Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 15, 2010 4:11 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
LOL !
Gazille try to found a cat. XD
But wow ... Our cats have some powers ?
And the return of Mistgun ?!
He was the one who save Wendy ?
Magnolia ? Wowwowo.
Jan 15, 2010 4:46 PM

Sep 2009
this chapter was so cute!!! i love gazille... i hope he gets a cat someday.

i also had a feeling mystogan was the one who saved wendy... not gerard...
Jan 15, 2010 5:15 PM

Jul 2008
gazille trying to get his own partner, which brings up what exactly are happy and charles are?
so mistgun is wendy's savior, and hes been trying to stop some big magic from going off
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jan 15, 2010 6:32 PM

Jun 2008
I like how I got my wish of Gazille having more screen time as well as Mystogun.
Jan 16, 2010 1:01 AM

Apr 2009
yeah so that cats are actually powerful...
i expect some 'level up' from them Lmao

anyway nice chapter... finally some 'plot' development
Jan 16, 2010 2:11 AM

Oct 2008
Too much of Gerards in this manga... :P
Jan 16, 2010 9:29 AM

Jan 2009
Gazille was funny again. I like how they use him in the manga now, although him being one of my favorites I hope he gets more action.

Mystogan being her savior is alright I guess, I wonder what it means. Still, he seems to be older than Gérard right? Then is it just coincidental he used the name Gérard, and years later a boy with the same name and face were born?

I'm guessing there's some time/dimension warp going on here. Maybe it has to do with Mystogan's powers?
Jan 16, 2010 9:50 AM

May 2007
Whaaaat. So confused now. I want to know Charle's backstory. And want did Mystogan mean by "this world"? And why does he look like Gerard?
Gazille's part was hilarious though. XD You can do it! XD

Jan 16, 2010 10:20 AM
Jun 2007
Jesuvius said:
Mystogan being her savior is alright I guess, I wonder what it means. Still, he seems to be older than Gérard right? Then is it just coincidental he used the name Gérard, and years later a boy with the same name and face were born?

I'm guessing there's some time/dimension warp going on here. Maybe it has to do with Mystogan's powers?

No. It's more like an overused, chafed, and pruned plot-device.
Jan 16, 2010 10:44 AM

Aug 2009
Rudgald said:

this
Jan 16, 2010 10:49 AM

Apr 2009
Avarice said:

No. It's more like an overused, chafed, and pruned plot-device.

yeah, its just to make the plot 'interesting'

anyway lets hope to a better explanation
Jan 16, 2010 3:50 PM

Jul 2009
LOL at Gazille in this chapter, wonder if he'll get a cat?

So Mystogan was the one who saved Wendy... I wonder what's Magnolia?
This is a signature.
Jan 16, 2010 5:46 PM

Jan 2010
Not common to see a chapter centered around the development of "Cats". Still, I thought the chapter was fairly good and I'm anticipating the next chapter.

Anyone else realize that the author has established at least three potential arcs? Ah well, the continuity and foreshadowing is done incredibly well, e.g. in this chapter the "Fairy Tail" merchandise store made an appearance, perhaps an arc about the merchandise store will happen soon although I suppose the indication that the creator of the "goods" is secretly Gerard's evil mother who looks exactly the same as Gerard (with the addition of "womanly" features) is enough of an indication.

Who wants to bet that Magnolia will turn everyone into Gerard, or that the "Black Dragon" will have Gerard's face?
Jan 16, 2010 5:53 PM

Jul 2008
i knew it mystogan saved wendy cool

charle i just dont like her

gazelle is funny

magnolia dissapearing?

this is getting interesting

5/5
Jan 17, 2010 7:27 AM

Jan 2009
King_Lemon said:
Who wants to bet that Magnolia will turn everyone into Gerard, or that the "Black Dragon" will have Gerard's face?

And that Gajeel's cat has Gerard's face as well.

All I know is I love Fairy Tail, but the mangaka better come up with a good reason Gerard has duplicate(s?) walking around
Jan 17, 2010 12:46 PM

Apr 2009
Geez, Gildartz is only 45 years old... Cliffhanger T_T.
ReaperEXEJan 17, 2010 12:54 PM
Jan 18, 2010 7:09 AM

May 2009
great chapter.. it looks like it'll be a nice arc (finally)!!

lol @ gazille XD (does he finally got the cat??)

many interesting things in this chapter:

Charle says that happy doesn't know anything, and that he will not be able to save natsu....
mystogan says he didn't know anything about this world 7 years ago (btw didnt the dragons disappeared 7 years ago?)...
and mystogan talks about the "anima" is to big and everyone in FT will die...

can't wait for the next one :3
Jan 18, 2010 12:29 PM

Sep 2009
FOR YOUR INFORMATION, PEOPLE:

Magnolia is the town where Fairy Tail's Guildhouse is located, not any sort of magic.
Jan 18, 2010 12:44 PM

Apr 2009
we know that o_O
lmao that wasnt that hard to understand)
Jan 18, 2010 1:42 PM

Mar 2009
So Wendy brought the wrong Gerard back to life

And now it turns out he wasn't even the one who saved her

Wow

Just Wow

This plot twist is Kishimoto Worthy

Almost as bad as Danzo's arm
Jan 18, 2010 1:43 PM

Jul 2007
I would not be surprised if "cats" are actually the dragons in "different form" or are somehow related to the dragons.

