Forum Settings
Forums

'Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin' Announces Fourth OVA and Battle of Loum Production

New
May 21, 2016 9:15 AM

Jul 2009
Producers of the Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin OVA series announced on Saturday that the fourth and final episode of the Char Aznable and Sayla Mass story arc will open in theaters in the fall of 2016.

A teaser visual (pictured) for the fourth installment, titled "Unmei no Zenya" ("Fateful Eve"), was revealed at the premiere screening of the third episode. It features Char and his red mobile suit and series character Lalah Sune.

A pair of trailers also introduced the fourth OVA episode and a new production which will adapt the story arc depicting the Battle of Loum. The battle is a major event during the One Year War between the Principality of Zeon and the Earth Federation which marked the first time mobile suits showed their true potential in combat.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin is produced by animation studio Sunrise and adapts the manga series by Yoshikazu Yasuhiko. The third OVA installment, "Akatsuki no Houki" ("Dawn of Rebellion"), is screening in 15 theaters through June 3.

Source: Comic Natalie
arsonalMay 21, 2016 9:19 AM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
May 21, 2016 9:28 AM

Apr 2014
choo choo all abord the milk train

no srsly is gundam ever going to stop
May 21, 2016 10:06 AM

Dec 2015
The fact they got enough money to secure a few more OAVs in order to adapt what will be left of the "past chapters" is a good news.
Let's wish them even more success for the next wave of OAVs in order to guarantee more OAVs adapting the 0079 retelling volumes. (I know it is wishful thinking)

@moodie Why should it stop when it has not even started for you yet?
May 21, 2016 10:15 AM

Nov 2011
I'm glad to see more Gundam anime. Going to watch the third part today for Origins. The key visual looks neat.
May 21, 2016 10:20 AM

May 2014
moodie said:

I mean, The Origin isn't a continuation, it's a remake of the original in movie format. Which I feel is almost necessary when the original is like 30 years old or something.
May 21, 2016 11:31 AM

Mar 2012
moodie said:

Never!

Bandai Company owned the the Franchise, this is why Gundam Franchise will never die for eternity.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
May 21, 2016 11:38 AM

Sep 2007
Origin is honestly amazing, I enjoyed every single bit of it.
May 21, 2016 12:01 PM

Jul 2010
I'm gonna watch the third episode later today and it's nice to see the final part is not that far away, been enjoying this one.
TyrelMay 21, 2016 12:25 PM
May 21, 2016 12:15 PM
Nov 2012
Good news indeed! It's great we'll be getting additional OVAs. Hell, at this rate maybe we'll get a full adaptation of the rest of the manga for the 40th anniversary. A guy can dream right?
May 21, 2016 12:25 PM

May 2013
I wasn't a fan of Gundam at first, i only watched 00 and it was long ago. Iron Blooded Orphans made me change my mind bc it was really good. So i tried all the last ones, Thunderbolt, Unicorn, and i wasn't disappointed at all on the contrary. They were quite something, especially Thunderbolt which had such amazing visual and intense plot. Now it's Origin's turn :D
May 21, 2016 12:26 PM

Sep 2011
Keep your baiting + Unrelated discussion off the topic please.
May 21, 2016 3:18 PM

Mar 2015
Ahoy_NATO said:
moodie said:

I mean, The Origin isn't a continuation, it's a remake of the original in movie format. Which I feel is almost necessary when the original is like 30 years old or something.
Origin isn't a remake of 0079.

As for the fourth OVA, I'll probably watch through Origin once the fourth one is out, so I won't have to wait for it.
May 21, 2016 4:31 PM
Dec 2014
More Gundam Hype is a huge welcome with new set of Origin films and season 2 of IBO the Hype train is far from done :)
May 21, 2016 7:18 PM

Jul 2012
moodie said:

4 ovas were announced at the beginning do some research if you try to bait someone
הלב שלי כבר מת
May 21, 2016 9:32 PM

Aug 2013
More Char Ova is always welcome Xp
May 21, 2016 10:37 PM

Jun 2013
So that MS-05 Zaku I first appear in Gundam MSV-R
Glad is finally get fully animated
Not counting is piloted by Captain Quattro Bajeena Char himself
Maybe i can hope the 4th movie also showing the long rumored C-Type Zaku with nuclear weapon
SSSS_ShunariaMay 21, 2016 10:44 PM
May 21, 2016 11:03 PM

