Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 2, 2016 6:45 PM

Sep 2014
Why are people even comparing this with AoT, this is 100% predictable...
We all know what happens with Mumei from now on right?
Jun 2, 2016 6:53 PM

Sep 2015
Aha! A villain I'll despise and want to see on the bad end of Ikoma's steam gun! :)
They did a good job setting him up, for the first half I thought he was pretty cool and had a unique yet valid way of looking at the world. Then in the second half I wanted him dead, like dead. Reduced to Yan-Nii Sama ashes.

Mumei is a tough one. She definitely cares about the main cast but her devotion to her brother may cause her to turn against them. I just hope she can be shown the light by Ikoma, who, by the way, needs to widen his vocabulary to actually hold an argument with the likes of Mumei :/

Nah, I actually think Ikoma is a great MC. He is righteous, brave hearted and nigh fearless, as well as pretty damn smart and funny sometimes too. He just needs to use his words more haha :)
Jun 2, 2016 7:03 PM

Jan 2013
block1 said:
I don't get the logic of the hunters, wouldn't it be easier to protect the weak and give them the courage to become strong and fight the kabane?

The point of the hunters was already shown to be wrong when Mumei was in the cave.

Mumei was weak so she should have died, and even though Ikoma was weaker than her, he survived. The whole strong prey on the weak mentality that Biba perpetuated doesn't actually work. It's possible to get strong by helping each other and supporting each other instead of taking from each other.

Right now, Mumei can't seem to see that because of her past with Biba. He's always survived. He gave her life meaning again so he can't be wrong and his ideals can't be wrong, even when she knows they are.
Jun 2, 2016 7:06 PM

Oct 2014
Tiemuuu said:

this exactly. I just completely tuned off during that scene... It was a very powerful scene in AoT (at least for me) but showing the same thing again is boring.

It was a great scene in SNK because what Mikasa suffered in her childhood(she was about to get raped), and there is also her Ackerman blood....

In Mumei case, it felts like a complete ripoff.

Jun 2, 2016 7:12 PM

Nov 2015
Ikoma is smart, i like Ikoma
Jun 2, 2016 7:15 PM

Apr 2014
This new guy is way to shady.
---------My Profile------------
Jun 2, 2016 7:20 PM
May 2016
Anyone know where a FULL comprehensive list of the OST is? The "full" OST that was released doesn't seem complete. I've heard at least 10 songs in the background that aren't in there. There was one in this ep that was very nice (around the middle I think). Melody sounded sort of like the ED.
Jun 2, 2016 7:25 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I really don't like Mumei as a character and the second half of the episode was rather weak. But the action was great as always.

3/5
Jun 2, 2016 7:32 PM

Oct 2012
Ugh it hurts me emotionally to see Ikoma and Mumei's relationship start to crumble after they just spent a few episodes to develop it.
Biba seemed somewhat like an anti-hero for the majority of the ep and I was fine with that... Until he went psycho
Mumei's not-very-apparent canonic age really shows through in this ep, seeing as she is easily influenced and naive in a sense. This pleases me with the semi-realistic depiction but also irks me to no end when she can't see the obvious that all of us trope connoisseurs have already picked up on.
I have to give props to Biba for being able to manipulate people like that but I'm not liking how the power balance is between his Hunters and the Koutetsujou's fighters
Hoping Mumei wakes up within two eps because it's gonna hurt me every time she hates on Ikoma now until she realizes that she was being used, and I'd prefer for Ikoma and Mumei to make up with a few eps left to develop their relationship and interactions further
PukingMachines said:
Ikoma is smart, i like Ikoma
Lol as do I
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 2, 2016 7:43 PM

Jul 2012
Come on guys give the man a break. It is NORMAL to smile when someone who seeks revenge gets part of his revenge done. I mean seriously, it is people who cry or while killing their enemies are the ones whose insane.

I salute people who sacrifices their humanity to overcome their sad and pathetic destinies even though their chance of victory is nil.

I hate naive protagonists who clamor about ideals that are unrealistic to the time and place but then writer gives him unrealistic power or fortune not available to others just to justify his claim.
Jun 2, 2016 7:49 PM

Apr 2008
Baka-Hiru said:
Come on guys give the man a break. It is NORMAL to smile when someone who seeks revenge gets part of his revenge done. I mean seriously, it is people who cry or while killing their enemies are the ones whose insane.

