Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 19, 2016 5:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, more flashbacks on Yukina. Not my favorite character in the show but she's fairly important so. By now, I think she probably realizes the dangers of what she's gotten herself into with Ouma.

Sophie's still cold as ever as expected.
Lol, this episode also had fan service...I think some of the girls likes Ouma's physique. His relationship with Yukina still feels a bit strange to me. Her relationship with family is turning a bit sour D:

May 19, 2016 5:36 AM
Dec 2011
These girls liking Ken is pretty normal, especially when you compare him to harem show's beta MC.
May 19, 2016 6:17 AM

Apr 2010
Now i feel like ordering some gyoza as well.
In any case it seems that the death flag from last week was correct tho they might surface at one point, it's very doubtful they survived that explosion.
And it seems Yukina has trouble excepting the reality.
May 19, 2016 7:08 AM

May 2015
Another great episode. Those flashbacks were short, but it definitely made me feel for Yukina. And a little bit of fanservice. God, I'd always take in P.A. Works fanservice <3.

I honestly don't blame Yukina for being the way she is now. She was just a normal high school girl before things turned out the way they are now. It's pretty terrifying to put into a situation like that. And it seems like those boys haven't returned yet. Maybe they died in the blast after all? Although, I somehow have this feeling they will return.... That ending though.... ):

D-Joe said:
These girls liking Ken is pretty normal, especially when you compare him to harem show's beta MC.

Now that you mention that, I agree. He isn't that type of character you see every day. I wouldn't even mind if they're hitting on him, lmao.

May 19, 2016 7:46 AM

Sep 2015
Everything is actually not that simple when the "aliens" are able to communicate with the humans on earth. As we see now, all countries except japan are unable to defeat the invasion forces, which will later add more problems. Like what? the aliens can "cooperate" with humans to attack Japan, if Japan refuse to return the mukuro to the aliens. We don't even really know what the aliens actually looking for on earth.
May 19, 2016 9:15 AM

Jan 2015
Lol the pool scene, it was really funny. Nice man service and fan service.

The episode had a dark atmosphere, and I really liked it. Very good episode.
Inb4 Yukina's dad is one of the "knights-aliens".

Dat cliffhanger ;-; YUKINAAAAA
XenocrisiMay 19, 2016 9:18 AM
May 19, 2016 10:25 AM

Dec 2012
I'm pretty sure, she is Ken's Princess
May 20, 2016 1:00 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Rorek said:
What makes you say that?
May 20, 2016 1:23 AM
Jul 2013
I can tell that those two missing will become enemy pilots

G-E-N-E-R-I-C
May 20, 2016 1:54 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I laughed when Kennosuke was getting advice from the teacher and they weren't on the same wavelength. It is respectable of Kennosuke for wanting to protect Yukina and not forcing her to pilot the mech with him (although you can say it's because it's a samurai's duty). Yukina is a good kid herself, part of the reason that she wouldn't want to go back to piloting is because after Kennosuke avenges the princess, he will kill himself.

I quite liked the way the drama was handled in this episode, especially the silence in the scene between Yukina and her mother. All you could hear was the sounds they made while making the gyoza and the water dripping in the sink. It led up nicely to the climax of the episode, the slap. The bgm from that point onward was great as well.

Aside from the drama, I love PA Work's style of SoL; the scene at the market, the argument between Yukina and Kennosuke ending with the popsicle stick fight, and the interaction between Kennosuke and Koharu when they got home.

Lastly, the enemies are looking very...metal. Lol. They seem kind of maybe on the courteous side too, telling Japan to give back "Glongur," before attacking. But where did Yukina go? It's surprising that she would leave on her own without making breakfast for everyone, especially the little sister she dotes on.

Kuromukuro is really rising up to my top favorites this season.
May 20, 2016 2:56 AM

Nov 2015
Slap, maybe what Yukina needed?! She is really avoiding the fact that she has to step up to the task even if she didn't want to.
Ouma too needs to think straight, with Yukina now a part of her supposedly revenge.
The aliens now targeting the artifact will be interesting even though we are seeing their battles every week lol.
May 20, 2016 3:34 AM

Aug 2013
Little swimsuit fanservice was nice.. too bad Yukina and Sophie didn't have one.
I have a bad feeling all the missing and kidnapped people will back-stab them in the end. I hope not though.
So.. trying to act like a rebel now huh Yukina.
May 20, 2016 3:35 AM

Jan 2015
So there's also a "Demon" in Area 51 too, huh? I wonder. LOL
Oh no, Yukina's girly morale beginning to strike, since it's the first time she saw a suicide. I wonder if this'll make battle much harder later.
And for that "conflict" in Yukina's mind earlier, we're having a pool episode. Hopefully for ease her and some people's mind too of course. LOL
Damn that emergency summon. If only Yukina and her mother have more longer mother-daughter than that one.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 20, 2016 6:35 AM