Jun 2013
Ahoy_NATO said:
moodie said:

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin is not remake but prequel of Gundam 0079
Set several years before One Year War
We can see the prototype mobile suit unit zeonic corporation make which later turn become Zaku unit in Gundam 0079 or the reason why casval change his name to "Char Aznable"

The synopsis already say about that, Did you ever bother to read the synopsis before comment ???
Or did you ever watch any gundam in your life ???
May 22, 2016 2:07 AM

Jan 2009
im glad they gonna adapt the rest of the story, i thought it will end in just 4 episodes

so can MAL update the episode count on Gundam The Origin database entry?
May 22, 2016 2:20 AM

Mar 2008
Puspitasari said:
Ahoy_NATO said:

We can see the prototype mobile suit unit zeonic corporation make which later turn become Zaku unit in Gundam 0079 or the reason why casval change his name to "Char Aznable"

The synopsis already say about that, Did you ever bother to read the synopsis before comment ???

To be precise, the manga is an adaptation/remake. However, the anime is only adapting the all-new prequel parts. (at least so far as has been announced)
May 22, 2016 2:30 AM

Jan 2009
Ckan said:
However, the anime is only adapting the all-new prequel parts. (at least so far as has been announced)

is the 2017 arc called Battle of Loum just part of the prequel still?
May 22, 2016 3:07 AM

Dec 2015
@skitzo Yes. And it is not a prequel of Gundam 0079 as seen through the movies or TV versions. It is a prequel to the remade story of 0079 as it has been told in the manga "The Origin".
May 22, 2016 12:50 PM

May 2014
Puspitasari said:
Ahoy_NATO said:

I mistyped and where I wrote "the original" I meant "the origin", which is what the manga is called! My bad! And I meant it's necessary to tell the old story of "The Origin" because the original is 30 years old and I think that the old Gundam stories have been much better than the newer.
May 22, 2016 1:37 PM

Jan 2009
Rei366 said:
@skitzo Yes. And it is not a prequel of Gundam 0079 as seen through the movies or TV versions. It is a prequel to the remade story of 0079 as it has been told in the manga "The Origin".

ah ok, i really would like to read the manga but only 26 chapters of scanlations are out so far
May 22, 2016 1:59 PM

Dec 2015
@skitzo Kind of strange to state that, when the manga official publication in english based on the aizoban/deluxe japanese edition is done since last december. ^^"
Check Vertical editions website. (I had to buy from them because the french edition never reached the last volumes)
May 22, 2016 2:07 PM

Jan 2009
Rei366 said:
@skitzo Kind of strange to state that, when the manga official publication in english based on the aizoban/deluxe japanese edition is done since last december. ^^"
Check Vertical editions website. (I had to buy from them because the french edition never reached the last volumes)

damn, some pirate should share it to the internet then, i got no money so i will probably just wait for the scanlation or pirate of it
May 22, 2016 2:18 PM

Dec 2015
skitzo said:

damn, some pirate should share it to the internet then, i got no money so i will probably just wait for the scanlation or pirate of it

Scanlation implies translation: no place for it when it's done.
pirate copy ? Who would dare use a cutter on twelve 25$ beautiful hardcover books with their full painted pages? XD (I don't see that happening soon, those manga are precious *_*)

But yes, I understand it is very expensive
I didn't buy any other manga during the 6months I collected them). I hope you get to read the full manga, it is really a great story in its ultimate version.
May 22, 2016 2:23 PM

Jan 2009
Rei366 said:
skitzo said:

Scanlation implies translation: no place for it when it's done.
pirate copy ? Who would dare use a cutter on twelve 25$ beautiful hardcover books with their full painted pages? XD (I don't see that happening soon, those manga are precious *_*)

But yes, I understand it is very expensive
I didn't buy any other manga during the 6months I collected them). I hope you get to read the full manga, it is really a great story in its ultimate version.

im hopeful some pirate will eventually share it lol just like what happened with the viz manga of Dragonball that is shared for free on the internet now

and ye thanks i really like to read this
May 22, 2016 6:17 PM

Jul 2015
BenkeiSpirit said:
Nice, can't wait. Lalah looks good in the key visual picture. <3

inb4 Lalah was always a qt anyway
May 23, 2016 10:15 AM

Apr 2011
yess, was waiting for this to finish airing so I can binge watch this!

super excited!!!

More topics from this board

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
55 minutes ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
3 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
7 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
11 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
Today, 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.