I salute people who sacrifices their humanity to overcome their sad and pathetic destinies even though their chance of victory is nil.

I hate naive protagonists who clamor about ideals that are unrealistic to the time and place but then writer gives him unrealistic power or fortune not available to others just to justify his claim.

Not sure if serious or just trolling
Jun 2, 2016 7:59 PM

Jul 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Baka-Hiru said:

Maji Desu! I mean do you seriously not smile deep inside if you successfully punched the guy who called you a dick? He's just being true to his feelings.

Also prev comment was an AOT reference.

It's like "Hey Mikasa! stop killing Titans and just become a normal cute girl with me, you will totally be more happy!"

but of course the story could further paint the guy blacker to say Ikoma was right all along.
Jun 2, 2016 8:03 PM

Dec 2012
Mumei & Biba are not siblings.
These Hunters know what they are doing. They destroyed all those Kabane.
Those steam-powered bikes look cool & nice team work between Mumei & Horobi.
That Wazatori was no match.
Biba has no mercy. He enjoys killing. So Mumei was turned into a Kabaneri.
Mumei was close to killing Ayame for the Master Key.
Now there are Kabane being transported. This is going to be trouble.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 2, 2016 8:09 PM

May 2016
Baka-Hiru said:

Wait....So you think losing your humanity is a SANE thing? Sorry but i think that claim is kind of contradictory...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 2, 2016 8:16 PM

May 2016
Baka-Hiru said:
Darklight0303 said:

Maji Desu! I mean do you seriously not smile deep inside if you successfully punched the guy who called you a dick? He's just being true to his feelings.

Also prev comment was an AOT reference.

It's like "Hey Mikasa! stop killing Titans and just become a normal cute girl with me, you will totally be more happy!"

but of course the story could further paint the guy blacker to say Ikoma was right all along.

Being true to your feelings is not the same as doing the correct thing. Futhermore, following your feelings and doing what you want to do is usually what forms most criminals ; We as a society have laws and rules exactly to prevent and punish those who just follows their feelings........Is the TRUTH.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 2, 2016 8:25 PM

Jul 2010
...lmao. What the hell, they put the "tatakae" thing here, that was bad.

Yukina <3
Jun 2, 2016 8:35 PM
Jan 2016
LordPerucho said:
Tiemuuu said:

this exactly. I just completely tuned off during that scene... It was a very powerful scene in AoT (at least for me) but showing the same thing again is boring.

It was a great scene in SNK because what Mikasa suffered in her childhood(she was about to get raped), and there is also her Ackerman blood....

In Mumei case, it felts like a complete ripoff.

It's funny that you'd call it a ripoff when you mentioned Griffith earlier.

I found that scene has a lot more in common with Griffith tossing his sword to Casca and telling her to make a choice and the similarity in how Mumei worships Biba like how Casca worshipped Griffith.

Of course, I'm just basing this off what I saw in the manga, I don't know how they might have changed it in the anime.
Jun 2, 2016 8:41 PM

Sep 2015
Bring on the next episode where we'll pound Biba-bitch-titties-sama's ass into the ground. Didn't like him at all from his first appearance, he gave off this really bad vibe and it all came together this episode. I wonder if this is going to be another moment where MC is betrayed by his friend (Mumei) only to have Mumei be betrayed by Biba-bitch-titties, and then Mumei joins MC and wipes the floor with Biba's ass.

Kill him off! Kill him off! The world doesn't need someone like him.

