Forums

Best and Worst character out of the person aboves favorites

New
Pages (156) « First ... « 59 60 [61] 62 63 » ... Last »
Mar 2, 2020 1:59 AM

Dec 2018
Best: Yang Wen-Li

Worst: Shinji Ikari
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made full-metal."

~Edward Elric
Mar 2, 2020 2:11 AM

May 2012
Yang? You sure do like Mary Sues - but do you really know him? I follow suit and gonna pick a Gary as well.

B: L
W: Suzaku
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N 🀍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
Mar 2, 2020 2:31 PM

Aug 2018
B: Holo
W: Ritsu

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Mar 2, 2020 5:24 PM

Dec 2018
Best: Askeladd

Worst: Spike Spiegel (easily)
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made full-metal."

~Edward Elric
Mar 2, 2020 7:58 PM
Jul 2018
B: Kurapika, L and Todoroki

W: Greed

(Next person: pick characters from my custom list on my bio under the spoiler tag “Characters “)
Mar 2, 2020 8:05 PM

Jan 2014
Best: Taiga

Worst: Ichigo
Mar 2, 2020 10:32 PM

Dec 2018
Best: Ichika Nakano

Worst: Ryouko Hakubi

~Edward Elric
Mar 3, 2020 4:17 AM
Jul 2018
All your characters are the worst
Mar 3, 2020 4:56 AM

Sep 2017
Best : Edward Elric

Worst : Saitama
Mar 3, 2020 5:09 AM
Aug 2019
Best:gintoki
Worst:louis
Mar 3, 2020 5:11 AM

May 2017
Best is Holo, but open to a few of the other ones I don't know, but know are good.

Worst is Mashiro Shiina. Then again never finished that series. Didn't like her.
Current Events Thread Topics...
Not even once.
Mar 3, 2020 5:26 AM

Dec 2018
Best: Kusanagi

Worst: Kojirou/James

~Edward Elric
Mar 4, 2020 4:15 AM

Nov 2019
best; pika

worse; akame
misato > asuka > rei
Mar 5, 2020 2:16 AM

Dec 2018
Best: Kakashi-sensei

Worst: Tetsuro Kuro
345EdwardElricMar 5, 2020 4:33 AM

~Edward Elric
Mar 5, 2020 2:30 AM
Jul 2018
Best: mah boi L

Worst: Akame..............................EUGH!
Mar 5, 2020 2:38 AM

Dec 2018
Best: My boy Ed

Worst: IDK....Jotaro or Lucy?

~Edward Elric
Mar 5, 2020 3:12 AM
May 2019
Best: So many good choices. I'm gonna go with Akame this time

Worst: Thorfinn
Mar 5, 2020 4:22 AM

Nov 2019
misato

n/a
misato > asuka > rei
Mar 5, 2020 4:29 AM

Dec 2018
Best: Envy

Worst: Shinji Ikari obviously

~Edward Elric
Mar 5, 2020 4:32 AM

Jun 2011
Best: L

Worst: Suzaku. I really didn't like that guy.
Mar 6, 2020 1:33 AM

Feb 2019
B: Holo
W: Umiko relatively
Mar 6, 2020 10:32 AM
πŸ₯š

Feb 2016
B: Johan
W: Kyouko

"If you want to change the future, you only need to choose now. Now, believe in yourself and break the egg."

🌻

Anime|Manga|Last.fm|Letterboxd
Mar 6, 2020 10:35 AM

Sep 2017
Best : <-
Worst : Shinji Ikari
Mar 6, 2020 12:02 PM

Aug 2017
Best: Gintoki

Worst: Kazuma

Mar 7, 2020 2:03 AM

Dec 2018
Best: Kakashi

Worst: Tetsuro

~Edward Elric
Mar 7, 2020 6:55 AM

Nov 2019
suzaku for a change

kurapika or greed
misato > asuka > rei
Mar 7, 2020 7:07 AM

Dec 2018
Best: Elmer C. Albatross for a change

Worst: It's always gonna be Shinji Ikari, as long as you have him in your favourites, cuz it's very, very hard indeed to get worser than him. ;)

