Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 29, 2016 1:40 AM

Dec 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
L-Ryoshi said:
As a fan of the LN I cannot help but be majorly disappointed by the conclusion of this arc...
The one thing that irked me to no end was how they portrayed that final fight. First off, Ardi was embedded with the remains of the Grav-Sheath, yes, but his body wasn't able to contain all the power that it was emanating, leading to his cracked appearance.

It wasn't Gravi-sheath but a different Ulm Mana Dite. Ayato said that it felt similar to Gravi-sheath as they were both Orge-Luxes going out of control but Ardi managed to control it though his body took a toll. I think that was shown and said rather well in the anime especially with all those big cracks and malfunctions.

L-Ryoshi said:

Secondly, Julis sustained way more damage in the end than this poor adaptation let off. She was suppose to have been knocked unconscious after the Ser-Vesta adjustment, leading to a one-on-one situation at the end of the match.

Julis was conscious (at least from what i remember) but her hand suffered much bigger burns than shown in the anime. It still shows how dangerous Ser-vesta is since a Fire-user like Julis got burned by it.

L-Ryoshi said:

Surely if they'd properly adapted the fight, it would have been way more epic (though budget-wise it probably would have took it's toll, but still...). To be honest, I did not like that fight in the least. It was like watching an abbreviated highlight reel, and it annoyed the hell out of me.

Well considering the amount of information they put in this episode it can't be helped that the fight was done rather quickly. The main parts of the fight are fine in my book but maybe a bit faster pace and a little extension would have made the fight much better. They already devoted 5 episodes for this volume and managed to show most of the events so i will let them off the hook even though i got my hopes up because the earlier fights in the second course were pretty nicely done. Ayato's technique with Flaming Ser-vesta looked pretty cool animated though.

Went back to the novel and you are correct that Julis was still conscious.

However, I always thought that they implied in the novels that Dirk had picked up the shards of Grav-Sheath and presented it to Priscilla's team to use on Ardi. I'm actually pretty positive of this point, anyway.

CrotakuShinobi said:
So now that tournament is over what are they gonna do?

Obviously it's a victory tour in Julis' country, even the preview title implies that.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 29, 2016 1:55 AM
Aug 2012
L-Ryoshi said:

Went back to the novel and you are correct that Julis was still conscious.

However, I always thought that they implied in the novels that Dirk had picked up the shards of Gravi-Sheath and presented it to Priscilla's team to use on Ardi. I'm actually pretty positive of this point, anyway.

The present was Ayato's inability to use Ser-vesta so Ernesta's group can get a much easier win. Ardi already had a Ulm Mana Dite core being restricted by Rimsi. Putting 2 Orge Lux cores would have been really really bad not to mention their personalities could be incompatible as well. Gravi-sheath core survived complete destruction and they were making a new one with the core (Dirk said it in the LN......can't remember where but it is mentioned).

I maybe remembering wrong though........i will take a look at the LN later.

May 29, 2016 4:23 AM

Jan 2015
bastek66 said:
AmnesiA-chan said:

Yeahhh probably XD

THERE IS NO NEED FOR CHARACTER IN BACKGROUND TO BE DRAWN DETAILED. THERE IS EVEN NECESSITY FOR THEM TO BE DRAWN THIS WAY, otherwise we would get monstrocity like https://gfycat.com/RemotePastKiskadee

We are just having fun with it.
May 29, 2016 4:36 AM
Aug 2015
iApollo said:
bastek66 said:

THERE IS NO NEED FOR CHARACTER IN BACKGROUND TO BE DRAWN DETAILED. THERE IS EVEN NECESSITY FOR THEM TO BE DRAWN THIS WAY, otherwise we would get monstrocity like https://gfycat.com/RemotePastKiskadee

We are just having fun with it.

Holy f**k.. lolol, good one
May 29, 2016 5:35 AM

Sep 2015
CrotakuShinobi said:
So now that tournament is over what are they gonna do?

Liseltania(Yulis home country) > 6 school festival > gryph festa (5 vs 5).

