Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sunshine Sketch
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2010 8:55 AM
May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
NEW ED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? There's...ANIMATION!!!
...kind of.

--==~~ Yes-No ~~==--
*opens door*
*DONG DONG DONG*
Miyako = ichigo thief :D.

Looks like it's becoming a tradition for freshmen to be invited to a welcome party via letter?

"Hidamari Apartments is known for housing weirdos...but we're all normal now."

Miyako: "Good morning! I'm hungry!"

Wide faces for the win.

--==~~ Olive ~~==--
Trust Miyako to be more concerned about her food than her hair on fire.

Twins, Oli and Ve. Miyako+1.

I remember this chapter from the manga. Miyako really looks better with her hair down. She should...treat it more often and keep it down.

Yuno's chair up-up-up-up-up-up-up......

Incidentally, I also got a haircut yesterday, but that's not important.
Jan 14, 2010 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
First part: Nori and Nazuna welcome party
+Nori and Nazuna enter the room: Sae hits Miyako with the frypan
+Miyako's cube
+Nori tells her hobbies with windows colours in background ^^
Nazuna telling about her parents was a bit sad, but Nori managed to comfort her (not) :D

nice connection to "Olive" story,
2nd part was well done, with great punch lines :)
Miyako has awesome hair xD and Yuno does not look grown up a lot ^^

ED is more animated than before :P but does not look finished ;;

asdf1248 said:

I did on Tuesday XD
Jan 15, 2010 2:42 PM

Apr 2008
First part
+Miyako's cube - "Do you like hamburgers?"
+Miyako - "Yes" lol
HoaRy said:

+Nori tells her hobbies with windows colours in background ^^

That was a nice teach.
+Yes, Computers is the way to enlightenment.
+The attack of the sleep walking Hiro.

Second part
Miyako hair is on fire!
How many point cards does one person need?
Olive, a nice name for a salon and has twins :D
Ollie - Ve ?
17:48 O_o Too many Miya faces!
Feel bad for Yuno's shortness.

Sweet, new ED animation.....even if not finish.
Jan 15, 2010 3:48 PM

Oct 2008
I'd hate to work for SHAFT; that staff must be spread so thin between Hidamari, Bund, Bake webisodes, and Negima OVAs.

But Hidamari's Hidamari, and I love it.
Japanese cartoons and comics.
Jan 15, 2010 5:00 PM

Jan 2008
Asking her rubber ducky if she looks more mature is of course, pure geinus.
Jan 15, 2010 5:10 PM
Nov 2007
http://imgkk.com/i/zOGbaH.jpg

Yes, Hidamari is still awesome.

Jan 15, 2010 5:21 PM

Sep 2008
Uwaaaaaaaaaaah~
I just want to hug Nazuna now.

I loved the die idea, very cute and entertaining.
...I liked this ending better than the first one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2010 9:31 PM

Mar 2008
from the editor:

for those of you using nutbladder's subs, this will come in handy.

http://102.hidamarisou.net/
Jan 16, 2010 3:33 AM

Jan 2009
I always seem to LOL whenever they happen to get Yuno's x's off. XD
Jan 16, 2010 4:10 AM

Dec 2007
Am I the only one to think this season's Hidamari is poorer in comparison to the excellent 365?
Jan 16, 2010 4:48 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Good morning.

I'm hungry!!

Hilarious episode again, Miyako is just too awesome.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 16, 2010 7:04 AM

Nov 2007
Fun episode! and ★☆OMG NAZUNA IS KAWAII!!☆★
lol I took more screenshots from this single episode than I did for last 10 or so eps of different shows. hilarious XD

and yes the ED!!! at least it's not a still image of a fricking house for the whole time. xDD

HoaRy said:
asdf1248 said:

I did on Tuesday XD

And I did today. :)

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Jan 16, 2010 8:24 AM

Sep 2009
HalberdierRetsel said:
Am I the only one to think this season's Hidamari is poorer in comparison to the excellent 365?

No, you aren't... I honestly think x365 was much, much better than where we are now. It just seems like the animation quality went downhill a lot. The jokes and cuteness of the show is still intact, but I just can't concentrate on the show if the art distracts me.

