Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2016 4:35 PM

Dec 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Good chapter. Glad to see what's happened with Lili, Soo won and them. And we get some girl-time between Yona and Lili. Great way to end the arc.

But alas, all good things must come to an end; Kusanagi just had to end the chapter with that hairpin. And of course, it HAD to be Hak to find it. Sighs. There goes all the progress made on his side.

Also Lili finds love, though it's unrequited love.
Jun 3, 2016 12:07 AM

Apr 2008
Ok, it seems this chapter will be much better and fun. And despite Lily’s sudden crush on Guen-Tae, this chapter feels more like a buildup for Soo-won & Lily, since they get plenty of interactions. Besides, Guen-Tae is already married.

As for the ending scene and the hairpin remaining an obstacle for Hak & Yona’s romance. Who would have thought that in a shojo series something would crop up to prevent the main characters from getting into a relationship too quickly? <rolling eyes> Seriously, what do people expect from a generic shojo romance?
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Jun 3, 2016 7:53 AM

May 2013
Loved this chapter!
I'm so so so glad we got to see Lili AND Su-Won again. I find it so interesting how Su-Won never gives a proper answer when someone asks if he has a "special person". Su-Won is such a great character, I really wish we knew more about him. I'll ask this one more time: Kusanagi-sensei please give Su-Won his own arc!
Oh, and Lili. What a baby. She's one of my favorite characters by far. Watching her freaking out over her crush for Geun-Tae was so freaking funny haha I get you, Lili. He really is a handsome man, Yun-ho is a very lucky woman xD
Lili and Yona's friendship is one of my favorite things in the series. Sometimes I feel like this series lacks female characters, but the ones that we have are so awesome so it's not like I have the right to complain.
Yona admitting to Lili she likes Hak was so incredibly cute. I'm so glad she's finally aware of her feelings to the point of telling her best friend (yes, I see Lili as Yona's best friend) how she feels.
Ugh but that ending? Really, Kusanagi-sensei?! That hairpin is such a pain lol Now Hak probably thinks Yona still has feelings for Su-Won *sigh* but it's okay, we knew it was going to happen anyway. Too bad we'll have to wait until July to read a new chapter.
I missed the dragons and Yoon, though. It was the only thing lacking in this chapter, but we can't have everything at once, can we?
Anyway, I'm really happy with everything about this chapter :D
KagomeiJun 3, 2016 8:54 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2016 4:46 PM
Jun 2015
Please can someone send me the link of the chapter 124 ?? :( i can't find it :'(
Jun 5, 2016 6:31 PM
Feb 2016
Neither can I. well, actually I found raws, but I couldn't find the link again. I still cant find the translated chapter, and I can't read japanese, so I don't really know what happened. Its weird, 123 translated came out over a week ago, and the raws for 124 are out. I wonder what's up with the translators.
Jun 6, 2016 7:01 AM

Aug 2015
Where can I read this? No problem, RAW or translated.
Jun 7, 2016 12:13 PM

Jan 2012
Andes-Chucky said:

i saw u have updated chapter (in Last Manga Updates ) , have u read it?

Jun 7, 2016 2:10 PM

Aug 2015
AllenVonStein said:
Andes-Chucky said:

i saw u have updated chapter (in Last Manga Updates ) , have u read it?

yeah, I read it. RAW version. On someone's tumblr.
Jun 8, 2016 4:47 AM

Jan 2012
Andes-Chucky said:

yeah, I read it. RAW version. On someone's tumblr.

i see if u still have the link to tumblr , can u pm it to me ?

Jun 13, 2016 7:19 AM

Apr 2016
I thought this chapter was okay overall.

I definitely enjoyed seeing Soo-won and Lili's interactions. xD It was funny that she forcibly spoke politely to him, and he just had to see her spazz! LOL when Soo-won reminded Lili that Geun-tae is married... I hope to see Lili and Soo-won become more comfortable. :) It's pretty much hinted in this chapter that Soo-won did not have the same romantic feelings for Yona...at least not now.

