Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 4, 2016 2:58 PM

Jul 2007
This week on: Tumblr Writes a Soap Opera - Love!

Well this went pretty much as expected of Okada. Lots of melodrama over every smallest thing. Still completely ambivalent towards literally everything in the show. Holy shit how much did I cringe through this tho

This could have been an enjoyable schlocky kitsch if the writing cared about making you actually care about characters instead of just presenting you them as a tropes.
This could have been an enjoyable meta black comedy if the writing actually cared to be meta.

Alas all we have is teenagers having forced drama about feelings for nine episodes in a row. The show just does not feel like it tries to do anything else but trying to catch that pretentiousness train - and yet for that the writing is not strong enough.

I sure hope the episodes that are left will justify this whole mess. This is a second okada show this season that disappoints me by trying to reach for something that it is out of it's talent level, instead of delivering what Okada does best.

vong10 said:
Poor Chidori's broken, hope she doesn't fall for Tenga cause he's an ass.

Ughh this time thousand. Will never understand Japan's obsession with pushy "alpha" males.
AhenshihaelJun 4, 2016 3:04 PM
Jun 4, 2016 3:02 PM

Apr 2016
so what the connector between Noriko and Urushibara ?!!
Jun 4, 2016 3:03 PM

May 2014
MoonStar9 said:
Drama, drama, and more drama! People warned about Mari Okada...

The episode starts off as I predicted with Tenga and Nico finding a broken Chidori and Nico having her heart broken as a result well. As also expected, Chidori's stand out role in this episode is to yet again repeat "Kacchon" throughout her appearances and pine for his attention. Everybody's love is exposed to cause more conflict and seemingly out of nowhere Tenga has a personality change and starts wailing on Katsuhira because Chidori likes him while Nico looking like a choking hamster starts to resent Chidori for Tenga's affection. If Nico's feelings were going to play such a substantial plot device it should have been properly fleshed out instead of those three one-second hints in episodes 5 and 7 so it feels more genuine. Here it just feels like they're playing up her cute factor to garner pity points. Similarly, Tenga knew full well Chidori liked Katsuhira, who had an interest in Noriko, and was trying to get them together.

Next, Maki regresses back to her gloomy, anti-social persona to add to the drama and the combined melodrama knocks them all off their feet as they cling to their kokoros.

The best part of the episode was the scene between Noriko and Katsuhira which was abruptly interrupted by Chidori's heralded drama. I actually liked this scene despite my lack of investment in either character. It very much interests me how the surviving children of the first Kizna Experiment turned out. Noriko herself, not the experiment, is the key to opening up Katsuhira. He finally feels something due to the past she opened up for him while at the end of the episode Katsuhira proves incapable of feeling anything with the others Kiznaivers. Makes sense as the past shared with Noriko is what meld him into what he is now. He hugs her willingly and cries in her arms for the forgotten friends he had showing his growth. Chidori wants him to hug her like he hugged Noriko which he does, only for her to resent him for doing so.

Chidori's a mess man, and she's turning everyone else into a mess as well. As the male researcher seemed to be provoking.

Agree with this soooooo much.
Jun 4, 2016 3:11 PM

Apr 2012
_Hans_ said:

Okay, I don't hate anyone, but this episode everyone but Katsuhira was so damn annoying. Chidori decided to run to gym, maybe to check why Katsuhira was in pain and then what? Cried and run off. Nico suddenly started to get bothered by Tenga and what? She run off too. Tenga asked Kacchan to run after Chidori and then what? Beat him for doing so.
Imo masochist guy, skin guy and Kacchan was only normal, the rest did forced and unnecessary melodrama.
Anyway, I'm dissapointed. I hope it will be cleared up next ep and too bad that they didn't get to know that Kacchan was also one of kids who took part in kiznaiver experiment. I was kinda looking forward to get them know, maybe in that case they would give him a break.

Omg this so much. There was so much unnecessary melodrama...

