Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2010 5:25 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
so the saber dolls join otaru and co. at their place to learn etiquette, this is not going to end well
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 17, 2010 11:28 PM

May 2010
Why do I enjoy this so much? I laugh at all the bad jokes, I get caught up in all of the predictable twists and turns, I am attracted to all of the generic character designs, there has to be something special about this show for me to like it this much! Anyone else find themselves inexplicably caught up in the saber marionette series?
“Money can't buy dere”
Jan 8, 2019 9:47 AM

Aug 2012
OH GAWD! So many things to be disappointed about with this, first and foremost the Animation has gone digital!! Which I did not expect for a 1997 OVA, this type of early digital animation always looks pretty crummy, the action stands out too much from the background and the lines are all jaggy thanks to aliasing. Add to that the loud MS Paint type coloring and damn this looks pretty bad alot of the time. Seems like J to X is also digital as well unfortunately. Such a shame. Eventually digital looked good and it had to start somewhere but mid 1990's stuff ain't to my standard lol.

Next since I'm watching the English Dub version yet more disappointment awaited because they've changed the WHOLE CAST! I think the old guy is the only person who isn't changed. Not only that they replaced the greatness of Brad Swaile with fucking Mona Marshell as Otaru. Seriously Otaru now sounds like he should be in Elementary School. It's actually disgraceful frankly. Sure if you had to change the cast I can understand, sometimes that has to happen but to not even try, to not even attempt to recast the roles with voices that match the original cast is insulting.

Finally why was the Woman trying to commit suicide!? She says she must atone for her sins but Lime and co came back, the computer is dead and without her 'sins' the human race would have died off or at least this pocket of it (I can't remember if there were other ships that left earth also). When you compare her to the end of the TV series to this OVA it's a stark contrast in her state of mind.

I'm really unsure whether or not I will continue with the dub, I really can't stand just how poorly they handled the changes. And I will stomach the change of Animation even if it hurts my soul and eyes to do so. Just such a shame this fun series had to be tarnished like that or at least the changes have made me feel that way personally.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saber Marionette J Again Episode 6 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Jan 21, 2010

2 by Kamirura »»
Apr 9, 2021 9:32 AM

» Did Faust "The Ninth" killed himself?

Telomere_ - Mar 17, 2021

0 by Telomere_ »»
Mar 17, 2021 7:57 AM

Poll: » Saber Marionette J Again Episode 3 Discussion

1 by glassknuckles »»
Dec 16, 2017 10:57 PM

Poll: » Saber Marionette J Again Episode 2 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Jan 16, 2010

2 by glassknuckles »»
Dec 16, 2017 10:56 PM

Poll: » Saber Marionette J Again Episode 5 Discussion

1 by Berry-Vodka »»
Dec 5, 2017 8:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.