Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 24, 2016 5:59 PM

Jun 2008
People that hang out on message boards typically have relationships online. Maybe we seek out conversation on the internet because we wish to find people with similar interest but some of us just don't have social lives or sex lives so we try and fulfill that online where you can be as confident as you want
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2016 6:09 PM

Sep 2007
Yes.

In other news, today I saw a squirrel.

May 24, 2016 6:18 PM

Feb 2016
Lots of people lie over the internet. Talk to people for friendship but don't pursue an online relationship. Save yourself from the heartache because you're more than likely going to get catfished or lied to. I mean it all sounds beautiful in theory. You meet a nice person and you two get along and have similar interests. Months later you'll find out the real truth and boy does it sting.
May 24, 2016 6:47 PM
Jul 2018
shotz_ said:
no relationship per se but sometimes i cyber with mods on web forums like this one.

No wonder ntad retired :00000000 Fall out?
May 24, 2016 7:01 PM

Apr 2016
I just think anime nerds are just thirstier and it seems like you have a chance with an anime girl because they are the most depraved individuals on the face of the earth. Trust me, I've read stories about con orgies on the internet.
May 24, 2016 7:09 PM

Jul 2012
Not interested. Can't judge someone by online persona.
May 24, 2016 7:13 PM

Dec 2010
doesn't sound like a good idea imo online or long distance relationships usually always perish and leave u emotionally fucked

May 24, 2016 7:14 PM

Jan 2012
I have had (and still do have) many friends who I have met online/through social media. Only two did I actually pursue an online relationship with, and one of them I am still dating. Him and I have met in real life a total of three times (with a few days included in each visit) but we have been together for over two years and have a serious relationship.

I met him on instagram as one of my followers and then later he became a friend in which after he eventually confessed to me :)

I had liked people in real life, and were friends with them and stuff, but because of personal reasons I was never able to be my full self around anyone out of fear that my family might find out, so online it was easier for me to be who I truly am.

May 24, 2016 7:16 PM

Jan 2012
Uhio said:
doesn't sound like a good idea imo online or long distance relationships usually always perish and leave u emotionally fucked

Yeah, long distance sucks.

May 24, 2016 7:16 PM

Dec 2014
no relationship as of yet.... ..... .
May 24, 2016 7:39 PM

Jan 2014
Been in one for 6 months now, spent most of April at her house.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

May 24, 2016 7:43 PM

Feb 2014
I have online friend relationships, but never had an online romantic interest.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
May 25, 2016 12:10 AM

Aug 2015
I had one, not the best experience ever... I'd honestly prefer dating someone whom I can actually meet and be close to.
May 25, 2016 1:08 AM
Jul 2018
Nah, online relationships just sound too hard to work out so I never try pursuing any. Too much heartache. Besides it's difficult to judge personality online unless you interact in every way possible.
May 25, 2016 1:18 AM

Feb 2016
I couldn't engage in an romantic relationship with someone I have never seen in person face to face. It would just be weird to me. Also, I don't want to be catfished either.
May 25, 2016 1:23 AM

Oct 2012
I've been on the internet a long time, and i've seen many examples of successful online relationships. Although, i wont pretend that this is the norm or anything, plenty of times they'll simple not work. Honestly, i feel like pursuing online friendships is best, if something more develops naturally, then so be it.
May 25, 2016 1:28 AM

Jan 2009
im not into a relationship for a long time offline and online, i decided to be out of the gene pool because of disability and my illness is highly hereditary anyway

usually online relationships are long distance relationships so it has high rate of failure
May 25, 2016 1:36 AM
Jan 2016
realistically relationships like this dont work because of trust issues and physical needs

but if ur lucky af like me there may b some1 out there that can beat the odds and make it worth more than any 'offline' relationship could
May 25, 2016 1:39 AM

Jan 2015
I had irl flings with women I got to know online a couple of times. They became someones to have coffee and a nice chat with and a warm body to inject sperm into. Didn't get much further than that though, pretty meaningless in all honesty. I don't think I have a soul mate because I have no soul. Life is sad.
May 25, 2016 1:44 AM

Oct 2015
I have had internet crushes for sure... I remember one from runescape confessing via another website... bad timing and bad approach and I don't talk to him anymore.