Another thought, since next week is episode 9 and Kabaneri is only 12 episodes long I wonder if this Biba arc will take more than 1 episode to conclude. I know it started last episode so technically this is part 2 of the arc but nothing big has really happened yet.
Jun 2, 2016 8:41 PM
Jun 2013
Great episode. Nice action especially when Mumei and Horobi killed the kabane boss. Great character development as well. Biba might be evil but an awesome kind of evil, which reminds me of Light. So far he didn't do anything wrong though. Those conspirators were willing to assassinate him so they simply get justice done to them. You suffer the consequences of your own actions. It's called karma. And however you want to put it the strong will always be the ones to survive. It's called the real world. Oh well, aside from that, this show is turning into my most favourite anime for a long time.
Jun 2, 2016 8:45 PM

Aug 2014
Never trust anyone named Bieber-sama.
Sieg Zeon!
Jun 2, 2016 8:47 PM

Nov 2011
Mumei became disliked in my book after this episode...everything she was doing was fine, she even made up for talking about that Dog...but you're going to trust some dude who turned you into a Kabaneri...strike 1, then you're going to Call these people on the Koutetsu, who are YOUR FRIENDS, liars...YOU THERATENED THE PRINCESS WITH A KUNAI!!!!! Strike 2! Yukina had to trick you because she knew she had to protect the Princess. (Yukina is severely underrated IMO) Then you're going to Sling disrespect and punch Ikoma just for caring about you...Strike 3 bitch. I thought she was going to be more of an independent female lead in the beginning now it's the same old sob story.

Still a good episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 2, 2016 8:49 PM

Jan 2016
this show is Wasted Potential 2: Electric Boogaloo!

Yeah, let's send this guy to assassinate our enemy. Aw man, who'da thought it'd fail! The plan was foolproof!

m-maybe these corrupt crooks really trusted him
Jun 2, 2016 8:53 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't trust Biba when he was the one who claimed that the strong will live and the weak will die... looks like my gut instinct is right. What a creepy, twisted fellow. Anyway, at the very least, it's good that this series actually has a real antagonist to hate on instead of the usual, nameless Kabane's.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jun 2, 2016 8:55 PM
Aug 2014
Place your bets:
-Ikoma kills Biba.
-Mumei kills Biba.
-Someone else kills Biba.
Jun 2, 2016 8:58 PM

May 2016
dm106 said:
Place your bets:
-Ikoma kills Biba.
-Mumei kills Biba.
-Someone else kills Biba.

Oh, Mumei killing Biba would be a nice way to show her final development of she overcoming her "brother complex" and stuff....but I don't think they will be going for this...
Jun 2, 2016 9:02 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not sure what to think about Biba, I hope he's not the final boss of this season, the way this is going everything's going to be too predictable. Hopefully the next episodes we get some backstory about Biba, and Mumei realizes what's best before something bad happens.
And yup, the whole "tatakae" scene was just straight off taken from AoT, though it had much more impact there.
Jun 2, 2016 9:09 PM

Oct 2014
I called the human experiments thing... Man... This feels bad.

I hope they execute everything from now on on an entertaining way at least.
ThieveryJun 2, 2016 9:28 PM
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Jun 2, 2016 9:18 PM

Dec 2014
It was a pretty good episode.

The hunters decimating those hordes of Kabane was amazing to watch.
Mumei and Horobi tag teaming that mutated kabane was epic, Loved that action sequence.

That assassin and the guys who sent him were stupid xD

Biba seems more of the Anti-Hero archetype rather than a straight out villainous antagonist to me, I do dislike the effect he has on Mumei. I suppose it's sort of warranted since Mumei's was in a way brought up by his ideals.

Interested in the past about the Hunters and Biba in particular.
Jun 2, 2016 9:29 PM

Jul 2012
HyperL said:
Wait....So you think losing your humanity is a SANE thing? Sorry but i think that claim is kind of contradictory...

Dude it's AoT reference. It's a fucked up apocalyptic world where losing your humanity is your only very extremely thin chance to protect humanity. (ex. becoming a kabaneri) ...on AoT it's the sacrificing the lives of your men just for the mere information that could overturn their losing streak against Titans.

For example, do you really think that Ikoma would even have the right to criticize Biba if he weren't a Kabaneri? I bet even hime-sama wouldn't give a shit about him after the first Ep without his powers. Even you would forget about him.

I'm just saying that this Biba guy is the only one in their world thinking how to actually seriously fight back against the kabane just in a very ruthless way because this world is Cruel. HE is the fucking pioneer of their ripoff survey corps so why don't you just run of and hide in your fortress drinking tea or eating diamonds or whatever that fuck they do in the interior!
Jun 2, 2016 9:30 PM

Sep 2014
Biba is pretty damn cool. It looks like he is going to be the antagonist, but at the same time I think there is more to him.

