Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 26, 2016 8:56 AM

Jun 2013
Aww poor Yukina in this episode :/
May 29, 2016 10:42 AM

Feb 2013
Yukina is going all emo-Shinji on us.
NubbyMcNubNub said:
So it finally gets to this part
This isn't the only Eva similarity I'm seeing at this point... (and that image is hilarious!)

Weird time to have a fanservice pool scene. Sophie or Shenmei, I can't choose.
I have a feeling the dead boys aren't dead... we will see.
May 30, 2016 2:21 AM

Dec 2015
Really good counterbalance to the previous full action episode.
I only disliked how the reason not to pilot rapidly shifted from "I won't help kill humans" to cowardice and "I won't let you realize your goal and end your life".

4/5

The "I refuse to pilot and run away" pressured mecha pilot teen is a standard in most post-Gundam productions. You can't blame this one for using it because it is way more believable than Kôji (Gô Nagai series) always ready to kick asses. And this hero didn't have to really worry about himself or his integrity because ennemies were evil non-humans and his machine was pretty much invulnerable (except maybe a unique weak point somewhere).
May 30, 2016 7:43 AM

Nov 2015
Decent episode, the fan service was ok

Jul 1, 2016 1:20 PM

Jan 2012
Dumb, disgusting and shameful.
Jul 8, 2016 8:50 PM

Oct 2014
Gotta love the popsicle stick sword fight. Good character stuff this episode!
Sep 8, 2016 5:35 PM
Mar 2015
Wow people are mean to Yukina. And this anime does a good job of showing who is on her side (Answer: nobody, really). When that asshole Gaus pilot told Yukina she should get eaten and die, her mom was right there and could have spoken up, saying something like, "This is an ordinary high school girl and not a career soldier, dumbass!" Instead she let her daughter run out of the room crying. Kennosuke is the only exception, but I would only give him partial credit since he's not seriously trying to understand where she's coming from.
Oct 7, 2016 3:47 AM
Nov 2009
I love how people think she's somehow HAS to pilot, she isn't even if she's the only one who can pilot this robot, well tough luck for humanity if she doesn't want, maybe they should've treated her better.
Jan 9, 2017 4:47 AM

Mar 2015
Hnnnngh sensei in that black swimsuit
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 27, 2017 10:32 PM

Jun 2008
Those Aliens need a better home designer and a better fashion designer. Also those chairs do not look comfortable and are tacky as hell.

I am not gonna criticize Yukina for not wanting to have the weight of saving the world on her shoulders or kill people but the whole "my friends made fun of me because i said something in school" is quite the over-dramatized bullshit.

Btw if those two are really dead then i'll give this show some credit. Not because i think we need deaths but because it just isn't logical for the to survive such a thing.
Apr 3, 2017 12:45 AM
Jun 2013
im going out for ciggerates honey....I mean to find some aliens. also everyone else but jpn sucks at defense. fanservice teacher and girls turned on by scars.Yukina kinda being a bitch there saying those things about her pops. We also meet our bosses which all seem to have human like bodies as well. Wonder if any look non human.
Jul 24, 2017 8:11 AM
Aug 2014
Is Yukina really 18? She was acting like a 12 year during her talk with her mother.
Apr 9, 2018 1:16 AM

Dec 2012
Dat flashback.
lol at Tom prefacing what he was going to say.
Yukina won't be getting in the artifact anymore? WTF! She will get in the robot!
They're missing.
Mika.
Yukina doesn't want to get in the robot. Can Mika take her place?
Marina.
Tom and his anal jokes.
LAWd JESUS! SUGOI! Marina in that swimsuit! Dat oppai!
Dat Mika body! Dat oppai.
lol at Kennosuke in a loincloth.
Oh shit! Kennosuke attracting the bitches plus Mika. Dat oppai.
Kennosuke, you should feel honored that Mika touched you.
Marina oppai! Dat bounce!
Winner.
Kennosuke using a tablet. lol
Galoo. lol
lol at Yukina saying if kaasan came to tell her to get back in the robot.
Dat slap! I knew it was coming.
LMAO at Yukina being remembered because she didn't make breakfast.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 25, 2018 7:32 AM

Jul 2016
Gave it a 2 because of the aliens.

Worst episode of the season other than that,
Nov 10, 2018 10:47 AM
Jan 2013
Watching this one a few years late, but that pimp slap applied to Yukina was epic.

Her flashback made her realize that as a kid she told her old man to get lost because she was being made fun of and sure enough, he disappeared soon after.

She has no ambition to do anything and blames everyone else for how she turned out. She just wants to do nothing. She wants to fade into the scenery due to the teasing she took because of her old man's theories.

For Yukina to have the audacity to say to her Mom that she wished her Dad wasn't her Dad and calling him a jerk - she deserved getting slapped.

She is full of venom and lashes out at everyone around her that she feels has wronged her in some way. Any she has the nerve to complain that her Mom and Dad only thought about themselves. She has done a pretty good job of doing that herself.

"Why can't you act like a mother?" What did she want her to do? Say, yeah my husband, who I miss dearly, was such an asshole. You are so smart my waste of space daughter! <groan>

Oh well, I hope this is an epiphany for her with a healthy dose of self-inspection and she figures out what she wants to do and how she can move forward.

Nov 19, 2018 9:29 PM

Jul 2013
Oh those ofi forg people look like judges from FFXII. Also, I was right about kuromukuro being stolen. Anyway, not a big fan of this drama, I know it's necessary for character development but I just don't feel it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2016

106 by gswelcome »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:54 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

66 by lisalosthername »»
Apr 24, 2023 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

46 by L01MK »»
Feb 3, 2023 3:50 PM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

141 by Ronninn »»
Aug 29, 2022 1:32 AM

» 5 Years Anniversary Event

bastek66 - May 11, 2021

1 by Cabron »»
Mar 26, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.