Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 19, 2016 1:14 AM
Jul 2018

Hello and welcome to the Anime Watching Challenges Club!

We strive on building an active and friendly community where members join to compete with one another in various sets of challenges.

Before you dive into our community and all we have to offer, perhaps you would care to introduce yourself?

After you have introduce yourself, feel free to stop by the club comments and/or in this very thread and chat with other members of the club, or browse what threads we currently have to offer at this time.

If you feel like you need a helping hand as to where you should start, then you might want to check out our compilation of the Beginners' Guide and the New Member's Guide. They will guide and help you go through our diverse variety of challenges.

If you ever need to ask a question, one of our staff or members will gladly help you so don't be shy asking in our queries thread. Even if your main language isn't English we might be able to help you out! You can also check out our discord server if you want a faster answer (maybe).

SheyCroixJan 3, 2023 10:43 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 19, 2016 1:38 AM

Dec 2013
I'll start this off.

Yo! My name is Reece, as my username suggests, and I am from the UK. I had this username ever since I first played runescape as a kid and stuck to me since. I play video games like league of legends and a little bit of blade and soul. My favourite anime genres are horror, comedy, shounen and super power. Boku no hero academia and noragami is an example of one of my favourites. And my least favourites are harem and mecha but there are a few I enjoyed. I typically watch anything recommended to me regardless of the score of the anime. Also, the first anime I ever watched episode by episode is Dragon ball back when I was 7 years old. I then started to watch other variety of anime in 2013.
May 19, 2016 3:05 AM

Apr 2010
Hi ! I'm Jhiday, and I'm French.

I'm 31, and have been watching anime in some form ever since I was a kid (when the likes of Sailor Moon aired on TV). I fell on and off the hobby for a while, depending on whatever was available at the time (my short time in a college anime club in 2003-2004 was a boon in that regard). I went back heavily into it in late 2007, and have been regularly following stuff as it airs in Japan since 2009-2010. Since 2011, I've been trying out just about anything that comes out, and posting my first impressions on my blog.

My favourite genres :
- Mystery and crime shows.
- Anything with politics in it, provided it doesn't get too stupid.
- Anything starring actual adults.
- Shows with a strong artsy bent, especially if it goes stylized, psychedelic, or just plain weird.

I usually keep an open mind, and try out stuff way outside my comfort zone.

What I don't like much :
- Long shows in general ; it's a time commitment I'm rarely prepared to make.
- In particular, I'll avoid like the plague most shonen longrunners, especially if they're filler-prone.
- Light novel adaptations set in magic high schools. I have no clue how this has become a subgenre that pops up at least once every season, but it has. And they keep becoming more generic and uninspired. (Amusingly, I quite like what I've seen of Familiar of Zero, which arguably kickstarted the genre.)
- Shounen Ai ; just not my thing, especially as it's often way too rapey.

(I also don't read much manga, as I rarely find it convenient, and it just doesn't quite pop as much as even lackluster anime adaptations.)

I joined the club only recently, but I've watched enough stuff to qualify for a bunch of challenges without even trying. Some of the low-effort ones are next on my list (as a needle to watch the few things I need to complete them), and then I'll try going for more difficult ones. ;-)
May 19, 2016 7:35 AM

Nov 2013
Well, why not.

I'm abystoma2, I'm 19 and I'm from the Czech Republic. I've been watching anime for about 4-5 years. I saw some anime on a tv as a kid like Muumin, Once upon a time... or Maya the Bee, but the first anime I watched while knowing it's something called "anime" was Fairy Tail, which at that time I highly enjoyed and I still view it with a bit of a nostalgic feel.

My favourite kind of anime are dementia, psychological, seinen, GAR and artsy ones. I'm quite fond of experimental short anime movies, plot twist and weird stuff in general. My favourite franchises for both anime and manga are for example Evangelion, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Kaiji, Lupin III, Berserk, Monogatari Series, JoJo, Gintama and Nasuverse.

What I dislike the most are probably generic, unoriginal shows and pointless harems and ecchi anime. I'm also not really a fan of shoujo romance and the boring kind of sports anime. But I watch still everything and every genre, and by everything I mean whatever anime I can find and I believe that every genre has to have some hidden gems.