My last internet crush worked out, its currently 1:42 AM and I'm sitting in the bed we co-signed and bought together from Ashley Furniture... he's next to me sleeping (not snoring rn thank god) cause he works early in the AM.. I'm up late cause I work in the PM...
....also met him cause of runescape... lmfao oops
May 25, 2016 1:48 AM
Jul 2018
I had like one

it came to a screeching, painful halt.
May 25, 2016 2:06 AM

Apr 2016
Nah, I currently do not have a relationship online.
I feel that having a girl friend online, is just useless, cause they can just dump u and go for another guy..
For me online relationships is a big NO!!!
But even if a girl tries to take me online, first i need to talk to her on a video call or something like that. LOL
Um........
May 25, 2016 2:07 AM

Mar 2016
People consist of 3 faces

1. While beeing in a group of people
  2. While beeing 1-on-1
  3. While beeing on internet

You can't jugde a person if You know only one of those.
May 25, 2016 2:23 AM

Nov 2011
I would have an online relationship but even online no body likes me. I feel like shit.
May 25, 2016 2:28 AM

Dec 2015
I don't think it is a good idea. And if you don't know the person in real life it can't be a real relationship ha ha. (Okay maybe that is why it is called "online relationship" and a "long distance relationship" would be real and you would have met the other person at least once trying to meet them more often.)

For some "fun" or "good friendship" it is okay. You might even call it relationshp if you don't have much other people and you understand each other. But you should know that people in real life might be different and you might be disappointed.

I think it is fine as long as it aren't 14 years old that after some texting go around like "lovelove you ..." puting them in their FB stat as partner and then cry when that person gets a real partner in real life ha ha.
May 25, 2016 2:36 AM

Dec 2015
Never even tried to start a relationship online.
Plus I can't flirt using text only, too much time to formulate what I'm going to say, it just comes off as unnatural.
May 25, 2016 2:42 AM
Oct 2010
From scary second hand experience, I have only one piece of advice: if you have an online relationship, take steps to make it offline by yesterday. A dear friend of mine was trapped in an online relationship he eventually realized could never be consummated despites his partner's assurances, and yet XXXteen years later he is still chasing online phantoms unable to break the loop.

Don't wait until you are too old to do anything.
May 25, 2016 4:13 AM

Feb 2014
@losers and i will be together in july lets pray hes not a 30yo creep :^)
May 25, 2016 4:49 AM

Sep 2015
I only ever get involved in online relationships when I'm bored as fuck and looking to kill time, or when I'm drunk asf and I have to block them the next morning.

I prefer my relationships in real life. That's not to say the right girl for me won't appear online, but I would never use the internet to search for a girlfriend. That alone is creepy in it's own right.

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
May 25, 2016 5:32 AM

Jan 2015
Waifu_Strangler said:
I would have an online relationship but even online no body likes me. I feel like shit.

If I told you nobody online dislikes you would it make you feel worse?
May 25, 2016 5:37 AM

Jul 2014
Yes I have. Met my current boyfriend over an MMORPG 5 years ago. The game had a marriage system (lol) and he was my partner there. Though we didn't intend to actually date irl, we ended up dating anyway and with effort actually made it work. Everyday we talked over Skype/Facetime and txted each other through Viber for over a year before we finally met up in person (despite living in different countries), lived together for short periods and met each other's families & friends.

Now we're together for 4 years and counting with plans on settling down and getting married within the next 1-3 years (depends on work and documents that need to me settled). Can't wait too... LDR is a pain in the ass. I don't recommend it!!
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 25, 2016 5:38 AM

May 2016
Never had a relationship, online or in real life. Neither did I feel the need to have a relationship. I'm a happy single for as long as I don't fall in love.
This is my signature now, deal with it (ノ・д・)ノ
May 25, 2016 5:40 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I have nearly 100 imoutos on MAL by now ^-^
May 25, 2016 6:18 AM

Jan 2016
A lot, if not everyone lies about something about themselves on the Internet. Which makes it hard to know someone. Let alone having a relationship with that person
May 25, 2016 7:05 AM
Feb 2012
Wait, isn't it normal to have online relationships with cute girls whom you send money on a regular basis who turn out to be 40-year-old truckers? Don't go shattering my world, you bastard!
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 25, 2016 9:44 AM

May 2016
I'm in a long distance online relationship. We occasionally find ways to meet up and have fun ;) The distance makes me appreciate the rare physical contact more, therefore giving me le feels. Worth it.