Apr 2014
oooh melodrama... its downhill from here hahaha, tbh I couldn't care less about what happens next, I still find enjoyment from it though, if only a little. Fanservice is always nice.
May 20, 2016 6:37 AM
Aug 2014
PA works and fan service!! this is new to me
D-Joe said:
be the ones who comes after him are the skanks beta males attract arch-types and cock blockers.
May 20, 2016 7:48 AM

May 2014
Can we just appreciate that drama scene? That part gave me goosebumps. Felt sorry for Yukina's mom tho
Damn these kind of shows should be binge watched I cant wait for the next ep
May 20, 2016 8:12 AM
Feb 2016
Those drama parts at home and school are so impressive.
She's a true friend.
May 20, 2016 9:02 AM

Dec 2012
Tokoya said:
Rorek said:
What makes you say that?

I have a hunch:)

hithummah said:
PA works and fan service!! this is new to me

not new for PA Works
RorekMay 20, 2016 9:06 AM
May 20, 2016 9:07 AM

Aug 2013
Die already blonde bitch.

Btw Yukina's mother actually acted like a mother should lol.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 20, 2016 9:35 AM
Mar 2013
So it finally gets to this part
May 20, 2016 10:41 AM

Dec 2013
Called it. After last episode's shenanigans, you knew Yukina would flake. Can't blame her either, she literally had a giant alien sword nearly deface her, not to mention she watched an alien-guy blow himself up and two of her classmates are missing because of her fight. Her relationship with her mother was only cordial at best, and now after that blow up, she's run off.

Now its time for someone, anyone, to help sort her out.

And was it just me, or did anyone else get the Aldonah vibe with the floating alien fortress?
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 20, 2016 11:11 AM

Feb 2014
To be honest, I was expecting more comments complaining about Yukina and how she should 'grow up' and get back into piloting the relic, but I'm glad there isn't any sort of those messages here at all so far. =)

For Yukina, that close call from the fight last week gave her a big shock, now understanding how dangerous her role is, so she doesn't to be a part of it anymore. Considering how she had a bad childhood due to her father's reputation and not being too close to her mother, I can't fault her for feeling frustrated and angry.

But sometimes fate puts you in a position that you can't simply run away and pretend that it's all a dream. I'm sure Ouma or someone or something will give her the push she needs to pilot the relic with Ouma again.

The swimsuit scene was nicely done. Ouma became a big hypocrite though, saying that the ladies were wearing too little, while he was wearing a loincloth, which covers even less that the ladies' bikinis. XD

Who knows what happened to the two students who recorded the fight. Maybe they died, or maybe they were captured? It's too early to make a definite call on this, so I hope they'll be some sort of a hint on the missing lads in future episodes about what happened to them.
May 20, 2016 11:23 AM

Dec 2014
Well yukina depicts the normal teenage girl... Still she has some daaddy and mommy issues....
So far Ouma is the favorite character of the show for me
May 20, 2016 1:03 PM

Feb 2015
some solid drama this episode, you kinda forget that the MC's are still teenagers. I'm sure seeing someone blow themselves up affected Yukina and rights so.

Hope to see this break the 7.00 rating soon.
May 20, 2016 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
BernieSorbet said:
Fanservice is always nice.

I find it nicely done in this anime. It comes so natural that it doesn't bother me at all.

BaptizED said:
Damn these kind of shows should be binge watched I cant wait for the next ep

Certainly, isn't it. When episode finishes and I'm like "What? That's it? Give me more~"
May 20, 2016 2:10 PM

Mar 2015
This show has been surprisingly good. I am quite enjoying it.
The sword that takes life gives life
May 20, 2016 2:55 PM

Mar 2008
Leave it to gg to insert a meme into the subs. "Get in the robot" indeed.
May 20, 2016 5:00 PM

Mar 2009
Oh, man. Sensei is looking good.
May 20, 2016 5:06 PM
Jul 2015
Just hope that camera dude didn't survive (complete bullshit if he survive), but the scooter boy on the other hand...

Great episode as always, Yukina is cute, Ken is savage and the blond loli is pretty random as always.
May 20, 2016 5:10 PM

Jun 2015
That was one of the strongest episodes of the season, let alone the show. PA Works knows how to do dialogue and body language really friggin' well.
May 20, 2016 5:31 PM
Mar 2014
Get in the fucking robot, She-nji.
May 20, 2016 6:07 PM

Jan 2009
lol Yukina runaway from home for her not to ride that robot artifact anymore
May 20, 2016 6:42 PM

Nov 2014
Swear to god, Yukina is seriously wearing me down.

