Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 7, 2016 6:30 PM

Jul 2009
Tokoya said:
That awkward moment when you thought that everyone in this series were going to die only to find out that nobody can die lol

That reveal at the end tho =o

My thoughts exactly -.-
Jun 7, 2016 9:32 PM

Oct 2009
i'm worried about how they gonna wrap up the ending in two episodes. Don't tell me there is a season 2 =.=
" Have some adventure while you can, and then start to figure things out"
5 Centimeters per Second

Jun 8, 2016 12:07 AM

Dec 2013
seizonsha said:
The writing this episode was a mess...which is understandable, after the head writer disclosed that the director wants double the normal script of an anime episode.

Source? Thanks if you can.
Jun 8, 2016 12:14 AM

Sep 2014
I'm genuinely crushed that my Volkana Hotaru ship is sinking
Jun 8, 2016 12:24 AM

Sep 2014
xxmbmxx said:

Someone on here said there was a scene where there were 2 Koharuns. If that's true, maybe there is a real Koharun and a creature that took her form.

I don't know, just an idea. With this show, any kind of ass-pull is possible.

Please for the love of fuck be true
Jun 8, 2016 12:41 AM

Aug 2009
Yautja said:
This episode was a total clusterfuck. An absolute mess.

My thoughts exactly. v.v

Jun 8, 2016 1:01 AM

Jun 2009
mwsmws22 said:
seizonsha said:
The writing this episode was a mess...which is understandable, after the head writer disclosed that the director wants double the normal script of an anime episode.

Source? Thanks if you can.

I will post a translation of the interview later today (said from currently 5pm in Japan).
Might make a separate thread on it though.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Jun 8, 2016 6:52 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, I thought I hated Yottsun in the beginning of the anime, but I think he's one of the more likeable characters right now. But seriously, Mitsumune, you don't know what kind of "alone time with Masaki" he wanted ? Pfff, don't play innocent ;3

Not going to deny it, I didn't expect this kind of plot ; Kami-sama coming out of nowhere and giving us information, Yottsun being alive, Reji being mysterious, Masaki still hiding stuff from others..D:

THE EVIL MASTERMIND IS REVEALED. THEY CALL HIM BOSS.
Okay, they better give us good reasons for this, otherwise-

Jun 8, 2016 5:58 PM

Nov 2015
Yottsun is back! Also Koharun is the mastermind!

Jun 9, 2016 7:36 AM

Apr 2011
That was quite a revelation you got there, huh? :o

and Koharun is the "boss"?

Odd episode again haha But I'm quite enjoying it

Jun 9, 2016 11:04 AM

Apr 2012
Well I do like suprises and twists but having them shoved on my face using a future specs bulldozer is a bit too much, really
Jun 9, 2016 6:53 PM

Dec 2012
Wow, they threw another curveball this epsiode. Koharun really was the bad guy. O.O
Jun 10, 2016 3:21 AM

Jul 2014
I'll take "What is Deus ex Machina?" for $400 please.

Yes, I love having explanations dumped on me non stop. What a mess.
Jun 11, 2016 3:42 AM

May 2010
ofc Yottsun is alive-- I pretty much expected that by this point. No one is gonna die in this one.

So, once you get over your fears, you get back to normal life... but you feel lethargic as a side-effect. Interesting, but I don't see the point.

The two Jacks are getting into some kinda foreplay idc about.

Koharun is the boss... Where is this show even going, sigh
Jun 11, 2016 2:54 PM

Jun 2015
My thoughts:

And don't forget, smoking makes you worse than Hitler.
Jun 11, 2016 11:47 PM

Jan 2016
WHAT YOTTSUN'S BACK

I actually kind of liked this episode. There were actually some cool twists that weren't completely predictable.

Oh man, I really wanna see what's up with Koharun!
Jun 13, 2016 4:01 AM

Jul 2013
I'm not that surprised of the reveal of Koharun than about how is the nature of the village. So, basically, when you get over your trauma, you can left the village (like Mitsumune and Yottsun did), but if you lost it totally, you lost some of your life (like what happened to the old scientist).

