Forum Settings
Forums

Is it better to binge-watch or take your time with anime?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 30, 2016 2:38 AM

Dec 2015
Depends. If you're in a hurry then it's reasonable. But if you like the story, then you should take your time and enjoy, same goes with comedy, but am kinda fast watcher with 15 per day, so can't tell you much. (^▽^)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2016 2:46 AM

Jan 2015
I take my time watching anime, why rush? :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

May 30, 2016 2:54 AM

Dec 2014
I watch multiple animes at the same time (not because I watch all the seasonals).
My record is for Hellsing Ultimate : ~half a year to complete (obviously I don't consider neverendings to this category).
The most likely to set to record is Jormungand: currently more than 1,5 years have past since I started it.
May 30, 2016 3:02 AM

Jan 2016
I'm always watching anime at my own pace....

SOmetimes, I'll finish it in an instant... Sometimes(like the ARia series), I'm really taking my time.
May 30, 2016 4:14 AM

Feb 2016
I always wait for an anime to be finished before starting watching it so i can marathon it in a day or 2.. But mostly because they re very short.. a normal tv series (40 mins and many seasons) i like to watch it still airing and wait one year for its sequel
May 30, 2016 4:37 AM

Jun 2012
I'd say, streaming an anime fast or not, both have it's own distinction and value....

It will always felt fulfilling after watching for hours and hours straight with the tension or excitement or disappointment or whatever expression else. But then again, it's like eating a food in a rush, the taste is also ephemeral.

PS : Though I prefer watching non-stop, and will always be.. XD
May 30, 2016 4:39 AM

Jul 2014
well..if u fnish it ASAP and dont understand a thing....then its not rlly worth it and its a waste of ur time.... so taking your time is the most recommended.... my opinion ofc
May 30, 2016 5:26 AM

Apr 2010
If I wait too much, it's more difficult to relate. Even a week can be a lot. But if it's everyday, it isn't any different from tv, right?

May 30, 2016 5:43 AM
Nov 2014
For a short show usually try to complete it at an average pace,for long running shows I tend to rush it but do enjoy it
May 30, 2016 6:02 AM

Jul 2015
depends , if my friend didn't borrow my laptop i would rushed it
Well Duh...

May 30, 2016 6:07 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Really depends on execution my mood

I prefer to take my time if it's an anime which doesn't rely on story like Hokuto no Ken or Kiniro Mosaic

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 30, 2016 6:09 AM

Jan 2015
Since when did watching anime become a competition lol :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

May 30, 2016 6:15 AM

May 2016
Ultimatedeath said:

I think the people who primarily rush are the people doing the "watch 50 TV anime in a year" challenge. Which is madness.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
May 30, 2016 6:24 AM

Jan 2015
Zelkiiro said:
Ultimatedeath said:

I think the people who primarily rush are the people doing the "watch 50 TV anime in a year" challenge. Which is madness.

Yea, I could pull it off or maybe watch more than that but I'll feel empty afterwards because I rushed it and end up sad :3

May 30, 2016 6:30 AM
Sep 2015
take your time. dont stress yourself on finishing one anime ASAP. u wont enjoy it that way but in some ocasions i cant stop watching because its too good lol right now im watching soul eater currently at ep 14 and it has a total of 51episodes i believe .while for now i havent really felt the urge to watch it non stop.because its still OK and nothing exciting is happening im gonna take my time lol
May 30, 2016 6:33 AM
Sep 2015
how do i reply to someones posts?
someone tell me please lol
May 30, 2016 6:33 AM

May 2016
ikato_kiyazaki said:

In the bottom-right corner of the post, you have two options: Report and Quote. Quote is the one you're looking for, and it'll open a Quick Reply box for you to type your message underneath. Unless it's your own post, in which case you'll get three additional options: Edit, Quick Edit, and Delete.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
May 30, 2016 6:37 AM
Sep 2015
Zelkiiro said:
ikato_kiyazaki said:

In the bottom-right corner of the post, you have two options: Report and Quote. Quote is the one you're looking for, and it'll open a Quick Reply box for you to type your message underneath. Unless it's your own post, in which case you'll get three additional options: Edit, Quick Edit, and Delete.
ok testing testing 123 lets see if it works
May 30, 2016 6:49 AM

Oct 2011
If it gets me hooked from the first episode, then yes.
May 30, 2016 6:56 AM
Sep 2015
i am sure i have watched over 300-400animes or even more than that over the past 2 years . and i cant even remember most of the anime names that i have watched lol but im always looking for new animes once i finish one. i didnt even have an account for MAL back then and now i do but could care less to even put in the animes ive watched. ill just go with my instinct lol i should be able to figure out if i come upon some anime that ive already watched easily !
May 30, 2016 6:58 AM

Jul 2015
I think it depends on the anime. For example, when I finish thrillers more quickly, I feel like the "thrill" aspect builds up and becomes more enjoyable. If I take too long, it's not nearly as exciting.
May 30, 2016 9:51 AM

Oct 2015
If it's something I really enjoy I'll binge watch if I can. If it's slower paced or not very enjoyable I'll usually take my time.

