Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Flying Witch Episode 8 Discussion

Jun 4, 2016 1:33 AM

I don't feel comfortable with this episode and next last week episode. They like totally forgot how you should behave around new "people." The ghost girl doesn't want to be seen and your sister told you so before you chose to make the magic. The ladybugs are customers like you are and you rudely watch them in their date and chase them. The kitzune is a customer too and you pet him like nothing. And everything is okay?!

Jun 4, 2016 7:38 AM

This anime is a gem, nothing less.

So the fox was actually a dog and we got fooled? That's how I understood it.

Jun 5, 2016 1:20 AM

i really want to go to that cafe...
damn, every character in this anime looks so cute

but the real question is... What sound does the fox make?? lol

Jun 5, 2016 12:47 PM

LOL it was fun when Makoto thought that the mom was using magic to change her appearance...
Akane using an sleepy Makoto to take pictures was priceless!

Jun 7, 2016 5:54 AM
Moran_Geffen said:
I don't feel comfortable with this episode and next last week episode. They like totally forgot how you should behave around new "people." The ghost girl doesn't want to be seen and your sister told you so before you chose to make the magic. The ladybugs are customers like you are and you rudely watch them in their date and chase them. The kitzune is a customer too and you pet him like nothing. And everything is okay?!

I thought the same. It's like creators were so caught up in the idea of making a lighthearted show that they made every character be the same mental age as Chinatsu.

Frankly, this show turned out a big disappointment. I did not expect that Non Non Biyori with magic could become such a cheap fake.

Jun 7, 2016 6:47 PM

Anime of the season for me tbh. That cafe scene made me feel so relaxed. I loved the ending better though. Akane has turned into one of my favorite characters this season.

Jun 11, 2016 11:09 AM

I would definitely laugh the shit out of me if that place Akane put that thing was close to China because the irony of that thing will happened in a few more years for all the pollution they're producing at a faster rate, but it turns out to be in Vietnam which is still closer in China so it's still valid I guess

Jun 13, 2016 1:05 AM

A pleasant enough episode but I liked the ending color draining part the best. I want more creative stuff like that.

Jun 21, 2016 5:47 AM

Another enjoyable episode. Akane sure is taking a roundabout way to add filters on her pictures, lol.

Jun 21, 2016 9:29 PM

Please tell me the fox bit was inspired by the song XD

Jun 24, 2016 7:15 AM

nice and relaxing episode. The fox is really cute <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 27, 2016 4:26 PM
this was such a good episode

Jun 29, 2016 7:55 AM

What an interesting cafe
I wish it was real :(

What does the fox say?
Rapapa? No! Kon Kon
Then the fox responded with "Woof"
After that must be really awkward xD

Nee-san
You just made anime back to black&white!
Modified by Rayl1ght, Oct 7, 2016 2:27 AM
"Signature removed"

Jul 3, 2016 6:12 AM

So we finally know what the the Fox says :p Kon Kon~

Pretty suiting episode, just so relaxing and good! Up to the next episode.

That epilogue sure was nice and fun as well!
Modified by RafaelDeJongh, Jul 3, 2016 6:19 AM

Jul 4, 2016 5:39 AM

Having all those random guests in the cafe was so quaint wow
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Jul 26, 2016 10:04 AM

that fox scene is the real plot twist.

Chinatsu: what sound does a fox make? like "meow"?
Makoto: Foxes say "kon kon"
Fox: *slowly turned back, looking at them, and then barked out loud, "WOOF"

I'm pretty sure the fox is trolling here.

Aug 9, 2016 6:48 PM

The cafe scene was pretty nice. Chinatsu is such a cutie! She is so friendly and optimistic. Will we get to see her actually attempt to try magic though? i been looking forward to that ever since she said she wanted to be one, but so far not luck....

Aug 19, 2016 4:08 AM
EcchiLordMamster said:
Bobby2Hands said:
I'm gonna ship No Face and The Veil of Darkness so hard

kon kon kon kon kon kon kon! apparently

yea now i know where the anime name "Inari Kon Kon" comes from

i was like... OOOOOOOOHHH

Had the same realization, & i liked that show but that had fox spirits so no real fox voice.
So many great references. Also reminded of Time of Eve cafe.

