Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 4, 2016 9:20 PM

Jan 2016
2edgy4me.

Seriously though, this episode was oozing with teenage angst and stays true to whatever preconceived notion you may have had of this show. That being said, this episode made the show cross over the corniness threshold. The premise of teenagers sharing emotions sound pretty edgy but it managed to avoid that for the most part until this episode. A lot of things felt pulled out of it's ass like how the Kizna system magically shows everyone's feelings and how Nori was bonded to the main character since they were childhood friends (of course).

How could Chidori love a deadpan character for years? How could the innocent Nico love the brash Tenga? I dunno, the show just expects you to accept it because they're main characters that are teenagers so they don't HAVE to show them develop a bond that allows you to see where they are coming from so the whole exaggerated melodrama came out looking unbearably stupid.
"Being kind to everyone, simply means there's no one special." - Arararagi Koyomi Onii-chan
Jun 4, 2016 9:30 PM

Dec 2013
LoL. Congratulations Nori-Chan. Your experiment ended in success. You ended up breaking them all like what happened 10 years ago.
So is Agata considered doubly broken now? Up to the end he retains his lack of ability to pick up on social cues. He's still just listening to orders and following them, be it with Tenga telling him to chase Chidori, or be it Chidori's internal request for him to hold her. He still lacks a personality, and a sense of self. He's seriously the most easily manipulated character I've seen in a long time now.

Looking forward to seeing what comes next, because all the drama has to end somewhere, no?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 4, 2016 9:41 PM

Sep 2013
I feel awful for both Honoka and Niko.

As for Chidori, I don't feel bad at all. That card has been overplayed so much to the point where I honestly don't care about her anymore. She legitimately has no reason to like Agata at this point when he's clearly not interested. A brick has more personality than Agata.

If I had to choose who to date, I'd legit will take a Brick to the Cheesecake Factory over Agata....I'll even buy the Brick some food, knowing full well a Brick will not eat it and I will waste my money.

Now I don't hate Agata, but I don't see the appeal that Chidori sees.

All in all, this was very powerful episode. The emotions in this were insane and the characters thoughts are now connected as well, which causes more anguish. I'm excited to see whats going to happen next.

Jun 4, 2016 10:06 PM
Feb 2016
I really hope Katsuhira doesn't go the Chidori route. She pisses me off and shes super self centered and its so annoying. I'd love to see Noriko and Katsuhira happen to be honest, I really like their connection (IMO) I like how deep it's going but I'm thinking it's gonna be a shit ending but I could be super wrong, just a feeling is all. We shall see...
Jun 4, 2016 10:13 PM
Jan 2015
I don't get this show's emotional appeal at this point but I think it's the most ambitious this season. And I am happy with the route it is taking right now. What a way to do highschool drama clothed with some high end concept.

PS: Here's my blog and I also do a weekly overview with these shows. Thanks for paying a visit!
Jun 4, 2016 10:31 PM

Sep 2011
Mari Okada strikes again with her patented forced melodrama.

Chidori, Tenga, and Nico get unreasonably upset over things they were already blatantly aware of. Honoka either regressed completely or never actually developed during her episode. It really is sad that Katsuhira, the literal blank slate, is the most likable character in the show. Well, him and the token comic relief masochist.
Jun 4, 2016 10:46 PM

Apr 2011
SimplyKairi said:
I can't be the only one who felt the pain

omg are connected??? Kiznaivers??? Lol

But forreal tho 10/10
Totally felt the tension and teared up when they were able to start hearing what each other were feeling.
Jun 4, 2016 11:00 PM

Sep 2011
Lmao. I don't even. Not sure if I should laugh at all the melodrama because that's what the show is aiming for or if I should laugh at myself for still watching this. Either way, this show is just going downwards. I honestly didn't expect so much melodrama.
Jun 4, 2016 11:18 PM

Dec 2015
I CRINGED JUST LIKE WHEN I WATCHED TWILIGHT!!!!
Jun 4, 2016 11:20 PM

Aug 2013
Ever since the show reached the point where it started to address Maki's past, I felt like the writing was just getting better and more intense.

This episode was nuts. It was damn hard to watch. So much emotion progressing so fast and it all exploded.

A lot of people are giving the show flak for being full of angst now and whatnot, but that's kind of the point.

The entire premise of the show is to test and grow the bonds of a few random people who struggle to get through this bat shit crazy missions given to them and develop a friendship. When you put a bunch of guys and girls together who start developing feelings for each other, this is bound to happen.