May 25, 2016 9:49 AM

Sep 2015
i tryed more than once to find a girlfriend on mal. all of them turned me down - some directly, others by ignoring my posts.... i hate women

May 26, 2016 3:29 AM

Feb 2014
leonstone said:
i don't even understand the concept of online relation ships tbh , i mean you're never gonna meet , you don't even know each other , no matter how much you talk and stuff , it's pointless

i know many people (myself included) that have met people online don't be so pessimistic :^)
i talk to my guy 7-8 hours a day on skype i spend more time with him than my friends do with their s/os lol
May 26, 2016 3:26 PM
Jul 2018
Whenever I see someone in an online relationship I automatically lose all respect for them.
I feel very sorry for people who lacks dignity and lowers themselves to a sorry state in which a complete stranger, who obviously is nothing like the person they pretend to be, behind a screen can take advantage of them.
May 26, 2016 3:34 PM

Feb 2016
I got two cousins who married their online bf irl. It seems weird to me because I don't think I would be able to have a long distance relationship. It feels like a lot of work, romancing through pixels and what not. I need to see for myself it's not a robot I'm talking to :3
May 26, 2016 3:37 PM

Mar 2014
Personally, I don't see the appeal in online dating. It's better to get out and meet people.
May 26, 2016 3:47 PM

Feb 2016
SaturdayKrush said:
Lots of people lie over the internet. Talk to people for friendship but don't pursue an online relationship. Save yourself from the heartache because you're more than likely going to get catfished or lied to. I mean it all sounds beautiful in theory. You meet a nice person and you two get along and have similar interests. Months later you'll find out the real truth and boy does it sting.

Do I sense a story behind this, bruh?
May 26, 2016 4:20 PM

Mar 2014
had one when I was 13, that was all I needed for a lifetime
May 26, 2016 4:27 PM

Jun 2014
that shit ain't no good, better to thirst than to try a fulfilling one thru online methods
May 27, 2016 3:09 PM

Feb 2016
Blacksad23 said:
SaturdayKrush said:

Do I sense a story behind this, bruh?

Perhaps =/
Nobody wants to hear about that though
May 27, 2016 3:12 PM

Sep 2014
I had a gf online when I was 8 lmao. Used to play some online games and get gfs. Damn, I really was a thug back then.
May 27, 2016 3:53 PM

May 2016
i had once an online relationship with a Polish person, for years that person was lying to me and in the end cheated on my back..
May 27, 2016 5:29 PM
May 2016
Once you get into the physical aspects of relationships, online ones become a lot harder. That said, long distance is still totally possible. Once you get older you'll have the means to visit the long distance relationships as well.
May 28, 2016 1:09 AM

Jan 2016
Oh heck no, I mean, I don't think it's plausible. I haven't imagined myself in that situation- they seem like too much effort.
Maybe?
When you're talking about friendship though I think they're possible. They're less maintenance after all.
May 28, 2016 1:26 AM

Apr 2015
It sucks, but anyway.

I have known couples who were in online relationship for years, then go real life after 3 or so years. Not impossible, but what is the odd. 99% of them fail.

It isnt like real life relationship is any better tbf, I have known someone who went in rel for freaking 3 days... Idk wtf they were doing. Except physical contact, I dont think real life rel is any better than online. People still cheat, they can still fake themselves (yeah see it lotsa time) etc etc.

This topic comes out too much in forum lol.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Fill this thread with the most questionable statement or two you can think of!

IAmOdie - Apr 20

35 by Kamikaze_404 »»
17 minutes ago

» Why should we have sympathy for drug addicts? ( 1 2 )

HarryRambod22 - Feb 10, 2022

67 by 88expert »»
50 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

67 by vasipi4946 »»
1 hour ago

» I got spooked by a water bottle

tsukareru - Yesterday

21 by tsukareru »»
2 hours ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

22 by JaniSIr »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.