It was interesting to see Yona having the same reaction as Soo-won when she pointed out that Geun-tae is married. :P

I personally don't like that Hak x Yona is SUDDENLY occurring right now. We've had so many adventures at this point that the romance to me just doesn't seem very necessary.

To be honest, I'd rather see the dragons and Yoon over a Lili and Yona interaction. :P

Hak will probably give the hairpin back to Yona. I don't see much hype here. Also, if Yona wants to become Hak's significant other, she just has to tell him or at least let him know somehow.
Jun 13, 2016 11:15 AM
Jul 2012
hello everyone
that chapter was amazing , i really liked it
i think you mentioned almost all the important events
i just want to point out one more thing that i beleive to be very important
when lily asked about soo won's special person , and he said " he liked people "
did it ring a bell ? for me it did , remember when king hiryuu said he loved humans ?
once , i read a thread about soo won's character analysis
there was a guess about a connection between soo won and king hiryuu
i think this is really interesting
what about you ?

= i'm sorry for any mistakes for english is not my native language =
Jun 13, 2016 1:50 PM

Nov 2011
"Most likely"

Yona should just say it to Hak already :p
Lili is cute when she's like that. Hopefully she finds someone that will return her feelings.
Jun 13, 2016 1:51 PM

May 2013
cloud-of-wishes said:
hello everyone
when lily asked about soo won's special person , and he said " he liked people "
did it ring a bell ? for me it did , remember when king hiryuu said he loved humans ?
what about you ?

Yes! I noticed the same thing. I once read a theory that Yona has Hiryuu's soul but Su-Won was his reincarnation. So it would be like Hiryuu was split between the two cousins.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2016 3:49 PM

Jul 2010
What the fuck, Lily :D

And why, why would you put such a downer on the last page?
Jun 13, 2016 3:53 PM

Feb 2015
I love girl talk. Yay!
HAHAHAHHA Lili was basically me. I get you, girl. Guen-Tae is incredibly attractive!

I was hoping the hairpin wouldn't be there. Can someone just throw it away please? I think Yona will end up giving it back to Soo-Won. Or use it to stab him...
Jun 13, 2016 9:06 PM

Aug 2013
Aw man so Soo-Won really had no feelings for Yona at all? Not even in the past? Such a cruel man (︶︹︺) but maybe he lied a little to Lily.

I think the problem here now is whether or not Hak will believe that Yona likes him now, after all those years of being friendzoned he might be a little hesitant and in denial loool How frustrating (;*△*;)
Jun 13, 2016 9:15 PM
Apr 2016
THAT GOD DAMN HAIRPIN!!
Jun 13, 2016 9:18 PM
Apr 2016
NatashaV said:
I love girl talk. Yay!
HAHAHAHHA Lili was basically me. I get you, girl. Guen-Tae is incredibly attractive!

I was hoping the hairpin wouldn't be there. Can someone just throw it away please? I think Yona will end up giving it back to Soo-Won. Or use it to stab him...
NatashaV said:
I love girl talk. Yay!

If she stabs him with that stupid hairpin, my life would be complete lol
Jun 14, 2016 12:14 AM

Feb 2011
K_hizzzle said:
NatashaV said:
I love girl talk. Yay!

NatashaV said:
I love girl talk. Yay!

K_hizzzle said:
NatashaV said:
I love girl talk. Yay!

NatashaV said:
I love girl talk. Yay!

It's sad to see how much the fans wants to see Su-won dead and making Yona the killer.... T_T oh well, it's all matter of opinion; but I personally really like Su-won as a character. Unlike most fans, I truly want to see the drama when Yona discovers the hairpin is missing and how she will encounter with Su-won the next time she sees him again.
Jun 14, 2016 1:43 AM

Apr 2008
majiloveanime said:
Aw man so Soo-Won really had no feelings for Yona at all? Not even in the past?
So it seems, Soo-won definitely didn’t seem to be in love in the first chapter or in any other and this chapter practically confirms that Yona’s love was one-sided.
Lain666Jun 14, 2016 1:48 AM
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Jun 14, 2016 2:17 AM
Apr 2016
sweetangie said:
K_hizzzle said:

K_hizzzle said:

It's sad to see how much the fans wants to see Su-won dead and making Yona the killer.... T_T oh well, it's all matter of opinion; but I personally really like Su-won as a character. Unlike most fans, I truly want to see the drama when Yona discovers the hairpin is missing and how she will encounter with Su-won the next time she sees him again.

