Forum Settings
Forums

would you prefer an AI robot wife or a real woman?

New
May 24, 2016 12:52 AM
Mar 2016
transhumanists and some tech experts believe that within our lifetimes, we'll have both AI robots that accurately mimic people with personalities, and artificial wombs

chances are they'll combine the two eventually and have AI robot wives you can even have kids with

if it happens within your lifetime and you're still single, would you get a robo wife? or keep holding out for a real woman?

if you're female, the reverse question for you
May 24, 2016 12:54 AM

May 2013
gonna go with the real woman option on this one
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 24, 2016 12:59 AM

Aug 2015
As intriguing as this 'robot wife' sounds... I believe I'd prefer a real woman.
May 24, 2016 1:00 AM

Apr 2013
Well obviously I'd prefer a real woman anytime, but before I stay forever alone...
May 24, 2016 1:03 AM

Jan 2009
well with how fuck up my social skills are because of my psychological disorder then ye i would consider a robot waifu especially if its so advance that its maintenance is so cheap and easy to do

or science can actually step up its game and cure mental disorders already so that i can do a family in a traditional way
May 24, 2016 1:04 AM

May 2015
Jou-dan said:
transhumanists and some tech experts believe that within our lifetimes, we'll have both AI robots that accurately mimic people with personalities, and artificial wombs

chances are they'll combine the two eventually and have AI robot wives you can even have kids with

if it happens within your lifetime and you're still single, would you get a robo wife? or keep holding out for a real woman?

if you're female, the reverse question for you
You mean from the insemination to the birth? Still quite far from that.

Having an AI as wife would cost a lot not only for purchase but maintenance too, there's the potential danger of them being hackered or having malfunctions that would lead to deadly situations. You have to be on top all the time since probably it would hurt the opposite, there would be no real person to talk with. Plus many other disadvantages.

On the other hand the AI would shut up when asked, so the choice is very hard to make. /sarcasm of course... aha sure sarcasm... maybe...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2016 1:05 AM

Jul 2012
No, as much as I like perfection, I want to be with someone that makes mistakes, is spontaneous and unpredictable.
May 24, 2016 1:07 AM

Jun 2015
Well if it they can make a super real and life like robot Husband/Wife then why not :3

Assuming they have flawless features and flawless AI then I think they'd be pretty good x D

A male robot can't give birth though : T
May 24, 2016 1:16 AM

May 2015
Tomato said:
Well if it they can make a super real and life like robot Husband/Wife then why not :3

Assuming they have flawless features and flawless AI then I think they'd be pretty good x D

If a female robot can, why can't a male one? Gosh, even in hypothetical scenarios we can't have equality of sexes? Misandrist!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2016 1:18 AM

Jun 2015
zal said:
Tomato said:

If a female robot can, why can't a male one? Gosh, even in hypothetical scenarios we can't have equality of sexes? Misandrist!

An artificial womb only holds the baby : T
The egg and sperm are still taken from people and a male robot can't make his own sperm >// 3 //<
May 24, 2016 1:23 AM

May 2015
Tomato said:
zal said:

The egg and sperm are still taken from people and a male robot can't make his own sperm >// 3 //<
But that goes for the female robots too, they can't make its (using his or her is discriminatory towards the AI) own egg.
See??? I unveiled your double standards.
May 24, 2016 1:25 AM

Jun 2015
zal said:
Tomato said:

But that goes for the female robots too, they can't make its (using his or her is discriminatory towards the AI) own egg.

but you can get DNA free eggs or something like that : I
May 24, 2016 1:29 AM

May 2015
Tomato said:
zal said:

So you want the robot to be just the bearer, I don't see why male robots would be unable to do that as well as female robots. There's no need for a vagina to give birth, even human females sometimes make use of surgery for birth from the stomach, it wouldn't be hard to implement a mechanism for that even in a male robot.
May 24, 2016 1:34 AM

Jun 2015
zal said:
Tomato said:

So you want the robot to be just the bearer, I don't see why male robots would be unable to do that as well as female robots. There's no need for a vagina to give birth, even human females sometimes make use of surgery for birth from the stomach, it wouldn't be hard to implement a mechanism for that even in a male robot.