He might be fighting this battle in his own dark and twisted way.
Jun 2, 2016 9:34 PM

Jul 2012
Inugirlz said:
Did they really have to make Biba a villain? It was too predictable, it would of been more intense and interesting if he was actually a good person who just makes tough decisions (partly because he was betrayed), but making him smile when killing people and being so merciless and crafty is a pain.

But he's still one fine piece of eye candy like damn. Dat hair still be fabulous!

I like that other dude on the bike too. Like damn his minio--i mean soldiers are badass.

I'm thinking a Shogo Makishima type. A villain you just can't hate. But I guess that too high of an expectation from this shounen type anime.
Jun 2, 2016 9:42 PM

May 2016
Baka-Hiru said:
HyperL said:

Dude it's AoT reference. It's a fucked up apocalyptic world where losing your humanity is your only very extremely thin chance to protect humanity. (ex. becoming a kabaneri) ...on AoT it's the sacrificing the lives of your men just for the mere information that could overturn their losing streak against Titans.

For example, do you really think that Ikoma would even have the right to criticize Biba if he weren't a Kabaneri? I bet even hime-sama wouldn't give a shit about him after the first Ep without his powers. Even you would forget about him.

I'm just saying that this Biba guy is the only one in their world thinking how to actually seriously fight back against the kabane just in a very ruthless way because this world is Cruel. HE is the fucking pioneer of their ripoff survey corps so why don't you just run of and hide in your fortress drinking tea or eating diamonds or whatever that fuck they do in the interior!

That's what you didn't understand yet my friend....He is not doing none of this stuff for the good of humanity...He clearly is going around pretending to be a good person while killing people and doing kabane experiences in secret for his own selfish reasons; He lost his humanity not for humanity but for himself.
Jun 2, 2016 9:45 PM
Jan 2014
This Biba guy is aiming for the Shogun title and will probably kill his father in the process. Somehow Ikoma will save the day and free Mumei from his grip.
Jun 2, 2016 9:47 PM
Feb 2015
Biba is fitting the mold of the jaded character quite easily here, during the interrogation part. It is clear that he and his men were betrayed at the most critical moment, in all thoughts that is most likely to be the catalyst for his current personality. Revenge is most likely his main drive as of now, and that for his fallen men. Of course the whole show would just go sideways and put him into the generic villain pot just for the sake of those who can't comprehend character developments more complex than Power Rangers. As in one does not have to cast away private motivations for his actions to also have the beneficiary side affects

As for teaching Mumei that the strong survive and the weak dies ? Is that any surprising seeing as being a pussy in such an era means being preyed upon by both humans and kabane ? Of course the leaving out the part where strength can also be used to protect is a minus though.

As for the battle scene ? Wonder why they still use horses if there is steam power motorcycles ? I mean really..............

Of course the next scene is pretty much laid out already, the Kabanes are likely to get loose, Biba might try to pull something off to get the key, and Mumei would have to make a choice then.
Viktor_OtakuJun 2, 2016 9:50 PM
Jun 2, 2016 9:55 PM

Jan 2011
SoraSenpai said:
Mumei became disliked in my book after this episode...everything she was doing was fine, she even made up for talking about that Dog...but you're going to trust some dude who turned you into a Kabaneri...strike 1, then you're going to Call these people on the Koutetsu, who are YOUR FRIENDS, liars...YOU THERATENED THE PRINCESS WITH A KUNAI!!!!! Strike 2! Yukina had to trick you because she knew she had to protect the Princess. (Yukina is severely underrated IMO) Then you're going to Sling disrespect and punch Ikoma just for caring about you...Strike 3 bitch. I thought she was going to be more of an independent female lead in the beginning now it's the same old sob story.

Still a good episode.

