Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 27, 2016 8:11 AM
May 2013
Comic_Sans said:
"It's something I always think about when I sleep"

Pfft, you can't think while you sleep, at least not in the same way you think while you're awake and you could impossibly be aware of it so this is completely illogical

Also lmao @ the guy wishing to have three wives, polygamy propaganda 101 much?

What Mumei said in Japanese was logical though "Neru toki datte saa itsumo omou yo..."
Neru - to sleep
Netteiru - to be asleep/sleeping

"When I am about to go to sleep.." or "My last thoughts before I fall asleep..."
May 27, 2016 8:18 AM

Oct 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Cejara said:
Has anyone wondered why Ikoma wont get the thing from his neck removed and replace it with something more practical like Mumei's ribbon. I mean if he wants to fight the Kabane at full power, he should be able to do the power up like Mumei does when she removes her ribbon. Has this been explained yet as in why he hasn't attempted to remove it? Just a random thought that popped in my head this episode.

It's probably very hard to remove given the procedure in which he put it on in the first place. And even with his limiter he's proven to be quite adept at killing Kabane

It will probably be a end of season thing where we could see Ikoma go all out as a epic conclusion. He might not want to rely on it too much given how it has effected mumei personality.
May 27, 2016 8:22 AM

Oct 2015
I thought it was a good episode but is likely the calm before the storm cause that brother is definitely hiding something sinister I hope Ikoma doesn't do anything too stupid if he ever engages the brother like he is planning.

Hopefully to fix the world they can get more of the jet bullets to surviving stations as that is the only thing I can see as the best action to rid of the kabane.
May 27, 2016 8:25 AM

May 2015
kamisama751 said:
MartinNik said:

Actually they did a body check. As you see in the shot before the group of MC there is a docking cart used for the body checks.

MysteriousBanana said:

Not sure about the time on the subbed file, but around 3:09 on the raws (just as the camera is panning down and the episode title fades into view), you can see that everyone is gathered outside the inspection box. It's the same design of box that was connected to the side of the Koutestujou in episode one, you can even see it has its own set of tracks in the lower left corner, so it is implied that everyone has been inspected.

We do have to make assumptions about how Ikoma and Mumei get past inspection though.

Oh yeah, after rewatching I saw it. However, the Biba squad haven't since they just get off th train and meetswith civilians. :P
A qustion still stands though, how did Ikoma and Mumei got away without any issues because since it wasn't shown it is implied the control went smooth
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2016 8:33 AM

Jun 2013
the bitch was eating in secret or what? and hey it's the Survey Corps! lol
AxelucardMay 27, 2016 8:36 AM
May 27, 2016 8:39 AM

Jul 2015
@Thug_Gou Which guy do you think is the hottest?

As for the females it's Ayame and Mumei (no pedo). I'm not into muscular girls so Yukina doesn't do it for me.
May 27, 2016 8:39 AM

May 2016
zal said:
kamisama751 said:

Oh yeah, after rewatching I saw it. However, the Biba squad haven't since they just get off th train and meetswith civilians. :P
A qustion still stands though, how did Ikoma and Mumei got away without any issues because since it wasn't shown it is implied the control went smooth

The only way that can be answered is if people with a certain level of importance can be excused of the body check, just like Mumei in episode 1 (cuz she was a visitor invited by the king) and with the "Survey Corps" now (probably cuz they already have a vow to kill themselves or their own comrades in case of infection). Since Ayame is a princess she have both the privilage of declining the body check (even tho she prefers doing it as shown in ep2) and she can also give people those same privileges, all she need is to say the word.

That's really the only possibility i can come up with, BUT since they are on a different station, i don't see Ayame having as much power as she can have at her own station, so my theory don't really hold that much water.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
May 27, 2016 8:42 AM

May 2015
HyperL said:
zal said:

The only way that can be answered is if people with a certain level of importance can be excused of the body check, just like Mumei in episode 1 (cuz she was a visitor invited by the king) and with the "Survey Corps" now (probably cuz they already have a vow to kill themselves or their own comrades in case of infection). Since Ayame is a princess she have both the privilage of declining the body check (even tho she prefers doing it as shown in ep2) and she can also give people those same privileges, all she need is to say the word.

