Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 4, 2016 12:43 AM

Nov 2015
Okay, for those who have watched Erased, do you recommend it? It is worth my time to watch? I've seen that this anime was in the top 10 not too long sgo. But the is, I seen the reviews, lots of criticism. Should I watch this anime or not?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 4, 2016 12:57 AM

Sep 2015
Yeah I recommend it. It's good at the start but near the end is where things got a little bit out of hand and is mainly where the criticism comes from. I enjoyed it but it definitely went from a perfect show to a good show when IT happened (you'll know what I mean if you watch it).

Edit: I didn't feel like I wasted my time if that helps you. Although I was certainly slightly annoyed.
Jun 4, 2016 1:05 AM

Oct 2014
It's all your choice. I've heard people say that it's just a ripoff of Steins;Gate and others say that it's one of the best anime. I bet if you made a poll you'd find that the opinions on here would eventually reflect the opinions you've already found. It was once in the top 5 but about a week after it finished airing it was already outside of the top 20. By comparison One Punch Man reached its max at #8 and is still maintaining a strong position of #16. I haven't seen Erased or Steins;Gate, but one of them has a "mad scientist is so cool" and is made by the same studio as Gochiusa and the other one has "child abuse for forced drama". <- I have no idea if that's a spoiler or not, I just saw it as a thread title somewhere on MAL
Jun 4, 2016 1:11 AM

Jan 2008
kamisama751 said:
Yes, it contains child abuse for forced drama. I can agree with this.

Yeah... "forced drama" about a abused mother abusing her child in a time where Japan didn't have an actual child protection agency and didn't really keep track of abused children...

I mean... it's not like children are abused like hat (or worse) in real life right now, right? Right?
Jun 4, 2016 1:12 AM

Sep 2015
Great at the start but the last 3 episodes are rushed as fuck and the mystery side of it turns out to be pathetic.
Can't fault episodes 1-9. 10-12 is where the majority of the criticism lies.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jun 4, 2016 1:15 AM
Feb 2016
Yes, you should watch it. Yes, it is worth your time.

Like the previous replies, towards the end you might reduce your rating for the anime. Personally, my rating for it stayed through out.

Honestly, this anime is one of those "mind blown" animes after the last episode. For better or for worst. You jude. But really, after watching it, you won't feel like you wasted your time.
Jun 4, 2016 1:20 AM
Feb 2016
[quote=DmonHiro message=46320385]
kamisama751 said:
I mean... it's not like children are abused like hat (or worse) in real life right now, right? Right?

We wound't know, not like abuse stories these days are spread much. Honestly, I wound't be surprised children are abused more than that cause today's world is really messed up.
Jun 4, 2016 1:23 AM

Mar 2015
ehh.. IMHO kinda letdown for some last episode and felt rushed... it's not as bad as hatred try to make thou...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 4, 2016 1:24 AM

Nov 2015
HecticLeo said:
Yeah I recommend it. It's good at the start but near the end is where things got a little bit out of hand and is mainly where the criticism comes from. I enjoyed it but it definitely went from a perfect show to a good show when IT happened (you'll know what I mean if you watch it).

Edit: I didn't feel like I wasted my time if that helps you. Although I was certainly slightly annoyed.

I better watch out for that then. Thank you for your advice!
Jun 4, 2016 2:11 AM
Apr 2013
No don't watch it. It's horrible. At first glance it might seem good but it fucks up the most fundemental parts of the story.
Jun 4, 2016 2:20 AM
Apr 2016
Yeeeees! Best anime of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 4, 2016 2:21 AM

Mar 2014
Sure, but only for the final (very ultra gay) episode
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 4, 2016 2:24 AM

Jun 2015
The usual overhyped thing. It is good enough though.
Jun 4, 2016 2:24 AM
Mar 2016
I recommend you that anime. Its very nice.
Jun 4, 2016 2:25 AM