*Sigh* When the trailer for this anime came out I was honestly really excited because it seemed like an interesting plot and the animation looked beautiful (it still is, animation in this show is great). I had no idea it would become such a love pentagon. Except for Katsuhira, Yuta and Hisomu, everyone else in this episode pissed me off. All of this freaking melodrama, wth man!! Also, I think the last few episodes went too fast...it was noticeable that Tenga was beginning to like Chidori but when did he fell so hard for her??? Did I miss something??? Then Nico...when Mutsumi said she liked Tenga I was honestly confused because I never saw that except from episode 8 onwards...
Also, am I the only one who wonders why is Nori so expressionless? I think the only expression she's made beside poker face is a surprised one when everyone started feeling pain in their hearts.

Haah, anyway, there's only 3 episodes left so I'm looking forward to seeing how it'll all end.
theperceptivefoxJun 4, 2016 3:28 PM
Jun 4, 2016 3:14 PM

Jan 2009
fuc kall of you for disliking this ep, you don't make any sense, get a life.
it was beautiful. deep. explored some things that anime don't usually explore.
Jun 4, 2016 3:15 PM

Apr 2012
alvenzo95 said:
MoonStar9 said:
Drama, drama, and more drama! People warned about Mari Okada...

The episode starts off as I predicted with Tenga and Nico finding a broken Chidori and Nico having her heart broken as a result well. As also expected, Chidori's stand out role in this episode is to yet again repeat "Kacchon" throughout her appearances and pine for his attention. Everybody's love is exposed to cause more conflict and seemingly out of nowhere Tenga has a personality change and starts wailing on Katsuhira because Chidori likes him while Nico looking like a choking hamster starts to resent Chidori for Tenga's affection. If Nico's feelings were going to play such a substantial plot device it should have been properly fleshed out instead of those three one-second hints in episodes 5 and 7 so it feels more genuine. Here it just feels like they're playing up her cute factor to garner pity points. Similarly, Tenga knew full well Chidori liked Katsuhira, who had an interest in Noriko, and was trying to get them together.

Next, Maki regresses back to her gloomy, anti-social persona to add to the drama and the combined melodrama knocks them all off their feet as they cling to their kokoros.

The best part of the episode was the scene between Noriko and Katsuhira which was abruptly interrupted by Chidori's heralded drama. I actually liked this scene despite my lack of investment in either character. It very much interests me how the surviving children of the first Kizna Experiment turned out. Noriko herself, not the experiment, is the key to opening up Katsuhira. He finally feels something due to the past she opened up for him while at the end of the episode Katsuhira proves incapable of feeling anything with the others Kiznaivers. Makes sense as the past shared with Noriko is what meld him into what he is now. He hugs her willingly and cries in her arms for the forgotten friends he had showing his growth. Chidori wants him to hug her like he hugged Noriko which he does, only for her to resent him for doing so.

Chidori's a mess man, and she's turning everyone else into a mess as well. As the male researcher seemed to be provoking.

Agree with this soooooo much.

I third this!! Completely agree.
Jun 4, 2016 3:31 PM

Jan 2014
That was a pretty heavy episode... emotions in a nutshell. What's interesting though is that the scar on Katsuhira's chest, disappeared after his memories recovered. I wonder what that was about.

It'll be interesting to see how or whether they'll manage to pull through this.
Jun 4, 2016 3:35 PM

Jul 2010
MINMAY- said:
fuc kall of you for disliking this ep, you don't make any sense, get a life.
it was beautiful. deep. explored some things that anime don't usually explore.

Thought it was pretty shit tbh, but sure go ahead liking badly written forced dramas.
Jun 4, 2016 3:47 PM

May 2014
Fappa said:
I think whether you love or dislike the show at this point depends on your connection with the characters since this is main focus of this show..

For people that just can't with the characters or had not enough time to create a bond with them, this might come off a melodramatic and over the top.

On the other if you were able to connect with them then this might be the best episode so far because it emotionally affects you.

Two camps that have to understand each other's opinion more than usual.

