Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2016 8:47 AM
Dec 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was pretty mediocre.
Dec 18, 2018 8:49 AM

Aug 2012
Oh man that was a train wreck. I seriously don't understand all these works connected to Aura Battler Dunbine and Byston well. They are a total mismash of ideas that don't connect up at all. Even as stand alone titles they make practically little sense because the whole thing is just action based. There is no story development, character development or motivations really, at least they aren't built up in such a way that I could bring myself to care for even a second about them.

Nothing about this was entertaining beyond the ED song lol. The animation was pretty good for the time but I think was made for HD but so far as I can tell never released in HD so it was messy looking also. This OVA was really bad and didn't need to exist at all.

And with that I'm finished with my Byston Well marathon. Not something I would push people towards doing. The original series is solid but not without issues, the New Tales of Byston Well OVA from a few years later looks really cool and for only 3 episodes was entertaining enough imo. Garzey's Wing is just forgettable though not as bad as many say so long as you don't watch the English Dub. Then finally Wings of Rean is the worst of the lot, just a complete waste of time from beginning to end.
BlaizeVDec 18, 2018 8:52 AM
Aug 14, 2019 1:32 AM

Dec 2015
Well, the last two OAVs were terribly badly organized.

3/5

What a mess. To see this amount of work spoiled by Tomino being the only one in control... Too bad because this has enough to make an interesting story.

Score: 5/10
Mar 9, 2022 8:13 AM

Apr 2019
How to expand on your story from 20 years ago. Bravo Tomino
Mar 18, 2023 11:42 AM

Sep 2020
Holy hell, wtfiggityf was that?! Was this another case of depression a la the last 2 eps of Evangelion? Was this all just a fever dream after I had a stroke?

This was the most nonsensical ending ever and I feel like breaking the dvds, peeing on them, and sealing them in a Dybbuk box so this evil can never hurt me again.

An absolute 1 for this episode and a 4/10 for the series.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rean no Tsubasa Episode 1 Discussion

Rei_III - Jun 27, 2019

2 by SlammyHammy »»
Mar 17, 2023 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.