Feb 2015
if you ask that kind of question in this forum, there are many people who would say yes and no. so you better decided yourself wheter you will watch it or not. i recommend it tho. it's a good show imo.
Jun 4, 2016 6:04 AM

Dec 2015
It was ok, but really nothing special. If you want a time travel story just go watch Steins;Gate
Jun 4, 2016 6:07 AM

Apr 2016
I don't see why you're asking others if you should watch an anime or not. If the synopsis and genre(s) somewhat interests you, give it a shot. If you like the first few episodes and decide to finish it, then do that.
You're going to read a bunch of opinions on how they liked or disliked it. Why let them decide for you?
Something witty that makes you think I'm funny

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
Jun 4, 2016 6:09 AM

Dec 2015
bikers123 said:
I don't see why you're asking others if you should watch an anime or not. If the synopsis and genre(s) somewhat interests you, give it a shot. If you like the first few episodes and decide to finish it, then do that.
You're going to read a bunch of opinions on how they liked or disliked it. Why let them decide for you?

Nothing wrong with asking for other peoples opinions.
Jun 4, 2016 6:20 AM

Apr 2016
Bobby2Hands said:
bikers123 said:

Nothing wrong with asking for other peoples opinions.

Nothing wrong with it, but he's already contemplating watching it because he's interested. He could very well watch the first episode and see if it's something he'd want to watch further rather than deciding to watch it after reading a bunch of random opinions on whether to watch it or not. For that, there are anime reviews and recommendations.
Something witty that makes you think I'm funny

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
Jun 4, 2016 6:22 AM

Jun 2016
It's better to give it a try than not watching it at all and I do highly recommend it.
Jun 4, 2016 6:22 AM

Dec 2014
watch it watch it watch it..... I liked it so much
Jun 4, 2016 6:26 AM

Dec 2015
It was entertaining, but it definitely is an anime I'll probably forget in a few years. I was trying to look up the mc and realized I had forgotten his name.
Jun 4, 2016 6:28 AM
Oct 2013
kamisama751 said:

If they are going to do it then do it right. Not just throw in some non-sense and expect the viewer fill the rest even though most people do it. The abuse itself is not the problem. How they used the abuse is the problem.

Well explain how to do it right then!
I´ve yet to see a show that does child abuse "right". I hate that statement.
How do you measure child abuse? It´s not a mathematical equation.
If you´re going to complain about the cinematography, say that you didn´t like that, but the perception of abuse is different to everyone, which infuriated me when Digibro mentioned how his "friend" was abused and that this series depiction of child abuse made his "friend" mad.
Like any emotional subject the author can t cover it to fit everyone´s taste.
Making this statement worthless for an argument.

The obligation of any critic doesn´t lie in the objectification of his opinion, but in it´s rationalisation. Spoiler tag if necessary but at least back your critique up with content.

On Topic: The show certainly is recommendable, nonetheless the rushed plot, the convenient developments, the wasted time on filler combined with the lack of the former cinematography or atmposhere during the final episodes may leave you dissatisfied.
Which is why I´d recommend to read the Manga for closure.
Jun 4, 2016 6:29 AM

Oct 2015
Yes, the show is not nearly as smart as it thinks it is but it remains an entertaining binge watch nonetheless.

LobindeJun 4, 2016 6:38 AM
Jun 4, 2016 6:30 AM

Apr 2013
Why even. No. There's so many better things to do, like jumping off a cliff.
Jun 4, 2016 6:32 AM

May 2016
It's awful. The visuals are inconsistent, the music is Yuki Kajiura sleepwalking, the characters are pretty much all disposable (except Satoru's mom, she's kinda cool), and the plot is a weak murder mystery with ONLY ONE SUSPECT. AND IT'S THE GUY WHOSE FACE IS ALWAYS CAST IN SHADOW WITH A SLASHER SMILE. GEE, I WONDER WHO THE KILLER COULD BE. And Satoru himself is a tool who couldn't figure that out, AND he's also perving after a 12-year-old girl when he himself is 29 years old. No, it doesn't matter that he time leaps back to his 12-year-old body--he's still a grown-ass man mentally. It's gross.