The whole development with Mystgun is REALLY interesting. and opens up a lot of possibilities.

Not to mention that we yet again get hints at dragon slayer magic influencing the fates of dragonslayers.

No what I think is that Gerard's Mystgun's face is the same face as one Zeref had and them all being powerful people would really connect a lot of plot points.
Jan 18, 2010 2:00 PM
Sep 2007
Only good part of this chapter was Gazille trying to find a cat, man looks like this arc is going to suck also.
Hi
Jan 18, 2010 2:18 PM

Apr 2008
I hate situations like this where all the main characters are going to "die" because they're obviously not going to die. -_-
Jan 18, 2010 2:24 PM

Feb 2008
wasn't it mistgun? that was an awesome name...now it's mystogan? lol
And it was obvious that he was the one who saved wendy not gerrard.
+Mistgun ain't that nice. he could just go to the guild or if he cant walk anymore tell wendy to go and warn everyone. i mean wendy chased after charles so i don't think they went that far :D

Also Luxus (or Laxus thought Luxus sounds cooler) is a dragon slayer (or some kind of fake or half dragon slayer.can't really remmember) but he doesn't have a cat. That's kinda strange.

Also i want to learn more about gildarts

Fai said:
I would not be surprised if "cats" are actually the dragons in "different form" or are somehow related to the dragons.

Didn't they like appeared in one of the chapters and said that they can't interfere or something? I definately remmember them (the dragons) talking.
Jan 18, 2010 4:25 PM

Jul 2007
sMug said:

Fai said:

Didn't they like appeared in one of the chapters and said that they can't interfere or something? I definately remmember them (the dragons) talking.

Yes but not as dragons, but as wisps...

Oh and:

Wendy's cat: I do not like fish.
Jan 18, 2010 5:26 PM
Oct 2009
Wow, pretty nice cliffhanger. I'm confused to death about this Gerard stuff, plus the cats stuff and the destruction of the city stuff. It was a good idea to put all these things in a single chapter and build suspense.

Hawaiian420 said:
Only good part of this chapter was Gazille trying to find a cat, man looks like this arc is going to suck also.

The arc hasn't' even started yet...

sMug said:
wasn't it mistgun? that was an awesome name...now it's mystogan?

Mystogan is his probably "Engrish" name. Just like Black King Boss from Casshern has become Braiking Boss.

sMug said:
Also Luxus (or Laxus thought Luxus sounds cooler) is a dragon slayer (or some kind of fake or half dragon slayer.can't really remmember) but he doesn't have a cat. That's kinda strange.

He isn't a real dragon slayer, so it would be kinda strange if he had one.
Jan 18, 2010 6:10 PM

Jun 2009
Gerard or Mistgun? Who are they? It's too confusing here
Jan 18, 2010 7:14 PM

Jul 2009
SoFarGone said:
Rudgald said:

this

not this
Jan 18, 2010 8:26 PM

Jan 2009
nice chapter. LOL at gazille finding a cat.xD
2 chapters of fairy tail next week, hope its a good plot development.
Jan 18, 2010 8:30 PM

Jul 2008
ShiraKiryuu said:

this is also on my mind
Jan 19, 2010 12:43 AM

Apr 2009
sMug said:
wasn't it mistgun? that was an awesome name...now it's mystogan? lol

maybe you've read another translator group or smth :)
they probably changed

but yeah, mistgun sound nice, tho mystogan also is cool :D
Jan 19, 2010 3:28 AM

May 2009
OKII3 said:
ShiraKiryuu said:

this is also on my mind

its the city where FT is.
Jan 19, 2010 4:56 AM

May 2007
Fai said:

Very interesting observation. :o

There was a special chapter about how Natsu found Happy though. He once found a giant egg and Happy hatched from it. You can read it here: http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/117.5/04/

Jan 19, 2010 5:01 AM

Aug 2007
apparently Charle knows this 'vanishment' will happen, that's why she can save Wendy.

Jan 19, 2010 5:21 AM

Jul 2007
NoyaChan said:
Fai said:

Very interesting observation. :o

There was a special chapter about how Natsu found Happy though. He once found a giant egg and Happy hatched from it. You can read it here: http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/117.5/04/

Yeh, that alongside Wendy-cat's commend about "not liking fish" made me wonder about their connections to Dragons.