That's what makes this episode so good. Every has either been through, or knows someone who has been through some kind of emotional breakup or relationship at some point. Hell, even just some kind of emotional trauma in general. As an outsider, most people would be like "ah, well that sucks. you'll find someone else, etc". Not thinking that it's a big deal because it's kind of typical. But, we don't even have the slightest clue; we cant even possibly fathom, the pain that somebody we know might've gone through in a particular situation.

That entirely what this episode led up to. We generally knew the feelings that Tenga, Chidori, and Nico had...but we had no idea the extent of it. Now mix in the fact that they went from feeling only physical pain - to emotional pain in a fairly short amount of time. THEN they went from feeling emotional pain to hearing each others thoughts and amplifying that emotional pain extremely fast. They probably aren't even adjusted yet, but their Kizuna powers keep rapidly developing.

Then combine:
- Chidori's emotional pain + hearing her thoughts along with that pain
- Nicos emotional pain + hearing her thoughts along with that pain
- Tenga's emotional pain + hearing his thoughts
- Kacchon's physical pain from getting destroyed by Tenga
- Kaccon's emotional pain from his heart scar with Noriko

And then there was a dual layer of pain. Everyone had emotional pain due to the fighting and trying to make sense of what was going on out on the track; Tenga's anger, Nico trying to stop the fighting. And on top of their physical words which were causing pain, they kept hearing each others thoughts about the other circumstances, and that was causing even more pain. I mean just in that scene they were all basically holding 2 sets of conversations all at the same time.

And when you feel the pain of 7 people 7 times over, and then doubled again due to the two conversations, it's very realistic that everything literally and figuratively just broke in that instant. It all happened so suddenly and so dramatically that it became unavoidable. That's what made this episode so damn good.
Jun 4, 2016 11:22 PM

Oct 2009
*starts flipping tables everywhere* ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ ... ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ ... ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ ... ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ ... ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ ... ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ ... ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ ... ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ ... ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ ... ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ ...

This episode in a nutshell... ITAIIIIIII!
I don't even care anymore if my ships are sinking so hard lmao. The unrequited love concept is really well executed and is pretty much what happens in Real Life and it hurts soooooo bad ;___ ;
Ahhhhhh REAL LIFE WHYYY?! *bawls*

MY POOR BABIES!! </3 </3

This part was really really heartbreaking. Like you want him to hold you but at the same time you don't want to cause he's being a jerk who's hurting your kokoro xD
SO ON POINT!
*hugs Chidori* ;___;

This one too!! Poor Tenga. UGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH I REALLY LOVE HOW THIS STUPID THING IS SO FREAKING COMPLICATED ahahahahaha

I just wanted for Hisomu to be more involved in this episode though. Aside from him realizing that feeling pain doesn't always feel good, I wanted him to be more emotionally involved with the other characters. idk... maybe he should've also LIKED NICO.... and so on and so forth, so that it would really be a huge emotional mess for all of them MUAHAHAHAHAH
FEEL THE PAIN!!!!!! FEEL THE BURRRNNN

Jun 4, 2016 11:24 PM

May 2009
Fucking best episode so far. Only shame that Chidori's shitness made Tenga into hypocritial asshole. Hopefully he redeem himself in next episode because it's too late for that dumb cunt.
Also, I hope people don't hate Katsuhira because he's "autistic". He wants to be normal.
BTW: Nico was into Tenga since summer trip - some people thought she was trying to be an attention whore but scenes like comparing herself to Chidori (in bathroom for example) were giveaways.
Jun 4, 2016 11:24 PM
Apr 2014
Maaaan~~~ This episode has hit me so hard right in the kokoro~~ ;_;

Itai~~~
Jun 4, 2016 11:46 PM

Oct 2009
I was just laughing & cringing the entire time. Everything is so forced and overblown, oh my god. The Maki backstory episodes had me fooled, I thought this show was going to get better.
Jun 5, 2016 12:20 AM

Sep 2015
I really enjoyed this episode but I do agree with those who said it was unpleasant to sit through. I just kind of enjoyed that, I think it did it really well.
I will say though it really sucked me in with the flashbacks and the Katsuhira/Noriko scene in general and I kind of got annoyed when it abruptly ended and the other characters showed up
Jun 5, 2016 12:48 AM

May 2012
im sorry but im really againts chidori, she is a fucking mess. whatever happens to Nico is the same thing that happens to her. literally. i feel like everyone is just insane apart from yuuta and honoka.

holy shit i mean, Chidori drag everyone with her with her idea of wanting Katsuhira even after knowing he doesnt like her. of course she doesnt realize that Tenga likes her and i dont get why Tenga insist of getting them together eventhough its hurting him so much (talk about emotion control damn hes good)

I agree on what Nico said -

the fact that chidori just cant accept the fact that katsuhira like sonozaki and doesnt feel the same for her is just childish and selfish.