Anime most likely until Liseltania arc.
May 29, 2016 6:52 AM
Oct 2015
Why are they always given time to talk and power up? How long is the actual time between matches given the cost the time it takes to repair the stage after it's been obliterated per match?
Bigod1981May 29, 2016 6:56 AM
May 29, 2016 9:07 AM

Jan 2015
Bigod1981 said:
Why are they always given time to talk and power up? How long is the actual time between matches given the cost the time it takes to repair the stage after it's been obliterated per match?

The fiesta lasted for 2 weeks. I think they have different stadiums, so even if one is destroyed there are others where the matches can be played. Julies "explains" in the first season episode 2 or 3 but isn't very clear, since the series didn't spend any time exploring or explaining the world.
May 29, 2016 10:42 AM

Jul 2014
That fcking twist at the end tho... wat d flying fck.
May 29, 2016 11:23 AM
Feb 2016
Guys, why is the hammer of the robot still intact, i mean.. hayato slashed it in two in episode 8 end.....
May 29, 2016 11:48 AM

Jun 2014
ohnoooo, why does the chairman have the sister :|
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2016 12:38 PM
Apr 2014
I KNEW IT! THAT GUY WAS WAY TOO SUSPICIOUS to be just another student. He was appearing so randomly out of nowhere and almost always when something happened. It was just too convenient to be coincidence.

I was wondering what they are going to do now that the tournament is over and we still have some episodes left. But now with that revelation I'm kinda hyped. I really hope we get to see a bit more of Yabuki and his true abilities. Even though I have doubts whether we'll actually see more of him. Probably only a few more moments but nothing special or revealing in any way :(
May 29, 2016 3:56 PM

Jul 2012
Is it only me, or it 's like nobody really cares about the festa. The Le wolfe president and Allelkant girls just laughed it off, and the main characters, yeah they are celebrating the victory, but it feels so off and as it takes the whole season the simple question what was the point?
I probably expected too much from average harem-shounen story, but with that in mind i think it 's overcomplicated for no reason.
May 29, 2016 8:40 PM
May 2014
Curious which direction we'll be heading now that the Festa has finished up. Will it move directly to the search for his sister? Maybe we can actually have that rematch... would be happy with more Saya. Glad that the finals were given more time and action than Ayato and Julis's semifinals match, but it really does boil down to a 1v1 and kind of wish AR-D actually went berserk.
May 29, 2016 9:41 PM

Apr 2016
I knew it!

Great too see some glimpse of mysteries revealed ----- Yabuki's ability and the whereabouts of Ayato's sister.

Since the Phoenix Festa is FINALLY over, new and more interesting scenes to be expected.
May 30, 2016 12:01 AM

Jan 2014
You know what they say, cook til' golden brown.

+

Chicken Bone returns
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2016 4:12 AM

May 2015
JUST ONE SCENE, SYLVIA WAS TAKING OVER THIS EPISODE :P
AH, ALSO DAT END, ZIT ALREADY
May 30, 2016 6:06 AM

Sep 2015
allenjke said:
Is it only me, or it 's like nobody really cares about the festa. The Le wolfe president and Allelkant girls just laughed it off, and the main characters, yeah they are celebrating the victory, but it feels so off and as it takes the whole season the simple question what was the point?
I probably expected too much from average harem-shounen story, but with that in mind i think it 's overcomplicated for no reason.

Well the festas (lindwurm, pheonix and gryps) are just events for the audiences and for the ranking of asterisk city, what makes it so important is that any wishes can be granted to the winner. And obtaining wins in all three festas can go to grand slam(not confirm yet).

Festas is just part of the series along the way, not a plot itself. So participating in festa is not the main plot, but just participate along the way as every year there will be festa ( this year Pheonix, next year Gryps, next next year lindwurm, and cycle again). And winning the festas won't destroy the antogonist or anything, it just grant you some wish to proceed along the next plot.

You might see Lewolf pretty weak and evil, but asterisk city strongest fighter(Ophelia) is in Lewolf. Sylvia is just in second, lose to Ophelia.
valvravetruthMay 30, 2016 6:13 AM
May 30, 2016 6:11 AM

Sep 2015
Jynfreccs said:
Guys, why is the hammer of the robot still intact, i mean.. hayato slashed it in two in episode 8 end.....