FINE FINE A male robot CAN bear children but if they're owned by a woman the woman can do it herself if she wishes to do so right? : T

I just have an issue with getting donor sperm from some other person rather than your beloved robot husband :c
May 24, 2016 1:44 AM

May 2015
Tomato said:
zal said:

FINE FINE A male robot CAN bear children but if they're owned by a woman the woman can do it herself if she wishes to do so right? : T

I just have an issue with getting donor sperm from some other person rather than your beloved robot husband :c
Birth can do horrible things to the physical and mental health of the mother (rarely) and some just want to avoid the pain and difficulties it brings, others just can't. However I don't see why they couldn't, I was just stating the possibility for that to happen. A male human would have to make the robot bear the child, a female human would have the choice of bearing it herself or not.

Even with the female robot you would need an egg from someone else or at least the DNA, giving birth to yourself doesn't sound well to me. You can't have a child with the egg of your AI waifu the same way you can't with the sperm of your AI husband. They both lack DNA.
May 24, 2016 2:03 AM

Jan 2015
I think you already know what most people's answer to this will be.

May 24, 2016 2:09 AM

Jan 2016
I'm actually on the fence about this. I think I'd prefer a real woman at the end of the day, though.
May 24, 2016 2:25 AM

Jun 2015
zal said:
Tomato said:

Birth can do horrible things to the physical and mental health of the mother (rarely) and some just want to avoid the pain and difficulties it brings, others just can't. However I don't see why they couldn't, I was just stating the possibility for that to happen. A male human would have to make the robot bear the child, a female human would have the choice of bearing it herself or not.

Even with the female robot you would need an egg from someone else or at least the DNA, giving birth to yourself doesn't sound well to me. You can't have a child with the egg of your AI waifu the same way you can't with the sperm of your AI husband. They both lack DNA.

Hmm I'm not quite sure but I read an article somewhere that they could remove the DNA from eggs or sperm(I think it's eggs) and they could add someone else's DNA or maybe even genetically modified DNA to the opposite cell to produce a child for transgender people. It's very close to the cloning process where they just inject the DNA directly into the egg :0

I don't know anymore T_ T I mean we could always just clone ourselves using the artificial wombs instead of sharing DNA and reproducing : T
May 24, 2016 2:29 AM

Jan 2009
Tomato said:
zal said:

Hmm I'm not quite sure but I read an article somewhere that they could remove the DNA from eggs or sperm(I think it's eggs) and they could add someone else's DNA or maybe even genetically modified DNA to the opposite cell to produce a child for transgender people. It's very close to the cloning process where they just inject the DNA directly into the egg :0

I don't know anymore T_ T I mean we could always just clone ourselves using the artificial wombs instead of sharing DNA and reproducing : T

and there is an ongoing research to produce artificial sperm and artificial eggs too
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/artificial-egg-cells-used-to-produce-offspring-8198208.html
http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-made-the-best-artificial-sperm-yet-and-they-re-breeding-mice-with-it
May 24, 2016 2:42 AM

May 2015
Tomato said:
zal said:

Yes but still the DNA won't cum from the robot, artificial/stranger/yours are the possibilities.

In the long run it would be harmful for humans as species because of the consequent DNA stagnancy in case of wide use of cloning.
May 24, 2016 2:56 AM

May 2016
Real of course.
I don't want fake objects in my house.
May 24, 2016 4:07 AM

Jul 2015
I just think robots are a little too far, especially if they have the characteristics and appearance of people.
May 24, 2016 4:38 AM

Jul 2015
-get AI robot wife
-it scans your internet history behind your back
-when you get back home, you find that it has grafted a dildo onto itself because you watched 3 futanari hentai videos last night.
-"I have acquired hardware enhancements to better suite your sexual preferences. Do you find this physical modification pleasing, husband?"
May 24, 2016 4:40 AM

Jan 2016
Akeno Himejima trap you be a reality, gosh i would be so fucked ^^
May 24, 2016 4:48 AM

Oct 2015
I'd rather become the robot and then stop caring about useless shits such as feelings

May 24, 2016 5:15 AM

Jan 2016
By the time these are invented, I'll be at least 80. And if I'm alone by then, I don't think a robot would even love me.
May 24, 2016 5:28 AM

Oct 2011
A real woman, expressing your romantic feelings to an AI robot is creepy.
May 24, 2016 6:35 AM

Jan 2015
Mayuka said:
No, as much as I like perfection, I want to be with someone that makes mistakes, is spontaneous and unpredictable.

