Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 29, 2016 8:53 PM
Jan 2014
She's supposedly strong enough to be Smoker's #2, but time and time again she shows that she can't keep up with the big boys. Is she really capable of keeping up with the Straw Hats? Is she New World strong?

At the very least, is she as good as Brooke?
May 30, 2016 12:11 AM

Mar 2014
She's between low & mid trio.
May 30, 2016 2:16 AM
Aug 2015
She is weak, not fodder level weak, but still far below any of the current Straw Hats.
May 30, 2016 2:20 AM

Jan 2015
Brook is a pretty capable fighter, he would run circles around Tashigi. I don't think she's a match for any of the Straw Hats.
Jun 18, 2016 6:05 AM

Jun 2011
Let's be real here, Smoker is not even in the monster trio's league, how do you expect Tashigi to be there, and there's a rather big gap between Smoker and Tashigi's 'power level'. I can't tell how strong she is, or where she stands to be honest, but she got to be at least on par with, or stronger than the weakling trio (Nami, Usopp, Chopper) since she can use haki. If we go by the Monet comparison, she can't handle Monet alone, but Nami and Robin could stall her, and Nami even damaged Monet a little bit. I suppose they are about equal?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 19, 2016 3:30 AM

Mar 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
Let's be real here, Smoker is not even in the monster trio's league, how do you expect Tashigi to be there, and there's a rather big gap between Smoker and Tashigi's 'power level'. I can't tell how strong she is, or where she stands to be honest, but she got to be at least on par with, or stronger than the weakling trio (Nami, Usopp, Chopper) since she can use haki. If we go by the Monet comparison, she can't handle Monet alone, but Nami and Robin could stall her, and Nami even damaged Monet a little bit. I suppose they are about equal?
Fuck, finally, someone else said this.
Jun 19, 2016 3:15 PM

May 2015
Imagine Whitebeard, except the opposite.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Aug 8, 2016 3:58 PM
Aug 2016
I would like to think that Smoker keeps her around because she's cute... Not because of her strength. She is fair, but she isn't someone who could keep up with the Straw Hat Pirates. Unless she's hiding a secret from us.
Aug 17, 2016 12:55 PM

Jan 2012
Brook would destroy her easily.

Tashigi is probably average in terms of power. She could probably beat any one of those no named underlings, but no one with a bounty on their head. Of course in the New World she is probably considered weak.
Aug 18, 2016 9:54 PM

Jul 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
Let's be real here, Smoker is not even in the monster trio's league
Time and time again when he and Luffy face each other, he gives him a very tough fight until Luffy escapes (Tashigi fighting with Smoker's body doesn't count).
Aug 21, 2016 1:45 AM

Jun 2011
ColdJester said:
Time and time again when he and Luffy face each other, he gives him a very tough fight until Luffy escapes (Tashigi fighting with Smoker's body doesn't count).
They haven't fought once after the time skip iirc, it was all before the time skip, and since then, Luffy has made a leap in his overall prowess. Gear 4th would absolutely stomps Smoker; that mode made Doffy looked like a fool, granted Doffy was not at his best, and Smoker was punked by Doffy, about to get himself killed had it not been for Aokiji. Smoker was not at full health either during his confrontation with Doffy, but the dominance was apparent.

The only reason why pre-timeskip Luffy couldn't deal with Smoker is because he didn't have a mean to bypass the smoke intangibility.
Aug 22, 2016 9:19 PM

Jul 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
ColdJester said:
They haven't fought once after the time skip iirc, it was all before the time skip, and since then, Luffy has made a leap in his overall prowess. Gear 4th would absolutely stomps Smoker; that mode made Doffy looked like a fool, granted Doffy was not at his best, and Smoker was punked by Doffy, about to get himself killed had it not been for Aokiji. Smoker was not at full health either during his confrontation with Doffy, but the dominance was apparent.

The only reason why pre-timeskip Luffy couldn't deal with Smoker is because he didn't have a mean to bypass the smoke intangibility.
I agree that Luffy is possibly stronger. However, he needed two Gear 4ths before he could defeat Doffy, and Doffy gave Sanji a beating just like with Smoker before Sanji escaped, so I wouldn't say that Smoker couldn't be in the monster trio.
Aug 24, 2016 3:09 AM

Jun 2011
ColdJester said:
I agree that Luffy is possibly stronger. However, he needed two Gear 4ths before he could defeat Doffy, and Doffy gave Sanji a beating just like with Smoker before Sanji escaped, so I wouldn't say that Smoker couldn't be in the monster trio.
Just because A > B and A > C, doesn't make B = C. Doffy completely looked down on Smoker, but he (sarcastically?) said that Sanji was strong. Sanji lacked the information on Doffy's power.

Yes, Luffy needed 2 gear 4th to take down Doffy, but if we look deeper into the battle, Gear 4th was out-edging Doffy, Doffy could barely deal with it, and what makes you think that Smoker stood a chance against it? Gear 4th Luffy would obliterate Punk Hazard's Smoker, and I can tell you this, Luffy doesn't need 2 gear 4th for Smoker.

As for the other monster trio, we'll see after the latest arc (WCI) for Sanji, but to me, Zoro has already outclassed Smoker just based on his destructive scaling.

quick edit: Luffy >>> Zoro > Sanji, imo monster trio now is just monster Luffy and beasts Zoro and Sanji.
Sep 8, 2016 8:53 AM

Jul 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
ColdJester said:
Just because A > B and A > C, doesn't make B = C. Doffy completely looked down on Smoker, but he (sarcastically?) said that Sanji was strong. Sanji lacked the information on Doffy's power.

Yes, Luffy needed 2 gear 4th to take down Doffy, but if we look deeper into the battle, Gear 4th was out-edging Doffy, Doffy could barely deal with it, and what makes you think that Smoker stood a chance against it? Gear 4th Luffy would obliterate Punk Hazard's Smoker, and I can tell you this, Luffy doesn't need 2 gear 4th for Smoker.

As for the other monster trio, we'll see after the latest arc (WCI) for Sanji, but to me, Zoro has already outclassed Smoker just based on his destructive scaling.

quick edit: Luffy >>> Zoro > Sanji, imo monster trio now is just monster Luffy and beasts Zoro and Sanji.
Sure, I concede that Luffy is stronger than Smoker, but I wouldn't rule Smoker out of fitting in the monster trio just yet.
Sep 8, 2016 2:33 PM

May 2015
Tashiga is probably level with the likes of Nami atm.
About Smoker though, I've always had this feeling that he'll be the one to defeat Akainu. Calling it now.
Sep 8, 2016 2:34 PM

Sep 2009
She may as well not exist because Smoker's around.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

13 by Abyhape »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 17, 11:48 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

32 by vsuc »»
Apr 17, 1:43 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1111 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 19

47 by Zorowork »»
Apr 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 768 Discussion

YerinArelius - Nov 19, 2014

47 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 14, 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.