Honestly, I totally believe her character a lot more than most teen heroines who seem to immediately get that "I must save everyone" mode or the ones who are against it at first but are quickly turned into "I must save everyone" mode after a single episode...

That said, having to watch her flop her way through every important relationship she has, cursing away her father, then our samurai by saying that incredibly hurtful thing about his princess, and then her mother by condemning her father in front of her despite really knowing nothing about him herself. It's kind of painful to watch.

I do hope she gets her act together soon.
sirflimflamMay 20, 2016 6:45 PM
May 20, 2016 6:54 PM

Jan 2009
collectivism over individualism?

May 20, 2016 7:32 PM
Jan 2013
i'm gratefull those punks are dead!

Her mother is just so incompetent and annoying! instead of pampering, she goes provoke her daughter? A teenager whose life was just slandering around and goof around all day in search of identitiy and meaning of life, suddenly dragged to a world scale war, clearly she's confused. of course she's mad, she's in bad mood, suddenly her mother, the only person she tought she could lend a shoulder happened to does not gave a fuck...
I understand what the MC girl's felt, it's just the people around her was pressuring her without giving her a time and consideration for her normal japanese girl mentality.
May 20, 2016 9:08 PM

Jun 2015
sirflimflam said:

Honestly, I totally believe her character a lot more than most teen heroines who seem to immediately get that "I must save everyone" mode or the ones who are against it at first but are quickly turned into "I must save everyone" mode after a single episode...

That said, having to watch her flop her way through every important relationship she has, cursing away her father, then our samurai by saying that incredibly hurtful thing about his princess, and then her mother by condemning her father in front of her despite really knowing nothing about him herself. It's kind of painful to watch.

Are you really judging someone whose father literally walked out in front of her when she was like 4 years old and that got her bullied for the entirety of her school career for prophesying about humanoid aliens? Someone whose then single mother ignored her for the rest of her current life so she could parent herself and her younger sister until she was 16? You're really going to say she's the one who fucked up here? Not the mom who just completely ignored everything about her daughter and instead defended that father and physically harmed her in the process? Really now?

This is all of course after she has been forced to do battle against an unknown opponent with no training at all and no experience in combat? And as the WSO to someone who got his first WSO killed? And while her friends are dying? And while she's killing humans when she was told by everyone she was wrong for thinking the aliens were humans? Christ man, if that is your attitude about it, please don't have children >.<

It's amazing Yukina hasn't had a fullscale meltdown yet at this point, Shinji style.
RealityRushMay 20, 2016 9:11 PM
May 20, 2016 11:21 PM

Aug 2013
Its Urchin Dilemma all again.
May 20, 2016 11:56 PM
Feb 2015
" I'm prepared to protect her from any suffering"
" I only want her to ride behind me"

Hmmm I predict KenxYukina ship has sailed :D Ken you better go find yo woman your the only one who can save her from her past.
May 21, 2016 12:39 AM

May 2009
BernieSorbet said:
oooh melodrama...

Stop with these retarded buzzwords
May 21, 2016 7:51 AM
Mar 2012
So Yukina's just one of many fish in the sea, and a tool. She blames & complains about everyone being selfish etc. I get she had a tough childhood & messed up parents, but hope she gets some determination or will, otherwise she's staying a "tool".
Lol that "advisor".
Best friend Mika feeling Kennosuke. He deserves a harem by the pool.
Kennosuke & Sophie agreeing for once: everyone dies.
I miss gyoza. Quite liked that scene, full of tension in silence, then their relationship just explodes.
Armored knights of round. Minecraft chair. So the retrieved cone stone, probably similar to mc's cube thing. "harbingers of peace"? Their discussion sounds like they're only collecting what they lost (eg area 51 probably hid the cone, and mc's cube), instead of invasion, so guess they're not simple villains.
Hope the stylish purple scooter returns, but no need for the passengers.
May 21, 2016 8:22 AM

Mar 2016
OMG... Yukina was acting like a little kid ._. soo annoying (I just don't like her...)
The scene by the pool was funny, blushing Kennosuke is cute :D
May 21, 2016 10:04 AM

Nov 2014
RealityRush said:
sirflimflam said:

Are you really judging someone whose father literally walked out in front of her when she was like 4 years old and that got her bullied for the entirety of her school career for prophesying about humanoid aliens? Someone whose then single mother ignored her for the rest of her current life so she could parent herself and her younger sister until she was 16? You're really going to say she's the one who fucked up here? Not the mom who just completely ignored everything about her daughter and instead defended that father and physically harmed her in the process? Really now?