Aug 29, 2016 12:33 AM

The fox said "woof"! Biggest twist in the history of anime, ever.

Oct 26, 2016 12:23 PM

We are reaching theoretically impossible levels of comfy.
Maximum Honking

Nov 7, 2016 1:42 AM

OP Song: 3/5

Is there a normal customers at Cafe? Possibly human or witch? How did the owner earn money?

WoW, Fox bark like a dog? Is it true?

3.4/5

Dec 31, 2016 6:35 AM

Asking the real questions here :

Jan 6, 2017 9:46 AM

I didn't get the ending.
How did she restore the colors of the sea?

Nice episode tho.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 14, 2017 11:04 AM

My, those three are the worst customers ever and the mother-daughter pair aren't very good at running a cafe. I felt especially sorry for the ladybug couple that had their date ruined.

How do people not know about witches if they're going around turning large chunks of scenery monochrome whenever the whim strikes them?

Feb 8, 2017 7:11 PM

Elfster said:
Moran_Geffen said:

I thought the same. It's like creators were so caught up in the idea of making a lighthearted show that they made every character be the same mental age as Chinatsu.

Frankly, this show turned out a big disappointment. I did not expect that Non Non Biyori with magic could become such a cheap fake.

exactly what i was thinking. they were incredibly rude to everyone in that cafe and still no one there said a thing. it actually took out all of the enjoyment the plot could give and there was potential for quite some because a cafe that serves supernatural creatures would be a whole anime just by itself.

and i thought the akane bit was too silly. idk it it's because i'm watching this all at once, but it gets pretty boring after a few episodes.

Apr 18, 2017 9:27 AM

That was so interesting! So many new unique characters, but it all feels very natural and not out of place. Would love to spend a few hours in that cafe.

Jun 17, 2017 11:18 AM

-makoto throwin some shade
-normies out
-chinatsu is 2fukincute
-i could probably just watch a spinoff of just this cafe type stuff
-wait did they actually do what i think they just did
-uhhh are the credits supposed to be rolling this early into the episode
-yes yes this boat costs 5
-wait how was it daytime in china vietnam when it was nighttime in japan

So the cafe scene was all kinds of relaxing, and it was especially enjoyable with all of the different character designs for the cafe's patrons. It's also always pretty nice to see more into the magic world in this show. The introduction of the cafe owners was also pretty nice, although Anzu's voice seemed kind of off to me. Outside of the cafe scenes, though, I have no idea why that one scene with Akane was in this episode. They did show her process of concocting the color potion while the rest of them went to the cafe, but it just felt completely out of place. The background scenery of the Akane scene also wasn't too impressive, so I wasn't really a fan of it. The episode overall was alright.

Jun 22, 2017 6:35 AM

As if it were not such an episode full of mysterious and interesting things about their strangeness, the dose increases with an episode ending quite out of the ordinary. Akane is definitely a person out of the schemes, and not just her. The backgrounds are very good, in their beauty. <3

Jul 1, 2017 9:19 PM
𝙆𝙖𝙠 𝙆𝙖𝙣 🍊

Very fun and relaxful episode.

Them lady bugs lol
Makoto and the misunderstanding, funny scene. And the ending part too. Poor guy dragged into Akane's craziness lol.

Sep 28, 2017 6:11 PM

unbewithable said:
Elfster said:

exactly what i was thinking. they were incredibly rude to everyone in that cafe and still no one there said a thing. it actually took out all of the enjoyment the plot could give and there was potential for quite some because a cafe that serves supernatural creatures would be a whole anime just by itself.

and i thought the akane bit was too silly. idk it it's because i'm watching this all at once, but it gets pretty boring after a few episodes.

All three of you have no idea what you're talking about.

Mar 2, 11:16 PM

One cup of tea and Makoto is spazzing out. Keep that girl off of caffeine!

Mar 15, 2:38 AM

Wht does the fox say?! Woof! Ahahahaha I laughed so hard on that part xD

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

Preview MangaManga Store