the old classic DBZ. :/ ANyways, looking forward to watch this.
Jul 16, 2016 2:18 AM

May 2014
Linkmstr said:
skitzo said:

ah ok but kid Trunks have purple color now a days just like what Future Trunks in Dragonball Z did

Well, Kid Trunks also had purple hair back in DBZ too... >_>;;

Well, you'll just have to wait for (or ask) Toriyama to explain why Future Trunks in DBS has blue hair. ;p

Yeah, I asked myself the same. But after being a animefan for a long time, you start to notice that hair color can change in the darkness. Not a totally change like this, but it's not as bright as in light. But this is far beyond, so I am a bit confused. :/
Jul 29, 2016 1:07 PM

Jul 2016
A sequel of 3 filler episodes @_@
Dec 6, 2016 3:31 PM

Nov 2009
Enjoyed the mini arc we just had there, thought the whole thing was fun and I did get a good kick out of Monaka destroying the core of the Superhuman Water.

Next arc looks super promising!
Dec 8, 2016 5:02 PM

Mar 2010
Monaka is the new Satan lol.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 31, 2016 5:03 AM

Jun 2015
Loll it looks like EternalSerenity already mentioned it, but I feel like this whole arc is just satirizing GT. If the clone Vegeta wasn't a clear enough reference to the GT villain, they straight up gave Vegeta a pacifier. As if to say "Look how ridiculous and silly this Baby Vegeta is! Just like in GT!"
Feb 23, 2017 12:13 PM

Dec 2015
It's pretty irritating to see Goku not take the fight seriously even though a person's life is on the line, I feel like his brain has shrinked in size ever since DBZ.

Lol what a lame ending, Monaka accidentally stepped on the stone...wtf...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 2, 2017 7:17 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Monaka the hero!!! kekeke
Jun 29, 2019 11:12 PM

Dec 2012
Vegeta went right through him.
Goku goes SSGSS.
Faker Vegeta can go SSGSS as well.
Vegeta put it in his mouth.
Monaka crushed it.
HA!!!
Faker Vegeta is gone.
lol at Goku bringing up Vegeta having a pacifier in his mouth.
Of course Vegeta didn't know.
Hold on... is that?
Destruction.
It's Future Trunks. Blue hair?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 9, 2020 3:10 AM

Aug 2012
Can't say I cared much for the Copy-Vegeta arc, but if nothing else, Vegeta and the Pacifier made it all worth it.
Jan 30, 2021 4:09 AM

Jun 2019
Monaka saves the day.
Apr 14, 2021 10:21 AM

Jan 2013
Oh damn, Future Trunks at the end there!

Really been enjoying Super but there's been no real pressure, even with Beerus, you know he's just a silly god that wants to have a bit of fun toying with the universe and Goku.
Gold Frieza just felt like a way to bring back an old villain when you know there's no way he'd beat Goku.
And Universe 6 fighting vs Universe 7 was just a tournament.

I'm not saying they weren't fun but compare that to the pressure the villains had in DBZ, Saiyans, Frieza, Androids, Cell and Buu, that just felt like it had a lot more pressure. - Even Garlic Jr.

So it's good to see a preview that hopefully has a more serious arc finally.
May 8, 2021 2:27 PM

Jan 2010
Was this miniarc just an excuse to get Vegeta with a pacifier?

Anyways, Dragon Ball really needs to stop giving time limits if it doesn't stick to them. This is reminding me of Namek's five minute destruction countdown.
Dec 11, 2022 9:08 AM

Nov 2020
Kind of good episode.
Jan 7, 12:28 PM

Jan 2021
Veget5a sucking on a pacifier... Golden TV right there
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

79 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

95 by Daninokuni »»
Apr 15, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 131 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

285 by AnimeGuardAngle1 »»
Apr 14, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

58 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 11, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2015

72 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 11, 5:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.