Forum Settings
Forums
May 31, 2016 5:22 AM
Hi,

I haven't any real information about this topic.

Does someone know when the 7th volume is scheduled ?

Regards !

May 31, 2016 7:25 AM

Don't think any date has been announced. Afaik the side stories archive was announced but no news abt vol 7.

May 31, 2016 9:05 AM

I hear the author is incredibly slow, but perhaps @Zefyris knows something about this.

May 31, 2016 10:11 AM

side story archive volume was published 2 months ago. The author usually have a 7-9 months gap between two released volumes, don't know if this will be the same between the archive 1 volume and volume 7.

No news so far. Dash X bunko only gives infos for incoming novels 1 month prior to the release date, so we only have infos up to June 24th releases right now. Could come any month after that. Probably will be released toward the end of the year, though.

May 31, 2016 1:58 PM
Thanks a lot for the answers everyone !

Oct 18, 2017 11:18 PM
it's been like 2 years at this point since a volume was released, any updates?

Oct 19, 2017 12:22 PM

triton6783 said:
it's been like 2 years at this point since a volume was released, any updates?

Except for the fact that it's not this month, no we don't know anything more. That author has never been very communicative to begin with.

Oct 21, 2017 1:14 PM
I believe the series is on indefinite hiatus...
It's pretty sad

Oct 23, 2017 10:06 PM
Kilvann said:
It's pretty sad

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKK
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie

Oct 24, 2017 11:32 AM

Kilvann said:
It's pretty sad

Lelouch_Darsi said:
Kilvann said:
It's pretty sad

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKK

It's not. That author was always slow, and volume 6 ends the first part of the story. if you look at how the volume 1 to 6 were crafted, basically volume 2 to 5 took back things introduced or foreshadowed in volume 1 constantly, and culminated with a "final battle" that resulted from those various things, in volume 6.
Meaning that for volume 7, he's kind of back to a writing difficulty closer of crafting volume 1 (well, kind of) than crafting volume 2-6.
It already took him up to 1 year and 4 month for one of those volumes despite that.
So of course volume 7 will take (and IS taking) longer.
Nothing to panic about here. the interval between 7 and 8 and so on should shorten again afterwards logically.

Oct 25, 2017 2:01 AM
The series have been on hiatus for the spinoff to be written. And he hasn't communicate anything since then so it's still technicaly on hiatus.
Or maybe i'm completely wrong ?

Oct 26, 2017 3:57 AM

Kilvann said:
The series have been on hiatus for the spinoff to be written. And he hasn't communicate anything since then so it's still technicaly on hiatus.

hiatus
hʌɪˈeɪtəs
noun
a pause or break in continuity in a sequence or activity.

Contrary to weekly, montly, yearly or whatever publications, novel series usually don't have a specific interval of time in between two books. it's not rare to see huge differences of intervals for a single series. The highest gap we had before for RnY was one year and 4 month, while the lowest was something like 7 months.

Also, there is no such thing as a spin off. There is a single volume of side stories that was published last year, sure, but that's about it, and it's not creating a "hiatus" of any sort.

Finally, that author doesn't communicate anyway. So him not communicating is nothing new. That publisher only communicates about its new volumes releases schedule around 20 days before the release date too, so for what we know, it could be released next month.

So yes, I would say you're quite wrong.

Modified by Zefyris, Oct 26, 2017 4:01 AM

Oct 27, 2017 7:24 AM
Zefyris said:
Kilvann said:

hiatus
hʌɪˈeɪtəs
noun

Contrary to weekly, montly, yearly or whatever publications, novel series usually don't have a specific interval of time in between two books. it's not rare to see huge differences of intervals for a single series. The highest gap we had before for RnY was one year and 4 month, while the lowest was something like 7 months.

Also, there is no such thing as a spin off. There is a single volume of side stories that was published last year, sure, but that's about it, and it's not creating a "hiatus" of any sort.

Finally, that author doesn't communicate anyway. So him not communicating is nothing new. That publisher only communicates about its new volumes releases schedule around 20 days before the release date too, so for what we know, it could be released next month.

Zefyris said:
Kilvann said:

hiatus
hʌɪˈeɪtəs
noun

Ok my bad. Let's wait wait for the next news .

Jan 4, 2018 2:05 PM
some news from volume 7 of rokka no yuusha?