For some lists of favourite anime/characters/creators/anime songs etc. see my AniDB profile (rankings not necessarily ordered).

About manga, I love manga with gorgeous and detailed art and I prefer manga with a bit darker story. My favourite mangaka is probably Kago Shintaro as I like how he "doesn't fuck around" and his mangas are grotesque and weird, but somehow still entertaining with a bit of black humor and sometimes even social commentary.

I archive anime and manga, I currently have three 2TB HDDs and a pile of DVDs and I plan to get more. Nothing better than suddenly finding a rare anime that you can add to your collection.

I joined the club because I love challenges and badges and I can use it as a motivation to watch more stuff. As a completionist, I'd like to complete all the possible challenges.
abystoma2Jun 2, 2016 6:56 AM
You all need to watch Nami.

May 19, 2016 11:29 AM

Sep 2011
I agree with abystoma2, why not? xD

About Me
I'm currently 25 - out of college and working full time. This, of course, takes a bit of time away from my good ol' anime watchin' but I do what I can (like watching anime during my lunch break... lol).

I used to be far far far more into manga than I was anime and while I still love and collect manga (gotta brag a bit about owning over 3k volumes of manga woo~), I'll admit that anime has become a bigger love/focus for me.

I'm super good with multitasking ESPECIALLY if the series is in English (which is my first langauge and was born/raised in the US). I've also started watching anime with faster speeds... especially the ones that I just want to get over and done with XD haha

Prefer downloading over streaming - but if there wasn't streaming I couldn't watch during lunch, so I do love/respect streaming too~!

I'm decent at graphics and I'm decent with coding (basics for both) so if anyone ever wants to offer up their skills, it won't offend me XDDD

I also love challenges where anime is involved. For awhile, after I broke up with my ex (who I would compare my # of days watched anime with his) I kinda didn't have motivation to watch a lot of the small random "stuff" >.> but then... just when I thought everything had gone dark... the 2015 Anime Watching Challenge showed itself before me... my awe could know no bounds as I rejoiced in having something to strive for once again. . . . which led to me making this club ^-^

Welcome to all the old and new, active and not! Thanks for wanting to be apart of this club <3
May 20, 2016 4:27 AM

Jul 2014
Hi, i'm kinda new here.
So, I'm PheleanorPhil, I'm going to hit 18 really soon. I'm from Czech Republic, but my parents are from Vietnam. I've been watching anime since i was a lil kiddo, Soul eater was my favorite, but now my preferences changed drasticaly.
My favourite genre should probably be psychological, drama, dementia and overall seinen genre, but i don't care much about genre, I care more about the quality and purpose of watching it. My favourite anime(s) are Mushishi, Shinsekai yori, Evangelion series, FLCL or Lain.
To my disliking, I really hate hyped up fanbases and anime that those fanbases create (most of em), I don't really watch "mainstream" anime or unoroginal shows because i don't see any meaning of doing that and most of em are pretty crappy.

For manga: I'm not a picky reader even though i like to read classics. My favourites are everything from Inio Asano.
I joined this club mostly because of my friends (Sulframus and Abystoma), but also I belive that this will bring me back to watching anime instead of doing anything else, pointless like this.
I'm not good at english grammar so If i have some mistakes, please don't care 'bout em thx

May 21, 2016 10:41 AM

Mar 2011
Ohayo minna!

Here I am too. So my name is Renee-chan which is not connected my real name. :D (Its funnier in my country as Renee sound as a Hungarian female name's nickname). Yes, I am from Hungary, 21 years old (on May 18th :P).
I have been studying for logistics engineer and of course in my freetime I try to sleep. :D
Besides joking its unfortunately the truth for me. When I have a little longer period of time when I dont have to do anything I watch Animes and read Mangas of course.
I love them nearly all genre and themes of them with the exception of horror ones. (I hate horror books and films too, but love to watch horror gameplays :D yes so strange, but its me)

First Animes what I saw: Inuyasha, Tokyo Mew Mew, Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh..etc so the older ones as an old hand. :D

When I had more freetime I edit AMVs and had a website of Animes and Mangas. I was at several MondoCons in Hungary. From 2011 I have been working at a Hungarian Fansub where we translate several Anime/Manga.