And as someone else mentioned, the forced fucking child-abuse drama is just disgusting. The director obviously threw it in to make the story as dark and gritty as possible, but it comes the fuck out of nowhere and is so transparently a hollow attempt to make us feel instant empathy for Kayo (because she has no character traits of her own to make us empathetic towards her). Well, sorry, it didn't work--it just made the show worse than it already was.

So, no. Don't watch Erased. It's trash. If you want time-travel shenanigans, you've got Steins;Gate, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and even this season's Re:Zero. They are all better than Erased by miles and miles.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jun 4, 2016 6:35 AM

Apr 2013
It's definitely worth watching, but don't go into it expecting a masterpiece.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jun 4, 2016 6:36 AM

Dec 2012
Up to you lol. It was overhyped and way overrated, nowhere as good as S;G and Re:Zero.
Jun 4, 2016 6:38 AM

Oct 2015
Zelkiiro said:
and the plot is a weak murder mystery with ONLY ONE SUSPECT. AND IT'S THE GUY WHOSE FACE IS ALWAYS CAST IN SHADOW WITH A SLASHER SMILE. GEE, I WONDER WHO THE KILLER COULD BE.

This is so true lol, it doesn't help that there is only one possible suspect by episode 5.

Jun 4, 2016 6:43 AM

Jun 2012
Watch episode 1 -11. Then read the last 10 chapters of the manga. The dialogue and the action in the manga has a better ending.
Jun 4, 2016 6:44 AM

Feb 2015
yes but the ending is pretty lackluster like everyone else is saying
Jun 4, 2016 6:50 AM

Apr 2015
Well why not? The wintery shouwa atmosphere is great on that series, that's if you don't criticize the other parts of the anime though.
Jun 4, 2016 7:03 AM

Jun 2015
It's not that good.
It's not that bad.
That should be enough lol

Jun 4, 2016 7:07 AM

May 2015
If you like shit anime, go ahead, enjoy ridiculing it while eating popcorn. You can even invite your friends.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jun 4, 2016 7:07 AM

Dec 2015
Well, Erased is very entertaining but quality-wise, Erased is most definitely below average. I would advocate it if you want to switch your brain off and watch this relaxed but I personally would recommend Re:Zero or Tatami Galaxy, Both animes that have to do with time but done better quality-wise (and both are still enjoyable rides)
Why yu gettin' cheeky? (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 4, 2016 7:10 AM
Nov 2015
I totally recommend it to you if you like Drama and Mystery, overall it's a great Anime altough the ending was rushed as hell in my opinion. But I still like it a lot, and I mean, a lot!
It's totally worth to watch show anyway, be sure to check it out :'p
Jun 4, 2016 7:12 AM

May 2016
Tadao-kun said:
I totally recommend it to you if you like Drama and Mystery,

Only if the viewer's intent is to see just how badly both drama and mystery can be botched simultaneously.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jun 4, 2016 7:18 AM

May 2015
andy97 said:
yes but the ending is pretty lackluster like everyone else is saying

People say the ending is lackluster simply because the show wrote itself so far downwards at that point that it became noticeable for people how bad it was(similar to SAO's Fairy Dance arc). The entire show is bad but people don't want to admit that they liked a show that failed in every aspect because it had an interesting concept and looked nice, so they say the ending was bad and the beginning was really good so they don't feel ashamed.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jun 4, 2016 8:25 AM

Jun 2015
Sure, but don't expect either a good mystery or a good drama. Watch it for a cheap feelsy drama trip with an abused loli.
Jun 4, 2016 8:32 AM

Dec 2015
Pramma_Gunio said:
Well, Erased is very entertaining but quality-wise, Erased is most definitely below average.