That's really the only possibility i can come up with, BUT since they are on a different station, i don't see Ayame having as much power as she can have at her own station, so my theory don't really hold that much water.
And more importantly it wasn't shown, just like it wasn't shown how ikoma beat that many kabane...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2016 8:48 AM

Apr 2014
Oddly enough the episode with the least action and tension is my favorite of the entire series so far. We really needed a breather episode like this after the nonstop assault of action every week. It gave us more time to get used to the characters and their interactions together when not under constant pressure and fear. It really showed some of their true colors.
Takumi is a top bro. Ayame-sama is still best girl.
May 27, 2016 8:56 AM

Oct 2009
BlueBalls said:
@Thug_Gou Which guy do you think is the hottest?

As for the females it's Ayame and Mumei (no pedo). I'm not into muscular girls so Yukina doesn't do it for me.

*points at sig*Suzuki-san <3 xD

I always thought that Sukari had a cute face, I think Kurusu is hot but he's too cocky, so even if Ikoma is looks like a green vegetable, I'd still pick him and his shirtless life! lol ♥♥
Also, Biba is cool :p

If I went the Yuri route, I'd pick Yukina haha

May 27, 2016 9:39 AM

Dec 2012
Actually one of the better episodes for me. I like how they stopped to highlight these characters when they're not fighting for survival. It made them more endearing and moments like this really go to show that you're only going to miss out if you keep treating this like an AoT clone. Ending sent shivers up my spine, it always knows when to come on.
May 27, 2016 9:48 AM

Mar 2008
Slow episode but much needed after exciting episodes.

I also ship Kurusu and Ayame hard.
May 27, 2016 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
This was a nice break episode, we have a survey-corps type group now and of course the best thing this ep was Takumi saying he wanted 3 wives (Cause the voice actor voices Issei from Highschool DxD). His wish comes true in some form.
May 27, 2016 10:04 AM

Mar 2014
Jaslen said:
What Mumei said in Japanese was logical though "Neru toki datte saa itsumo omou yo..."
Neru - to sleep
Netteiru - to be asleep/sleeping

"When I am about to go to sleep.." or "My last thoughts before I fall asleep..."
Oh? My Japanese is still pretty rusty so I couldn't really tell but I'll take your word for it

I guess it's the subber's fault then
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 27, 2016 10:20 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Farabeuf said:
I must have not been paying attention. Never expected Munmei to have such exalted parentage. Shogun's daughter no less.

Yukina is this series finest lady. I'll fight you.

Biba is not her blood brother. He picked her up after her mother got shot by the Bushi

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for info.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 27, 2016 10:43 AM

Jan 2010
This episode was better than the last one imo though the tone and desperation were pretty much non-existent in this episode. Still no new information on what Kabane are or how they plan to truly exterminate them. Pretty good characterization of Mumei and Ikoma but that is basically every episode. The shipping took center stage this episode but personally I would like it to get a little more gritty with explanations of the Kabane.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

May 27, 2016 10:57 AM

Jan 2014
I will jsut drop this warning...Kids,DO NOT try this at home:

Do not use fireworks in a zombie apocalypse,you will regret it...

