Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 21, 2016 10:51 PM
Nov 2010
If Claudia hadn't burst into the announcer's booth and told them to let loose, I don't think Kirin Toudou's battle could've been beat. That battle was sick. Loved it so much <3 I definitely think out of all the character's fighting styles and vesta, watching her fight is my favorite. She reminds me of Kenshin- but without the side commentary on how she kicked his ass haha. xD
May 22, 2016 12:25 AM

Aug 2013
Finally the final fight between Ayato and Julis against the robots, this fight is making me really excited, well, the fight of Kirin and Saya also left me very excited, the last Kirin coup was amazing, and now I'm looking forward to seeing Ayato using Ser Veresta, I can not wait for next episode ..
May 22, 2016 12:51 AM

Jun 2014
Holy crap Saya MURDERED that dude!
The RD and RMC fight was a little underwhelming, but they are saving up for next week I guess!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
May 22, 2016 5:18 AM

Dec 2013
Fucker shadow dude hurting best girl Kirin. Good thing he got rekt. That Kirin sword style is beautiful. Also Ernesta got horny watching Ser Veresta.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
May 22, 2016 5:55 AM

Dec 2013
Saya and Kirin's fight was a bit less exciting than when I read it, and they didn't really do well to explain the shadow spikes. They did well to save Flora, I just hope that they'll leave in Yabuki's scene with the ninja in the aftermath of the rescue (though considering how they left out Claudia's scene back from Volume 1 I'm a little apprehensive...).

Also I probably shouldn't be nitpicking, but RM-C's armor off moment should have been done like the novel to have made it more exciting. Ayato had actually predicted their fusion moment and started running at her to stop her from starting it off when RM-C flew in the air and started blasting the arena. Ayato got to her just in time to slash her badge off, but the armour had just flown off at THAT moment before attaching to AR-D. They got the order wrong and made it all less exciting than it should have been.

That said, it was another all-battle episode, so I won't complain much.

Conclusion of the battle next episode, so three episodes for the Lieseltania arc. Hopefully that sets things up for Season 3 and the Gryps Fiesta (they do have enough material for one already).
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 22, 2016 6:00 AM

Feb 2014
Two great battles so far, although I prefer Kirin and Saya's fight against the Shadow dude. His skills are formidable, but Kirin's projection skills got to him with ease, then Saya launched a well timed blast, sending our shadow guy into the rubble, potentially killing him too.

If he is, then I never would've expected Saya to go that far, but in that moment, it was the best choice she made for the best outcome possible in rescuing Flora and saving Kirin from further damage. Hopefully she'll be okay.

Despite her lack of screentime, Claudia knows how to use it well. Her appearance in the commentary booth to inform Ayato & Julis about Flora being safe was cool. Because of that, Ayato can now use his Ser Veresta at last. Let's hope he and Julis wins next week. =)
May 22, 2016 6:20 AM

Jun 2013
that annoying maid is back oh god
May 22, 2016 6:52 AM

Jul 2012
hlubkoj2020 said:
Why is Ayato and them battle so boring -_-
Kirin and Saya's fight with the ninja is much better.

I think this final battle is not that bad comparing to previous, but agree that Kirin and Saya's are so much better. Rarely getting into soundtrack music so don't talk about it much, but this one is so primitive which is certainly not adding any point to the show.
May 22, 2016 7:20 AM

Aug 2015
The fight has been somewhat interesting. Thought the one with the shadow ninja has been better and they were able to save Flora. Good episode.
May 22, 2016 9:58 AM

May 2015
seriously, after this episode i'm confused to choose the best girl between kirin and claudia
May 22, 2016 11:34 AM

Sep 2015
Kirin FTW
No Sylvia? Missed her already
Really hope Claudia having some fights
May 22, 2016 4:36 PM

Nov 2015
Is it just or me or did other people wish they had kept flora gagged to avoid more ear bleeding from her voice?
May 22, 2016 4:38 PM