Personally I liked the episode but that just because I'm fast to connect with characters :).

Tbh, I really disagree with this comment. Now I might not be completely right by saying this, but the way I see it, whether you enjoy this series or not doesn't come down to how fast you can connect with characters but simply your perception of them. That is, some people might really like them, others might not.

Personally, I think Chidori has been one of the show's biggest hindrances from the very start. She is in love with Katsuhira for who knows what reason, since he's completely emotionless all the way through (which makes her character hard to take seriously already), and not only that but instead of accepting since ep 1 or 2 that he doesn't love her (which is incredibly clear) she decides to instead lie to herself and give herself false hope, all while acting completely selfishly and not caring how her mess of a personality can affect others. To put it simply, instead of being mature, confronting her issues and moving on with her life, she throws a tantrum every two episodes and does everything in her power to fuck everything up as much as possible. Imo all this forced drama (yes, i think its mostly forced as hell) is essentially only because she's a complete mess.

To make things worse, they decided to make Tenga an asshole too by making him an absolute hypocrite. He tells Katsuhira to run after Chidori when he knows its impossible for him to understand emotions (at this point at least) and comfort her in any way and then, when he finds out about Nico, not only does he not practice what he preaches, but he decides to beat up Katsuhira out of jealousy. Fucking hypocritical scumbag.

Finally, Katsuhira has gotten shit all throughout this series, and even gets beat up this episode because apparently people can't wrap their heads around the fact that he can't feel emotions, and somehow expect him NOT to be an emotionless doll (wtf).

tl;dr Tenga and Chidori are awful characters. Nico made me quite sad this episode even though her romance with Tenga was quite forced. Still like Yuuta and Honoka, even if Honoka seems to have just regressed back to her old self (tbh she was pretty cold to begin with, it also seems forced that she was affected so much by the whole situation). The whole Kizna system seems like a massive plot device to force teenage drama and fuck with people.
Jun 4, 2016 3:48 PM

Jun 2011
I deserve a cookie :p saw it incoming a week ago.
OnePieceQ8 said:
Had some fun doing it :D

this will do for now.. tho i can feel trigger's twists incoming.

From Katsu x Nori hug -> Chidori taking direct chidori to the heart -> Tenga abandoning not following Nico -> Maki regressing after falling under the pressure.. ect
ONLY my boy Yuta-kun deserve a clap for being the rational one who tried to clear the air but it was too late..
Poor him, he suffered the same amount of pain.. looking at the bright side good for his diet i guess, lol!

I think this ep. is the indication for the show:
- If you felt for the characters & shared their pain then the project is a success.
- If you didn't then it's a failure.
Jun 4, 2016 3:49 PM

May 2016
zal said:
How much I love the dialogues between Katsuhira and Sonozaki zzz zzz zzz
At least it recovered in the second half, probably best comedy of the season (imo).

-_- Wasn't that Mayoiga?
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 4, 2016 3:56 PM

Feb 2015
Tenga should be beating up the girl, no? She's the one that still likes Katsuhira.
Jun 4, 2016 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
I'm really curious as to how they're going to get out of this, perhaps Maki said is true, having to carry all the emotions and thoughts of seven people is a big task. Unnecessary drama aside I liked the episode.
Jun 4, 2016 4:00 PM

Jun 2015
No! just no!
I can’t and will not sympathize with all of them!
Some of them are ok,but Chidori is a whinny little kid!
Kazunao is scum! Tenga is a hypocrite and an idiot!
All 3 of them made things worse! I’m especially mad at chidori and Tenga.
“hold me”,” how could you hold me? You’re so cruel”
make up your mind! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
And Tenga wtf man, he did exactly what you guys told him to do!
“go after her” :he did! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
“hold me”: he did! ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻
what were you expecting?!
and yeah..."we are connected by our wounds" so let me just punch the guy a few times , that'll make everything better!
(...I'm actually fine with NiKo ,Noriko and Honoka. oh and the real MVP's in this episode were Yuta and Urushibara!)
Jun 4, 2016 4:08 PM

