Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 25, 2016 2:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh sweet, Seigen showed up. I can barely take his personality seriously but it's about time he appeared in this series. His relationship with Rokuro is rather bizarre so far. I have to admit that he has a decent amount of abilities, definitely not someone to be underestimated.

I think this episode had less humor compared to the others though especially with Mayura's life in danger again. Gee, what a surprise The revelation about Rokuro's past as well..
Stark700May 25, 2016 4:36 AM
May 25, 2016 4:38 AM

Jan 2015
So Mayura's "concern" toward Rokuro is now more than just a friend. It become more clear after that debate and Rokuro's "confession" about what he want to do for now.
And that Mayura's father, he's definitely on a different level from Benio and Rokuro. And YEAH, he has no resemblance with Mayura. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 25, 2016 5:00 AM

Jan 2012
Poor best-girl Mayura getting attacked like that. At least she's got badass Seigen for a dad! XD

Mascera said:
And YEAH, he has no resemblance with Mayura. LOL

Oh c'mon, you missed their blonde hair!

Such a kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii daddy and daughter! XD
animefan8800May 25, 2016 5:06 AM
May 25, 2016 5:13 AM
Nov 2015
Well shit, there goes my sleep with this image flashing in my head.

May 25, 2016 5:34 AM

Jan 2015
animefan8800 said:
Poor best-girl Mayura getting attacked like that. At least she's got badass Seigen for a dad! XD

Mascera said:
And YEAH, he has no resemblance with Mayura. LOL

Oh c'mon, you missed their blonde hair!

Such a kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii daddy and daughter! XD

Well, I notice that one pale hair color but what I mean isaside from their hair. Like their attitude, maybe? LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 25, 2016 6:45 AM

Jun 2014
woah, this episode esculated quickly
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2016 7:29 AM

Aug 2015
Meh. This show is pretty mediocre in everything.
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
May 25, 2016 7:41 AM

Dec 2014
This was the most interesting episode of the series till date. First half was pretty average but the second half really made up for it. Finally some insight on Rokuro.

Seigen's pretty cool, Like how he's testing Rokuro conviction.

The Hinatsuki tragedy seems very interesting, From what I see i the PV I'm guessing all the children were corrupted and turned into Kegare leaving Rokuro no choice but to kill all of them.
I hope Benio-chan doesn't overreact to this and start hating Rokuro.

So does this episode mark the start of the first major arc? Cause everything upto now seemed episodic.
May 25, 2016 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
Poor Mayura, she got attacked like that!

Seigen finally show up!
May 25, 2016 8:23 AM

Jan 2016
The flashbacks showed that Rokuro's arm was like getting ripped apart. (in Episode 1)

I think the Kegare corruption has something to do with the Hinatsuki tragedy.
At least justify your opinions instead of just saying "it's my opinion". It would've been more polite.

May 25, 2016 8:38 AM

Dec 2014
I kinda like segen... but that reveal though.....

Roku... killed the kids.. why didn't they locked him up
May 25, 2016 9:15 AM

Jul 2015
RagNor said:
I was so hyped for this series, with these 2 exorcists together figthing monsters, but what happend?

They just hate each other, there is another useless annyoing girl with big boobs and fukn green hair, annnd there are so many just boring episodes.

Episode 7 where they did something together... I just called at the start, they will offend each other at the end... and what happend? Exactly that.

SPOILER I guess: And now... Rokuro killed Benio´s brother?

What reason does she have now to like him?

If they don´t stop hating each other... the series is done for me.

just read the manga. the anime is a sorry mess it's complete bs so far
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2016 9:18 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
OtakuCulture said:
RagNor said:
I was so hyped for this series, with these 2 exorcists together figthing monsters, but what happend?

They just hate each other, there is another useless annyoing girl with big boobs and fukn green hair, annnd there are so many just boring episodes.

Episode 7 where they did something together... I just called at the start, they will offend each other at the end... and what happend? Exactly that.

SPOILER I guess: And now... Rokuro killed Benio´s brother?

What reason does she have now to like him?

If they don´t stop hating each other... the series is done for me.

How?

So far, it's done a pretty good job by adding more characterization for the side characters unlike with with manga

This episode should have happened earlier but even so, it still adapated the important bits quite nicely....They perfectly nailed Seigen as well
May 25, 2016 9:19 AM

Sep 2015
Whaaaaat ? How is it possible '-'
Well I guess he had a reason

Seigen is soooo cool
May 25, 2016 9:25 AM

May 2015
seigen appears now!!
May 25, 2016 9:26 AM

Apr 2014
I'm really curious how they're going to handle Kamui's fight knowing Yuto's going to be introduced first.
OtakuCulture said:

What crucial details from the manga were handled badly or was skipped that makes the anime a mess?
May 25, 2016 10:01 AM

Nov 2014
ibraheem234 said:
I kinda like segen... but that reveal though.....

