Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 2016 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another awesome and crazy episode, loved it. Hakumen makes its move and breaks from the barrier to attack the mainlands. Poor exorcists, it's like they are fighting against the impossible.

Thought the background story is interesting during their timeline. It's as tragic as I anticipated..Hakumen is one malicious bastard even during his time when he made Shagaksha (Tora) suffer. What an episode, even the background storytelling made me feel tense.
Stark700May 20, 2016 7:56 AM
May 20, 2016 8:18 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Damn that flashback was so intense

Seeing Tora's past and his struggles struggles despair was hard for me to swallow and I felt nothing but pity and sorrow for him and the two people that he cared about

I would have never guessed that was how Hakumen was born either so that was a big surprise to me.....No wonder Tora hates him so much

Looks like the spear isn't completely gone either so I'm looking forward to seeing how Ushio fixes it
May 20, 2016 8:18 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
well this anime is really coming together quite nicely towards the end
May 20, 2016 8:31 AM

May 2010
Uff..that flashback!

I realized it was Tora when he held Raama in his hands and said "no..thats not right" and his voice sounded exactly like tora's.

man what a twist.
May 20, 2016 8:41 AM

Jan 2015
That flashback, that voice... At first I though it was Hakumen's, but after hearing that voice I can sure in whose body Ushio's got into.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 20, 2016 9:45 AM

Nov 2015
Woah that flashback! Really intense stuff this week.
Hakumen destroying that barrier, with the priests feeling hopeless.
Tora was such a nice human but had a tragic life only due to Hakumen, no wonder he hates it.
Looking forward to the spear being restored?! Hope they find a way.
May 20, 2016 9:47 AM

Jan 2015
That flashback was great. The voice gave away that the guy was Tora right from the beginning, at least for me. Didn't expect Hakumen to be born like that though.
May 20, 2016 9:47 AM
Dec 2014
I Only fucking wish they didn't spoil the episode with that title, like seriously MAPPA what the fuck ?
May 20, 2016 9:49 AM

Feb 2014
This is one intense episode. The truth is out.
May 20, 2016 10:03 AM

Feb 2015
Man, I was holding back tears as when I was reading the manga, this anime is coming together nicely.
Still wish we had more room to fill in some of those holes that are being left but still any anime only viewer should be enjoying this NEAR masterpiece..

Also the MUSIC FUCKING ROCKS MANS.

9/5 for me.
May 20, 2016 10:22 AM

Sep 2013
Tora and hakumen backstory was nice :)

Less Ushio the better.
May 20, 2016 10:39 AM

Jul 2015
Holy fuck man. That was incredible.
May 20, 2016 10:49 AM

Jun 2014
lord23 said:
I Only fucking wish they didn't spoil the episode with that title, like seriously MAPPA what the fuck ?

To be honest though, even if the title didn't spoil who Shagakusha was, his voice would have been an obvious clue.

Anyway, Tora's past was so sad, his whole childhood was rough and right when he find a couple of people who cared about him, Hakumen shows up and takes it all away. Also did anyone else notice how the shoulder that was bothering Shagakusha was the same shoulder that the Beast Spear was lodged into when Tora and Ushio first met.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 20, 2016 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
Tora's backstory was so awesome and intense!
May 20, 2016 11:09 AM

Aug 2010
That was an amazing episode as all Hakumen eps have been. Sagakusha's story was really emotional. I'm a sucker for these types of eps and Hakumen mono just keeps impressing. I just love this thing. One of the best villains ever hands down. Every F***N FACE IT MAKES IS SCREENSHOT WORTHY F***
With that sinister voice and smug is just 10/10

I wonder if Tora remembers even a bit about that past or he forgot it all?
May 20, 2016 11:23 AM

Aug 2010
Anyone know the name of the OST at 11:13? It's been playing in almost every ep and I absolutely love it
May 20, 2016 11:46 AM
Aug 2013
This show, is so FUCKING awesome, I'm glad I endured first season's first half because this is a masterpiece, what a freaking awesome show. :'D