I dont know what more should I mention about myself. Oh, maybe that: I have forgotten many things about english as I havent use it for 1 year. So I apologize for every mistake I make. ^^"

And of yourse if somebody would like to have otaku friends or would like to just chatting I am open for it whether here or at Skype also. As I always using my computer for studying I am kinda online everytime. :D

I join to the club as I take fancy to do challenges. The 2016 ones is my first one in category of Anime. From that time on I would like to do many of them and in this way also watch/read many different Anine/Manga. :3

May 22, 2016 2:28 AM

Jun 2013
I'll join in !

Hello there everyone, I'm Spyro, and I obviously requested this username because I love Spyro.
I'm a 21 year old girl from the Netherlands. I've been watching anime since I was really young.
I study to become a History teacher, and next year I'll also pick up German language besides History.

Favourite anime genres are: Psycological, Seinen, Shounen-Ai and Kids
What I try to avoid in anime: Harem, too much Ecchi

I have a big collection of anime dvd's and manga in various languages. The mailman is getting crazy because I order too many manga and dvd's x3

Why I joined this club is mainly because I want a motivation to watch sequels and spin-offs, and stuff that has been on my PTW for too long. And so far, it's paying off.
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~
May 22, 2016 7:04 AM

May 2014
Hey guys, I'm SecretDinosaur! :)

I chose that name because I thought it sounded cool lol, plus I loved dinosaurs as a kid. x) I got into anime when I was 17, though I had briefly watched anime like sailor moon or dragon ball as a kid. Now, I'm 22 and I just finished my 3rd year of college for zoology, and plan to work in a zoo next year. I joined this club because I loved doing the 2015/2016 anime challenges, so these challenges are fun. Plus, I love the badges.

My favorite genres of anime are: sports, space, mecha and slice of life.
My disliked genres of anime are: yaoi, yuri, shounen ai, and historical
May 22, 2016 8:53 AM

Aug 2008
Hi i'm jstn18, i'm 27 and i'm from the USA.

I have been watching anime since i was a kid mainly watching shows that aired on TV in the US. Shows like Dragonball Z, Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, and then Naruto, One Piece and Fullmetal Alchemist started airing in the US When i got into High School. I started watching anime as it was airing in Japan in 2008 when i was 20 years old.

I like almost every genre but a few of my favorites are Shounen, Horror, Psychological, Super Power, Comedy and i like a good Romance anime too. I also like Ecchi and Harem shows but only if there done right not the generic ones where its like your watching the same show over and over again.

The only genres I don't really like at all is Sports and Shounen ai. I love watching and playing sports in real life but when it's in anime form i just cant get into it i'm not really sure why. As for Shounen ai its just not my thing.

I'm really glad i joined this club cause I love challenges. Also a lot of these challenges get me to watch shows that I probably never would of watched before or shows I have never heard of.
May 22, 2016 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
Yo, the name is Yui XD I'm a 16 year old female from the sunny UK
I joined this club because I was invited to, I thought it would be interesting but I easily get distracted so I start all these challenges but it will probably take me forever to finish them...I was lucky that I finished the May 2016 one XD

I have been watching anime for 4 years but I have kind of stopped watching it recently due to school and me having too much work, even now I'm working alongside writing this up but hopefully once summer comes around I'll have a bit more time.

Favourite anime genres, fantasy and adventure but I am a sucker for a bit of school life romance now and again. I like to watch really popular anime as well as anime that aren't as well known but I enjoy doing it this way. (I also tend to like anime so many people I know don't like :/)

Thank you for having me here and I hope to join in a bit more *Salutes*
May 22, 2016 1:14 PM

Mar 2014
Been here for a while but I haven't said hi or introduced myself so hi all, I'm Rinarin!

As probably all of us, I like watching anime and reading manga. I don't hang out in clubs or forums in MAL often but this club caught my eye so thought I'd join, it's actually the only club I've joined. Got too addicted to the Anime Watching Challenge last year (completed the hard one 2-3 times) so it's great!