Roku... killed the kids.. why didn't they locked him up

Probably because it's not his fault. As much as they are trying to make it sound bad for him right now, of course there's going to be a legit reason why this happened. Rokurou is going to blame himself for it regardless though, because it was 'technically him'.
May 25, 2016 10:08 AM

Jul 2013
I don't believe Rokuro killed his friends at will. Probably something happened that forced him to kill them. Probably that will be revealed in the next episode.

Seigen is badass. I like his lazy tone. And voiced by Junichi Suwabe. Simply great.

Best episode so far.
May 25, 2016 10:47 AM

Jun 2014
I kind of like Seigen, for some reason I really like characters with a "give no fucks" type of attitude. Then again, it could also be because I don't really care for just about any of the other characters. Whatever, I want to see more of his abilities because he seems like he'd be a badass in combat.

Looks like we're getting into Rokuro's backstory. He obviously must have had a good reason to kill everyone (they were probably afflicted with that Kegare corruption) because I seriously doubt he would simply kill them in cold blood. While this show is still painfully average, things seem to be getting interesting.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 25, 2016 10:52 AM

Oct 2013
Wow I can't believe how quickly the story developed and how much we know about Rokuro and Benio now
May 25, 2016 11:33 AM

Jan 2015
I wonder if Benio can forgive Rokuro for that. Marrying each other seems even more less likely now. Not that we would've seen it anyway since they're kids.
May 25, 2016 11:52 AM

Jul 2015
Mayura's dad is op af. He's got that rail gun Level 5 mixed in lol
May 25, 2016 11:54 AM
Jul 2015
Lelouch0202 said:

So does this episode mark the start of the first major arc? Cause everything upto now seemed episodic.

pretty much yes.

I liked this episode but I really think they should have made the fight longer.
May 25, 2016 12:03 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Mayura is wife material.

This is actual the first decent thing in the plot since they were told to get married and make a baby.
May 25, 2016 12:26 PM

Sep 2013
Benio and Mayura clash over Rokuro being an exorcist, but Rokuro stands his ground.
Mayura has potent powers cause she's from a good bloodline and Captain Levi archetype arrives XD

Rukuro killed everyone :O probably isn't that simple thou and Benio wants answers.
May 25, 2016 1:06 PM

Mar 2013
The twist in this episode was 900 times better than anything else in this entire show so far but... why did we have to sit through 8 episodes of dull cliché bullshit to get here?
May 25, 2016 1:08 PM

Feb 2015
i like this episode. the first half was okay and as it went to the second half, it was getting pretty scary xD when a scary kid started to grabbed mayura's hand. that one was pretty scary imo. and the second half........mind fuck.......xD well that was only the beginning tho. the main event for the mind fuck is in the next episode. and i was pretty suprised and didn't see that coming. i thought Kegare killed all of them but i didn't expect instead he killed all of them. now that is a one hell of a pain.

kinda looking foward for the next episode :D
May 25, 2016 1:20 PM

Sep 2014
Nothing I hate more then a fucking villain in the background, grinning like a fucking retard.So cheesy and annoying.
May 25, 2016 1:20 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Lots of background information on everyone.....Eyebag Man.....Green Hair Girl......Whiny (but improving) MC......and female MC (only annoying thing about her is her familiar). It seems like most folks have a reason to dislike our MC at this point in the series so we best come up with an explanation for his corruption back then to soothe the savage hordes! 7/10
May 25, 2016 1:33 PM

Apr 2013
Wow what a huge reveal, I suspected Rokuro lost control of his powers and went berserk but I never would have guessed that he also killed Benio's beloved brother. It's going to be interesting to see how she will respond and be able to forgive him for it.
May 25, 2016 2:45 PM

Sep 2014
Hmm I guess a story is finally starting? Still mediocre at best tbh.
May 25, 2016 3:29 PM

Jan 2008
Wow this episode was rushed, lol.

Pretty sad they cut off Seigen's full introduction and Rokuro's reaction to seeing him back, which in the manga was him dashing away the instant he saw him. Was more amusing.

Well, lets hope whats gonna happen next episode is what I hope will happen, at this weird pacing.

I still dislike Mayura, she reminds me too much of that useless 3rd wheel girl from Shakugan no Shana.
May 25, 2016 4:00 PM

Feb 2014
lol well that escalated suddenly. Gotta admit, did not see that coming o.o

Hopefully the show picks up from here
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
May 25, 2016 5:02 PM

Sep 2013
The developments in this episode kinda pissed me off. Especially Seigen, creating drama just so things don't develop to smoothly.
I ended up reading some spoilers so I'm interested in seeing how things will go moving forward.
May 25, 2016 5:47 PM

Dec 2013
To be honest, they took a bit too long to reach this spot. 8 episodes in and we finally get to the beginning of the main storyline. Not that the previous 7 episodes were a complete waste of time, but they could've definitely compressed some of the stuff down by at least one or two episodes.

Now unless this show goes for more than 12 episodes, we really won't be seeing much in the way of plot development.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 25, 2016 6:48 PM

Jan 2014
I haven't been that excited about this anime but my interest finally piqued with this episode.