Surprisingly this was the best episode so far,most of the cast made humane and sane decisions,they developed and stuff...Wish this episode happened as the first episode,then i wouldnt feel so distant from the characters for the past 6 episodes...

also,lol @Kabaneri being fast learners...How convenient...
May 27, 2016 11:10 AM

Aug 2014
Huh? No idiotic human doing idiotic things and fucking it all up? SERIOUSLY? But yeah great ep. The Hunters are interesting so to say, seems like they is mostlikely something else going on behind the scenes prolly.
May 27, 2016 11:18 AM

Feb 2016
That was so lame. Boring as hell. Animation was still okay.
May 27, 2016 11:23 AM

Aug 2013
First 3/4 was OK, Mumei finally acted like normally girl. But the ending with their wishes, meh typical for overhyped shounens. Yeah, I WILL KILL ALL KABANE, NO MATTER What.
Now, let the drama with hunters start. I have no hopes for this show anymore. It's isn't that bad for drop either, so I will watch it till end.
rsc-plMay 27, 2016 11:32 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 27, 2016 12:09 PM

Mar 2016
This episode felt like it was 70% filler. This is a 12 episode series, WIT! The only interesting things were Mumei's name and her brother:P 3/5 from me

May 27, 2016 12:15 PM

Jun 2014
Finally a nice and chill episode for us to calm down a bit. I really liked the hope this ep. created. Hopefully they won't all end up dying terribly...
:3
May 27, 2016 12:23 PM

Feb 2015
i can see the rating is dropping. is this anime gonna be like Erased ?
i heard Attack on Titan got delayed until 2017 (NOT SUPRISED!!!). and i can kinda imagine why they did that.
First, for obvious reason; Source Material. i'm guessing they want to make 2 cour. and the second one, because they're probably planning to make a sequel for this anime. and i'm guessing too, that this anime is just something like a make-up for the delayed of Attack on Titan sequel. i think this is what KnK purpose. just look at this episode's ending scene. that is completely a rip-off from Attack on Titan. so i'm guessing this anime is just something like a make up for the delayed attack on titan. and now, i'm worried about the budget. well, i hope Production I.G will be still working together with Wit Studio to make AoT

back on the episode, it was a decent episode overall. nothing intense happened here and i saw that coming from the very beginning of the episode. the episode looked like full SoL episode and tbh i enjoyed it, tho somehow i felt a little dissapointed cause there was nothing intese in this episode. either way i still like and enjoyed the episode. we got more flashback on Mumei past and we got to see that "Hunter" team. kinda rip off from AoT but i hope it atleast has a different story.

looking foward for the next episode, i guess ?
i doubt there will be any action with kabane in the next episode.
and i'm pretty sure they will make, they must make a sequel if the put this kind of episode in this kinda of series, on top of that, it only has 12 episode.
YizelTroMay 27, 2016 12:26 PM
May 27, 2016 12:35 PM

Apr 2008
Tevens said:
i can see the rating is dropping. is this anime gonna be like Erased ?
i heard Attack on Titan got delayed until 2017 (NOT SUPRISED!!!). and i can kinda imagine why they did that.
First, for obvious reason; Source Material. i'm guessing they want to make 2 cour. and the second one, because they're probably planning to make a sequel for this anime. and i'm guessing too, that this anime is just something like a make-up for the delayed of Attack on Titan sequel. i think this is what KnK purpose. just look at this episode's ending scene. that is completely a rip-off from Attack on Titan. so i'm guessing this anime is just something like a make up for the delayed attack on titan. and now, i'm worried about the budget. well, i hope Production I.G will be still working together with Wit Studio to make AoT

back on the episode, it was a decent episode overall. nothing intense happened here and i saw that coming from the very beginning of the episode. the episode looked like full SoL episode and tbh i enjoyed it, tho somehow i felt a little dissapointed cause there was nothing intese in this episode. either way i still like and enjoyed the episode. we got more flashback on Mumei past and we got to see that "Hunter" team. kinda rip off from AoT but i hope it atleast has a different story.

looking foward for the next episode, i guess ?
i doubt there will be any action with kabane in the next episode.
and i'm pretty sure they will make, they must make a sequel if the put this kind of episode in this kinda of series, on top of that, it only has 12 episode.

*Looks at the preview of the next episode* No action with the Kabane...riiiiight
May 27, 2016 1:05 PM

May 2015
More of a calm and breather episode after all that fighting. Guess it was good to have an episode like this for once, and I liked it. Seems like we got to see the Hunters at the end. Wonder what's the story behind the brother.