Jan 30, 2018 6:42 AM
can't wait for volume 7

Feb 6, 2018 2:08 AM
@Zefyris It's 2018 now. Any news about volume 7?
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie

Feb 6, 2018 2:33 AM

Lelouch_Darsi said:

As you can see here,
http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/release/future.php
nothing for this month.

Apr 23, 2018 11:47 AM
2018 *clapclap
still waiting *clapclap

Sep 7, 2018 5:09 PM

*clapclap
*clapclap
*clapclap
*clapclap
The good thing is that the author is still young, so I can just hope that he's taking his time to make another perfection...

Sep 11, 2018 4:41 PM
Zefyris said:
Lelouch_Darsi said:

As you can see here,
nothing for this month.

I think after 2 years this is a "hiatus"

What a shame, was thinking in reading the novels but if there's no a continuation Idk if is worth it :(

Dec 21, 2018 3:44 PM

NHS-KEMISH said:
Zefyris said:

As you can see here,
nothing for this month.

I think after 2 years this is a "hiatus"

What a shame, was thinking in reading the novels but if there's no a continuation Idk if is worth it :(
You can't have a hiatus if you don't have a publication schedule to begin with. Nobody says GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire series is on hiatus despite the widening gaps between releases.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"

Dec 23, 2018 1:08 AM

Yes, that was indeed my point.
But man the new volume is really long to come out :(.

Dec 30, 2018 6:48 PM

Zefyris said:
Yes, that was indeed my point.
But man the new volume is really long to come out :(.
Imagine being a fan of the 12 Kingdoms series though.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-12-12/1st-new-twelve-kingdoms-novel-story-in-6-years-slated-for-2019/.140692

The last proper instalment in the series was published 17 years ago and then we got a couple of short stories 5 years ago.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"

Feb 7, 6:49 PM

I dunno, i think its time to face the truth guys - i dont think we are ever going to get another volume...
This series is not on hiatus, it has been dropped by its creator.
Last volume was released when anime was airing - not only anime sold badly but also probably it never boosted sales enough for him to be profitable enough to care.
And english sales were also not good enough i bet for him to write for hes english fans...

Its shame because story was superb and i really wanted to read it, but since i know it wont get any closure i just cant to force myslelf to do it.
harem and ecchi are a cancer to whole planet
bad english user

Feb 19, 6:46 AM
Sidholun said:
I dunno, i think its time to face the truth guys - i dont think we are ever going to get another volume...
Last volume was released when anime was airing - not only anime sold badly but also probably it never boosted sales enough for him to be profitable enough to care.
And english sales were also not good enough i bet for him to write for hes english fans...

Its shame because story was superb and i really wanted to read it, but since i know it wont get any closure i just cant to force myslelf to do it.

Isn´t around 10 000 copies enough to continue story? there are other authors that are selling worse but still continuing the story and slowly getting more and more sells like Average abilities have 10 volumes and sell the same as Rokka well little better? amd then here is a shield hero...last volume sold around 5 000 copies and the author still continuing writing the story even thought anime is popular it doe´t [quote=Sidholun message=56896174]I dunno, i think its time to face the truth guys - i dont think we are ever going to get another volume...

Its shame because story was superb and i really wanted to read it, but since i know it wont get any closure i just cant to force myslelf to do it

Isn´t around 10 000 copies enough to continue story? there are other authors that are selling worse but still continuing the story and slowly getting more and more sells like Average abilities have 10 volumes and sell the same as Rokka well little better? amd then here is a shield hero...last volume sold around 5 000 copies and the author still continuing writing the story even thought anime is popular it doe´t Isn´t around 10 000 copies enough to continue story? there are other authors that are selling worse but still continuing the story and slowly getting more and more sells like Average abilities have 10 volumes and sell the same as Rokka well little better? amd then here is a shield hero...last volume sold around 5 000 copies and the author still continuing writing the story even thought anime is popular it doesn´t show the Selling Boost at all.Author wrote after the 6th side story vol. which sold less than 5000 copies(it is side story vol. what would you expect,everyone wants the story to continue not just sides tory),I think that author made the wrong choice and wrote the side story instead of 7th vol.

Feb 28, 8:15 AM
I just finished reading volume 6. At the very least, it finished the story arc. Here's hoping that this isn't the end of Rokka though.