@ 10:39 - Indeed, Sae looks like she had a wonderful night next to Hiro. ;]
-
Jan 16, 2010 8:33 AM
Jul 2018
Another thing from twitter:
@twi39 『ひだまりスケッチ×☆☆☆』ちなみにOPは3話から変わる……みたいです☆☆☆

"It looks like the OP will change with episode 3"

Nothing about the ED yet, though
Jan 16, 2010 11:31 AM

Nov 2007
I wonder why the principal still keeps vibrating. I'm fond of this series.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 16, 2010 1:06 PM

Nov 2007
Another good episode. Nazuna. <3 I think this season easily tops x365 so far.
Jan 16, 2010 1:17 PM

Aug 2008
While the two new characters are cute, I prefer the original cast. We had two seasons that starred only these four characters; in other words, Hidamari was defined as Yuno, Sae, Miyako, and Hiro. I don't like the fact that they are introducing new main characters this late. Nonetheless, they are not intolerable, so I'll keep watching.

I love Miya-chan's hair after the hair salon!! :) I'm so glad she's my wife here on MAL

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 16, 2010 1:49 PM

Aug 2008
HalberdierRetsel said:

I think it's about the same. The only difference I'm noticing is crisper art, but that might be more because I saw the first show on a different, less powerful computer with a crt monitor. I saw the first episode and was stunned by the Shaft-iness off the whole production, and wondered how I hadn't noticed it before.
Jan 16, 2010 3:57 PM
Dec 2008
I *REALLY* liked episode 1, hell I ended up watching it 4 times before episode 2 came out & I don't think I've ever rewatched an individual episode of an anime whilst airing before, but I couldn't help but feeling a little underwhelmed after episode 2 :(

First things first, there are about 2 new shots in the OP, but it still doesn't seem finished. The ED now at least changes scene... once! Hopefully we'll see the completed OP & ED before too long, as they're quite nice songs.

The piece of background music that I really liked from episode 1 put in another appaerance this episode, raising my hopes that it will be on the soundtrack CD when it is released. Otherwise I may cry.

But I think I agree with some of the others who are a bit iffy about the introduction of the new characters. The show worked perfectly with the original 4 & we all loved it & loved them all; one could easily argue that it defined the show. They covered all the right bases, had a wonderful chemistry & occupied quite different territories, whereas I can't help but fear that the 2 new characters will struggle to find their own individual personalities & may end up too much like one or more of the others. The show has a lovely homely feel & consistency to it, which is put at risk by bringing in new characters. I'll wait until more episodes have aired before making up proper opinions, but I think it's a risky business introducing new characters into what was already a perfect line up & so far the interactions with these new characters seem to have been rather sparse & even contrived at some points. Change can be good, but I for one loved the old hidaske & hope that it will still be the same show even with the new characters!

Also, am I the only one who at first found it a bit weird with the change of scene to the salon? Everything always seems to take place either at the Hidamari apartments, school, or maybe the berrymart; having an excursion to somewhere new caught me almost off guard!
Jan 16, 2010 8:49 PM

Jul 2009
This is a great anime. The new characters aren't bad at all and I think we just need to be introduced to the more like we were to the original four in the first season (kind of?). It's hard getting used to the new characters and what not, but everything is set up for an amazing season with two already really fun episodes!
Jan 18, 2010 7:28 PM

Sep 2008
Another lovely episode. Nazuna is so moe <3

There's this one really fun teacher...
Jan 18, 2010 8:21 PM

Jul 2007
Nazuna overmoe'd and Yuno has boobs now. Oh, and it's a slideshow. F*ck you Vampire Bund.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jan 20, 2010 9:55 PM
May 2009
lost_eden said:
Everything always seems to take place either at the Hidamari apartments, school, or maybe the berrymart; having an excursion to somewhere new caught me almost off guard!