Barion-Zara said:
Anyone know the name of the OST at 11:13? It's been playing in almost every ep and I absolutely love it

It's still not out, I even been wanting that since Episode 20 first season (Beast Spear making)
May 20, 2016 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
this episode was SO GOOD, damn I loved it to death. I was waiting for Tora's backstory since season 1 and finally we got it and now we know where Hakumen came from and honestly i wasn't expecting that at all. I'm really satisfied and well, now i really can't wait for next episode.
May 20, 2016 11:51 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Dat flashback. That was almost like a condensed version of Berserk's Golden Arcx.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 20, 2016 12:02 PM

Nov 2011
Damn the Feels, now we know why Tora really hates Humans and Hakumen...so the real question is when Hakumen dies...will Tora die to?

Idk If I'm ready for those feels.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 20, 2016 12:07 PM

Aug 2011
What a flashback. Now most if not all mystery is solve. Now, let's repair that spare which by the way is kinda in a way is the biggest mystery of them all, and go face that monster.

Next episode is 9 and its 13 episodes this series so let's build up hope in the next episode then reduce fear in the next and work our way to victory.
May 20, 2016 12:44 PM
Aug 2013
hayka said:
What a flashback. Now most if not all mystery is solve. Now, let's repair that spare which by the way is kinda in a way is the biggest mystery of them all, and go face that monster.

Next episode is 9 and its 13 episodes this series so let's build up hope in the next episode then reduce fear in the next and work our way to victory.

What is mysterious about the spear? Everything about it was revealed. O_o
May 20, 2016 12:55 PM

Dec 2007
The second part of this episode was so intense....i didnt even blink.....i need another episode like RIGHT NOW :D

Maybe the mistery what hayka is reffering to is about the spear still protecting Ushio.....and being still alive....even thought its tool of hatred......and it seems that Ushio has snapped out of it.....maybe Jiemei has something to do with it...i noticed that while the spear was shattered or when Ushio was blow away she was the one who was less fazed by it...so maybe she knew that everything is ok. Like he brother that is part of the spear now she is part of it too maybe some kind of the good part....
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
May 20, 2016 1:13 PM
Apr 2014
Intense episode so Tora was an indian, a bit confused about the timeline though, they say that Tora is 5000 years old but that his flashback doesn't look that old and also in regards to the china time travel Ushio had in season 1.
May 20, 2016 1:15 PM

Dec 2014
So..... did Mappa run out of money or something? Well whatever lol
Best episode of this season, Gives more depth to Tora's character but is Hakumen going to be a 1-dimensional just like all of the villains of the show so far? Because that'd be DISAPPOINTING AF.
Thinking.....
May 20, 2016 1:29 PM

Feb 2014
Drake1000 said:
Intense episode so Tora was an indian, a bit confused about the timeline though, they say that Tora is 5000 years old but that his flashback doesn't look that old and also in regards to the china time travel Ushio had in season 1.

It was never said that Tora was that old. You're probably mixing this up with the fact that he was sealed for 500 years.
May 20, 2016 1:40 PM
Apr 2014
HitsuWTG said:
Drake1000 said:

It was never said that Tora was that old. You're probably mixing this up with the fact that he was sealed for 500 years.

Yeah my bad I checked the wikia and it says he's almost 3000 years old, I still feel like they made some sort of mistake regarding the timeline not sure which one exactly.
May 20, 2016 1:47 PM

Dec 2013
So as a human or demon, Tora has a soft spot for weak and kind girls.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
May 20, 2016 1:57 PM

Apr 2014
The next episode is probably gonna look amazing, since this episode had almost no real animation.
May 20, 2016 2:35 PM

Aug 2011
Salathiel said:
The second part of this episode was so intense....i didnt even blink.....i need another episode like RIGHT NOW :D

Maybe the mistery what hayka is reffering to is about the spear still protecting Ushio.....and being still alive....even thought its tool of hatred......and it seems that Ushio has snapped out of it.....maybe Jiemei has something to do with it...i noticed that while the spear was shattered or when Ushio was blow away she was the one who was less fazed by it...so maybe she knew that everything is ok. Like he brother that is part of the spear now she is part of it too maybe some kind of the good part....

