Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 2, 2016 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, I thought Yukina's reunion with Ouma is rather...funny. Yukina acting all tough but obviously she was scared.

The mecha fight was good, much better than I had expected this episode. I think they actually make a decent team.
Jun 2, 2016 6:17 AM

Apr 2010
So the kid who is tired of living aka the brat with the camera somehow managed to survive again even tho that rocket came so close to him.

Well in any case it seems Yukina is safe tho it was a bit odd how she was found.
And she is willing to fight now.
Jun 2, 2016 8:28 AM

Sep 2015
Lol that surrender, more politics in coming!

This series really has a special charm in it, all the episodes looks fine and simple, but for some reason the series keeps pulling you in and thirst for more episodes.
Jun 2, 2016 8:31 AM

May 2015
Fantastic episode. I totally ship Yukina and Ouma now, lol.

The fight was really well done once again, with some great OST. Can't get any better than this in my opinion. But fuck man, that camera guy is everywhere.... I can't wait for the next episode. Hopefully this guy won't blow himself up.

Jun 2, 2016 8:47 AM

Jul 2015
"Hey samurai, keep playing with those little bitches a bit longer" xD. Line of the day. Really good fight and I'm really loving Yukina and Ouma rn
Jun 2, 2016 9:27 AM

Dec 2012
Wrsty said:
I'm really loving Yukina and Ouma rn

I'm shipping them
Jun 2, 2016 9:59 AM

Jul 2015
Rorek said:
Wrsty said:

I'm shipping them
yup same. They are just too fun together
Jun 2, 2016 11:16 AM

May 2014
Let the shipping begin
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jun 3, 2016 3:26 AM

Dec 2014
ok I think Yukina was really captured by her father ho patched her up and thus said you will forget all about this
Jun 3, 2016 3:45 AM

Nov 2015
Nice ep, good mecha fight and comedy too. This anime is surely underrated right now. But I'm glad it's 2 cours and a original too.
It's really going interesting.

Well the camera guy is just annoying, can't we get him removed somehow? The comedy between Ouma and Yukina was crazy good. Their banter always amusing.

The action in the show is getting better and better. I like how they show that teamwork is necessary to defeat any villain. No one is invincible.

Hmmm, politics has entered in the show now, this sure will get interesting soon. I hope the show keeps throwing curveballs at us.
bluebear_toraJun 3, 2016 3:50 AM
Jun 3, 2016 4:53 AM
Nov 2015
Man that Youtuber sure is immortal.
Jun 3, 2016 4:56 AM

Jan 2015
Hhmm, a "weird" person wearing a fancy-looking watch? Well that seems fishy even for a dream.
It seems that Akagi will need lots of time and thing to do to get Yukina's heart. Especially after now that Kennosuke get in their way and Yukina still remember Akagi's fault in the past. Kennosuke, look out for the clouds. LOL
Aside form all that comedy, that robot-fighting and missile launching was surely fun to watch too. Now I'm pretty much understand about Kayai's excitement.
And that surrender-guy surely have a "large" forehead
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 3, 2016 5:07 AM

Jan 2011
I love Yukina's pouty faces

lol, so are those two guys gonna be there at every fight?
Jun 3, 2016 5:12 AM

Feb 2016
I am finding Yukina really annoying >.<
Other than that, a fine episode. The fights in this anime are just amazing.
4/5
Jun 3, 2016 5:12 AM

Sep 2015
Meh, the subs are not that good as always huh. Eventhou its free, still... at least try to get it right as possible and not adding extra word to it.
Jun 3, 2016 5:15 AM

Jan 2015
Oh damn, didn't see that coming.

Wasn't expecting the alien to surrender.
Jun 3, 2016 6:29 AM

Oct 2008
This was a pretty nice ep. I like those pilot suits.

Guy with camera not only doesn't care for his own life, he doesn't care for his friend's life either. I can't believe that reaction to his friend almost getting blown up. What a bastard.

Seems like both Ken and Yukina have an inkling of who the Efidolg at the end was.
Jun 3, 2016 6:47 AM

Dec 2014
"All people tell me to do is get in the damn robot."

Kek.
Jun 3, 2016 8:43 AM

Dec 2013
As much as I empathized with Yukina last episode for being a young girl that was coerced into fighting a war which she wants no part in, I cannot help but think her attitude in this episode was unnecessary.

If you're scared of joining the battle and want to run away, then just run away. I doubt anyone would blame a 17 year old girl for not wanting to join a war with alien mechs. Even Ouma and her mom showed as much this episode.

If you're scared of joining the battle, but still want to do it, don't fish for praises or request people ask you to join nicely. Just admit what you want and get on with it. Seriously, you're volunteering to join in this instance, nobody owes you nothing. Do all kids these days act as self-important and entitled as this?

Given the setting of the cave, I'm guessing Yukina's dad accidentally killed one of those aliens and stole his armor, and holed himself in that cave doing whatever research he's been doing for the past ten years. We'll probably get more of his story later, but you kind of guessed that he rewired that other mini-mech to do his bidding after some incident and has been in hermit-mode ever since.