I don't think binge watching is bad if you can take in everything that's happening and it doesn't negatively affect your enjoyment. Sometimes taking too long of a break can make you lose interest in something you really like.
May 30, 2016 9:53 AM
Jan 2015
I like to make enjoyable anime last, but if I stretch them out too much, I lose interest. IMHO it's better to watch a series too fast than too slow.
May 30, 2016 9:54 AM

May 2016
Depends, if you have work and other responsibilities it is hard to watch it all in one gulp, but of course if you have the time or can the time do what ever you like, it is all just preference at that point.
May 30, 2016 10:49 AM

May 2015
Watching things at my own pace is really better letting every emotion every detail sink in slowly are what I enjoy in anime.Never rushing things, If you do that you'll just end up not appreciating the show to its fullest and you know that good anime are just a handful, rush things and you'll end up with nothing but those trash ones.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2016 10:51 AM

Mar 2015
Take your time. Especially if its your first watch of the series.
May 30, 2016 10:54 AM

Feb 2016
You should watch anime at your own pace. Why should you watch it ASAP, though? Because it's not like it's a competition. As long as you enjoy and you're still able to comprehend what's going on, watch it however you like. I don't have a particular pace, it just depends on the series.
May 30, 2016 12:59 PM
May 2016
Exhalant said:
You should watch anime at your own pace. Why should you watch it ASAP, though? Because it's not like it's a competition. As long as you enjoy and you're still able to comprehend what's going on, watch it however you like. I don't have a particular pace, it just depends on the series.

What I ment under ASAP was the situation when you like the anime so much you just can't wait/stop. Sorry if it was a bit unclear.
May 30, 2016 1:12 PM

Feb 2016
IamNotJapanise said:
Exhalant said:

What I ment under ASAP was the situation when you like the anime so much you just can't wait/stop. Sorry if it was a bit unclear.

Oh, so by "ASAP" you meant binge-watching? Understood.
May 31, 2016 1:07 AM

May 2015
I take my time by watching an episode a day of a series. Binge-watching can be fun, but it can also burn you out and make you like an otherwise good anime less.

Very few pieces of art can surround you and still be good. Still, two episodes a day are enough. There are other things to do.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 31, 2016 3:21 AM

May 2016
It's true that sometimes binge-watching makes everything fast and you missed the chance to actually and truly enjoy it XD So if I really like a series, I prefer taking my time, but sometimes it still depends... If I really want to see the ending fast, I binge-watch everything in a day :3
Jul 2, 2016 9:04 AM

Feb 2016
Take your time while binge watching is my tip.
May 4, 2020 5:26 PM
Sep 2019
Well, personally, I like to binge-watch anime since I have trouble remembering what happens if I skip some days or hours even. And, since I like to read a LOT, my mind gets foggy and mixes up information if I don't finish it in one go. Plus, if I try not binge-watching I'd probably end up watching 14 episodes and think I did 2.
May 4, 2020 5:34 PM
Apr 2020
For me binge watching is more fun and you feel like you are in a rollercoaster of emotions just going on and on
May 4, 2020 5:35 PM

Aug 2019
I take my time watching anime normally if there's a 22 episode's or 24 episodes i watch 12 a day or i watch 13 a day then the next day i finish the whole series but due to this virus i'm finishing a lot of anime's in 2 days.
May 4, 2020 5:43 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
I don't know for everyone else, but I usually watch anime weekly, as it works better in a schedule, and it accommodates to the seasonal stuff pretty well~!^^
May 4, 2020 5:56 PM
Jul 2017
Didn't even know they let you watch anime if you don't do the whole series in one day
May 4, 2020 10:26 PM

Mar 2018
I don't think there's any right or wrong way to watch anime. I've done 30+ episodes in a day, but I've also gone literal months between episodes. I enjoy shows equally both ways, and anything in between. Code Geass, one of my favorite shows,