We seeing that the spare is being repair in the last of the episode. Unless they explain how it's repairing and if it's by itself, why and how Ushiro got to see that flashback. Was the spare the reason Tora lost his memories? Till those are fully explain, that Beast Spare is still pretty mysterious.
May 20, 2016 3:19 PM

Dec 2007
I think that Tora lost his memories the moment he became Azafuse.....as those after him...only instincts to fight Hakumen remains.

But i understand that we dont know why did Ushio get to see Toras memories the only reason that i can think of that after Beast Spear changed Shagaksha to Tora it devored its memories so now that Ushio holds it he can see it and all other previous owners too. But then the thing is that it seemed as Shagaksha could feel that Ushio was watching so it transcends time. In the end its one of those mysteries that could remain unrevelead just to add the spicing to backstory so fans could think about it themselves :P

We seeing that the spare is being repair in the last of the episode. Unless they explain how it's repairing and if it's by itself, why and how Ushiro got to see that flashback. Was the spare the reason Tora lost his memories? Till those are fully explain, that Beast Spare is still pretty mysterious.[/quote]
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
May 20, 2016 3:55 PM

Jul 2013
Woah, so the Hakumen born from Tora (who is revealed to be an Indian or something)? I didn't see that coming.

The flashback was intense and sad. Poor Shagaksha, being hated by everyone when he was a child and losing all the precious thing for him during his adulthood. I knew he was Tora when I heard his adult voice, though.

The next episode's title makes me think we will have some counterattack of the heroes side.

lord23 said:
Still wasn't as bad as the title of the previous episode.
May 20, 2016 4:38 PM
Dec 2015
lord23 said:

It's not MAPPA's fault. It's from the manga.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English is not my first language. Sorry for the bad grammar or wordings.
May 20, 2016 4:53 PM

Jun 2013
this was just too sad and epic and Tora is Hakumen's father wow what a fucking twist
May 20, 2016 5:05 PM
Dec 2015
Drake1000 said:
HitsuWTG said:

Yeah my bad I checked the wikia and it says he's almost 3000 years old, I still feel like they made some sort of mistake regarding the timeline not sure which one exactly.

I think wikia counted even his human years.

Around 3000 years ago Shagaksha gave birth to Hakumen.

Then he searched Hakumen for a few hundreds years.

The Beast Spear was created 2200 years ago. (ep19 and 20 of season 1)

Then Shagaksha found the Beast Spear and became an Azafuze.

As a youkai, Tora lived for around 2000 years (In ep12 of season 1, the female kamaitachi mentioned this.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English is not my first language. Sorry for the bad grammar or wordings.
May 20, 2016 5:12 PM
Apr 2014
ahleung said:
Drake1000 said:

I think wikia counted even his human years.

Around 3000 years ago Shagaksha gave birth to Hakumen.

Then he searched Hakumen for a few hundreds years.

The Beast Spear was created 2200 years ago. (ep19 and 20 of season 1)

Then Shagaksha found the Beast Spear and became an Azafuze.

As a youkai, Tora lived for around 2000 years (In ep12 of season 1, the female kamaitachi mentioned this.)