This is all of course after she has been forced to do battle against an unknown opponent with no training at all and no experience in combat? And as the WSO to someone who got his first WSO killed? And while her friends are dying? And while she's killing humans when she was told by everyone she was wrong for thinking the aliens were humans? Christ man, if that is your attitude about it, please don't have children >.<

It's amazing Yukina hasn't had a fullscale meltdown yet at this point, Shinji style.

I'm not judging anyone?? I openly admitted that I felt she was actually a really believable character, far more than most due to her circumstances and how she acts on those circumstances? Doesn't stop it from being kind of cringy and hard to watch sometimes when there's no sign of stopping.
sirflimflamMay 21, 2016 10:12 AM
May 21, 2016 1:59 PM

Jun 2015
sirflimflam said:
Doesn't stop it from being kind of cringy and hard to watch sometimes when there's no sign of stopping.

No sign of what stopping? The drama you mean? If it was to stop wouldn't that basically be the end of character development? Good drama along-side the mecha stomping and SoL parts is kind of part and parcel with the show. Or are you saying you want Yukina to grow a pair 'cause you're tired of her running? I have to assume she will at some point. Right now she's still dealing with her useless mother and being forced to grow up way faster than she's supposed to.
May 21, 2016 5:11 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! Advisor sensei too hot Mizugi!!!
The two fodders were just missing not dead...
I wanna gyoza also!
4/5.

May 21, 2016 5:46 PM
Mar 2009
decent episode, not the best.

If the two kids were vaporized in the explosion, cool. Otherwise they ran and are in hiding, likely. noway the entire area wasn't searched several times over after such an event. Most likely they'll turn up again.

Yukina is just running scared at this point. Too much responsibility and a past with bad memories of dad and iffy relationship with mom. Her mother slapping her was not really out of line with a mother hearing her kid badmouthing her father. She must still love and miss her husband. Maybe you could say she was acting more as a wife than a mother, but I'd make it a 60-40 split.

Yukina needs to get her shit together. Her claiming she won't get into the geoframe because it will lead to Ken's death is a good line, it would implies she would get into it and I don't buy it. How about helping Ken live after he does what he needs to do. Ken's needs/desires are clearly waaaaaay more deeply rooted than whatever Yukina's are. I think she's pitting her kid level problem against an adult (actually world) level problem.

Here's to looking forward to two dead teens and one probably selfish one get her act together.
May 22, 2016 2:33 PM

Dec 2008
kind of disappointed, I was really hoping we'd find out that faggot kaya died. the other guy was kind of a pussy, but fuck I really cant stand faggots.

and before anyone gets their panties in a bunch
faggot ≠ gay
May 23, 2016 10:41 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode with several flashback on Yukina. I'm happy that his character is a little developed.
The pool scene was funny ;)
May 24, 2016 3:34 PM

Nov 2015

I usually dislike fanservice... come on, "free pool class today"... that's way too convenient for fanservice xD
But I've got to admit Marina-dono was breath taking...

ANYWAY...

Yeah, it is totally understandable that Yukina doesn't want to be part of all that at all. Pretty normal I must say, that's how normally you would react. But we know that's gonna change.

Good spot on that red alien soldier thing...the one that seems to have boobs...that's gotta be the princess.
HumbertoZeroMay 24, 2016 3:40 PM
May 25, 2016 2:41 PM

Feb 2015
Yukina's dad was trying to became friends with the demon. interesting imo. and we got scene INSIDE on the alien ship. and....another interesting scene from this episode. it felt generic somehow but i like it. Yukina's reaction after she saw someone just die in front of her was pretty natural. most people would react like that especially girl. so i kinda like how they made the characterization of Yukina. and on the other side, the dude was trying to do something about her but he can't force her to ride it. i wonder what will happen.....

looking foward for the next episode.
the comedy is still funny as usual especially the pool scene xD
May 26, 2016 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
Episode from the "flavor family," I do not mind that there is focus on the feelings of the characters, even this point is important, but a bit of action would give what little bit extra. Not bad the script, which does not forget to give some news, just not to stop the march of history; given the robot, I had to imagine similar enemies, decked with armor, even if I seem a little strange, I always imagined aliens in a different way, and yet, they are not a girl from stereotypes.

NubbyMcNubNub said:
So it finally gets to this part

LOL

skitzo said:
collectivism over individualism?

I think the two things go hand in hand.

Xenocrisi said:

Inb4 Yukina's dad is one of the "knights-aliens".

I agree.

P.S. Nothing bad excuse used to show the characters in bathing suits, although it is not new.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2016

106 by gswelcome »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:54 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

66 by lisalosthername »»
Apr 24, 2023 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

46 by L01MK »»
Feb 3, 2023 3:50 PM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

141 by Ronninn »»
Aug 29, 2022 1:32 AM

» 5 Years Anniversary Event

bastek66 - May 11, 2021

1 by Cabron »»
Mar 26, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.