Say what?
Pretty much the only thing Erased had going for it was amazing production values. I don't think anyone is complaining about the quality (except you).
It's the crappy ending and dull characters that most people take issue with.
Jun 4, 2016 8:44 AM

Nov 2013
No, it's the worst anime ever made because those filthy casuals like it. I only watch underground anime like Hunter x Hunter and Mushishi.
Jun 4, 2016 8:49 AM

Nov 2014
Ferchuvibritania said:
Yeeeees! Best anime of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol comparing it to RE: ZERO? its trash

and Re:Zero is contending to be the Top anime of 2016 well if Hibike can top more i do not know
Jun 4, 2016 9:09 AM

Dec 2015
Watch it, it is entertaining and relatively good at the same time. And it is visually good too. But don't watch this as a mystery or criminal investigation, because this isn't one.

You might also want to look for the few background chapters for the "villain" who were excluded from the animation.
Jun 4, 2016 9:25 AM
Jun 2015
I would never tell you to avoid it , but if you have the time and want a better story (in my opinion) these two anime time-travel anime are so much better that you should watch before watching ERASED.
1.Steins Gate
2.Mahou shoujo Madoka Magika

my justification is simple , Steins Gate answer the questions that rise in the show much better than Erased , has better humor and laughs , the overall feels you would get is much stronger as its 24 episode (meaning more development of characters)

and Madoka Magica has a unique visual that is good in its way , better background music , and better ending than Erased , I wouldn't say a better story as they are so similar in that aspect. still better feels and thrilling moment.

one more thing is the issue about child-abuse subject
I would recommend Future_Diary or One-Piece which has many similar topics and better dealt with.

Overall Erased is a good anime with good story and good character design but nothing more special than that
Rawa_RaufJun 4, 2016 9:37 AM
Jun 4, 2016 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
Yes if you like anime that make you think more then usuall.
Jun 4, 2016 9:27 AM

May 2015
BunnyKiller147 said:
Yes if you like anime that make you think more then usuall.

It made think about how bad it was, if that counts.
Jun 4, 2016 9:28 AM
Apr 2014
Yap sure, you should watch it however ending will not pleasant as you will expect,
Jun 4, 2016 9:31 AM

May 2015
kamisama751 said:
Zelkiiro said:
It's awful. The visuals are inconsistent, the music is Yuki Kajiura sleepwalking, the characters are pretty much all disposable (except Satoru's mom, she's kinda cool), and the plot is a weak murder mystery with ONLY ONE SUSPECT. AND IT'S THE GUY WHOSE FACE IS ALWAYS CAST IN SHADOW WITH A SLASHER SMILE. GEE, I WONDER WHO THE KILLER COULD BE. And Satoru himself is a tool who couldn't figure that out, AND he's also perving after a 12-year-old girl when he himself is 29 years old. No, it doesn't matter that he time leaps back to his 12-year-old body--he's still a grown-ass man mentally. It's gross.

And as someone else mentioned, the forced fucking child-abuse drama is just disgusting. The director obviously threw it in to make the story as dark and gritty as possible, but it comes the fuck out of nowhere and is so transparently a hollow attempt to make us feel instant empathy for Kayo (because she has no character traits of her own to make us empathetic towards her). Well, sorry, it didn't work--it just made the show worse than it already was.

So, no. Don't watch Erased. It's trash. If you want time-travel shenanigans, you've got Steins;Gate, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and even this season's Re:Zero. They are all better than Erased by miles and miles.

This guy said the most important things in this show perfectly. /thread

Dude no, now that you've pointed this out, we can't say it's bad repeatedly because this guy already said everything.
Jun 4, 2016 9:34 AM

Dec 2012
Watch it and judge for yourself, don't let other people make decisions for you.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1398 by Layreur84 »»
Yesterday, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

616 by bakakisima »»
Apr 10, 1:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.