I don't necessarily dislike su-won, i am actually intrigued by his character and, as much as you want to make him the bad guy, i think his heart is in the right place and want to see more of his story unfold. i just more had an image of Yona coming face to face with him again and just attacking him with the hairpin....Hak of course, is there watching and he and su-won exchange that expression like.....what is she doing? i just found that image funny lol
Jun 14, 2016 8:18 AM

Nov 2015
Lili x Soo-won though, I wish at the end of this series, they'll get together.
I really love the girl talk of Yona and Lili the most, too bad Hak didn't hear them!
Jun 15, 2016 6:04 AM

Jul 2013
NatashaV said:
I love girl talk. Yay!

This literally made me lol. I feel Lili too, that freak out over Guen-Tae...um I'm with you on that!! Love love LOVED the girl talk, haven't had that in a while, esp bc Yona is always surrounded by dudes (albeit very cute ones TwT) That stupid ass hairpin srsly, WHY. Just as things were progressing between Yona and Hak too :'(

Been reading marathoning this manga for the past few days, now that I've finally caught up, I cant believe I have to wait for...a month?? That's too long T_T How can you guys wait for so long, I'm worried I'll forget everything...
Jun 15, 2016 2:15 PM

Aug 2010
So the raws are finally caught up. Never thought this day would come :*) Been reading this since only 20 chps were out in Eng. What a ride it's been. Definitely one of my fav manga ever.

Loved the girl talk between Lili and Yona so much. Yona talking about Hak was so cute <3

Poor Hak tho, he's so deep in denial that Yona might possibly like him. He's gonna need a direct confession and I don't see Yona doing that anytime soon.

Really curious where we'll go from here.

And Soo-won man. This dude's one interesting character. He's like "I like people" :O We Izaya now lol
It's really interesting to his character that he actually returned the hairpin to Yona. What does that imply? He still wants her to think about him?
Jun 15, 2016 6:37 PM

Feb 2011
K_hizzzle said:
sweetangie said:

I don't necessarily dislike su-won, i am actually intrigued by his character and, as much as you want to make him the bad guy, i think his heart is in the right place and want to see more of his story unfold. i just more had an image of Yona coming face to face with him again and just attacking him with the hairpin....Hak of course, is there watching and he and su-won exchange that expression like.....what is she doing? i just found that image funny lol

So true, we can definitely see that Su-won is a good person in heart, he did a lot good deeds to his people and for his kingdom: he still has a genuine heart, but his major mistake he committed was he took revenge in his own hands- by doing so, he already given up his happiness for sake of vengeance for his father's death- keeping himself distance from the people he truly loves: (which are Yona and Hak) and I don't want to see Yona making the same mistake Su-won did: she should make justice, not taking revenge.
Su-won is surely an interesting character and we fans are curious to know about more of his character ( his mystery is what drawn to us of his character- and yet Kusanagi-sensie is still saving for his arc for later- we still have to wait ( like the saying goes: patience is rewarding).

Oh yes, I'm so curious to see what Yona will do next once she discovers the hairpin is not inside of that box: I'm guessing Su-won is take her from surprise when she knows he has it all this time: that hairpin symbolize Su-won's pure and true heart: it's the only thing exist now represented Su-won's true self that he keeping from the shadows.
sweetangieJun 15, 2016 6:42 PM
Jun 16, 2016 2:38 AM

Apr 2008
Barion-Zara said:

It's really interesting to his character that he actually returned the hairpin to Yona. What does that imply? He still wants her to think about him?

I think that he just behaved decently. He gave it to Yona, so it is now her property. If Soo-won kept it, it would be theft. If Yona wanted to get rid of this hairpin, she can do it. This is her decision, not his.
Lain666Jun 16, 2016 2:46 AM
Jun 16, 2016 2:49 AM

Aug 2010
Lain666 said:
Barion-Zara said:

I think that he just behaved decently. He gave it to Yona, so it is now her property. If Soo-won kept it, it would be theft. If Yona wanted to get rid of this hairpin, she can do it. This is her decision, not his.