Wonder how will this end. Except Valkana, the two Jacks, Hayato, the girls with Reiji, Masaki, Megane-kun and Love-pon, everyone it's seem to be devoured by Nanaki.

Surprised that at the end, nobody has died so far. I was expecting the series to went to the typical horror film movie path.
Jun 13, 2016 11:00 AM

Sep 2013
Return of the prodigal son, revealations of a god and a big F-U to all people saying that black dudes always get killed off early.......
Jun 15, 2016 4:58 AM

Oct 2008
I cannot understand this Anime.
0/5.

Jun 15, 2016 8:06 AM

Feb 2016
So kamiyama sama explained that the scientific reason behind those appearances is something that's not scientific. It was strange how mitsumunes dad suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Also why is jack kun referring to koharun as 'boss'. The fact that losing one's 'nanaki' has some side effects was an interesting reveal however that actually means that it will be much more difficult to leave this nightmare than previously expected.
Jun 18, 2016 6:03 AM

Nov 2012
WHAT A TWIST
but i thought koharun seemed suspicious, looks like i was right.
and lol yottsuns back. and he actually seems like a chill guy
Jun 18, 2016 3:26 PM

Jul 2015
NANKO IS STILL THE BEST GIRL. well... the best character for me...ok I'll stop.
This episode was ...weird? I am happy that finally we get to know a LITTLE more about this village.
Also Maimai going full tumlbr was funny.
ALSO ALSO that ending...I did not expect that...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2016 7:38 PM

Apr 2015
loved this episode. Finally they explained a lot of things. I really liked the story about what u can become if u lost your fears.
OMG and koharun is the crazy girl hahahah.
I wonder what masaki is doing...
Jun 22, 2016 11:47 AM

May 2016
I dont understand why this series receives so much flak... It is pretty entertaining and has no more plotholes than any other anime series. Hell, I'd say it is one of the better anime series. What am I not seeing?
Jun 28, 2016 12:03 PM

Apr 2015
Rapper guy is awesome lol. Glad he is alive.

I hope Kami-sama would get back to normal again.
Jul 5, 2016 5:51 AM
Jun 2016
Just comes to show no one really can be trusted.
Jul 10, 2016 7:59 PM

Jul 2010
Okay... okay...

Now this is a comedy.

I mean, what the fuck is this stupid shit?!
Jul 16, 2016 12:41 PM

Jun 2010
Ooookay, the story got even more weird now.
You need to accept your past, since loosing would be a bad thing. But that old man proved the Nanaki thing right, so how he lose? Somehow I fell off the wagon..
And why they're all now like they're in drugs. Sleepy and doesn't give a damn.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2016 10:52 PM

May 2012
I really wonder what the last two episodes will have to offer!
Aug 15, 2016 1:46 PM

Dec 2009
Such a strange episode. It was all quite easy to follow for me up till now, but now they just throw stuff at you so fast.

Why did Mitsumune had to stay in a specific dark hospital because him being found would cause an uproar apparently. How so?

So I assume that Reiji stayed there all this time to act like a sort of guardian, someone that explains the situation to people. But he hasn't overcome his own trauma even after all this time, which is why he's acting so emotionless himself, and only his goal of helping the people in Nanaki keeps him from dying/disappearing. He talks about a companion though, that being Misaki. How was she is his companion? She was only together with him for one day when they first entered the village and after that they separated. So how was he 'only talking to his companion' for the most time during his interaction with other people in the past? And how is it possible for him to see someone else's Nanaki? They never explain all this shit.

They really have to cut the bullshit regarding Lion's ability. Now what is it, is she able to see dead people or to see people who are about to die? She keeps switching it during different scenes and in this episode Nanko even tells Lion how she told her that that she knows when someone might die, while she never did. She told her that she sees dead people. Two separate things. This confusion started a few episodes back, when Lion told Mitsumune that she lied about seeing dead people and actually sees people who are about to die. Perhaps it's both? I don't know, they are being incredibly vague about it.