Jan 2015
that "I can't help thinking about you" dialogue lmao

a beautiful episode & I found the soundtrack really impressive.
still not sure where this leads though. maybe Kacchon will have his feelings back eventually but what else is the point besides the experiment itself?
Jun 4, 2016 4:09 PM

Mar 2015
this episode was almost unbearable to watch
Jun 4, 2016 4:13 PM

May 2014
Smudy said:
Literally guys who complain about forced drama, that's just what you are getting lol

Well, the way the anime was going hinted at heavy drama later on yes, but there's a difference between good, well built up drama, and forcing all this crap down your throat in the span of 2 eps. To start off, the whole tenga x nico thing felt forced, and I'd even argue tenga x chidori was completely unnecessary and just made things too complicated to properly it wrap up in a total of 12 eps. If you think about it, we don't even know to this day why Chidori even likes Katsuhira, or how she can even expect him to have any feelings for her when he can't feel emotions (and its clear as day he doesn't like her). All in all, this is all the result of Okada no knowing what direction to take the series in imo, which is unfortunate cuz the art and sound are both top notch.
Jun 4, 2016 4:15 PM

May 2013
this episode was brilliant, the ost was amazing but damn..chidori reached a whole new tier of trash
Jun 4, 2016 4:16 PM

Apr 2012
Fappa said:
Tbh, I really disagree with this comment. Now I might not be completely right by saying this, but the way I see it, whether you enjoy this series or not doesn't come down to how fast you can connect with characters but simply your perception of them. That is, some people might really like them, others might not.

Personally, I think Chidori has been one of the show's biggest hindrances from the very start. She is in love with Katsuhira for who knows what reason, since he's completely emotionless all the way through (which makes her character hard to take seriously already), and not only that but instead of accepting since ep 1 or 2 that he doesn't love her (which is incredibly clear) she decides to instead lie to herself and give herself false hope, all while acting completely selfishly and not caring how her mess of a personality can affect others. To put it simply, instead of being mature, confronting her issues and moving on with her life, she throws a tantrum every two episodes and does everything in her power to fuck everything up as much as possible. Imo all this forced drama (yes, i think its mostly forced as hell) is essentially only because she's a complete mess.

To make things worse, they decided to make Tenga an asshole too by making him an absolute hypocrite. He tells Katsuhira to run after Chidori when he knows its impossible for him to understand emotions (at this point at least) and comfort her in any way and then, when he finds out about Nico, not only does he not practice what he preaches, but he decides to beat up Katsuhira out of jealousy. Fucking hypocritical scumbag.

Finally, Katsuhira has gotten shit all throughout this series, and even gets beat up this episode because apparently people can't wrap their heads around the fact that he can't feel emotions, and somehow expect him NOT to be an emotionless doll (wtf).

tl;dr Tenga and Chidori are awful characters. Nico made me quite sad this episode even though her romance with Tenga was quite forced. Still like Yuuta and Honoka, even if Honoka seems to have just regressed back to her old self (tbh she was pretty cold to begin with, it also seems forced that she was affected so much by the whole situation). The whole Kizna system seems like a massive plot device to force teenage drama and fuck with people.

Completely agree with your comment. Besides, it's obvious that not everyone is going to have the same opinion about characters since they affect each person in a different way.

I actually thought this show was going to be more about the pain in their pasts rather than a teenage melodrama (honestly when did Nico fell in love with Tenga??? It was completely out of nowhere). Like the first few episodes when they started talking about their secrets (like how Yuta used to be chubby and Tenga is afraid of dogs). But welp, guess they decided to make this a love pentagon...

All I can say now is that I'm curious about Hisomu's and Katsuhira's past and that I want Katsuhira to recover his emotions!
Jun 4, 2016 4:16 PM

Sep 2013
The animation was great, but besides that I couldn't care less. It played out predictably, I don't feel the emotional stakes that these characters are screaming about, the whole love pentagon is annoying. For all the similarities this has with Kokoro Connect, it's impressive that Triggers go at it hardly even leaves an impression.