Thats because Ardi can continuously construct the hammer.
May 30, 2016 6:51 AM

Jul 2012
valvravetruth said:
allenjke said:

Well the festas (lindwurm, pheonix and gryps) are just events for the audiences and for the ranking of asterisk city, what makes it so important is that any wishes can be granted to the winner. And obtaining wins in all three festas can go to grand slam(not confirm yet).

Festas is just part of the series along the way, not a plot itself. So participating in festa is not the main plot, but just participate along the way as every year there will be festa ( this year Pheonix, next year Gryps, next next year lindwurm, and cycle again). And winning the festas won't destroy the antogonist or anything, it just grant you some wish to proceed along the next plot.

You might see Lewolf pretty weak and evil, but asterisk city strongest fighter(Ophelia) is in Lewolf. Sylvia is just in second, lose to Ophelia.

Yes, i get it, but then what was the point of it if it was nearly for the whole season. I assume that 3 remaining episodes won't give us the full ending (if the LN ended), so all this was just preparations for the main story aka supposed 3rd season which i (highly) doubt that will happen.
And again , it was most likely my problem, i expected too much from this series for no reason.
May 30, 2016 6:51 AM

Dec 2011
Dang. Dirk is cahoots with that higher up. My goodness. They finally won though. I expected more party, but I didn't get it. >.<
May 30, 2016 8:11 AM

Aug 2008
I wonder what is Madiath Mesa relationship with Amagiri sister.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 31, 2016 4:22 AM

Dec 2012
The victory was predictable, but they deserved to win.
I'm disappointed about two things:
- I don't like the end of the fight, this kind of simultaneous hit is so boring.
-The reward of the tournament should be to make their wishes true, instead of that the chairman said "good luck to find her by yourself". I expected that they will help him ...

So, the girl in the capsule is his sister. Interesting twist, I wonder if 3 episodes will be enough.
Jun 1, 2016 2:16 PM

Feb 2015
imo, it's the best episode so far. the fight was enjoyable and amusing to watch too. and i like how Ayato's weapon upgraded into something cool :D

and Yabuki in this episode tho. i always expected him to be someone like that but that scene still makes me want to say "WOW" and especially the most scene which suprised me was the after-credit scene. i even pause it for a sec. i'm thinking, she would got used for the another puppet experiment ? seriously, that would be so cruel imo. 3 episode left, cliffhanger incoming!!!! i hope, this time! they will put a shocked cliffhanger or more like a twist cliffhanger in the end of the final episode xD cause that would be awsome imo for this show XD
Jun 4, 2016 3:40 AM

Sep 2015
Sakaitsu said:
The victory was predictable, but they deserved to win.
I'm disappointed about two things:
- I don't like the end of the fight, this kind of simultaneous hit is so boring.
-The reward of the tournament should be to make their wishes true, instead of that the chairman said "good luck to find her by yourself". I expected that they will help him ...

So, the girl in the capsule is his sister. Interesting twist, I wonder if 3 episodes will be enough.

Oh i think the asterisk will continue help Ayato to search for his sister, thats Ayato's wish after all.
Jun 5, 2016 12:29 AM

Jul 2008
Of course the chairman is involved...everyone is involved.
Jun 6, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2015
Maybe Sylvia can find Ayato's sister?

Jun 7, 2016 3:20 PM

Jan 2014
Everyone gets head pats today~
Jun 7, 2016 3:21 PM

Dec 2009
Pretty great fight and end to the festa overall. Looks like the plotline surrounding Ayato's sister is getting more complicated...
Jun 9, 2016 12:38 PM
Dec 2013
Am I the only one who found the fight to be anti-climactic? I mean with his new sword he now became too OP and was able to take out AR-D in his final form without breaking a sweat. -_- I'm just glad that they have some mystery still to play with and pray that someone stronger comes along and gives Ayato a challenge. lol
Jun 12, 2016 3:57 PM

Dec 2012
Sylvia where? Gakusen pls.
Jun 14, 2016 7:01 AM
Oct 2015
LilAtomicX10 said:
Am I the only one who found the fight to be anti-climactic? I mean with his new sword he now became too OP and was able to take out AR-D in his final form without breaking a sweat. -_-
What do you mean without breaking a sweat? He collapsed on the spot right after when Ardy was standing still. He only won by the competition rules.
Jun 30, 2016 1:20 AM

Oct 2008
Of course Ayato & Julis won!
Yabuki is fishy. Mesa is fishy.
4/5.

