Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 26, 2016 5:36 AM
Jul 2018
This manga has been licensed here and the first volume is coming out next month. I'm thinking of buying it, since I loved the anime series. There are no reviews on this, so I wanted to ask, is it worth it?

I heard some manga (such as Kill la Kill) are basically frame-to-page translations of the anime, is this the same?
Dec 4, 2016 5:28 AM

Nov 2009
puraragi said:
This manga has been licensed here and the first volume is coming out next month. I'm thinking of buying it, since I loved the anime series. There are no reviews on this, so I wanted to ask, is it worth it?

I heard some manga (such as Kill la Kill) are basically frame-to-page translations of the anime, is this the same?

I bought all of the volumes in German from TOKYOPOP just because I am a fan of the show and wanted to own a copy. It has a nice matte cover with glossy art and text and beautiful bonus art that cover two pages. My German isn't fluent yet so I haven't had the time to really sit down and read it but by looking trough the pages I can tell it looks very similar to the anime.
Dec 5, 2016 6:07 AM
Jul 2018
Lobke said:
puraragi said:

I bought all of the volumes in German from TOKYOPOP just because I am a fan of the show and wanted to own a copy. It has a nice matte cover with glossy art and text and beautiful bonus art that cover two pages. My German isn't fluent yet so I haven't had the time to really sit down and read it but by looking trough the pages I can tell it looks very similar to the anime.

I actually bought it! Read through it and it was very similar to the anime but it had been quite some time since I last watched it so it wasn't jarring. I felt like there were some extra dialogue, which compensated for some moments and twists which didn't work as well on paper compared to the anime. Only major change I noticed is that the confession scene at the end does not take place, the characters confess individually on different scenes which most of the time came off nowhere and had little to no impact.

The cover and bonus art were beatiful though! It might have been worth buying it just for the art!
Oct 25, 2020 6:55 PM
Dec 2019
puraragi said:
Lobke said:

I actually bought it! Read through it and it was very similar to the anime but it had been quite some time since I last watched it so it wasn't jarring. I felt like there were some extra dialogue, which compensated for some moments and twists which didn't work as well on paper compared to the anime. Only major change I noticed is that the confession scene at the end does not take place, the characters confess individually on different scenes which most of the time came off nowhere and had little to no impact.

The cover and bonus art were beatiful though! It might have been worth buying it just for the art!

Did you read an English version if so please tell me where i can buy ut

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. Chapter 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

3 by onewaybrillo »»
Apr 6, 2022 5:23 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2012

5 by onewaybrillo »»
Apr 5, 2022 6:45 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. Chapter 13 Discussion

not_in_use417 - Sep 1, 2014

2 by Stargazingx »»
Mar 12, 2022 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. Chapter 12 Discussion

0 by not_in_use417 »»
Sep 1, 2014 9:40 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. Chapter 11 Discussion

0 by not_in_use417 »»
Sep 1, 2014 9:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.