Remeber the zoo episode ;)? But I agree with you, it's not something that happens every episode.
Feb 9, 2010 1:20 AM

Aug 2008
Man this is getting rough to watch with all the overflowing MOE! but I must press on for the sake of the hidamari crew!

and as small and moe Nazuna is, Yuno still manages to be shorter >_<

Jul 30, 2011 11:04 AM

Sep 2010
The whole hair part was great.
Aug 25, 2011 12:35 AM
Aug 2008
Yeah, when Nazuna is explaining what happened, I want to give her a nice long hug, like a big brother might.
"Say, Tsukasa, how do you eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?"
Jun 24, 2012 10:02 PM

May 2010
DNF said:

ED is more animated than before :P but does not look finished ;;

Wouldn't it be neat if they animated a bit more each time, so that by the end of the season it's fully animated, but not until then?
“Money can't buy dere”
Sep 10, 2012 6:39 PM

Dec 2008
HalRyder said:
At least to me it's the opposite; I think Hoshi Mittsu and SP ovas are the best seasons so far from Hidamari. Especially with the addition of Nori and Nazuna, who do seem to fit as well as if they had been there from the very beginning.

Maybe it's note-worthy that Ume Aoki wanted one of the two new characters to be a crossdresser, an idea that was shot down by the 4koma publisher.
Oct 24, 2012 2:02 AM

Sep 2012
I'm already loving Nori and Nazuna. Hope to see her more and more in this season.
Nov 29, 2012 6:51 PM
Aug 2008
lost_eden said:
Also, am I the only one who at first found it a bit weird with the change of scene to the salon? Everything always seems to take place either at the Hidamari apartments, school, or maybe the berrymart; having an excursion to somewhere new caught me almost off guard!

I don't know, but in the first two seasons, they went to:

* DaDa Mart
* the local matsuri
* a karaoke bar
* a bathhouse -- twice!
* the zoo
* public swimming pool
* Shinto shrine
* wherever that was where Kishi's film was shown
* a temple
* a riverside park

Maybe what's actually weird about it is that they hadn't ever led into a half-episode from the first half like that before.

"Hey, that reminds me of when we went to Olive!" "July 19: Olive"

Certainly they'd had episodes split into two, but they didn't finish the first part by referring to the second.
Aug 5, 2014 3:53 AM

Aug 2013
"Good morning! I'm hungry!" XD! Miyako lives such a simple life.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 29, 2014 7:39 AM

May 2012
Lol what a great episode, especially that ending xD oh boy this anime <3
Feb 4, 2015 3:42 PM

Oct 2012
Makeover saloon was good scene, Miyako sure has some great hair.
Still not much info about two new inhabitants. Oh, wait, Nori is geek :D And what about Chika? :)

And Nazuna is in general education? Whatever that term means in Japan, anyone care to explain?
Is it like special education for slower students or more like general high school preparing for college?
Aug 23, 2016 11:46 AM
Aug 2008
And Nazuna is in general education? Whatever that term means in Japan, anyone care to explain?
Is it like special education for slower students or more like general high school preparing for college?[/quote]

I think it just means that, despite going to a school with a strong art program, those in general education have no art program. Presumably, they're locals like Nazuna, otherwise, they'd have no particular reason not to go wherever would be closer.

Also, Chika isn't interested in studying art, so she went somewhere else. That wasn't clear from x365...?
Feb 7, 2021 10:33 AM

Feb 2020
I loved the salon part. It was something new and different, just like the zoo episode before for example.

SerafosJan 8, 2:02 AM
Apr 28, 2022 8:24 AM

Sep 2016
the directing in that hair saloon bit was awesome, exactly the kind of stuff shaft does best. I'm already liking this a lot more than the second season and I wholeheartedly credit that for the fact that the WORST ART STUDENT NATSUME hasn't yet showed up even once. the way the second season focused on that fan servicey yuribait will-they-won't-they angle was super annoying
Feb 12, 2023 1:44 AM

May 2021
The hair salon place was cool. Yuno had to keep getting her chair raised was funny.
Feb 16, 2023 4:18 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yuno and Miyako getting a haircut together, that was sure relaxing

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x ☆☆☆ Episode 12 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 25, 2010

26 by Ashhk »»
Feb 19, 2023 4:57 PM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x ☆☆☆ Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 18, 2010

17 by Ashhk »»
Feb 19, 2023 4:08 PM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x ☆☆☆ Episode 10 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 11, 2010

27 by Ashhk »»
Feb 19, 2023 4:19 AM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x ☆☆☆ Episode 9 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 4, 2010

26 by Ashhk »»
Feb 19, 2023 3:51 AM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x ☆☆☆ Episode 8 Discussion

removed-user - Feb 25, 2010

23 by Ashhk »»
Feb 18, 2023 5:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.