Jan 2013
This episode! Damn! Both fights were great.
19Pyro90 said:
This stance = GG in pretty much every anime ever lol

Exactly! When someone does this face, you know you are fu**** xD
That was a great fight, Kirin & Saya = best team.
That ending!! Can't wait for next week. That moment when they started laughing, AR-D knew...he fu*** up xD
Claudia's part ahaha
I'm loving this 2nd season, the OP & ED are amazing.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 22, 2016 6:02 PM

Feb 2015
I honestly don't care if that episode did everything in its power to time-waste; the music was great and I still love the show. Of course I'm biased on every episode because I love it so much, but that's what happens when you make an enjoyable show. The first season sold it for me and almost nothing can convince me that any single episode will ruin the series. Whether it's CG or hand-drawn, I love The Asterisk War.

Another great episode. 5/5

Also, this image is the epitome of, "Aw shit; we're fucked."

RailtracksMay 22, 2016 6:07 PM
May 23, 2016 12:00 PM
Mar 2016
Ayato can now use the Ser Veresta.
May 24, 2016 1:38 AM

Aug 2012
Kirin has some insane skill with swords!!! Hope she's alright.
May 24, 2016 3:18 AM

Jul 2015
i effin love you claudia enfield. she needs more SCREEN TIME MY WAIFU DESERVES MORE. it's interesting now that they've introduced the first death of the series- i assume that shadow guy is dead. Maybe they'll start killing off characters now? Kirin absolutely reals'd that kid though.
May 24, 2016 11:24 AM

Dec 2012
That fight ! The chemistry between Ayato and Julis during the fight was great.
Now, the real fight begins !
May 24, 2016 2:19 PM

Feb 2015
i bet next episode will be a good one especially on the fight scene xD
i didn't expect Ayato to slice that god damn hammer into half. i thought he was going to reflect it again but DAMN! that moment suprised me well xD can't wait to see more of it and i'm glad they didn't finish the fight in one episode. i feel bad for Kirin tho but she was awsome too with that trick she just did xD

pretty much, Ayato will win the battle, cause that's how this story works isn't it ? xD
and i'm curious what will happen afterwards.

looking foward for the next episode.
May 24, 2016 4:44 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
It would suck if ninja dude died. He was really cool.
May 25, 2016 8:25 AM

Aug 2014
I dislike those stupid robots, especially the girl. Hopefully Ayato rapes fusion man next time and humiliates the team.

Shadow ninja was very good, too bad he got double-teamed. Seems like a waste to kill him off like that, tbh.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
May 25, 2016 11:46 AM

Mar 2014
I was bored throughout the entire episode. Too much talking, visuals were weak, direction during the first part of the Kirin/Ninja battle was very confusing, no sense of location whatsoever, just a couple of seperate shots
May 25, 2016 9:02 PM

Jan 2014
It's always Kirin that gives me hope for this show
May 25, 2016 9:02 PM

Dec 2009
I have to say, Kirin is totally best girl. Her battle with that shadow assassin was fucking badass. I loved the genjutsu like moment she had where she showed him his own death. Really hope she doesn't die, that wound doesn't look good :/
May 28, 2016 1:40 PM

Sep 2013
Nice action all around, good strategy at the start by Ayato and Julis but the robot armor was just too strong.
Kirin show a new move but couldn't finish the ninja, good thing Saya is there.

Ser-veresta made it in time and is already op :O

May 29, 2016 1:06 AM

Jul 2008
renaiyuusha said:
seriously, after this episode i'm confused to choose the best girl between kirin and claudia

TEAM SLYVIE!!!