Katsuhira is as dense as ever.

Honoka expectation on friendship gets ruined.

Yuuta probably knows everything and probably the most sane guys among all those kizzbaiverssss.

Nico .. my poor Nico... T_T

Sonozaki trynna stop Urushii from telling what happens to the first kiznass experiment.

and Hisomu - have no idea why hes even part of them.

My guess is that, all the pain is still inside Sonozaki thats why she took those shots ( probably painkiller).
In the past, probably similar thing happens and Sonozaki figure out its because of her thats why she suicide (trynna but dk what actually happen whether she did or was saved)

and apparently, sonozaki might be urushii daughter...
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jun 5, 2016 1:46 AM

Mar 2016
HaXXspetten said:
When did Trigger start making teenage love dramas?

When they hired Okada Mari
No seriously.
Jun 5, 2016 1:56 AM

Mar 2016
Wait I thought Kacchon was gonna turn into a titan ........
No seriously.
Jun 5, 2016 2:31 AM

Apr 2015
Now they repeated the same thing that happened with the first experiment. The more they're getting closer, they will ended up broken.

However, Katsuhira doesn't seem to be hurting, as probably because everyone didn't found themself in him, except for Nori-chan. She have some connection with him that somehow made his memories to regain.
Jun 5, 2016 2:44 AM

Jan 2014
guess mari didn't learn anything after doing kokosake's climax...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2016 2:55 AM
May 2016
Everyone: It hurts...

Me: Next episode pls. (;-; )
Jun 5, 2016 3:04 AM

Oct 2014
I hope Sonozaki has a good reason for making them undergo such a fucking cruel experiment because the amount of hate i have for her right now is way too high. Poor guys never had a say in this...
why
Jun 5, 2016 3:09 AM

May 2015
HyperL said:
zal said:
How much I love the dialogues between Katsuhira and Sonozaki zzz zzz zzz
At least it recovered in the second half, probably best comedy of the season (imo).

-_- Wasn't that Mayoiga?
Mayoiga is not a comedy, it is just terrible. However I tend to laugh with this kind of over the top melodrama.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2016 3:35 AM

Sep 2009
Well damn. The second half was chock full of Okada melodrama feels.

atngone said:
i was crying so badly.It was so sad and painful kinda. Reminded me of Nagi no Asukara,

Yeah I remember at one point in Nagi no Asukara, everyone's one-sided feelings got revealed and there was a lot of angst and awkwardness. If Okada is pulling the same stunt for Kiznaiver,
Jun 5, 2016 3:52 AM

Oct 2014
Oh my... I never thought that i would hate Chidori and Tenga that much...
So basically, what's happening now is exactly the same as 10 years ago, everyone is breaking up, but I guess this time, Kacchon isn't feeling jack shit...
Still, it seems like this guy had a pretty shitty life so far, and I'm left wondering why has nobody asked him about it. I mean, at this point, everybody else in the world would've asked him about his past and stuff, even more so now that everyone knows he has been part of this experimentation when he was a kid...
Now I'm left wondering if Sonozaki true intention is not to just give Kacchon is pain back with the Kiznaiver experiment.
Jun 5, 2016 4:02 AM

Dec 2012
My god ! This episode was incredible ! All the build-up with the characters development and the flashback was worth it. The execution of the last scene was beautiful and very realistic about how is the human nature.
The love story of Noriko and Katsuhira was interesting and allowed to see the real Katsuhira.

Amazing episode, one of the best of the season.
Jun 5, 2016 4:08 AM

Jan 2009
GAHHH I never asked for such intensity. That. Was. Great. Really the fact that the Kizna-system started to spill out their hearts' desires was a very powerful factor and I loved that.

People can whine all they want about the drama, but I like this.

;__; Poor Nico and Chidori mostly, hope Tenga chooses Nico in the end
Jun 5, 2016 4:14 AM

Feb 2012
Truly fantastic episode. This anime started slow, with every new episode being better than the previous one. At the beginning of this series, the drama seemed forced which very well reflected how Kizna system worked; after all, it is not natural to suddenly become connected to a random stranger. However, as the characters became closer, the drama and emotional turmoil started becoming real and genuine.

