Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 23, 2016 1:50 PM

Mar 2016
Uhio said:
anyone who thinks make-up is used to deceive men has a retarded sense of entitlement
implying anything that has to do with physical appearance automatically serves as the feathers on a peacock is stupid

make-up is an art medium, remember that. you are literally painting something and the face is the portrait. it's obviously not a big deal to have your own preference of the natural look but to say that vibrant lipstick and neon eyeshadow is bad and unacceptable completely disregards what art is. and art is an illimitable form of self expression

I'll ignore the nonsense in your first paragraph and address the nonsense in the second paragraph.

"is bad and unacceptable completely disregards what art is. and art is an illimitable form of self expression"

Your point makes no sense whatsoever. I can find something bad and unacceptable while fully acknowledging that it's art. Art is also not an "illimitable" form of self expression. There's obvious limits, whether they're physical or intellectual.

Imagine someone getting a tattoo of a child getting molested. It's "ART" and it's "ILLIMITABLE" and it's a form of "SELF EXPRESSION", yet I can still criticize it, find it disgusting, awful, bad, terrible and unacceptable.
May 23, 2016 1:59 PM

May 2014
I only skimmed through so I didn't see every single comment and maybe somebody already touched on this but- it's saddening and concerning to see that most of the disapproval of makeup is aimed at women, when we're not the only ones to wear it. Aside from idols and celebrities there are thousands and thousands of men who wear makeup, for the same reasons most women do, for themselves. Makeup is a form of art and self expression and most importantly a way to build confidence and self acceptance. Being comfortable in your skin is most important.

I love makeup and whoever wants to wear it can go ahead- do it for yourself, or if you want to let your natural beauty shine through without any help from makeup then do you. My only tip is take care of your skin after a long day, exfoliate it and treat it to a mask once in a while lol (*˘︶˘*)
May 23, 2016 2:26 PM

Dec 2010
Volksdeutsche said:
Uhio said:
anyone who thinks make-up is used to deceive men has a retarded sense of entitlement
implying anything that has to do with physical appearance automatically serves as the feathers on a peacock is stupid

make-up is an art medium, remember that. you are literally painting something and the face is the portrait. it's obviously not a big deal to have your own preference of the natural look but to say that vibrant lipstick and neon eyeshadow is bad and unacceptable completely disregards what art is. and art is an illimitable form of self expression

I'll ignore the nonsense in your first paragraph and address the nonsense in the second paragraph.

"is bad and unacceptable completely disregards what art is. and art is an illimitable form of self expression"

Your point makes no sense whatsoever. I can find something bad and unacceptable while fully acknowledging that it's art. Art is also not an "illimitable" form of self expression. There's obvious limits, whether they're physical or intellectual.

Imagine someone getting a tattoo of a child getting molested. It's "ART" and it's "ILLIMITABLE" and it's a form of "SELF EXPRESSION", yet I can still criticize it, find it disgusting, awful, bad, terrible and unacceptable.

that wasn't my point
I meant, people who view vibrant makeup as unacceptable and shouldn't be done don't have a grasp on what art is, and therefore undermines the reason art exists. it doesn't exist to always be pleasing to the eye, it is at times shocking, grotesque, whatever, but regardless it is still art.
here's the cake, my main point was that just because a lipstick doesn't look particularly flattering on a person, doesn't mean they should stop wearing it

by illimitable I obvious don't mean a person shooting themselves in the head as an artistic protest towards gun control, I meant art should stray free of restriction to convey as true of an expression as possible

May 23, 2016 3:26 PM

Mar 2016
Uhio said:
Volksdeutsche said:

that wasn't my point
I meant, people who view vibrant makeup as unacceptable and shouldn't be done don't have a grasp on what art is, and therefore undermines the reason art exists. it doesn't exist to always be pleasing to the eye, it is at times shocking, grotesque, whatever, but regardless it is still art.
here's the cake, my main point was that just because a lipstick doesn't look particularly flattering on a person, doesn't mean they should stop wearing it

by illimitable I obvious don't mean a person shooting themselves in the head as an artistic protest towards gun control, I meant art should stray free of restriction to convey as true of an expression as possible

For some, it does.

A fascist, such as I, would ban certain "art forms" (which is really just terrible makeup application).
May 23, 2016 4:10 PM

May 2015
ofc makeup is fine! it's just something for women to make themselves look nicer; whats wrong with that?

agreeing with @Schema
smells like some strong feminist bullshit
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
May 23, 2016 5:09 PM

Jan 2015
Yes, I think women look so much better with makeup tbh.
May 23, 2016 5:10 PM

Jan 2014
As long as she doesn't look like a clown lol.