I only was able to watch 1-2 episodes a day or I'd have a literal panic attack over some of the tension in it. And I still love it all the same. I took a three month break half way through Astra Lost in Space, and that's still one of my favorites. I watched all of Steins;Gate in a day, and it's still good. As long as the content is good, I'm not too concerned as to how long or short it takes me to consume it.
May 4, 2020 10:38 PM

Mar 2017
I think it’s 100% personal preference. I used to mostly binge shows that I really enjoyed, but I’m sure you’re all aware of that occasional feeling of emptiness once you’ve finished something you really loved watching. So, nowadays if I find myself enjoying something on that level I’ll restrict myself to no more than 2-3 episodes a day. That’s not to say I don’t break once in a while and sneak in a 4th... or 5th... or 6th... you get the point.
May 4, 2020 10:42 PM

Mar 2020
If I'm emotionally involved I take my time, but if anime is shallow(not necessarily bad) I can binge it
May 4, 2020 11:14 PM
Jul 2018
I take time to watch an anime because in that way, it stays with me. Like last season, I was watching Dorohedoro 1 episode per week as it was airing up to like the first 8 episodes and as a result I had a strong memory about it. But it didn't leave a strong impact on me as a whole when I binged the last 4 epsidoes.
May 4, 2020 11:17 PM

Jul 2019
It depends on the series. I actually binge watched almost every anime that's on my list. The only two exceptions I can think of at a moment are Monster and Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu. I only watched 6-7 episodes per day. The story was really impactful so I needed a little time to chill my head after every episode.
May 4, 2020 11:19 PM

Apr 2020
If it's short (<12 eps to 24ish eps) I'll most likely binge.

If it's long (30+ eps) I'll watch a few episodes at a time over the course of a few days or weeks
May 4, 2020 11:21 PM
Feb 2014
I take my time with the anime, if it's a short anime(11-13 episodes) i will not watch more than 2 episodes a day, if it's longer (24-27 episodes), maybe 2-4 a day, and if it's 50 episodes or longer than as much as 3-5 episodes sometimes, depending on the anime as well.

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
May 4, 2020 11:22 PM

Jul 2019
I prefer binging because I'm impatient and I will start to lose interest if I dont watch that anime for one week. I use to keep up with seasonals but now I just wait until they're done airing
May 4, 2020 11:39 PM
Jun 2019
It depend....if it deep mystery or anything alike that require thinking I recommend to take time with it depend on your focus. Binge watch it will only make you brain fried and gonna make it kind of dull since you probably will miss a lot of detail. But for anime like the generic romcom,isekai,parody etc its doesn't matter whether you binge watch or take time with it.
May 7, 2020 1:36 PM

Jun 2013
I think both are good! Honestly I binge watch shows that I'm enjoying a lot. I usually binge watch the anime I end up giving 9 or 10's. Not on purpose, it's just because I'm so sucked in that I don't wanna stop watching.
I finished banana fish in literally one day, which is surprising considering it has 24 episodes haha. I don't think I would have enjoyed it any more or any less if I spaced out my watching of it!
Some anime I take my time with and sometimes I'm just in a watching mood!! It doesn't necessarily impact my enjoyment of the show.
I think both are fun, and it's more dependent on how much time you have honestly.
dear me
May 7, 2020 2:59 PM

Feb 2020
I like to take my time and savour each episode instead of binging. I can watch 2 episodes one after the other, maybe 3 if this is a long anime, but not more, or else I feel like I'm not taking the time to appreciate what I'm watching. Plus, when I love a show, I generally don't want it to end too quickly so, as ironic as it may sound, I take even more time to finish it.
However, I think there isn't a "right" way to watch anime, binging or taking your time, it's up to you !
May 8, 2020 9:00 PM

Jul 2019
I watch as much as I'm able to, which varies day to day. This week alone I've watched between 1-6 episodes each day consisting of 3 different shows. Like I feel like I'm able to watch 3 hours of Interspecies Reviewers because I need a good laugh and feel up for it one day then only watch an episode of Osomatsu-san the next day because I'm too hot and tired from the heat wave to watch anymore. Generally I'm up for watching a lot of episodes of comedies compared to dramas.
May 9, 2020 1:03 AM

Mar 2018
I end up binge watching a lot but I think it's better to take your time. I remember more of the show when I don't binge it.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

86 by APolygons2 »»
3 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 9 hours ago

39 by traed »»
5 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

38 by Zalis »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 7 hours ago

25 by Otakupervert890 »»
9 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7159 by vasipi4946 »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.