Back to this episode though; the directing was simply spot on, kept me on the edge of the seat and I could actually feel their pain, too. The state they were driven to was also absolutely insane. Most of them were hurting PLUS sharing each other's pain, so all of their hurt was just multiplied and left them paralysed on the ground, which was revealed to what have also happened in the Kizna experiment Agata and Sonozaki were in. All of the characters' behaviour was realistic (even if frustrating) which I really appreciated. It was interesting to see how Katsuhira simply ran after Chidori out of obligation, whilst Tenga was way too overwhelmed with feelings for Chidori to even run after Nico. Seeing Nico cry was incredibly upsetting; she is always so selfless and upbeat, but this time even she showed her selfish and serious side.

Man, this series started as a 6 or 7/10 for me, but now is a solid 9/10. I am seriously hyped for the next episode. #NicoProtectionSquad #YutaxHonoka
Jun 5, 2016 4:26 AM
Feb 2016
Still don't understand why people say stuff like "sonozaki your experiment did this" and so on. She herself is a victim. Blame that teacher if anything.
And I also don't understand why people feel sorry for Tenga. Sure he has requited love and all, but the stuff he pulled out this episode, seriously, the group is better off without him.
GineinsdringuuJun 5, 2016 4:30 AM
Jun 5, 2016 4:36 AM

Oct 2009
To the people who keep on saying that this shit is overloaded with melodrama... maybe it is, just a little. But if you've experienced a similar scenario or pain or wtv such as this, it's pretty damn realistic lol ;__;
Not exactly the lines but the inner conflicts and the thoughts that they're having due to their unrequited love(s) is more or less what happens in real life. and yes real life has some dramas too... -.-

~~~
Gineinsdringuu said:
Still don't understand why people say stuff like "sonozaki your experiment did this" and so on. She herself is a victim. Blame that teacher if anything.
And I also don't understand why people feel sorry for Tenga. Sure he has requited love and all, but the stuff he pulled out this episode, seriously, the group is better off without him.

People feel sorry for Tenga despite what he did because as a man, he wanted to see the girl that he likes happy, and he pretty much did anything just for chidori even if he has to be the wingman (well a bad wingman who had to punch Kacchon just to force him like Chidori back) even if it really hurts for Tenga to do that/support Chidori's feelings for Kacchon, because he also likes Chidori

XD that was confusing haha
Thug_GouJun 5, 2016 4:49 AM

Jun 5, 2016 5:06 AM

Jul 2012
This is what i call forced drama.
Jun 5, 2016 5:12 AM

Nov 2014
I feel this show has definitely gotten better since the typhoon hit. I feel they could have built up to the love triangle a bit better, but the abrupt change of tone meant that this episode hit hard. I will also argue that being connected through pain and emotions is like taking empathy that they would normally feel for each other and turning it up to a million. That's got to have some effect on how quickly you fall for someone, right?
Jun 5, 2016 5:31 AM
May 2014
Bad episode. I wanted a Tenga-Nico Development arc for those characters but no. I enjoy those characters too bad they're not getting any backstory.
"If I combine a gun and a knife.I'll create a gunknife."
Jun 5, 2016 5:49 AM

Apr 2016
This episode was a complete roller-coaster (in a good way). It's like they were doing combos by hurting each other with their feelings.
Jun 5, 2016 6:45 AM
Apr 2015
mother of angst. sasuga Okada. i don't hate you though.

the episode was still great though. I had goosebumps especially on the second half. it was like being included in that Kizna experiment when they were all like "it hurts, it hurts..." it hurts too :'(. I can't wait to see where this series is going, and on a minor degree, who ends up with who. No matter what happens, I hope they remain friends until the end, and Sonozaki, please get out of the picture.
Jun 5, 2016 6:48 AM

May 2016
zal said:
HyperL said:

-_- Wasn't that Mayoiga?
Mayoiga is not a comedy, it is just terrible. However I tend to laugh with this kind of over the top melodrama.

Guess i am one of the few that didn't find this either forced or melodramatic.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 5, 2016 7:04 AM

May 2016
Thug_Gou said:
To the people who keep on saying that this shit is overloaded with melodrama... maybe it is, just a little. But if you've experienced a similar scenario or pain or wtv such as this, it's pretty damn realistic lol ;__;
Not exactly the lines but the inner conflicts and the thoughts that they're having due to their unrequited love(s) is more or less what happens in real life. and yes real life has some dramas too... -.-

~~~

Thank you Gou, you understand...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 5, 2016 7:16 AM
Mar 2016
oh my gawd. This was so damn emotional. I cried TAT
Jun 5, 2016 7:18 AM

Aug 2015
This was probably my most favorite episode of this whole season yet.. Charcter development, art, music and general story progression was just perfect imo. I really doubted this anime before this episode but now... Wow.
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
Jun 5, 2016 7:31 AM
Dec 2012
Did no one else find that Sonozaki-san being blocked from view on the screen the whole time, was kind of odd?