Also, Mayura's father is basically Levi 2.0 ~

JotakakMay 25, 2016 7:08 PM
May 25, 2016 6:50 PM

Dec 2009
Fantastic episode, finally back to adapting the manga. It's a bit odd we're getting Seigen and Hinasuki tragedy backstory before the Kamui fight but so far the re-arranged scenes make sense since they're making this a 50 something episode series.
May 25, 2016 6:51 PM

Dec 2009
L-Ryoshi said:
To be honest, they took a bit too long to reach this spot. 8 episodes in and we finally get to the beginning of the main storyline. Not that the previous 7 episodes were a complete waste of time, but they could've definitely compressed some of the stuff down by at least one or two episodes.

Now unless this show goes for more than 12 episodes, we really won't be seeing much in the way of plot development.

It's confirmed for more than 12 episodes, we're getting a new opening theme at episode 13.
May 25, 2016 6:56 PM

Jan 2012
L-Ryoshi said:

We know it's at least getting 24 episodes and a new op/ed in July, possibly 50.
May 25, 2016 7:20 PM

Jul 2009
EXFalchion said:
Anyone else not like Seigen? Or Kinako? Or Rokuro? Or Benio? Or any of the characters really?

lmao I feel you bro. I'll back Rokuro cuz he's pitiful and the main character but the rest are super annoying (ESPECIALLY KINAKO!)
May 25, 2016 9:20 PM

May 2015
EP 8 and we see this so is this going to have 50 ep's or not?
May 25, 2016 9:35 PM

Mar 2009
Well, damn. That was an interesting twist.
May 25, 2016 10:03 PM

Aug 2013
Finally the anime is showing the potential of this plot, and making a good adaptation, many conflicts have arisen in the episode, and the main was Benio discover that was Rokuro who killed all his former comrades, I am really looking forward to see the final developments of this anime, as well as the upcoming fights ..
May 25, 2016 10:19 PM
Mar 2009
Well, they certainly dropped a bomb on this one...

MC is now a mass-murder, is (forcibly) engaged to the sister of a victim, and living a fairly free and happy life... and his master let's his daughter still associate with him, even though he knows what happened.

Not sure how they will glue this back together. Rokuro at best seemed like he was just sad about a past tragedy, but now he's revealed to have played an active role in it. Oh I know he was 'corrupted' and that's how they'll spin it, but really he's not been living a penitent life. He's been going to school, asking out girls, and just living with what up until now is just survivor's guilt. What an awesome counseling and therapy program they have to get him to that point in just two years.

This whole situation is just bad on bad. I'm gonna say they'll excuse it as a "not his fault" or "he's at victim too", maybe "boys will be boys(?)". Expecting a cheap way out.
May 25, 2016 10:46 PM

Dec 2012
The impur transformation was creepy. This was a more serious episode, why he did that ? :/
May 25, 2016 11:30 PM

Nov 2015
Nice development overall, Seigen didn't seriously looked like Mayura's dad though.

The OST during the battles in this anime are just fantastic, you can just see the battles for the music alone.

A bit more about Rokuro's backstory and what really happened there was great, now I think I can understand why he would just space out during every battle till now.

But there is more to the story and I hope the backstory just gets richer and more deep so we can understand everyone's emotions and maybe even root for them.
May 26, 2016 12:01 AM

Mar 2016
Z4k said:

What crucial details from the manga were handled badly or was skipped that makes the anime a mess?

Some of their original content is nice and would definitely add depth if they just....knew how to use it more properly because right now, it's just making the story inconsistent and messy imo
LulupusMay 26, 2016 12:25 AM
May 26, 2016 12:09 AM

Mar 2016
EXFalchion said:
Anyone else not like Seigen? Or Kinako? Or Rokuro? Or Benio? Or any of the characters really?

All of these characters aren't likable at first, but they develop later on...though I can't say the same for Kinako since he's an anime original lol

Also, the anime might mess with everyone's characterization so I'm only vouching for their manga counterparts
May 26, 2016 12:14 AM

Mar 2016
talentlessash said:
The developments in this episode kinda pissed me off. Especially Seigen, creating drama just so things don't develop to smoothly.

He was acting like a total arse to Rokuro because he was intending to discourage him from becoming an exorcist again, not because he wanted to ruin Rokuro and Benio's relationship
May 26, 2016 2:33 AM

Jan 2014
Nope....After this episode i suddenly feel like i don't want to watch this show anymore...

-Episode 8 and mains' relationship didnt improve at all
-Annoying side characters,villains,etc...
-Barely saw plot
-There is not "1 thing that makes me want to watch more"...It was the possibility of a romance which is nonexistent now

Dropped...Dont take it as an insult tho,i dont usually watch shounen stuff like these,so its my bad...

Thanks for clarifying that one...Was a little stupid tbh...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2016

49 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2016

67 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 15, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

48 by Vindicater »»
Apr 10, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

84 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2016

99 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.