~Edward Elric
Mar 7, 2020 7:14 AM

Jun 2011
EpicSaxGirl said:
Best: L

Worst: Suzaku. I really didn't like that guy.
Mar 7, 2020 9:34 AM

Jan 2014
Best: Takamura
Worst: Light
Mar 7, 2020 9:36 AM

Oct 2019
best: chitoge (haven't seen everything these chars are from though)
worst: subaru

Mar 7, 2020 9:51 AM

May 2012
345EdwardElric said:

Worst: It's always gonna be Shinji Ikari, as long as you have him in your favourites, cuz it's very, very hard indeed to get worser than him. ;)

It does, actually. Look no further than in your own favorites. I reckon you watched only the anime, right? Then prologue Thorfinn can quite easily match + trump Shinji + 4-5 others. -g-

Anyway:

Best: Reki

Worst: C.Father
(For his strong aversion against tomatoes. Still remains a favorite of mine)

D W-W&N 🀍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
Mar 7, 2020 10:46 AM

Dec 2018
crescensXG said:

It does, actually. Look no further than in your own favorites. I reckon you watched only the anime, right? Then prologue Thorfinn can quite easily match + trump Shinji + 4-5 others. -g-

No, it certainly doesn't. Shinji's characterization throughout the show is done in such an atrocious/awful manner that it's literally impossible to miss if we judge in context of how he was depicted at the beginning of the show & how he is at the end of the show. The show depicts him as heavily flawed in a certain manner and continues to depict him in the very same way throughout the show, from the very beginning to the very end, without any change/development or even the slightest of attempts to make him come in terms to his flaws or anything. He is made to go through a ton of suffering & hardships, but still after going through all that experience he still just continues to act in the very same way, like a complete & total escapist all the time which barely has much of a justification. There are far better ways to deal with/depict a character's flawed side than utterly shoving the flaw down the viewer's throats by depicting him in the very same flawed fashion throughout the entire show, that's really not a good example of storytelling. It's just simply gets repetitive to the point of annoyance if the character is depicted in that very same flawed manner all the time, right from the start to finish, without the slightest amount of change or development. Like we get it, Shinji has faced harsh situations throughout his life which is why he has tendency to often run away from his problems. But depict his character in that very exact same manner throughout the show all the time? That's really overdoing it to the point of repetitiveness.

Judging in context of how Shinji's character went through the entire show, it's not a stretch to say that his characterization was done very poorly indeed, in a very repetitive/stagnant fashion. So yeah, getting worser than Shinji characterization wise is, IMO, really, really hard.
345EdwardElricMar 7, 2020 10:53 AM

~Edward Elric
Mar 7, 2020 10:52 AM

Feb 2019
345EdwardElric said:
crescensXG said:

No, it certainly doesn't. Shinji characterization throughout the show is done in such an atrocious/awful manner that it's literally impossible to miss if we judge in context of how he was depicted at the beginning of the show & how he is at the end of the show. The show depicts him as heavily flawed in a certain manner and continues to depict him in the very same way throughout the show, from the very beginning to the very end, without any change/development or even the slightest of attempts to make him come in terms to his flaws or anything. He is made to go through a ton of suffering & hardships, but still after going through all that experience he still just continues to act in the very same way, like a complete & total escapist all the time which barely has much of a justification. There are far better ways to deal with/depict a character's flawed side than utterly shoving the flaw down the viewer's throats by depicting him in the very same flawed fashion throughout the entire show, that's really not a good example of storytelling. It's just simply gets repetitive to the point of annoyance if the character is depicted in that very same flawed manner all the time, right from the start to finish, without the slightest amount of change or development. Like we get it, Shinji has faced harsh situations throughout his life which is why he has tendency to often run away from his problems. But depict his character in that very exact same manner throughout the show all the time? That's really overdoing it to the point of repetitiveness.