I was kind of confused about the whole aging/degenerating explanation, but this thread helped me understand it better. So if you overcome (as in mentally forcing resolve I guess?) your trauma, you age rapidly for losing part of yourself. If you decide not to confront it at all, like most of the group is doing right now, you just start a mental decline because the longer your unresolved Nanaki is out there, the longer you are missing a part of yourself, so you start a mental decline that ends in death or a disappearance? I don't really get why the effects are different in these situations, because in the end you are still without a piece of yourself, right? Anyway, so the only way to get out without any serious side effects is by accepting that your trauma/Nanaki exists, accepting that shortcoming on yourself and move on from it. This way, the scar remains and thus your psychological being stays whole.

I don't know, this story is really confusing and I'm just doing my best to tie things together at this point.
Sep 16, 2016 9:04 AM

Sep 2015
Ok at this point i know what kinda rating gonna get the last episode.
Dec 5, 2016 10:13 AM

Aug 2014
Mayoiga back at it again with the comedy gold...

As I expected, Reiji is another dumbass just like the rest of the cast. Ok, so you're not in love with Misaki, good on you for not going the incest route but shouldn't you still want to see your cousin that probably misses you? I mean you guys are still family, right? Maimai being a bigger dumbass than he is, gets mad not at that fact, but rather at him not reciprocating Misaki's feelings smfh.

That S&M relationship between Jack and Judgeness, like I have no words to describe this scene.
And the granddaddy on them all, that ending... you expect me to believe that Koharu is all of a sudden the big bad? LMAO!
KashKetchumDec 5, 2016 10:23 AM
Dec 18, 2016 12:23 PM

Jun 2015
what a horrible trap. If you stay you're dead and if you leave you're dead.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 30, 2017 11:03 PM

Dec 2012
His dad?
LMAO Some chick from his old school called him out of concern.
Holy shit at Piitan!
LMAO at Dahara.
lol at Nyanta.
lol at Naana. She's always right. That's why she's waifu.
He's Reiji.
Look at Maimai yell at Reiji. She's so cute. That's why she's waifu.
Yottsun is alive?
lol at Yottsun with the chop.
lol at Yottsun dodging the question.
lol Jack made HnJ his bitch.
Holy shit! He aged.
OMG! Someone save Naana and Nettaiya. Save my waifu's.
LMAO It's Koharun. Not even surprised.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 1, 2017 4:23 PM

Dec 2010
Oh no, Yottsun is back. This is kind of... suprise. I like it. Never expected this.

Story about Nanki Village is pretty cliche but it could have worked. Only with better characters and believable character development. The problem is that I don`t care about most of them, not even that. I want them to die in a brutal way.

So many useless characters. Those scenes with them falling asleep is a hidden message from the show`s director - "Useless nobodies die already OMG".

Jacks are working together, another suprise. Too bad they wasted great opportunity to show that they were working together from the start.
Koharun is bad guy. It was either her of Masaki. Or both.

Maimai - another wasted character. She was quite decent up to this point, now she is a raging one-dimensional feminazi. Bleh, awful.
Oct 6, 2017 11:44 AM

May 2015
'Well that happened' - episode.

Many confusing WTF moments and answers (?) in this ep.

Kinda liked it overall tho.

Nov 5, 2017 10:32 AM

Jan 2010
...I think things were explained in this episode, but...you know what, the show is almost over, now it's just endurance to see how this somehow resolves itself.

The dialogue was extremely rushed this episode. There were very few pauses between lines, especially towards the end of the episode. I feel like a whole load of plot was dumped carelessly.
Nov 30, 2019 4:38 AM

Jul 2013
I never liked Koharun, or at least I never trusted her. She showed up partway to the village, and randomly burst into creepy-ass morbid lullabies. I did like how she was smarter than all the idiots on the tour, but I guess now we know why.
Jul 17, 2021 2:09 AM

Jan 2017
Not a fan of the way this turned. I was hoping things would be fine if you lost your nanaki but losing yourself if you lose it?? Whack
Apr 28, 2022 4:27 AM

Jul 2016
sweetened said:
Yautja said:
This episode was a total clusterfuck. An absolute mess.

My thoughts exactly. v.v

I also thouht this... The whole show has nosedived from a good start to a mess in which I have no idea how they are going to end it.
Jul 13, 2023 6:59 PM

Jan 2020
Well I guess Nanaki village is a good place to settle your fears.....
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.