Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 20, 2016 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, bus driver is back...I always have a weird feeling whenever he appears in this show.

Masaki still seems to be the main source of mystery at the moment of this episode.
Lion's intuition along with the other girls about monsters being present also leads to some weird theories. Hyouketsu no Judgness has gone insane..? As if he wasn't delusional enough already
May 20, 2016 10:16 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, didn't expect him to be alive...

Also, I can't tell if Masaki is lying or not. Whether or not she is lying, most characters are annoying...
May 20, 2016 10:47 AM

Dec 2012
[raw]

I think it is safe to say, that Masaki had visited the Nanaki village before, accompanying her cousin, Reiji (or Eiji). Her cousin began seeing monsters as some of our familiar characters and while Masaki fell in her steps and lost consciousness, her cousin disappeared.
So, her motivation for being there with the group seems to be finding a clue about her missing cousin.

Two of the missing persons - Chuunibyou and Yotssun - make a different entry. The story with Yotssun is the same loop of events from Masaki's perspective. Chuuni reappeared in his person.

I am no sure what MaiMai exactly said, but I think she confirmed with Lion and Nanko that she didn't see a monster Mitsumune in the tunnel - she covered (probably) for Nyanta's "hornet".
Hence, some of the people in the tour don't see monsters, because they have no internal wounds, others see their customized setbacks in different monstrosity shapes.

More or less everyone had conformed to the group 's dynamic at one point or another, because "reasons".

The driver kidnaps the main trio in the bus, but his target is Masaki, from whom he seeks assisstance in seeing/talking to his dead daughter again.

Another plan is set in motion to follow the bus and the driver, Valkana and Koharun have a common goal (not sure what they intend to do, except they decided to get ahead of the master group).

That being said, Masaki isn't off the hook, still distrusted by the others and with a bizarre unawareness of the plausibility of her own story.

Actually, lots of things happened in this episode, although the promised focus again was "lost" in diversions :D
May 20, 2016 11:07 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
How is the bus driver still even alive lol
May 20, 2016 11:52 AM

Aug 2010
Masaki's too cute. Really felt bad for her with everyone barraging her with questions. Her sad faces are adorable tho

Maimai wanting someone to stand up for her and protect her was cute too

Koharun's also <3

Those 3 are my best girls and pretty much all I care about. Nanko is nice too

Judginess at the end was lol and Hayato getting pissed at Mitsumune's care for Masaki is hilarious. Yandere overload incoming
May 20, 2016 2:18 PM

Jul 2015
Mai Mai is too cute. I'll protect her...
May 20, 2016 7:03 PM

Jul 2014
Who shit in glasses's cereal. Fuck why's everyone blaming masaki?
How fucking ignorant are these people.. I mean Masaki a ghost? Really? Lovepon acted like she was 100% sure wtf
May 20, 2016 7:11 PM

Jan 2012
Oh wow, that one dude was still alive. Well we're branching off into different groups again, and next week looks like it'll be the bus ride of fears. I like the little group Lion formed with denim jacket girl. Still, I'm surprised now 2/3rds in nothing more concretely horrific or gory has really happened. We still have most of our cast, but most of them still feel entirely dispensable...so why haven't they been yet? When are we gonna start building to a climax, next week's haunted bus ride?
May 20, 2016 7:29 PM

Mar 2014
The one time riding with a stranger could have saved a life or two . . .

Because . . .YOU WERE NOT BLOODY LISTENING TO ANYTHING THIS GIRL WAS TELLING YOU! SHE CANT GO BACK! SHE TRIED!

.. .I can't even.

WHAT KIND OF RETARDED LOGIC IS THIS?! Your brother goes missing and you want to stay there?! Screw going back / staying there, go call the police to find your bro or just stay out in general

-Face desk- I think that silicon implant is crushing your brain.

Deus Ex Grand Theft Auto

Koharun is actually acting sensible and Nanko deducts the obvious: Get over your fear to get out of the village. This premise/idea makes this whole ordeal seem really cheap, like Kiznaiver's theme . . .

HYOUKETSU NO JUDGENESS! THE CHUNNI WITH THE ASS SHAPED STUBBLE!
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
May 20, 2016 7:46 PM
Nov 2014
imagine riding a rollar coaster that is missing a wheel.

Now imagine Mayoiga

compare and contrast
May 20, 2016 7:48 PM

Jul 2009
icurry said:
Who shit in glasses's cereal. Fuck why's everyone blaming masaki?
How fucking ignorant are these people.. I mean Masaki a ghost? Really? Lovepon acted like she was 100% sure wtf

Exactly this. I can't stand them. They need to die. They're batshit crazy.

Why the hell is Judgness back. Where's JACK?