Exactly what I wanted to see, thanks for clarifying.
May 20, 2016 9:27 PM
Oct 2007
Wowowow. How can something back from the 90s' be this good? Prop to the studio and the production crews for the execution too. Really enjoyed this and the last few weeks episode. /thumbsup
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2016 9:40 PM
Dec 2015
Every episode seems so goddamned short. This was an awesome episode. Hakumen continues to be glorious. Next episode's title is apparently "Hope" so I guess it's finally time for the counterattack maybe.
May 21, 2016 12:09 AM

Mar 2009
Tora is Hakumen's mommy and daddy? what the fuck did i just watch.
May 21, 2016 12:16 AM
Mar 2015
Raama's voice actor is Nozomu sasaki.
He played the Ushio in 90's ova series of Ushio to Tora.
May 21, 2016 1:21 AM
Aug 2014
I feel bad for those who drop this show because of the episodic nature in season 1.
May 21, 2016 5:35 AM

Sep 2011
You could tell it was tora really quickly even before their voices matched, but the twist about hakumen being born from him i did not expect, i also feel really horrible for tora as well now,
luccide said:
Wowowow. How can something back from the 90s' be this good?
thats really insulting to alot of work from the 90's, there are plenty of anime from the 90's that rank up there as being some of the best in the medium

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 21, 2016 6:48 AM

Jan 2011
And they continue to adapt the final chapters perfectly. One of the bits I was most looking forward to and it didn't disappoint, it managed to capture the same feelings as when I first read it.
May 21, 2016 1:36 PM
Nov 2013
I knew Tora had something to do with Hakumem, but I did NOT expect that. This has gotten so fucking intense
May 21, 2016 2:23 PM

Apr 2010
WAIT...WHAT THE FUCK...ISN'T THE WHOLE BASE OF Japan going to fall now? Since Hakumen is out...............THEN WHATS THE POINT OF THE BARRIER, THEY COULD'VE KILLED HIM WHILE HE WAS WEAK!! Is this a plot hole I spot?
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
May 21, 2016 10:50 PM

Oct 2011
This just leaves me a lot of questions about Tora's relationship with the Beast Spear.
May 22, 2016 6:17 AM

Jul 2008
I think the most tragic thing here is that everyone came to trust in Shagakusa, and believe that he never hated them but instead protected them. It's also an interesting reversion of the usual trope where a Shounen Main Character is bullied his entire life but always protects his bullies rather than hate them, has hard time earning their trust, and in the end defeats the big bad and saves everyone. But Shagakusa never ceases to hate his former bullies, gets accepted without ever noticing it, and in the end not only fails to save his people but is also directly responsible for their deaths as well as for deaths of those few he liked.
May 22, 2016 10:52 AM

Dec 2012
Good backstory of Tora, I didn't expect Hakumen to be born in Tora. Tora was already the best character, but now I'm excited to see the fight against his rival
May 22, 2016 1:41 PM

Aug 2013
Now we know why Tora is different than the other asafuze. He has a totally non-Beast-Spear related reason to hate Hakumen, and he was already an incredibly powerful 800 year old immortal before he took up the spear.

Nayrael said:
I think the most tragic thing here is that everyone came to trust in Shagakusa, and believe that he never hated them but instead protected them. It's also an interesting reversion of the usual trope where a Shounen Main Character is bullied his entire life but always protects his bullies rather than hate them, has hard time earning their trust, and in the end defeats the big bad and saves everyone. But Shagakusa never ceases to hate his former bullies, gets accepted without ever noticing it, and in the end not only fails to save his people but is also directly responsible for their deaths as well as for deaths of those few he liked.

Kind of a reverse Naruto I guess, lol.
May 22, 2016 9:01 PM

Oct 2012
Yeah I was pretty sure that the guy was Tora just from the voice, but when he said "I hate all of you" I was like yep that's Tora all right

But man the hype for next week's ep is killing meeeeee
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

101 by Maou_heika »»
Apr 13, 6:46 AM

» How much did they skip?

BestBoiEren - Apr 3, 2016

14 by LynnVy »»
Feb 16, 6:15 PM

» Season 2 questions

VinnyDark70 - Jun 7, 2021

6 by ksm4367 »»
Aug 20, 2023 1:45 AM

» List of Ushio to Tora anime (2015) skipped manga chapters?

MetalTxus - Aug 13, 2017

6 by Tsurugi10 »»
Mar 28, 2023 11:00 PM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 2022 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.