After all, only reptiles and birds hatch from eggs. And birds usually eat fish.
Jan 19, 2010 5:45 AM

Jul 2009
Either I've forgotten or they never told us exactly who Mistgun was...maybe I'll have to read from the start again or wait for the anime to get there O_o
Jan 19, 2010 5:59 AM

Jul 2007
Zell182 said:
Either I've forgotten or they never told us exactly who Mistgun was...maybe I'll have to read from the start again or wait for the anime to get there O_o

1. When he first was introduced it was said that only Makarov knows his true face.
2.We had him fight against Luxus - there we saw his true face.

Through this I am betting more on alternate-reality Gerard - thats why he introduced himself as Gerard to Wendy - he WAS gerard. Just then he "did not know aything about this world" - to be exact he did not know that there's already a gerard there.

----- As for anima - one should read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anima_and_animus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psyche_%28psychology%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit

and:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vital_force

---------------

In latin, anima "air current, wind, breath, life or soul".

Its also used to describe the "unconscious mind" of person, while animus is "conscious mind" of person.

Its often used to describe one's "soul" (Magnificat anima mea dominum. , for example) or one's "inner, unconscious desires"
Jan 19, 2010 6:58 AM

Dec 2007
Alternate reality, clone, time shift... teories go everywher right now. Also there's the chance that Mistgun's true face looks nothing like Gérard and he's using a transformation magic... he could be a freaking monster for what we know about that guy.

Anyway, this chapter deserves a 5/5 only because Gazille actually went to find a cat. Man, this guy is rocks!!
Jan 19, 2010 7:02 AM

Oct 2009
Gerard is like an ad.
I want to see cat-power now. xD
Jan 19, 2010 7:09 AM

Nov 2008
wtf is with that Gearard like everywhere.
Jan 19, 2010 7:14 AM
Oct 2009
okay .. so gildart hates ivan.. and they probably were best friends till iwan went evil and gildart couldn't stop him
and there's something i'm wondering about .. doesn't makarov know how the magic council members look like ..? and wasn't gerared part of them as .. and i'm kinda thinking about the old stuff that gerared told erza about .. the one in the council being his twin or something .. what if mistgun was born out of gererd .. that's y he said he did'n know anything about this world .. how old was she when she joined fairy tail .. if she was 12 then that is possible right ...?? considering the 7 years when wendy met mistgun ..
Jan 19, 2010 7:22 AM

Jul 2007
Kawaii-hime said:
okay .. so gildart hates ivan.. and they probably were best friends till iwan went evil and gildart couldn't stop him
and there's something i'm wondering about .. doesn't makarov know how the magic council members look like ..? and wasn't gerared part of them as .. and i'm kinda thinking about the old stuff that gerared told erza about .. the one in the council being his twin or something .. what if mistgun was born out of gererd .. that's y he said he did'n know anything about this world .. how old was she when she joined fairy tail .. if she was 12 then that is possible right ...?? considering the 7 years when wendy met mistgun ..

Makarov is "the only one in fairy tail who has seen Mistgun's face"

And no. Mistgun could not have been " born out of gerard". By the time Mistgun arived to "this world", Gerard was just getting sold to slavers.
Jan 19, 2010 8:16 PM

Nov 2009
King_Lemon said:
Not common to see a chapter centered around the development of "Cats". Still, I thought the chapter was fairly good and I'm anticipating the next chapter.

Anyone else realize that the author has established at least three potential arcs? Ah well, the continuity and foreshadowing is done incredibly well, e.g. in this chapter the "Fairy Tail" merchandise store made an appearance, perhaps an arc about the merchandise store will happen soon although I suppose the indication that the creator of the "goods" is secretly Gerard's evil mother who looks exactly the same as Gerard (with the addition of "womanly" features) is enough of an indication.

This.

Someone remind me why I'm still reading this manga? lolol.
Jan 19, 2010 11:58 PM

Aug 2008
I'm thinking that could the 'anima' Mystogan said, related to what Makarov said here:
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/166-29/19

I mean, Makarov said that there are now 3 dragon slayers at Fairy Tail and that DESTINY is beginning to move.
could this DESTINY that he is talking about be the 'anima'?
Also to add that Makarov looks quite sad/depressed though.

And this arc seems pretty interesting.
Jan 20, 2010 12:10 AM

Apr 2009
^lmao, stop asking questions and wait for the manga lol))
Jan 20, 2010 3:24 PM

Jul 2008
lolz just wtf @ the end with the cloud and infinite rain >_>
Jan 21, 2010 6:41 AM

Nov 2007
Oh wow, a lot of really interesting revelations this chapter :D

This new arc looks really promising.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jan 21, 2010 2:02 PM

Nov 2008
Nice chapter, a new arc begins :)
anima and the prophecy Markanov is worryig, things are moving on to the main plot
Jan 21, 2010 4:35 PM

Jul 2007
Amazing chapter things are starting to move fast :)
Jan 21, 2010 4:41 PM
Jan 2010
Please. How can I put a picture in my post?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.