Hayato continues to be creepy. He's so messed.
May 20, 2016 8:05 PM

Jan 2016

I just wanted to see my cousin again...
That's why I:
- Abandoned him immediately
- Didn't contact his family or mine
- Didn't call the police
- Started a new life in a different town, even working there
- Never looked for him
- Screwed around on the internet posting on MAL until I saw craigslist listing for spooky villages
- Hid this information along with the knowledge about hallucinations from the people that could have helped me, you guys
- Became a missing person in a newspaper, but not Reiji because I made him up
FragOutFireMay 20, 2016 10:39 PM
May 20, 2016 8:06 PM
Feb 2013
Was Nanko playing with her belly fat ?
May 20, 2016 8:07 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
goddammnit this motherfucker is back.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 20, 2016 8:11 PM

Jun 2014
All right the stupidity of most of these characters is really getting on my nerves. I understand their paranoia since they have no idea what's happening (like most of us viewers, probably) but all this finger pointing at Masaki and her being a ghost is getting ridiculous. I seriously thought at least half of these people would be dead by now, seeing as how we're now 8 episodes in, but Yottsun, if I'm not mistaken, is the only one dead so far. Hopefully Lovepon, at the very least, gets killed at some point. Lol looks Hyoketsu no Judgeness is back.
thebrentinator24May 20, 2016 8:14 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 20, 2016 8:13 PM

Jan 2016
DatRandomDude said:

Left to his own devices, chuunibyou guy masters [Archer] and his reality marble

i spent that whole flashback thinking Reiji was Jack
FragOutFireMay 20, 2016 9:36 PM
May 20, 2016 8:18 PM

Feb 2014
FragOutFire said:
DatRandomDude said:

Left to his own devices, chuunibyou dude makes his own fucking bow and arrow like the most badass of survivalist experts. what is this, you're not supposed to be competent!

Kinda, but Jack was the shortest there besides Lion, too tall to be him...

I want to know wtf Nanko kept touching....
May 20, 2016 8:19 PM

Oct 2012
Ugh hivemind influences are scary, I think Masaki's withholding something but I feel that it's fairly obvious that she holds no malice and isn't deserving of the stupid and cruel treatment that these people have given her.

Wow Ass-whatcha-call-it no Judgeness is still alive, that's cool. Seriously though, where's my man Jack at? xD

Speedstar's heading down the yandere route and I'm hoping they explain why soon
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
May 20, 2016 8:20 PM

Jan 2016
It's her detective quirk.
Sherlock Holmes smokes a pipe.
Nanko play with her gut.

what if there have always been two koharuns?
FragOutFireMay 20, 2016 8:28 PM
May 20, 2016 8:37 PM

Jun 2015
I cant wait for next week. Each week leaves off on a painful cliffhanger that makes me want to watch the next episode so bad. These weekly waits are painful. I can see why they would still suspect Masaki after her story because it was very vague so im not sure what to think. I dont think she was lying but i dont think she was telling the whole truth. Cant believe the chuuni came back. I wonder if he found something important. I wouldnt be surprised if yotsun came back. I dont think anyone will die in this series.
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
May 20, 2016 8:38 PM
May 2016
Did any one notice the car and the camera in Misaki's flashback? They seem pretty old style but Mitsumune used a touchscreen phone in the first episode. Also there is no exact date on the newspaper which report Misaki's missing. Maybe she is a time traveler!

Another excerpt from newspaper clipping collections says several unidentified persons showed up. So I guess they were in the same situation with Misaki when she went back from this village to real world last time.
May 20, 2016 8:40 PM

Dec 2014
This fucking show man. This fucking show.

I'm liking it more than I should probably be. (To be fair; I think the show's a Poe (as in Poe's Law). Considering the over-the-top nature of pretty much anything in this show, I can't take it as anything other than a parody. To be fair, I don't think any of the staff has/will confirm if this show was to be taken seriously or not, but I'm guessing the latter; At least I hope)
May 20, 2016 8:44 PM

Jan 2014
SPEEDSTAR/HAYATO'S BACKSTORY IS NEXT EPISODE. FUCK YEAH.
May 20, 2016 8:44 PM

Jul 2012
tbh guys, i have zero idea whats happening but i can't stop watching.
May 20, 2016 8:47 PM
Mar 2016
Shirokan said:
Was Nanko playing with her belly fat ?
it's in her character description, when she's using her deduction or investigating, she pinches her stomach.
May 20, 2016 8:51 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Understand said:
tbh guys, i have zero idea whats happening but i can't stop watching.
I feel the same way lol
May 20, 2016 8:51 PM

Nov 2015
(I excuse my bad english before hand)

imo, I'm glad that the series recovered from the mess that was episode 7 (seriously, that thing was waaaay too fast paced)

At least this episode had some order... but most of the characters are acting completely irrational (is not like you can think clearly under that situation...)