And anyway, Ser Veresta is back....Mr. Robot is now spare parts.
Jun 6, 2016 8:50 AM

Nov 2015
Kirin's skills was awesome, great action scenes 5/5

Jun 12, 2016 3:01 PM

Dec 2012
Kirin went badass on us lol.
Jun 22, 2016 11:09 PM

Oct 2008
Flora is now saved and now "Hanggeki" begins! (counterattack)
Just how powerful is that Ser Veresta!? is that sword weapon already as close an anti-matter dimensional black-hole sword!?
4/5.

Jun 25, 2016 3:33 PM

Feb 2013
Decent episode for a change. Good action all the way through.
Jul 2, 2016 2:48 AM

Mar 2015
The mecha talks too damn muuch
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 19, 2016 3:40 PM

Nov 2013
Kirin and Saya were awesome. Kirin looks rather unremarkable, but it's better to not make her your enemy.

Also, the kidnapper was too careless, don't lose sight of your other enemy, especially when she attacks from long range.

Ayato can use Ser-Veresta again, it's about time, since recycling is long overdue. I never thought, that a robot would piss me off so much.

Ernesta was willing to cheat to win. I disliked her from the start, but I didn't think she would stoop so low.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 19, 2016 3:52 PM

Nov 2013
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
I have to say, Kirin is totally best girl. Her battle with that shadow assassin was fucking badass. I loved the genjutsu like moment she had where she showed him his own death. Really hope she doesn't die, that wound doesn't look good :/

I totally agree. At first it seemed, that she is more or less the standard shy girl, but, damn, she really has guts.

And I don't think, that anyone in this show will die. I wouldn't mind Dirk dying, though. I absolutely despise him.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 4, 2017 1:34 AM

Dec 2012
CLAUDIA!!!!!! Claudia watching her future husbando so fiercely.
Where is my 2D AR-D?
Miiko oppai.
RM-C making it rain.
Dat tuningu. Synchro shokan!
NO! Do not save Flora.
Do not remove the cloth from her mouth!
Thank you, Savior-kun for stopping Kirin from unsealing the darkness.
NO! The seal of darkness has been broken!
Savior-kun, what are you doing? Don't hurt Kirin. Just take Flora.
Savior-kun was defeated. Now no one can stop the darkness from spreading.
Dat awesome 2D attack.
Claudia is going somewhere.
Claudia took the mic from Miiko. Claudia looking so fine. Is she going to confess her love for Ayato and tell him to win?
Darn. She didn't.
Dat oppai.
He destroyed the hammer.

No Claudia in the preview, but that's okay. Her appearance in this episode made up for her not being in the last episode and preview along with this preview. Claudia proving once again why she is best girl.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 12, 2018 3:40 PM

Apr 2013
Kirin is definitely MVP of this season, she gets so much done. Saya looks like a joke next to her and so does the fight Ayato and tsundere-bitch are pulling off.
Feb 9, 2022 6:34 PM

May 2008
Quite a fun episode, I hope Kirin is ok!
If Saya could have lit off two or three flares that would have erased any shadows
I hope that cut that puppet's head off
Aug 5, 2022 9:36 PM

Nov 2010
Nice battles this ep. I really liked Kirin's ultimate move. It gave me Rurouni Kenshin vibes. Man, I can't wait to watch the new Rurouni Kenshin anime soon.

Whenever I see Ernesta, I just wanna jump on her and lick her every inch of her, especially her armpits!
Jul 24, 2023 10:33 PM

Oct 2022
AR-D is such a great character to watch, he's having so much fun lol. Brutal of him to trap them like that when his Wolnir Hammer has so much destructive power.
UndefeatedBahamut
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

151 by AttackONSUS »»
Jan 26, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

79 by vadoyager7 »»
Aug 15, 2023 6:28 AM

» How did you feel about this series as a whole?

sorames - Jun 9, 2023

31 by ejleon »»
Jun 12, 2023 4:21 AM

» Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Season 3 ( 1 2 )

GoldenGamerHD - Dec 3, 2017

50 by VidipSarkar123 »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

81 by MxS7HGS »»
Aug 8, 2022 11:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.