Out of everything that happened, I'm most interested in seeing how things will pan out for Katsuhira and Sonozaki.
Jun 4, 2016 4:19 PM

Jan 2009
as a schizophrenic person suffering from auditory hallucinations i can relate to this episode more, those voices of the heart are nothing more than auditory hallucinations from extreme and excessive emotions lol

this Kizna system is definitely a failure, what your heart says does not mean your true intentions a lot of times, there is conflict between rational thinking and emotional reasoning a lot of times
Jun 4, 2016 4:24 PM
May 2016
I really dont get why people are saying this episode is so bad
Jun 4, 2016 4:35 PM
Dec 2015
The point is that the Nori has something wrong with her mentally. I'm curious to see what her deal is because shes the one that said she would give the experiment a push. Honestly tenga was the only one who confronted Nori at the end there. It's all her fault. It's not like they can't be friends Nori screwed it. I hope she gets wrecked and destroyed at the end cause she's just dumb straight up. I wouldn't be surprised if the mc says hes angry and instead of disappointing. What about them broad casting it, shouldn't that be mentioned also. I'm only finishing this thing to see what happens to nori cause she looks like she commits suicide at the end there in the flash backs. Overall I'm not sure what to feel except resentment toward Nori.
Jun 4, 2016 4:39 PM
Dec 2015
[quote=theperceptivefox message=46328978][quote=Fappa message=46325376]Tbh, I really disagree with this comment. Now I might not be completely right by saying this, but the way I see it, whether you enjoy this series or not doesn't come down to how fast you can connect with characters but simply your perception of them. That is, some people might really like them, others might not.

Personally, I think Chidori has been one of the show's biggest hindrances from the very start. She is in love with Katsuhira for who knows what reason, since he's completely emotionless all the way through (which makes her character hard to take seriously already), and not only that but instead of accepting since ep 1 or 2 that he doesn't love her (which is incredibly clear) she decides to instead lie to herself and give herself false hope,

If you recall the MC wasn't the way he is now. Nori is the reason why he's all jacked up idk why but hopefully they clarify. The mc was different and that was mentioned
Jun 4, 2016 4:41 PM

Jan 2009
BlazeWho said:
I really dont get why people are saying this episode is so bad

welcome to MAL forums lol, i advise you to look at polls results more than thread replies because the haters are always vocal anyway, while the silent majority enjoys more the anime shows
Jun 4, 2016 4:43 PM

Oct 2015
theperceptivefox said:
Fappa said:

Completely agree with your comment. Besides, it's obvious that not everyone is going to have the same opinion about characters since they affect each person in a different way.

I actually thought this show was going to be more about the pain in their pasts rather than a teenage melodrama (honestly when did Nico fell in love with Tenga??? It was completely out of nowhere). Like the first few episodes when they started talking about their secrets (like how Yuta used to be chubby and Tenga is afraid of dogs). But welp, guess they decided to make this a love pentagon...

All I can say now is that I'm curious about Hisomu's and Katsuhira's past and that I want Katsuhira to recover his emotions!

THIS EXACTLY.

While I don't mind some shipping, dealing with their past ghosts was what the story was about up until last episode. Which is why I was miffed the content was revealed to be melodrama despite the preview at the end of Ep 7 advertising it as a Tenga-centric episode. I thought we'd finally get some insight into the character as to why he acts so tough and why he has that scar on his forehead but nope... Mari Okada only knows teenage melodrama so in the span of the three or so weeks they've been Kiznaivers everyone secretly develops passionate love for someone who doesn't love them back which all comes out only now. Now to turn Tenga into a jackass, Chidori into even a bigger mess, and Nico too because she's also a character and has to be relevant somehow.

I feel like this series wants to be two different things.