Oh, and can someone seriously kill the camera kid off already? Both he and the biker kid are annoying as fuck, the biker kid a bit less so. His constant disregard for self-harm in his quest for views is ridiculous. I kind of wish biker kid's dad actually punched him last episode and broke his camera or something. I don't get how a mini nuke and an Anti-air missile exploding at close proximity haven't been enough to kill him yet. At least take an arm or a leg off, he really doesn't deserve to remain in one piece.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 3, 2016 8:56 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Very interesting episode....

I wonder if the hooded figure is Yukina's dad and if he is, I am VERY curious to find out what happened to him

Apart from that and the great action scenes, I really liked the romance-ish scenes and especially between Yukina and Kennouske...I ship it so hard right now lol
Jun 3, 2016 8:57 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
DanHellSing said:
Man that Youtuber sure is immortal.
This LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 3, 2016 9:03 AM

Jun 2013
Another great episode, our two mains really have great chemistry
Jun 3, 2016 9:12 AM
Aug 2014
ReaperCreeper said:
I love Yukina's pouty faces

This show so far
Jun 3, 2016 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
Another good episode.

Yukina and Ouma look good in those pilot suits.
Jun 3, 2016 10:03 AM

Aug 2013
Please kill the camera guy.
Jun 3, 2016 12:27 PM

Aug 2015
There's always gonna be one or two of these episodes in every mech anime:
Plan A: "[insert MC name]! Pilot this robot!"
"No!"
Plan B: "GET IN THE GODDAMN ROBOT [insert MC name]!"
"Okay."
Jun 3, 2016 1:27 PM

Feb 2014
The maniac with the camera must've an unlimited amount of adrenaline if he can film all of this, including a VERY close call from a missile and still remains excited. I would've crapped myself like his friend did if I was in that situation. ^^;

At least speaking to Ouma again, as well as being rescued by the armoured guy, must've helped Yukina calm down and get over her frustration from the past 2 episodes.

Although she stills remains nervous about getting into the robot, she's now committed with helping Ouma as best as she can.

The whole fight was really good, even though the tractor beam almost screwed over Ouma and Yukina. Thank goodness the missiles were useful in the fight. Sadly, I think it'll be the only time in this show where the normal missiles will do any sort of damage on the enemy. -__-

Overall, this episode was very enjoyable. =)
Jun 3, 2016 2:10 PM

Jul 2015
That martian knight defeated rather easily ( damn, sry its not Aldnoah Zero!) i bet his plan was to get captured all along anyway pretty good episode.
Jun 3, 2016 2:44 PM

Jan 2014
Wrsty said:
Rorek said:

I'm shipping them
yup same. They are just too fun together
CrotakuShinobi said:
Let the shipping begin

I'm still shipping Ouma x teacher, but it's clearly not going to happen.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jun 3, 2016 3:18 PM

Jul 2015
I'd like to see that... but that's only a possibility in doujinshi lol
Jun 3, 2016 4:55 PM
Nov 2012
Something wrong with the guy surrendering, must be doing it on purpose to discover who is piloting the black relic.

Akagi kind of annoys me hope he does not become a pilot & camera guy is being obnoxious.
Jun 3, 2016 4:57 PM

May 2014
Rorek said:
Wrsty said:

I'm shipping them

Is it just me that it's feel like the moment of Yuu and Tomori in Charlotte?
Jun 3, 2016 9:10 PM
Feb 2011
ibraheem234 said:
ok I think Yukina was really captured by her father ho patched her up and thus said you will forget all about this

Not sure about that since the title of the episode is called "The Demon Laughs in the Cavern". Demons = Aliens, Mind control != Natural Human Ability. What is clear is that the father did in fact meet someone given his watch and bloody notebook is present. Based on what was written it seems extremely unlikely that he would willingly stay in hiding if he found definitive proof. It is possible that he is alive given the notebook in the OP looks as if it may have a blood stain on it possibly.

As my previous wild guess theories it could be my enemies enemy is my friend for now. Whoever that is in the cave is possibly the same demon/alien from the BW photo and possibly even way back 450 years ago. Based on the appearance in the OP doesn't look very nice (has same sword). The episode's title is odd if it was her father being the one in the cave. Makes more sense if another demon is watching the schadenfreude and laughing.

The next episode will be interesting now that they have an alien prisoner who is apparently going to be very haughty given the title off "The Pompous Prisoner". The aliens clearly have been reading wikipedia given how he comments is this how you surrender.
Jun 3, 2016 9:55 PM
Aug 2014
I hope red bandana guy becomes a pilot. Gonna get friendzoned though.
Jun 3, 2016 10:42 PM

Jan 2009
im curious on that mystery guy that save Yukina more

but lol one of the enemy surrendered so they have someone to interrogate now on what the hell is going on
Jun 3, 2016 11:16 PM

Sep 2015
That guy that surrendered is named Fusunarnie have you heard of that name a few times or read the name in English subtitles throughout episode 7-8. So, the next episode could be all about him regarding the title drop of the the episode. He could have a purpose for surrendering to the enemie in contrary to Hedo from episode 6 who killed himself. I am very surprised of Fusunarnie's willingness to do that kind of action.

