Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2016 10:12 PM
Feb 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The way this ended. I'm just so pissed off right now. I want to read more.
May 25, 2017 7:42 PM
May 2017
Isn't it poetic that Zero dies before meeting Ren, in the same way Kaname 'died' before meeting Ai. Of course Kaname returns to meet Ai as an adult(?) vampire (who Zero helped raise) as well as Ren. Not sure whether 1000 year olds would be considered 'children' even in the Vampire Knight universe, despite their child-like appearances (Ren looks like 12, Ai looks like 16??).

**In response to a lot of the comments I've seen in other threads, including the very comment above mine here)**

*table flip* WTF with that ending
This is a bittersweet love story, and therefore quite imperfect. Yuuki loves 2 men, who she demonstrates loyalty and love toward in different ways. Kaname was her brother/ancestor/betrothed, it was hard to distinguish her feelings of admiration (arc 1), obligation (as a sister) and gratitude (saving her for literally her whole life) a part from one another. On the other hand, Zero was her childhood friend who she develops a deep relationship with, but as equals.

"Yuuki is a slut for sleeping with both Kaname and Zero"
I liked someones comment that you can compare it to real life, where a woman can love one man, have his child, then (through no fault of her own), move on to another love and have another child. She does her best to mourn Kaname, then live to the fullest with Zero, before trading her life for Kaname's human one (although I can't help but thinking that Ai is able to awaken Kaname the same way Kaname awoke Yuuki). She definitely never forgot Kaname. But her thirst was also only quenched by Zero. There are ticks in both columns. As for her response that Zero gave her much happiness in their 1000 years together instead of 'I loved him', it's much like this love triangle, complicated.

"OMG incest is bad, shame of them"
Yes incest is bad, in real life. This is a fiction about vampires, even then, he was technically her ancestor (10,000 years removed) who was raised as her brother/betrothed. Her real brother died as a baby.

"Zero was the best character"
I think I saw one comment that described Zero as simply a broody, emo guy after vampire blood, and I agree. I didn't particularly like Kaname more than Zero or vice versa. They were both equal parts likable and unlikable. I kept reading through the nonsense chapters because I wanted to see where the relationships ended up.

Sayori x Aidou
I found it sad but beautiful that they had a human character (Sayori, Yuuki's best friend) choose to retain her humanity and die a regular death. You see Aidou, the vampire father of her children go on living, even expressing a desire to have died alongside her (not yet possible as his research was still incomplete). With Yuuki and Zero becoming long lived vampires, it was a nice contrast to all the violent death (that is really the only way vampires, particularly pure bloods go out).

At any rate, I feel a lot of catharsis having reached the end. How it ended will no doubt haunt me for a few days/weeks, but I like a good story that sticks with me like that.
PassTheCheeseMay 25, 2017 8:17 PM
Nov 15, 2022 9:16 PM
Sep 2021
I loved Aido and Yori's relationship he didn't force anything on her and the are one of the actual stable couples. Moving on to Yuki, like bruh she mostly hurt Zero to be honest, like when she used her abilities to take his memories, she was doing everything he hated, she never really loved him the right way. Now she loved Kaname since childhood (also pregnancy that lasts 2-5yrs wth?) and lets be honest she chose him, Zero was second plate, she had planned to live with Kaname then turn him human so he wouldn't throw his heart into the furnace, she was selfish and only cared about her goals, not the fact that humans needed tools to keep corrupt vampires at bay, she didn't care about any of that she'd throw any wrench on had at Kaname's selfless plans for her own peace of mind. She chose Kaname despite having an attachment to Zero but she promised to only be with Kaname hence why I said she really did choose him, however Kaname gains the upper hand and carries out his plan while telling Yuki to be with Zero. Reading the extra ch, Yuki and Zero didn't even date until after Yori dies of old age but she would feed off him while pregnant to satisfy herself which is total garbage and selfish. Then years later they formally became a couple. He deserved so much better but after he dies she choose to follow after him ( in a way she chooses not to be without Zero for too long and also finishes her story with both men), she feels she owes Kaname the opportunity to have an end just like they all have and out of love and debt she gives him a part of herself so he can live as a human. Until he dies she can finally die as well so she lives her actual end along his side at least that last part of her. Sadly Kaname won't remember her because of his sealed memories, he only got a few months living with the woman he loved, he at least met his daughter and stepdaughter, I love how both guys were accepting of each others kids with the woman they loved. But sadly Kaname never gets that happiness, I'm sure he finds his own version of what that means but it isn't one with Yuki just a remnant of her which is bittersweet.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.