Judging in context of how Shinji's character went through the entire show, it's not a stretch to say that his characterization was done very poorly indeed, in a very repetitive/stagnant fashion. So yeah, getting worser than Shinji characterization wise is, IMO, really, really hard.

I'm seconding whatever he's saying.

OT:
B: L
W: Suzaku
Mar 7, 2020 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
Best: Kishibe Rohan

Worst: GRIFFITH!!!!
Mar 7, 2020 11:13 AM

May 2012
@345EdwardElric Broken record? I could swear that I read this from you quite a couple times. -g-

I'm also the wrong person to defend NGE as it has has so many issues with the narrative and presentation. Though I think that is what makes it so memorable. It is a flawed work about flawed people in a flawed world. At first it was so stunning that I disliked it years ago due to pushing viewers into uncomfortable boundaries, but as time passed, I matured and realized life sucks and then I considered it a decent work. Also Shinji is quite relatable for a lot of people, not for me though, and kinda hit home.

I appreciate the series for, as mentioned, making everyone uncomfortable and creating a conversation. I consider that factor to be important in a lot of things.

Thorfinn is just an edgelord without knowledge about his reformation and the huge stuff that is yet to be animated. ;)

Thanks for skipping me btw -g-

OT

B: Kenshiro
W: Lucy
(Even though she's a lot more bearable due to the anime being shorter than the source)
crescensXGMar 7, 2020 11:17 AM

D W-W&N 🀍

Mar 8, 2020 7:01 PM

Sep 2017
Best : Squealer
Worst : Aside from Squealer, I only know Yasuri and she's quite a good character, but with a twister personnality...so I guess I'll choose her ?
Mar 8, 2020 11:58 PM

Feb 2019
B: lots of good chara, maybe go with We Wuxian now

W: If to be done, Naru
Mar 9, 2020 12:04 AM

Oct 2012
B Kira
W faving Griffith is illegal
Mar 9, 2020 12:28 AM

Dec 2018
Best: Killua

Worst: Spike

~Edward Elric
Mar 9, 2020 12:31 AM

Jan 2020
Best: Kurapika

Worst: Todoroki

Mar 9, 2020 12:33 AM

Dec 2018
Best: Killua

Worst: Speed-O-Sound Sonic (he's still good though)

~Edward Elric
Mar 9, 2020 12:47 AM

Oct 2012
Best L
Worst naruto
Mar 9, 2020 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
B: Spike
W: Guts
Mar 9, 2020 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
Best: Shinobu Oshino

Worst: Gintoki

Acqsu said:
B: Spike
W: Guts

WHAT?! You don’t like Guts?!
removed-userMar 9, 2020 1:58 PM
Mar 9, 2020 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
@Hokuto_no_Lied You don't like Gintoki?! our lord and saviour!? Which Shinobu btw lol

B: Alucard
W: Godzilla
Mar 9, 2020 6:06 PM

Dec 2018
Best: Rin Tohsaka

Worst: Shinobu Oshino

~Edward Elric
Mar 9, 2020 6:10 PM

Dec 2019
Best: Levi

Worst: Suzaku
                                                         πŸ–€   

Pages (156) « First ... « 59 60 [61] 62 63 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» lowercase chat thread v.21 ghouls and goblins edition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Oct 13, 2023

5544 by 6EyedBastard »»
21 seconds ago

» Most attractive character from the above favourites ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Moe_Blob - Sep 5, 2018

7622 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
26 seconds ago

» The two above user's fight to the death. Who wins? ( 1 2 3 )

GhostOutOfShell - Mar 19, 2018

146 by 6EyedBastard »»
54 seconds ago

» Party time. ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Telecom - Oct 7, 2023

202 by camay1997 »»
55 seconds ago

» I would send you a friend request, but... (finish the thought) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IpreferEcchi - Dec 11, 2017

5208 by 6EyedBastard »»
2 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.