Forum Settings
Forums

Which anime has the best characters? And why (for the purpose of no simple listing)

Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Post New Reply
Jun 7, 2016 2:51 AM

LoGH is above all. Runner-up is Gintama.

Jun 7, 2016 2:57 AM

Kuroko no basuke.

Almost every character have a purpose and most of them are likeable. I would probably add them all to my fav character list.

Well from what I've seen.
  • Fate/Zero - main characters are really really well designed and some minor characters are outstanding as well.
  • Zankyou no Terror -although there aren't many.
  • Clannad - well in the surface they can look simply like a plot device. But if you think about some, you will realize how mature, wise and heartbreakingly devoted they are.
  • Shinsekai Yori - the plot trumps them all, but Saki, Tomiko, Squearel (+ he has one of the best eng ever) are so well done, and crystal clear characters.
  • Sunday without God - just watch it and cast a cures on me for recommending it (because there are no eng novels available, so you have to learn Japanese to enjoy this story to the very end).
  • Kara no Kyoukai - the worst character is better then the usual neutral+ / good- level.
  • Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - Without the movies it already has one of the greatest characters, but when you watch the film, oh it will go really wild.
  • No Game No Life - one of the few animes with outstandingly smart lead(s) plus great secondary characters.
  • Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle - copy paste what I've said about NGNL, and add the fact that it has great villains. As I assume everyone will find someone in the protagonist's group someone he/she likes.
  • Tales of Symphonia - let me introduce you to the goodness this anime is. The story is intense, and one reason I gave it -1 point because one really great character just refuses to show up for a long time (talking about
    ).
  • Simoun - You may hate the anime for what it looks like / sounds / accomplishes but you cannot deny the fact that it has some outstanding characters.
  • Umineko no Naku Koro Ni - I gave it to this anime because we have more then 2 great characters here.
And for some honourable mentions:
  • Your Lie in April - the only things it's characters lack is
  • Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu - trust me even the Endless Eight can't ruin it's characters., [spoiler]OR can it? Just watch the disappearance movie![spoiler]
  • Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch - there are good characters besides Lelouch but they get no screen time.Only Lelouch get's enough, but 1 character is really no enough totalk about geed characters.
  • Death Note - it has no good side characters, only Light and L are the two characters basically no one else has any meaning). That two are awesome though.

Gintama has the best characters as they all have some running gag about them and are given development.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.

Jun 7, 2016 3:25 AM

Gintama has the best characters ever.. then i ll put durarara and fairy tail

Jun 7, 2016 4:15 AM

Too many to choose from, but all those mainstream anime have epic characters, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece etc..but overall i like Psycho Pass also. Villains are just epic, you're gonna love them, and MC is very lovable which makes this anime a perfect for someone who likes character development. :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 7, 2016 4:25 AM

Almost no one is mentionning the likes of SAO,DBZ, Naruto, TG and etc? Good!

Gintama has the best one from what I have seen.

Jun 7, 2016 4:34 AM

Hunter X Hunter, because there is a large cast and they are somehow all unique and varied and have great interactions together.

Jun 7, 2016 4:37 AM

BeBackinaSec said:
Shirobako has the best characters. Even side characters are fleshed out.

Fuck anybody who disagrees.

Agree with this so much. Every character is well thought out and interacts perfectly with one another.
And I think we can all agree that The Lost Village has the best cast of the spring season am I right?
Modified by amk_2397, Jun 7, 2016 4:56 AM

Jun 7, 2016 4:38 AM
both Fate Zero and LotGh have an arguably outstanding cast of characters
here u go 1v1 me fgts fite me irl >:((((

Jun 7, 2016 4:41 AM

From my research, everyone who have read Grisaia VN almost always have at least 1 characters listed on their MAL favorite characters.
For anime, I guess you can try any Nasuverse Anime.

Jun 7, 2016 5:10 AM

Corey in the House has the best characters you plebs.

Jun 7, 2016 5:57 AM

Neon Genesis Evangelion, others can't even hope to compare

Jun 7, 2016 6:09 AM

Kurobas. It's one of the reasons it's my favourite series. I don't care about basketballz but god damn do I love the characters who play it. I mean sure, I don't love them all (Haizaki and Hanamiya can get fucked and Kise's an annoying shit) plus some of the characters on the non-Seirin teams are pretty boring, but on the whole it's such a strong cast. I don't care if they're not all *~*original*~*, they're just written very well.

I mean shit, I don't even know who my favourite character is. I'm 99% sure it's Murasakibara, but then there's Akashi motherfucking Seijuurou. I also love Mibuchi a lot, as well as Kuroko himself, Riko, Hyuuga, Midorima, Alex, Kagami... you get the idea.

And don't even get me started on all the wonderful ships.

As for something a bit less obvious, my second most favourite cast of characters is probably the cast of Minamike. I usually don't like slice of life series but everyone was just so amusing (except for like, Haruka and Uchida). It's a lot simpler of a series so the characters aren't as in-depth or as defined as in other shows, but I still had a hell of a lot of fun with them. Especially Hosaka.

Jun 7, 2016 8:38 AM
i would say haikyuu as almost all characters have a pretty important role to play in the team. One example would be yamaguchi.

Jun 7, 2016 9:40 AM

I gotta give props to Fullmetal Alchemist, both the 2003 and 2009 versions. Not only do they both have a ridiculously huge cast, but they manage to sprinkle a generous amount of development onto damn-near all of them, especially the 2003 series. While other series struggle with the quality vs. quantity dilemma, Fullmetal Alchemist simply shrugs and asks, "Why not both?"

This glorious signature made by @Mayumi leads to my
superior reviews! Most Recent: Mirai of the Future!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Isekai peaked in the 90s. The genre has sucked ever since.
There is nothing wrong with liking shounen action anime.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There is always top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd GIG."

Jun 7, 2016 9:43 AM

Well , for me is Twgok
i loved the majority of characters in that anime (and that rarely happen to me)
Keima , Elsie , Shiori , Kanon , Tenri ..etc

Jun 7, 2016 12:22 PM

Psycho pass all the way ! It pretty much delves into each of the characters backgrounds and they all have contrasting personalities (that aren't the same stereotypical anime tropes...) Also the character development itself (whether positive or negative development) additionally makes the characters even more interesting which has caused myself to want to know even more about said characters !!

Jun 7, 2016 12:51 PM

Monster, actually I've never heard one correct criticism of the characters. From Lunge to Richard Braun, to Dieter, to Rudy, to even characters like Jurgens. Especially Johan, obviously. There's probably more holes in the story than the characters. All interesting characters, with especially interesting interactions.

Richard Braun is one that made an immediate impact with me, but this isn't really One Piece or anything so it's hard to describe the qualities of a character without spoiler their story arc.
Modified by ashfrliebert, Jun 7, 2016 12:57 PM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ

Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]