Stuff we know so far

- Is not the first time that Masaki visits Nanakimura
- Everyone is freacking crazy
- The driver really lost it
- Its funny how the character I hated the most in the first 2 episodes (Valkana) is now my favourite character, also Valkana + Koharun > Mitsumune + Masaki
- Hyouketsu no Judgness is back
- Where is the other Jack?
- EVERYONE IS FREACKING CRAZY!!!!
- Also... what was doing Nanko with her gut?... I guess has something to do with her back story

More suspicious characters imo:

- Dahara: There is something about him... I feel like he knows something we don't know

I'm calling it, either he dies, or he is the villian or something

- Nanko: I always get suspicious about characters that don't give a clue about being the bad guy...

If she ends up knowing something/being the baddie at the end of the season, you all owe me a pancake

FragOutFire said:

For some reason, I thought it was Mikage lol
ZukradMay 20, 2016 9:18 PM
May 20, 2016 9:19 PM
Sep 2014
i just feel that almost every character in this anime is just dumb as hell..
every actions and conclusions they've taken were really really weird.
I have to say not even the main chara is likeable, annoying at best.

even masaki, that girl really messed up, how the hell they gonna believe you with that kind of explanation?? its like she diggin her own grave.
well, i know she still got something she's hiding, obviously but really? are you that stupid to make yourself even more suspicious?
May 20, 2016 9:31 PM

Dec 2015
lmao how can they actually sleep like they weren't about to execute a girl based off pure speculation. whose the real monsters out here.
May 20, 2016 9:33 PM

Nov 2011
The only thing I enjoyed was that Nanko, Lion and Maimai chat. Three of my favorite characters. Other then that...wtf is even happening anymore?

Oh and "Judgeness" is back...Hooray.

Let us also Acknowledge that it took ONE BUS DRIVER to get that bus out of the Ditch...out of the mud...and into that Village...

FragOutFire said:

Also THIS!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 20, 2016 9:35 PM

Dec 2014
the bus driver entry though...
I kinda am starting to see the reall speedstar here....Why is he such a narcissist thinking only mitsumune needs him.. Dude get away from him he is not your bitch who needs saving now and then and only you can save himmm...../// Dream ON!!!!!
May 20, 2016 9:36 PM

Dec 2015
almost forgot about Masaki.. I know you were under some serious pressure but damn your story had more plot holes than Charlotte
May 20, 2016 9:36 PM

Oct 2011
Hyouketsu no Judgement is alive OMG
May 20, 2016 9:37 PM

Jan 2016
May 20, 2016 9:41 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I...uhhh....can't really explain why I quite enjoy this show even thought there are so many weirdness and stupidities, this show actually has its own unexplainable charm

I've never felt like this before

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 20, 2016 9:45 PM

Dec 2014
Why is everyone so quick to get all aggressive on Masaki?
They don't really have any concrete proof on her, Guess people always need someone to blame to ease their minds.
These people are almost on the same parochial level as the people from Koutetsujou.
Felt sad for Masaki being bombarded by the group like this.

I thought the driver died, Started laughing when the bus appeared xD

Zukrad said:

- Its funny how the character I hated the most in the first 2 episodes (Valkana) is now my favourite character, also Valkana + Koharun > Mitsumune + Masaki

Same here, I didn't think I'd like Valkana in the beginning, Turns out he's one of the most decent characters there.

Judgeness is back, I thought he was dead too.
May 20, 2016 9:53 PM

Dec 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
They don't really have any concrete proof on her, Guess people always need someone to blame to ease their minds.
These people are almost on the same parochial level as the people from Koutetsujou.

Well it feels like Masaki is still hiding something ,so I myself don't trust her much. I'm just getting that feeling. It is kind of sketchy you know.

Also man Lovepon is just crazy as hell with her execute.
May 20, 2016 9:57 PM

Mar 2009
tfw you will never touch Nanko's love handle. Why even continue to live? ;_;
MormegilMay 20, 2016 10:03 PM
May 20, 2016 10:06 PM

Jan 2015
Now I more believe that this "Lost Village" is more like a governmental secret experimental facility than just a plain village that probably get some kind of "curse" for breaking some kind of tradition, right after Masaki spit out about knowing the tour online from neighboring city.
Oh well.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 20, 2016 10:06 PM

Dec 2014
Shion657 said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Well it feels like Masaki is still hiding something ,so I myself don't trust her much. I'm just getting that feeling. It is kind of sketchy you know.