Curry-Kun said:
I notice the current trend that if you don't like a same-gender relationship regardless of what the reason might be, people would demonize you as if you're Hitler reincarnation or something.
Jun 5, 2016 7:51 AM
Mar 2016
Yuri-Hime said:
Why can boys be so dense?!

Anyways poor Chidori and Nico.

Tenga pissed me off this episode yeah he likes Chidori and what not but really he didn't even run after Nico. -_-

Dem feels was strong in this episode overall a good episode.

Not really their fault, is it though? Katsuhira likes Noriko and seems to be completely uninterested in Chidori in romantic terms; same thing with Tenga.
Jun 5, 2016 7:51 AM
Jul 2013
Lmfao did anyone noticed how Yuta runs? He's like that titan f*ckin' gaayeee

Noriko is hawwt best girl waifu material, Nico is cute too
Jun 5, 2016 7:53 AM
Mar 2016
This was a really good episode. A lot of plot and character development and very intense, it maintains the quality of the last episode.

The only flaw is the intensity of Nico's feelings towards Tenga and the fact that they seem to be playing up her "moe" factor far too much.

And this episode really makes me dislike both Chidori and Tenga, possibly the most selfish people in the group.
Jun 5, 2016 8:01 AM

Apr 2014
The comments in this thread are hilarious. Especially the ones complaining about the "forced drama" because it's like none of them ever read the synopsis or checked the genre of the series.

Anyways this was probably the best episode so far. I really can't wait to see where the series will go now.

OppaiTaisho said:
Initially disliked Chidori, and now I fucking despise her.
She's trash.
Nori ftw.

+1
I despise people like her.
Jun 5, 2016 8:02 AM

Oct 2014
It was an interesting episode. I'll give it that. Still don't see wtf this is all about, unless the actual plot is that Sonozaki uses the experiment as an excuse to turn Katsuhira back into his old self.

Chidori and Tenga can seriously go jump off a bridge. Chidori is so self-absorbed to not even consider Katsuhira's feelings OR the fact that he's kinda broken. She expects him to just pick up her vague-ass clues when it's WAY too freaking late and she's been literally telling him that she doesn't feel that way anymore the entire time up until that point. The fuck does she expect? And when he actually tries to do what she wants, in the only way he can: being literally told what to do, she turns around and says he's the worst? Yeah, off the bridge with her!

Z4k said:
The comments in this thread are hilarious. Especially the ones complaining about the "forced drama" because it's like none of them ever read the synopsis or checked the genre of the series.

Originally among the genres listed was "action".

Kudos to Yuta for telling Tenga to walk the walk (except Tenga didn't actually do it, so Tenga has no moral high ground at all anymore). Yuta started off as a kinda annoying character, but he's seriously growing into one of the better characters in the show.
LuZekeJun 5, 2016 8:11 AM
Jun 5, 2016 8:06 AM

Feb 2016
Did I suddenly become a Kiznaiver? Cause I'm sure I felt a pain in the heart while watching this.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Jun 5, 2016 8:19 AM

Apr 2016
Why so much hate? This was the best episode so far, everything's out in the open. The show is about emotions, what else were you expecting like it's bloody annoying seeing all these daft comments. Look up the genre the show is under for bloody sakes. DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA. What do you expect from a show that has drama???
Jun 5, 2016 8:22 AM

Oct 2014
ThatJoeGuy said:
Why so much hate? This was the best episode so far, everything's out in the open. The show is about emotions, what else were you expecting like it's bloody annoying seeing all these daft comments. Look up the genre the show is under for bloody sakes. DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA. What do you expect from a show that has drama???

So you're complaining about people showing their emotions in response to a show that's about emotions?
Jun 5, 2016 8:27 AM

Jun 2014
Ahh..All the sweet suffering <3
Except the part where Katsuhira gets decked, poor guy.

The result of the experiment wasn't so different to what happened back with the kids. The system blew up and everyone berserked lol. Useless.
Jun 5, 2016 8:29 AM

Apr 2016
No I'm not complaining, I'm just stating the fact that the show is about Drama, that they shouldn't expect anything other than that. People are saying that they don't like the direction the show is taking. I'm just saying that you virtually can't expect anything as this show can go either way because its under Drama as a Genre.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

364 by FISHERMANCJ »»
Apr 12, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

310 by Accelise_ »»
Apr 8, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

186 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

205 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 5, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

193 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 4, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.