Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think the last arc and resolution of Gintama will be like?

New
Jun 1, 2016 6:06 AM

Mar 2015
What do you think the last arc and resolution of Gintama will be like? Or what are you hoping for? Speculate or suggest.

In the final arc I'm hoping everyone in Edo that is decently skilled at fighting e.g. Ikeda Asaemon, Tsukuyo [they shouldn't be forgotten] join together with Gintoki and the other ex joi guys, along with the police forces of Edo to fight some sort of epic battle against the Tendoshu for control of earth or something. I'm wishing for some sort of intense 1v1 fight between Gintoki and Utsuro as the final battle as well. The ending would be a happy ending where they defeat the heavens.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Jun 1, 2016 6:51 AM

Jan 2012
Well, Like you said, their final enemy will without a doubt be the Tendoshu.

What I am most interesting most though is if they are going to through in some new enemy for the final fight or if they are just going to use Utsuro and Oboro for it all.

Also, as much as a Gintoki vs Utsuro would make perfect sense, I would rather the final fight of the series to be againts Oboro. I don"t know why, maybe because he has been around longer than Utsuro or perhaps I like him more as villian as a whole.

Another very important aspect is how the actual ending is going to be. Honestly I don"t want it become something mediocre like that they are just defeating the enemy and the series ends with a open-minded style, it has to have something more speciaL so I can be satisified.
How I love a game
Jun 1, 2016 8:02 AM

Mar 2014
I reckon it'll be as you say, every one who has shown fighting ability throughout the series (which includes Ketsuno Ana's clan), will be involved fighting against the Tendoshu.

I'm hoping Gintoki goes to find the sword Shouyou gave him which is what is used to end Utsuro, and that Sadaharu will fight in his transformed state.

Also, I expect Gintoki to die at the end of the series, and that one of, if not the, final chapter is Madao getting his life back together (stable job, house, wife, etc.).
Jun 1, 2016 1:52 PM

Apr 2015
I'll just hope for Sorachi to tie everything up really well like he always does and deliver a memorable ending. The arc itself should also be well structured and paced. I won't ask for anything more than that, Gintama has already given me a lot of things to care about.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2016 12:44 AM

May 2016
Gintoki vs Utsuro
People of Edo, Shinsengumi vs Tendonshu
The final battle: Gintoki vs Takasugi like the one in episode 150.
Then Nobunobu would rule the country fairly and the people Edo live peacefully.
_
_

Then maybe there will be a Gintama Z or something :3
I want become a mangaka like Sorachi Hideaki, but I'm not a gorilla
Jun 2, 2016 12:53 AM

Mar 2014
HakuDanRyuu said:

Do you mean the one where Gintoki & Takasugi are surrounded by fire? That'd be a wet dream.
Jun 2, 2016 1:00 AM

May 2016
ziggy_Z said:
HakuDanRyuu said:

Do you mean the one where Gintoki & Takasugi are surrounded by fire? That'd be a wet dream.

Yeah, but ignore those silly parts. They're disturbing the serious arc :3
I want become a mangaka like Sorachi Hideaki, but I'm not a gorilla
Jun 3, 2016 8:07 PM

Jan 2016
Current Arc (least possibility)
-Oboro/Utsuro will have to die in this arc (at least one of the)
-Kamui will die to help Takatsugi from Oboro/Utsuro

Pre- Final Arcs

-Nobunobu will try to abdicate or die but the cast will stop him. Nobunobu will have the position of the shogun again (but plotting something against Amanto and Tendoshou)
- The combined Shinsengumi etc forces hesitated but will think again (Zero screentime for them in the short period of piece)
- Yorozuya+Joui+Nobume will try to unite all Joui factions and remaining police groups + Kiheitai

-Maybe a few episodes of comedy and nonesense esp about Kheitai, Nobunobu and backstories (I want to see the Recycle-shop girl related to him lol)

- Tendoshou thinks that something is happening behind them. They are studying more about the Atlana

Final Arc- (Depends if if Utsuro survived)
a. If he survived, expect a large-scale war between earthlings vs amanto +tendo.Cliche, but expect backstories and twists.Shinsengumi will return to help them. Of course the MC wins.

b. If not, probably expect to somewhat follow the 2nd Movie.
Gintoki's identidy will be fully reaveled. blablabla, he will be the main antagonist of the last arc. Shinpachi will kill him to save the earth. hahaha

c. Gin might die on option A, but I will hate that overused plot resolution.

Aftermath
Resolved characters esp Kagura (from current arc), Shinpachi (final arc). Nobunobu finally stepping down for a NEW GOVERNMENT, with Katsura and Hata being some of the leaders. Madao will be happy again.

The question is will the anime follow the chronology of Japanese history in Meiji period, where the samurai and shogunate era will finally end? Or it will go backwards to preserve samurai...... or skip hard to the point where katana will be replaced by wooden swords?
Jun 4, 2016 6:22 AM

Mar 2014
@Nobumerk Why would Kamui help Takasugi? He's already paid him back.

And I believe the Samurai era will end after the final arc, and Edo will start to truly be modernised.
Jun 24, 2016 7:05 AM

Jan 2015
ziggy_Z said:
Also, I expect Gintoki to die at the end of the series, and that one of, if not the, final chapter is Madao getting his life back together (stable job, house, wife, etc.).
I think Sorachi said the series will truly be over when Hasegawa gets his life back. Also, Gintoki dying would make Gintama's ending the most memorable ever.
Jun 24, 2016 4:32 PM

Nov 2014
I also yearn to see Gintoki vs Utsuro, but I really hope it won't be 1vs1. I think it won't be fair for Takasugi and Zura. And ofc Tatsuma have to join all the frenzy.

...In short, what I want to see is Joui4 vs Utsuro. I'm too happy too see them together again to even think that they'll be separated again.
Aug 7, 2016 5:43 AM

Jul 2016
Gintoki and Utsuro will have and fight so awesome that everyone will die in an explosion by the defeat of Utsuro.
After that Shinpachi will wake up from the rubble and think about what he could done different in his mind he would be pep talked by everyone and after accepting that banging Otsu his life would be complete he will get the recognition of all the cast with claps and a lots of "Congratulations" then MADAO will reveal that all the series is nothing but the Human Instrummentality program and that he has been Gendo Ikari all this time.

This is not a copypaste of the awesome final gave to the series in chapter 150 8)
Aug 8, 2016 6:12 AM

Aug 2014
Wiziliz said:
ziggy_Z said:
I think Sorachi said the series will truly be over when Hasegawa gets his life back. Also, Gintoki dying would make Gintama's ending the most memorable ever.

I really really really hope it doesn't end like this T.T Sorachi should continue Gintama until he's generation dies lol. But I almost cry when I saw your post hahaha.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Chapter 487 Discussion

SilentTruth - Mar 26, 2014

6 by GreatestSaltboy »»
Apr 12, 3:02 AM

Poll: » JUMP MV /『Gintama』×『Samurai Heart (Some Like It Hot!!)』| SPYAIR

LittleStar - Jan 6

0 by LittleStar »»
Jan 6, 10:06 AM

Poll: » JUMP MV /『Gintama』×『Shura』| DOES

LittleStar - Jan 6

0 by LittleStar »»
Jan 6, 10:00 AM

» Gintama, the popularity vote has started! Who will you vote for?

kihel - Dec 18, 2023

2 by mokkocchi »»
Dec 19, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Gintama Chapter 142 Discussion

VARIAchan - Feb 1, 2011

3 by tcandy19 »»
Jul 1, 2023 10:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.