1. A thought provoking series that Trigger wants it to be

2. A forced teen drama that Mari Okada inevitably turns everything that touches her hands to.
Jun 4, 2016 4:54 PM

Jan 2009
Katsuhira and Sonozoki are just emotionally numb thats why they cannot hear the voices of the heart
Jun 4, 2016 4:58 PM

Apr 2014
Typical Mari Okada melodramatic teenage love triangle bullshit. I don't know why I haven't dropped this yet.
Jun 4, 2016 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
jesus, so much melodrama.

tenga really pissed me off.. he's such a hypocrite and started to turn into an aggressive asshole.
Jun 4, 2016 5:00 PM

Jul 2015
Meh, it's a shame I don't really care much for the characters at this point of the show's climax. Oh well.
Jun 4, 2016 5:01 PM

Nov 2014
well, they laid the drama quite thick this time. It was quite emotional, but I'm very invested in these character so I did like it in the end. The way these emotion-inducing scenarios are executed in the show's world is quite contrived, but I can disregard that part. when everyone broke in the end I definitely felt a lot. I think the depiction is a very realistic one even. Tenga definitely showed his bad side in this episode, he should have a bun to calm his buns. Nico is still such a great character, she was played off as a goofy weirdo but she is the one who can analyze what is going on in everyone's minds and gets to the point so nicely.

The Maki arc was my favourite one, and while the last two episodes were a bit lacking, there are still many things I like like Sonozaki, and the pace is just where it needs to be for a 12 episode series. I'm still waiting for the next episode more than anything else.
Jun 4, 2016 5:06 PM

Oct 2013
I'm wondering why though that Katsuhira still doesn't feel any pain from both the current and past Kiznaiver group. I mean, Nori-chan jumped off saying he'll eventually get his pain back, which means he didn't experience it then as well.

Also, is it me, or are Katsuhira's more human scenes when his brown hair starts showing more?
Jun 4, 2016 5:08 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
very cringey episode with way too much drama. It looks like multiple members having negative emotions can produce negative feedback on the entire group.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 4, 2016 5:41 PM

Apr 2015
Alrightyy weekly dosis of cringe incoming!

Well uhm... Lets start of with the fact that I almost broke my neck because of the cringeworthy moments in this episode with the overboard melodrama.

Couldn't connect or even feel sad anymore for the characters because it felt so forced except the gym scene (that was kinda sad I guess).

Tenga-kun going ham on MC was bullshit? I get it, he was mad but beating him up like that just for a hoe?!

Bro's>Hoes...

Anyway lets see how things are going to workout in next episode. IF all of the sudden Chidori falls in love with Tenga I'm going to tableflip so hard =)

Jun 4, 2016 6:02 PM

Oct 2015
So basically Tenga punchs katsuhira cuse he "loves" Chidori plus Tenga tells him to go after her (but not doing the same when Yuta tells him to go after Niko ......) so tenga failed alot cuse that just showed us that he doesnt give a fuck about other feelings only his....and here we go again with the "we cant be friends" from Maki, 3 episodes until the end lets see how this ends.

PS: Rain scene was very well done! nice episode overall
Jun 4, 2016 6:05 PM

Jan 2011
just a reminder love triangles fucking suck! even worse when they are forced(like by that scumbag teacher).

gonna be that guy and blame it on Chidori shes a drama bomb which then caused a chain reaction
Jun 4, 2016 6:22 PM

Aug 2015
ahh this episode hurt me T-T
i hope tenga ends up with chidori...and honestly i didn't even know nico had a thing for tenga until last week's episode maybe i was blinded by tenga/chidori haha

i guess you either like this show or you hate it...for me personally, i'm enjoying it :)
Jun 4, 2016 6:23 PM

Feb 2016
Tenga is such a freakin' hypocrite. Telling Katsuhira to go after Chidori because he doesn't want to see her hurt but not giving a fuck about Nico. Then beating Katsuhira up because Chidori likes him which is not even his fault. Wtf? I wanted Katsuhira to punch him back.
I hope he doesn't even end up with Nico, let alone Chidori. Nobody deserves a scumbag like him.
James278Jun 4, 2016 6:27 PM
Jun 4, 2016 6:27 PM