I make a lot of mistakes, have once spontaneously combusted, and too incoherently retarded to logically predict. Send me 50000 dollars for a ring.
May 24, 2016 6:45 AM

Apr 2016
AI women robots will never happen femnists will lobby hard against itbecause it reduces the only thing that gives them any worth. Theyalreadyshame the use of male sex toys, except the prostate stimulators for this reason.
Female sexbot AI would be perfect. Iwould still need to pass onmy white genes though. Need a real progeny not a clone of myself.
May 24, 2016 6:58 AM

Mar 2008
Whoever I love. I would prefer a human but if they are fully sentient and realistic I don't think I could ruleout the AI

Vote Zoltan Istvan instead of Trump or Hillary so you can have your AI waifu.
May 24, 2016 6:58 AM

Feb 2014
I would go for a Robo Wife because a real wife is a waste of time , money and effort.
May 24, 2016 7:02 AM

Jan 2009
traed said:

Vote Zoltan Istvan instead of Trump or Hillary so you can have your AI waifu.

lol i agree, transhumanism for the win!
May 24, 2016 7:03 AM
Jul 2018
Why would I even prefer an AI female that makes no sense.
May 24, 2016 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
I prefer OP's donger to anything in the world.
May 24, 2016 7:30 AM

Aug 2015
IIRC , AIs are still lacking in some parts and abilities.
Unless they can overcome those, I'll just choose a real girl
May 24, 2016 7:49 AM

Feb 2014
Real woman for me. I personally don't believe robots will reach the level of human emotive complexity anytime within our lifetime.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
May 24, 2016 8:21 AM

Feb 2016
AI was made by human, so they are easily to be sabotaged by virus. so i prefer real woman
May 24, 2016 8:36 AM

Nov 2008
I'd be fine with a robot if they were more developed.

May 24, 2016 8:36 AM

May 2016
AI Robot at least it can actually love you beyond your dick.
May 24, 2016 8:52 AM

Mar 2008
Tomato said:
zal said:

They could produce sperm or eggs via dna extraction then exposure to hormones then from there can genetically modify it for variance from your dna then impregnate you
May 24, 2016 8:56 AM

Jun 2015
traed said:
Tomato said:

They could produce sperm or eggs via dna extraction then exposure to hormones then from there can genetically modify it for variance from your dna then impregnate you
But it's not Mr Robot's DNA :'(
I suppose you could always adopt a child robot : T
May 24, 2016 9:02 AM

Mar 2008
Tomato said:
traed said:

But it's not Mr Robot's DNA :'(
I suppose you could always adopt a child robot : T

Well even further in the future they could make DNA from scratch.
May 24, 2016 9:07 AM

Jul 2015
traed said:
Whoever I love. I would prefer a human but if they are fully sentient and realistic I don't think I could ruleout the AI

Careful here, Masked_Mantis is going to call you tri-curious and send you pictures of horny computers.
May 24, 2016 9:08 AM

Nov 2011
The one I can afford and require less maintenance. I prefer blonde for the hair and must have body like goddess.

May 24, 2016 9:15 AM

Jul 2014
It's depressing if the AI only loves you because it is only programmed to do so. So I'd take the real human any day.

But if it's Ritsu from Ansatsu, I might consider it
May 24, 2016 9:16 AM

Apr 2012
By the time robo wives become affordable, I'll be to old to be having kids anyway. So real women.
May 24, 2016 9:36 AM

Oct 2014
I would prefer a real wife, but if the relationship ends in a divorce I might try out a robot wife. Relationship strength is determined by the happiness of the people in the relationship so divorcing once means that you're probably divorce again. You can probably shape the robot's personality to shape you so it wouldn't be a problem.
May 24, 2016 10:13 AM

Mar 2013
To be honest, I don't see a problem with a robotic wife.
As long as it has every quality that a real person has and if she acts like a real person, what can go wrong? There is no downside?
May 24, 2016 10:38 AM

Apr 2014
I'd program it to boss me around while she watches tv and tells me every few minutes if I've done individual chores. A robot with the personality to femdom me lol.

Just to freak out the neighbours. Who hacked my machine?
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.

More topics from this board

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

45 by Crystepsi »»
2 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

19 by Crystepsi »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 1 hour ago

7 by Crystepsi »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 5 hours ago

23 by Adnash »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - 7 hours ago

12 by MalchikRepaid »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.