May 27, 2016 1:21 PM

Nov 2013
Milk_is_Special said:
Attack on Trains, the filler episode! Nothing interesting happened in this episode, and shouldn't have been added to the show.

We have seen a more human side of Mumei, her brother and his Kabane hunters appeared and there are hints of a power struggle between humans. But, yeah, nothing interesting happened. Also, since this is an anime original story, there are no filler.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
May 27, 2016 1:40 PM

Jul 2015
What is this. How dare they try to have a happy moment. There's no time for wishes and happiness in a world like this. PEOPLE AREN'T ALLOWED TO BE HAPPY. Seriously though, it messes with me whenever I watch an anime like this and they try to make things all happy and nice. I just start wondering when all hell will break loose. The fact that they went the entire episode with nothing happening meant I was on the edge of my seat, waiting for something to happen the entire time. Unable to relax.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 27, 2016 2:12 PM
Aug 2015

Now I can die in peace.
May 27, 2016 2:58 PM

Apr 2014
TheBigGuy said:
Milk_is_Special said:
Attack on Trains, the filler episode! Nothing interesting happened in this episode, and shouldn't have been added to the show.

We have seen a more human side of Mumei, her brother and his Kabane hunters appeared and there are hints of a power struggle between humans. But, yeah, nothing interesting happened. Also, since this is an anime original story, there are no filler.
An episode that doesn't follow the story is filler, regardless if it is based on something.
May 27, 2016 3:24 PM

Jan 2016
Loved this episode! love the light in it, and Mumei's brother seems like a pretty interesting character. Can't wait for the next episode, hypetrain!
May 27, 2016 3:37 PM

Nov 2015
what was that song that played during the fireworks scene? was that the ED, couldnt tell
May 27, 2016 3:57 PM

Apr 2008
PukingMachines said:
what was that song that played during the fireworks scene? was that the ED, couldnt tell

It was Icon from the OST
May 27, 2016 4:15 PM

Nov 2013
Yeah I like this episode, it's slow things down after the tension on the first six episodes. But 5 episodes left with things uncovered like Mumei or Ikoma's past guess there will be second season.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

May 27, 2016 4:19 PM

Oct 2013
Ikoma has grown on me a bit, after thinking of him as kind of a douche in the earlier eps. It was nice to see that Mumei still has some innocence left after all the horrors she has seen. Note how her face lit up like a little kid at the sight of fireworks. Good episode, but I'm sure the cry-bullies will find a million minor things wrong with it - ha ha.
May 27, 2016 5:39 PM

Apr 2013
Character driven episode which did a lot of good. Most of the characters became more interesting with just a few scenes and even Kurusu was quite likeable.
Can't say the plot advancement has exactly thrilled me, though. The arrival of the brother felt very anticlimatic...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
May 27, 2016 6:14 PM

Jan 2013
So this episode was more relaxing, finally the people had some time to breath some new fresh air and take a walk.
Mummei got a new outfit :3 She was so cute in this episode.
She tried being scary but i think it's impossible for her to be scary, that face simply doesn't allow her xD
It seems that she is still living with that fear that she may day today or tomorrow, but i think with Ikoma's help she will surpass that. That's why i love Ikoma, he is always so brave and determinant in his decisions and he can motivate people to think positively.
Kajika going shopping part was so funny xD She is also very cute :3
So they also have a "killing squad" which job is to kill Kabanes, and it seems that the boss of that killing squad is Mummei's brother...i wonder what kind of person he is, we will probably know it very soon since Ikoma have some doubts about him.
And let's not forget Ayame's eating cookies moment ahahahahaa And it also seems that Kurusu has some feelings for Ayame

Let's not forget the bast face of Mummei ahahahaha xD
[/quote]
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 27, 2016 7:15 PM

Jul 2012
Milk_is_Special said:
TheBigGuy said:

An episode that doesn't follow the story is filler, regardless if it is based on something.
Still not filler. If the entire episode focused entirely on the characters in the train, the characters' relationships didn't change, no important new information was given, and the train didn't get anywhere of value then yeah that you could consider filler. But this episode lots of relationships between characters improved, we learn Mumei's real name, Ikoma makes that promise to her, the train arrives in Shitori Station allowing them to restock on everything, and the Young Master is introduced, who Ikoma's become more suspicious of. It did follow the story, skipping this episode would leave most people pretty confused.
May 27, 2016 7:20 PM

Mar 2016

No apologies, I had to. But I did make it rated G!
They removed all my recommendations because they were "funny"... No joke.
May 27, 2016 7:38 PM

May 2016
ihatemecha said:

How dare you disgrace my godness Ayame like that?!!! XD JKJKJKJK
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
May 27, 2016 8:05 PM

Mar 2015
ihatemecha said:

can't... stop... laughing... XD

Mumei in this gif, just lol.
May 27, 2016 8:52 PM
Oct 2014
Kelgair said:
ihatemecha said:

can't... stop... laughing... XD

Mumei in this gif, just lol.

xD can't stop laugh so cool men xD
May 27, 2016 9:09 PM

Aug 2015
Man this anime is lovely, I love the transition from the tough, and hard battles to this happy, cheerful and relaxing episode. Looking forward to the episodes to come, I really hope they extend the series though, I really don't think 12 episodes will be enough for one season.
May 27, 2016 9:17 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode, the calm before the storm.
May 27, 2016 9:18 PM
Apr 2016
i was so happy after this episode until i see it is only 12 ep :(
May 27, 2016 9:22 PM

Jan 2013
Slow boring episode. Characters are not that interesting to have an episode like this. I only felt slightly interested in this episode when Bibi-sama showed up. Yet even then could he be even more obvious as a wolf in sheep clothing.
May 27, 2016 9:38 PM

Dec 2015
The Counterattack Mankind feels when they were celebrating Tanabata were what made this episode imo (16.33) :)

The overall pacing seems fine, they've done a good job of branching out from AOT's shadow.
~
May 27, 2016 9:39 PM

Jul 2013
YESSS mumei's best outfit from episode 1 is back!!
May 27, 2016 9:42 PM

Mar 2016
The_Deceiver said:
Anyone else annoyed by Ikoma's VA ? This may be one of the few that watching dub is probably better...

I don't like his voice either...
May 27, 2016 9:47 PM
Jan 2016
kamisama751 said:

To be fair, that was Biba's introductory scene, they had to skip whatever paperwork/inspections/mundane things that went on while the civilians were busy crowding the bridge to greet him (something had to delay them between the time the guards announced the train's arrival and them finally going into the town proper, also you'll notice the Koutetsujou's main cast all got changed before going over to see what the commotion was about, so there was an additional time lapse) in order to make it dramatic.

The scene does allow for Biba time to have gone through inspection if he did, but at the same time it's plausible his status as a national hero and relationship to the shogun could have allowed him to ignore the rules (which isn't unprecedented, Ayame's father did as much for Shimon and Mumei, the station's lord could have the same for Biba and his liberators as well), so it works either way.
May 27, 2016 9:59 PM

May 2016
I'm giving it 3/5... It was not a bad EP but it wasn't anything special either... and I'm kinda glad that they toned it down on the budget in this one so we might get some sexy animation plus more of that God-tier CGI for the 'meaty' EPs that are (hopefully) coming.

Well, it's cool that they finally gave us Bibi-sama, but I must say that I'm not a big fan of his design. I dunno, he just doesn't look like he belongs in this show... I guess it could be due to his bishounen appearance... It feels like a trope really, but I guess I'll have more time and material to make up my mind on him in the next EP since it seems we'll be seeing him in action and as a leader.

Also that blue haired hunter really bothered me. I mean I'm fine with Yukina and Bibi having pinkish hair, but for blue just doesn't feel like it works well in the color palette of this show...
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

544 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 8, 6:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.