Plus his voice actor seems obviously similar, could it be that he is voiced by Koji Yusa who played Gin Ichimaru from Bleach? Guys what do you think.
RHS100Jun 3, 2016 11:29 PM
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
Jun 3, 2016 11:41 PM

Nov 2014
SO glad I stuck with this after this episode!
Jun 4, 2016 12:50 AM
Feb 2011
RHS100 said:
He could have a purpose for surrendering to the enemie in contrary to Hedo from episode 6 who killed himself. I am very surprised of Fusunarnie's willingness to do that kind of action.

It is possible Hedo was a hothead that doesn't listen to the rules given he launched without permission as they stated the previous episodes and then committed suicide when he failed. The guy this time seemed to be very intent on capturing them first, then killing, then when nothing else worked I guess talking was an option.

They don't have much intel on earth so when everything didn't go according to plan he just resorted to finding intel as a prisoner which appears to be a foreign concept. They don't know who is piloting the stolen mech, nor do they know how much humans know about what they are after although prisoners are not an ideal position to be asking questions.

skitzo said:

Bigger question is what has the mystery guy been doing all this time. There are mystery aliens in the 450 years ago time period and just a few decades ago in the BW image.
Jun 4, 2016 9:18 AM

Jul 2014
Totally okay to watch people die because you don't want to sit in a chair. Best protagonist since Shinji.
Jun 4, 2016 9:48 AM

Sep 2015
poiuytrewq said:
RHS100 said:
He could have a purpose for surrendering to the enemie in contrary to Hedo from episode 6 who killed himself. I am very surprised of Fusunarnie's willingness to do that kind of action.

It is possible Hedo was a hothead that doesn't listen to the rules given he launched without permission as they stated the previous episodes and then committed suicide when he failed. The guy this time seemed to be very intent on capturing them first, then killing, then when nothing else worked I guess talking was an option.

They don't have much intel on earth so when everything didn't go according to plan he just resorted to finding intel as a prisoner which appears to be a foreign concept. They don't know who is piloting the stolen mech, nor do they know how much humans know about what they are after although prisoners are not an ideal position to be asking questions.
What do you think when Fusnarnie (sorry for the typo name) finds out that Kennosuke and Yukina are the ones that are welding the Black Relic AKA Glongur.

skitzo said:

Bigger question is what has the mystery guy been doing all this time. There are mystery aliens in the 450 years ago time period and just a few decades ago in the BW image.
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
Jun 5, 2016 2:09 AM

May 2014
Nice episode again... Yukina's whiny attitiude and that camera guy annoy me ugh
Didn't enjoyed the romance though, it felt forced
Jun 5, 2016 3:54 AM

Dec 2012
LOL how the camera guy manages to survive, this guy is so lucky.
This was a very good episode, they make a good team and the fight was nice to watch
Jun 5, 2016 2:51 PM

Oct 2012
Rorek said:
Wrsty said:

I'm shipping them
Lol isn't pretty much everyone at this point? Their character interactions are hilarious!

Oh and props to these guys for managing to somewhat accurately show what happens when you ask questions on the internet xD
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 5, 2016 3:20 PM

Aug 2012
http://imgur.com/ByBQoJk
Just get in the god damn robot, Yukina!
Jun 6, 2016 12:41 AM

May 2015
ah still fine, this show never disappoint me
Jun 6, 2016 8:19 AM

Jan 2014
>was within 3 meters of a missile blast
>didn't die

youtube sensation lives on
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2016 11:24 AM
Mar 2013
Jesus Christ, would camera guy die already? Missile explodes next to him and he says "oh, how exciting". What a total prick.
Jun 8, 2016 1:55 PM
Feb 2016
Addictoholic said:
Jesus Christ, would camera guy die already? Missile explodes next to him and he says "oh, how exciting". What a total prick.

Missile explodes... without warhead??
Jun 8, 2016 2:26 PM
Mar 2013
ODENCAT said:
Addictoholic said:

Missile explodes... without warhead??

http://i.imgur.com/tyTc1Nl.jpg
Jun 9, 2016 3:05 AM

Nov 2014
Thanks ODENCAT, it was the one thing that really annoyed me with that episode those guys didn't go BOOM when they should have now it makes sense!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2016

106 by gswelcome »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:54 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

66 by lisalosthername »»
Apr 24, 2023 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

46 by L01MK »»
Feb 3, 2023 3:50 PM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

141 by Ronninn »»
Aug 29, 2022 1:32 AM

» 5 Years Anniversary Event

bastek66 - May 11, 2021

1 by Cabron »»
Mar 26, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.