Jul 2, 2016 3:21 AM

Mar 2015
What a convenient plot twist in roommate Yabuki being revealed as the big bad.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 24, 2016 8:42 AM

Feb 2013
He shortened his sword to win.
I lol'd.

This is where the first season should have ended.
Oct 11, 2016 10:20 PM

Feb 2014
So... basically Saya and Kirin lost to the mecha and Ayato and Julis won because Ayato's weapon got much more power than Kirin and Saya's? Kirin fought much better with much more skill, and Saya as well... but they lost... of course.
Nothing against Ayato, but he didn't much on the final match, he was a guy there carrying a divine item with one hit "kill".

TechOtakuOct 12, 2016 11:08 AM
Oct 19, 2016 7:44 PM

Nov 2013
Nice weapon upgrade for Ayato.

Ernesta wasn't in league with Dirk after all and declined his offer, now I think a bit better of her.

Tsundere Lester was cute.

Shadow Guy was killed(?) by Yabuki. The guy only looks so unremarkable, better not underestimate him.

Madiath holds Haruka captive and is in league with Dirk. Looks like they have to wreck his ass too.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 4, 2017 2:15 AM

Dec 2012
Dat Ser-Versta new form.
Ayato beat 2D AR-D.
Dat Miiko oppai.
They won.
Dat Claudia smile.
Dirk left to go commit seppuku.
LMAO at that reused pool scene.
The guy that wounded your sister just gave you the trophy.
So the once Savior-kun's name is Verner.
Dat stab.
Saya has lot of nerve saying "That's my Ayato in front of the true main heroine and waifu, Claudia.
Grab him Claudia. That's your Ayato. Claudia countered Saya with ease. lol
No! Don't enter the room Flora! Just run away!
WTF is wrong with you, Julis? Why would you tell her to cry?
Please don't cry. If you cry then that means screaming and that means our ears are fucked.
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! MY EARS!!!!!!!!
Dat Onee-chan oppai.

Dat preview! Claudia is back looking so perfect. Yes! Congratulate your Ayato.

RIP Verner. Thank you for trying to save us from Flora. You will always be the real MVP.

Also, fuck you Julis for enabling Flora to cry, which fucks us over. That's why you're not best girl and once again proves that Claudia is best girl.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 18, 2017 4:23 AM

Sep 2012
hamoun said:
I always shipped Julis and Ayato together, but I don't know, Sylvia just looks so cute! And it seems Ayato is starting to like her, and he sees Julis as a best friend.

thing is he doesn't realizes hes feelings for Julis yet so ofc almost awry cute girl that helps him makes him plush

-Stray said:
That fcking twist at the end tho... wat d flying fck.

the part that the chairman is Evil i so coming just didn't expect that he has Ayato's sister
Sugram22Nov 18, 2017 4:31 AM
Jan 16, 2018 2:18 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The fights are always some of the highlights of the series so far, didnt disappoint.
Sep 13, 2018 1:03 PM

Apr 2013
So they one as expected. Wonder what the last three episodes will be about.
Apr 17, 2020 10:45 PM
Jun 2017
Ohh that ending- his sister is just there... Ohh lets see what will happen with this one
Mar 3, 2021 2:36 PM

Oct 2011
Ayato I see you blushing every time you look at Sylvia ;]
Feb 9, 2022 6:59 PM

May 2008
That's it? No kiss?
Not even a hug???
Aug 5, 2022 10:11 PM

Nov 2010
As much as I like Julis, if Sylvia had more screen, she'd easily rival Julis as the top waifu of this show. She's so attractive!

The plot is starting to get interesting. We need a S3. Not much can be resolved in just 3 eps.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

151 by AttackONSUS »»
Jan 26, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

79 by vadoyager7 »»
Aug 15, 2023 6:28 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

77 by vadoyager7 »»
Jul 24, 2023 10:33 PM

» How did you feel about this series as a whole?

sorames - Jun 9, 2023

31 by ejleon »»
Jun 12, 2023 4:21 AM

» Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Season 3 ( 1 2 )

GoldenGamerHD - Dec 3, 2017

50 by VidipSarkar123 »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.