Good analysis. At the end she is just a prodigious "young follower". It's not that bad but I can't say I'm pleased. Though her age implied that from jump.
Biba has the swag of schnitzel and the brawn of Sesshomaru. It's amazing how the pink hair doesn't give him off as goofy. Black hair would've made him seem less charismatic and what hair would've made him a little to cliche.
Jun 2, 2016 10:06 PM

Jan 2014
Biba and Itoma... the battle to decide Mumei's brother...
Jun 2, 2016 10:06 PM
Jan 2016
Why do they run like Naruto?

Jun 2, 2016 10:22 PM

Aug 2013
Mumei again back to be unstable, these her attitude changes really irritate me, a good brainwashing that Biba makes those next to him, I want to see how Ikoma will act from now on, although I think it will only chasing Mumei even though it is meaningless ..
Jun 2, 2016 10:45 PM

May 2012
And so Mumei's backstory with her anisama is yet again ripped off AoT when Eren yelled at Mikasa to kill that guy when they were kids

4061453 said:
Why do they run like Naruto?

Lol
Jun 2, 2016 10:48 PM

Aug 2015
Mumei's backstory is bad :(
Jun 2, 2016 10:52 PM

Mar 2015
I fail to see Biba as a villain, in a world filled with stupidity and terrible one and two dimensional characters, he seems to be one of the few who has a somewhat clearly defined philosophy and gives of some vibes of depth. And, honestly, his actions seem to be more on the anti heroic spectrum than villainous. But I'm sure if they want to take the villain route, he'd be sporting an evil grin from the next episode.

And, I hope Ikoma and everyone on Koutetsujou die in a fire. Watching them for 8 episodes and I still can't find anyone likable.
Jun 2, 2016 10:55 PM

Sep 2013
i hate the hunters
Jun 2, 2016 11:00 PM

May 2010
Has anyone else noticed the gradual drop in animation quality in each episode? This episode had the worst yet. They must have spent most of their budget on the first couple episodes
Jun 2, 2016 11:01 PM

May 2010
Doomdoctor said:
I fail to see Biba as a villain, in a world filled with stupidity and terrible one and two dimensional characters, he seems to be one of the few who has a somewhat clearly defined philosophy and gives of some vibes of depth. And, honestly, his actions seem to be more on the anti heroic spectrum than villainous. But I'm sure if they want to take the villain route, he'd be sporting an evil grin from the next episode.

And, I hope Ikoma and everyone on Koutetsujou die in a fire. Watching them for 8 episodes and I still can't find anyone likable.

EXACTLY... idk how hes even considered a villain. Most of His actions seem realistic. Damn...Kabaneri really is all action, no plot.
Jun 2, 2016 11:04 PM

May 2010
QWERTYFish25 said:
SoraSenpai said:

Still a good episode.

Good analysis. At the end she is just a prodigious "young follower". It's not that bad but I can't say I'm pleased. Though her age implied that from jump.
Biba has the swag of schnitzel and the brawn of Sesshomaru. It's amazing how the pink hair doesn't give him off as goofy. Black hair would've made him seem less charismatic and what hair would've made him a little to cliche.

Mumei seemed so much smarter in the other episodes...its almost as if they dumbed her down a few lvls as a plot device or something...smh
Jun 2, 2016 11:06 PM
Mar 2009
Good episode. I found ikoma nothing but annoying though in this episode
Jun 2, 2016 11:14 PM

Jan 2015
That's one flashy-looking sword Biba got there. Does it reflect his skill of killing Kabane? Well, I guess not since he just slash wherever he want without thinking about Kabane's weak spot. LOL
Now for the truth about Mumei's past. And again, I guess that makes her the "genetical manipulation" Kabane bred unlike Ikoma the pure-born Kabane type that get to be one directly from the bite of the Kabaneri.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 2, 2016 11:15 PM
Jul 2018
That was an intense episode.

Biba is so savage!
Jun 2, 2016 11:17 PM

Dec 2014
In a messed up world like this world there are bound to be guys like Biba around
Jun 2, 2016 11:20 PM

May 2015
Such a good episode, Mumei's regressing shows her depth as a character. The fights were amazing, I mean have you seen Mumei jump and shoot? Or killing zombies on motorcycles? (almost as exciting as playing card games on motorcycles) Or Ikoma shooting that Kabane? Just spectacular.
Omg that plot twist at the end, I still can't believe it, I am so excited for next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Today, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.