Oct 2015
Best episode is delivered. Trigger also can make an awesome melodrama anime.
Jun 4, 2016 6:31 PM

Apr 2013
The most fucked up thing is that the whole conflict was staged and feels forced as hell. Those rooster costumes are ridiculous.
Jun 4, 2016 7:08 PM
Sep 2015
The shit is all this nonsense overblown teen drama. This show definitely took a turn for the worst for me.
Jun 4, 2016 7:11 PM
Apr 2016
ok, i feel really bad now. i think the experiment turned out to be more cruel that i expected . i really liked the episode. i almost felt their pain. kacchon should not had hug chidori i think trigger even more pain for her and for the rest!
Jun 4, 2016 7:26 PM

Jun 2013
It was so painful watching everyone suffer like that.
Jun 4, 2016 7:27 PM

Nov 2014
Masterpiece of an episode. Extremely emotional episode, I feel so bad for Nico
Hi there
Jun 4, 2016 7:34 PM

Sep 2015
i want to die

only things i dont really understand are
1 ; kacchon and nori's relationship like idk, i don't really see them as a couple. they're both way too emotionless and they clash and they're kinda boring together. but i neeeeed more about their past -n-
2 ; why his original kizuna scar disappeared like wat happen wtf does this mean
3 ; ??? niko liking tenga ???????????? i mean it's cute but ?? since when ?

i feel so bad for chidori and tenga especially :c they just looked so completely broken at the end of the episode

talk me down
safe & sound
too strung up
to sleep
⋯⋯ ⋯⋯
overground,
watch this space
i'm open to
falling from grace

Jun 4, 2016 8:00 PM
Dec 2013
this is really fucked up
Jun 4, 2016 8:18 PM

Feb 2016
Katsuhira x Sonozaki
Jun 4, 2016 8:23 PM
Apr 2016
I really liked this episode. Maybe I just have a higher tolerance for drama than some people.

I think people are overstating the love triangle. It's what set things off, but there was clearly a build up of tension completely ignoring the unrequited crushes. I mean, the cast were abducted, experimented on, forced go through loads of terrifying "missions"... combined with how broken we saw Maki was over the loss of her friend.

I think it's more than enough to justify the emotional breakdown we saw. Tenga, Chidori and Nico's unrequited crushes were only the catalyst. It was the anger and tension that's been building throughout the show, and the subsequent breakdown of the characters relationships that really led to this.
Jun 4, 2016 9:03 PM

Apr 2015
Yuta should have been the main character
also
HMm
Kiznaiver: Teen Angst the animation?
Not that it's a bad thing
I seriously dislike the whole Katsuhira X Sonozaki business it feels incredibly shoved down my throat
I kinda liked Tenga beating up Katsuhira. I know his emotions are kinda messed up but the dude was just kinda inconsiderate to a high degree
Jun 4, 2016 9:09 PM

Oct 2012
I think one thing that hasn't been brought up in any of the conversation about these relationships is that before the Kizna experiments, Yuta was the only one that interacted positively with more than two characters (his groupies). Then this group of social outcasts ends up being constantly forced together and end up connecting with others for the first time in years. While I do feel the Nico -> Tenga relationship could have used an episode to actually show develop, all the other relations have been forming over the course of the show.

On a completely other topic, I have a theory on why Katsuhira and Noriko seem pretty emotionless/resistant to pain. Since they are Kiznaivers from their childhood, they could be splitting their emotions and pain into ridiculously small portions with anyone else in that experiment. There were a lot of bodies in the flashbacks, and lots of names listed, and we have no idea how the Kizna system works after a body's death, or even if any/all the other kids are dead.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

364 by FISHERMANCJ »»
Apr 12, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

310 by Accelise_ »»
Apr 8, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

186 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

205 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 5, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

193 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 4, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.