True, I can't help but feel there was more to it tho. I mean just imagine what he would be thinking to himself. "Why would she still keep this after all I've done" or along the lines. It's sad when I think about it :(
Jun 16, 2016 11:46 AM
Jun 2016
Loved the chapter, I thought it was very nicely done and of course the pin had to make a comeback god dammit :/ but I like the complexity of the story as well as how Yona and Hak's relationship develops slowly and we can basically see Yona developing feelings for him.
Also, does anybody know when will the next chapter air?
Jun 25, 2016 10:09 AM

Jan 2010
K_hizzzle said:
THAT GOD DAMN HAIRPIN!!

HAHA, the feeling was mutual.
Jul 25, 2016 4:36 PM

Jun 2016
Enjoyed the talk between Lili and Yona. ^^ I'm really glad that Kusanagi introduced Lili into the story during the Water Tribe arc. Not only is she the first female friend of Yona's, but she is now also close to Su-won and said herself that she is interested to know more about him and how exactly he is Yona's enemy. I feel like she will be an important link in some way, and through her interactions with Su-won, we will discover more about Su-won's motives and character. I do not ship Lili x Su-won though... I don't know, it just would feel weird for them to be a couple by the end of the series.

SOOO looking forward to how Kusanagi resolves the never-ending hairpin dilemma by the end of the series. I really have high hopes for that.
Aug 24, 2016 8:05 PM

Apr 2016
Kagomei said:
cloud-of-wishes said:
hello everyone
what about you ?

Yes! I noticed the same thing. I once read a theory that Yona has Hiryuu's soul but Su-Won was his reincarnation. So it would be like Hiryuu was split between the two cousins.

WOW! Now I think that was an interesting theory! I had the impression that a reincarnation would have the same soul as the 'predecessor.' How would you differentiate a soul and reincarnation, in this situation?

I do agree that Su-won very much resembles King Hiryuu
I wondered if that connection the dragons feel is because of Su-won's great resemblance to King Hiryuu. Hiryuu had a warm and people-loving personality like Su-won. :)

But since the dragons had their awakening when they met Yona, it seems Hiryuu's dragon blood passed down to her(?)
Sep 21, 2016 7:20 PM
Sep 2016
OMG! I strongly ship KING SOO-WON x LADY LILY.. 💜

KUSANAGI MIZUHO-SENPAI, please make more development, soo-won and lady lily (basically,your manga) is the only thing that sent shivers on my spine huhuhu.. I felt butterflies on my stomach.. so senpai, please.. 😘

I hate that hair pin anyway.. hahaha ..

Lily is soooo cute 😃
Dec 29, 2016 6:34 AM

Dec 2009
I personally ship Soo-won x Lili more than Yona x Hak. They made this chapter much more enjoyable, hahaha.

Big Vers.
Nov 8, 2018 11:00 AM

Aug 2018
And of course it was Hak who had to find the damn pin. Goddamn it! ._.
Mar 24, 2019 11:20 AM
Jan 2019
Lili trying to impress Lord Gun Tae is cute! Yasss me too the first time i saw him I started to liked him, he has strong body and dark skin very manly! Addition to that, hes sense of humour!
Jun 18, 2020 10:42 PM
Dec 2010
The hairpin still survives. I am hoping yona would let go of the hairpin.
Jan 12, 2023 11:04 PM

Apr 2017
This was a cute chapter. I agree with one of the commentators about not shipping Lili x Suwon.  It just feels weird.  Though I'd definitely like a love interest for her.

I also do like her presence because one of my biggest criticisms was that this felt like a sausage fest, and Lili's presence with her bodyguards helps balance things.  I'm also interested in a mini Lili arc and showing how her leadership is good, while being different from Yona's.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 257 Discussion

crocodileman94 - Apr 19

5 by Jogii »»
Apr 22, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.