Masaki's actions do seem suspicious and I understand the characters are acting out of their paranoia, But aren't they being a little too hard on her?
They just blindly accuse her whenever they get the chance. Some of them even decide to disregard her entire story just because the explanation that she's a ghost seems more 'logical'?
May 20, 2016 10:10 PM

Jan 2014
FragOutFire said:
It's her detective quirk.
Sherlock Holmes smokes a pipe.
Nanko play with her gut.

Wait. Hold up. What the heck. There were two Koharuns??

I want to say that, that is probably only an art error. If it's not, then we are on to something here.

So the characters FINALLY addressed what I have been saying for ages now. They see different things based on their "demons." It seems like Masaki doesn't have any?

And as for Nanko, I feel like her scar is possibly a lost baby? The way she was just "playing" with her fat was way too focused to just be nothing. Either she has a grave disease or she lost a baby.

The preview looks like there was a creepy hand that both Speedstar and Mitsumune saw. Scary stuff.

Pirate Jack is back and apparently not dad. Seems like he's traumatized though. BUT if you think about it, Pirate Jack suffered a fate similar to Masaki. He fell off a cliff just like her.

Always excited for a new ep of this!
May 20, 2016 10:17 PM

Dec 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
Shion657 said:

Masaki's actions do seem suspicious and I understand the characters are acting out of their paranoia, But aren't they being a little too hard on her?
They just blindly accuse her whenever they get the chance. Some of them even decide to disregard her entire story just because the explanation that she's a ghost seems more 'logical'?

It would help if she gave her answers with confidence and didn't seem unsure. She is still hiding something, maybe she would have said it if the busdriver didn't take her away or not. Yeah the group can be a bit harsh, Lovepon is one of those very annoying characters that adds to the fuel, but I guess people get like that when their lives are at stake.

I just want to know the whole truth already it's gonna be painful waiting another week.
May 20, 2016 10:27 PM

Nov 2012
oh so they bring judgeness back but not jack? booooooo
May 20, 2016 10:29 PM

Dec 2014
Shion657 said:
Lelouch0202 said:

It would help if she gave her answers with confidence and didn't seem unsure. She is still hiding something, maybe she would have said it if the busdriver didn't take her away or not. Yeah the group can be a bit harsh, Lovepon is one of those very annoying characters that adds to the fuel, but I guess people get like that when their lives are at stake.

I just want to know the whole truth already it's gonna be painful waiting another week.

That's true, A confident answer would have helped. Well if Masaki is hiding anything at all, Hopefully it gets revealed.
Tbh I don't really mind lovepon, She's just the tip of the iceberg XD
Guess we'll just have to wait and see what all this will amount too.
May 20, 2016 10:30 PM

Jan 2016
Oh... So the goal of this anime is to make its viewers batshit crazy too, huh?

I'm in too deep and I can't seem to get out of this show (no matter how bad it gets xD, which means that it isn't really that bad, no? I'm going nuts)

If this whole thing ends up being a sci-fi, government-experiment, "you are all test subjects" kind of crap, I'm gonna lose it.
May 20, 2016 10:41 PM
Jul 2018
SimplyKairi said:
almost forgot about Masaki.. I know you were under some serious pressure but damn your story had more plot holes than Charlotte

dam really? i was just about to start watching charlotte...i had heard the people who made Angel Beats made it so i was excited. But, i think i believe masaki though, or more like i believe in her. Her reason for not going back home didn't sound like the entire truth, but if she's lying I'm pretty sure its for a good reason.
removed-userMay 20, 2016 11:27 PM
May 20, 2016 10:49 PM

Jan 2014
lol the role playing guy is back. Been a while eh
May 20, 2016 10:51 PM

Dec 2013
Masaki is still suspicious as heck. Whats with her blurting out about "another village"? She knows a lot more than she's letting on still, and Mitsumune is preventing everyone else from getting the truth out of her.

The pace of this show is ridiculous, I get the feeling that by the end of the entire show, nothing will actually be resolved and none of the mysteries will be brought to light either. It's episode 8 and they're still currently grappling with exactly "what" the mystery of the village is, they haven't even identified that yet, so how are they going to move on to the next stage, the "source" of the mystery? Heck, they still haven't explained why they have those news articles of Masaki in the first place. Too many mysteries and not enough time in this show to solve them all.

It wouldn't surprise me if the show ended with no one else except Masaki and the less traumatized people on the tour finding their way back to civilization, and that they won't even show how or why it happens, just that it does because "reasons".

Here's hoping Reji appears to the group soon. I would love to see Mitsumune's reaction to watching Masaki interact with her cousin, the boy she literally sacrificed everything for.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 20, 2016 11:02 PM

Mar 2016
Even though they're really overdoing it by blaming masaki and tying her up and threatening her, I agree with Mikage that her story is too vague.
May 20, 2016 11:05 PM

Sep 2013
1/5 for the Show
5/5 for the Comedy

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.