May 23, 2016 6:25 PM

Dec 2015
Sure. Anyone can do whatever they want with their face/body.
May 23, 2016 7:19 PM

Jun 2013
It's not like they're hurting anybody. If someone's wearing enough makeup to drastically alter their features, you'll know, regardless of your familiarity with it (unless ofc you've only seen them in pictures, then glhf)

May 23, 2016 8:37 PM

Oct 2015
I don't care if people wear it or not.
May 23, 2016 9:08 PM

Jul 2012
Yoshiie said:
I'm a guy and I think that the girl is just hiding her real self because of under confidence or whatever, I think if they want to go out with a guy and the like then they should show themselves as they really are.
it's the same thing as putting effort in what you wear. there's nothing "under confidence" about it. also, people need to use their looks to attract one another and then get to know someone better. at that point, people will show their true faces.

Uhio said:

+1
May 24, 2016 7:06 AM

May 2016
Nigami_Shin said:
depends on what kind of make up.

bad

good

no one wants a clown as girlfriend

Oh i like the second one. light make up
But actually if it comes to make up, i am prepared to fight to the end of the world to prevent anyone from putting some on my face bah ahaha
May 24, 2016 10:21 AM

Apr 2015
KiraDaichi said:
Nigami_Shin said:
depends on what kind of make up.

bad

good

no one wants a clown as girlfriend

But actually if it comes to make up, i am prepared to fight to the end of the world to prevent anyone from putting some on my face bah ahaha

The second picture is far from light makeup... In the second picture, the girl has tons of makeup, as well as more than likely photoshop. The difference between the first and second picture is that the second girl used more neutral colors.
May 24, 2016 10:29 AM

Mar 2014
I do wonder what the guys who said they prefer a bare face mean with that......
Also why would a girl use make-up just to trick a guy? lmao never heard of that before.

I do use make-up myself, usually naturally but from time to time a bit more. Naturally still includes foundation, consealer, powder and mascara though.
May 24, 2016 10:50 AM

Jun 2013
I love make up, but I don't like going overboard with it. I like to be more simplistic.
May 24, 2016 1:26 PM

Aug 2015
yup girl should wear makeup if they feel comfortable and confident with that nothing wrong....you westerner really have nothing to do ha asking silly questions first world problem i guess
May 24, 2016 3:45 PM

May 2016
Blahkabelison said:
KiraDaichi said:

The second picture is far from light makeup... In the second picture, the girl has tons of makeup, as well as more than likely photoshop. The difference between the first and second picture is that the second girl used more neutral colors.

Aah now you mention it =w=
I'm not really good at this lol
May 24, 2016 5:47 PM

Jan 2015
I don't wear it. It feels uncomfortable on my face. As for the question of approving it, I don't really approve or disapprove of it. They put so much nasty stuff in make up, I don't know why people would want to put that shit on their face.
May 24, 2016 5:48 PM

Dec 2014
Personally I don't believe in make-up. If people don't like my face they don't have to look at it.
May 24, 2016 6:29 PM

Jul 2015
from my personal experience i've seen women wear makeup more to impress other women than to impress men.
May 24, 2016 6:40 PM

Jan 2012
HA.

Benphyre said:
Yes makeup is scary and you should avoid girls with makeup at all cost

But on topic, I think a lot of girls do not need makeup and look beautiful/better without it, but I also do think it is cool when used in theater or for complete transformation. But I agree, prepare for a whole different person underneath! xD

May 24, 2016 7:22 PM

Dec 2012
I really like lipstick on women (I really like classic red and dark red). Lips that aren't a shade of red (pink is really hit or miss) kinda looks silly to me and I don't find it attractive 70% of the time (like green, blue, purple, orange, blank, etc). Other makeup is complimentary, but I don't feel any attraction to it.
May 24, 2016 8:23 PM

May 2016
I'm in a glam rock band, so obviously I'm pro-makeup. I think everybody should wear makeup if they want to, and if they don't want to, that's cool too.
Lipstick - A Glam Rock Band from Nashville, TN
http://www.lipstickgeneration.com
May 24, 2016 8:29 PM

Dec 2014
I am up against a lot of makeup... just some puffs here and there are fine
May 24, 2016 10:41 PM

May 2016
Make up is distracting TAT
I dont know why people really love make up like if you want to appear pretty you have to put at least a dozen of them =w=
May 25, 2016 1:06 AM

Jan 2016
only if they use acrylic paint........
May 25, 2016 1:25 AM
Nov 2014
Yea sure,but at least meet in person with no makeup in person,as for makeup I really don't mind if the user isn't going overboard
May 25, 2016 1:30 AM

May 2015
Uhio said:

It's also like saying having a beard is 'deceiving women' just because you can remove it.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» how dark is your personality? ( 1 2 )

GrimAtrament - Mar 27, 2018

75 by Amityblight »»
18 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 5 hours ago

13 by DesuMaiden »»
40 minutes ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

22 by DesuMaiden »»
42 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you like to be a sugar baby?

Ejrodiew - Apr 10

18 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - 3 hours ago

6 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.