I like making random lists of things I like or look cool (an example could be glasses) and working on challenges, which is probably why I've signed up for more than I can tackle at the moment. Working full time daily so most of my watching happens during weekends (and weekday nights). I like most genres and demographics but I have a weird attachment to shoujo manga, I read too many of those.

So...nice to meet you!
Card Deliveries
May 23, 2016 5:42 AM

Mar 2016
I concur, Why not!

Hello all, my name is Mike. I am 25 and currently work as a property manager for a couple trailer parks and a few apartment buildings. I live in southeast Texas in a very boring area so my love of anime remains fueled.

I've always watched anime but it wasn't till I was older and joined communities like this one that I found a passion for anime watching. I am a stats geek and love seeing everything pile up. It shouldn't make me proud to build up a large amount of watched days but I don't live for normal reasons per se. Life has always been about fun and entertainment to me. Everything is a means to that end. So I don't view it as a waste of time.

I am always open to discuss anime or anything really. Feel free to stop by and say hi, or tell me I have bad taste. <3 I hope this club continues to grow and the community gets better and better. It's been a lot of fun so far.
May 23, 2016 10:21 AM

Jun 2014
Finally, I get to introduce myself properly!

I'm Jamil, or you can call me Millie (which is what most people call me anyway). I'm 25 and I enjoying watching anime. I'm not much of a manga reader just yet, as I just started reading them recently. I always preferred watching over reading lol.

I'm into almost any types of genres, mostly Action, Comedy, Thriller, and Sports. I also have a guilty pleasure for Ecchi anime as well. I haven't watched too many SoL anime, but the very few I have watched, I can say I enjoyed. These challenges also convinced me to try out different things, too, except Shounen-Ai lol.

I'm always willing to find new people to talk to on here, so feel free to send me a request to discuss anime or anything else, even how bad my taste is. XD
Jun 4, 2016 12:18 PM

Jun 2013
Yup, I'm Doubledog but usally people call me DD, I'm almost 17 and I'm from Italy, I've been into anime since summer 2012. I didn't notice the invitation to this club until now, but I love challenges when it comes to watching anime so I'm glad I've finally noticed.

My favorite genre is yuri, I really like slice of life too, but everything is fine with me except for ecchi and harem. Lately I enjoy watching anime that I don't consider good, I like to see for myself how bad they can get, I find them funny even tho they trigger me sometimes (SAO was really one hell of a ride lol).
Jun 11, 2016 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
Welcome.

Seeing a user with AWC banner as their signature is always warming.
Jun 12, 2016 3:19 PM

Jul 2015
Hello Everyone!

DriggerV here! Or you can just call me Drigger. I'm 16 and from the UK. Just joined the club today and thought i should introduce myself. I've been watching anime for the past 7 years now, its been an awesome journey discovering many great anime and seeing lots of interesting characters. I'm mainly into slice-of-life as i'd like to draw out some sort of inspiration from those type of anime.

Hope to complete lots of challenges and get along with all of you!
Jun 12, 2016 9:54 PM

Aug 2008
Hiya folks!

My name is Megan, I'm 24 years old, and have been watching Anime/Reading Manga for about 10+ years now! I started off with Manga, and then was introduced to Anime (where I found out that most of what I had been watching on Cartoon Network's Toonami was actually Anime) through a friend.

I watch a wide variety of anime, but I think what mainly draws me are the following types: romance, comedy, slice of life, fantasy, and any anime that involves the creation on Manga. I'm also really drawn to vampire/magic anime and period anime (like Yona of the Dawn or Emma: A Victorian Romance) in particular, though that's not all that I watch.

I joined this club to further broaden my horizons and experience new genres and animes I either never knew existed, or never bothered to try. These challenges are so amazing, and I love that you're given a prompt and have to search out an anime that fits it - it's definitely a challenge at times, but it's so rewarding in the end because while you're searching, you also come across other anime that you haven't seen and wouldn't have come across otherwise.

I'm looking forward to completing these challenges and getting great recommendations from everyone! <3

I have 46 pts. in AWCc.
Follow me on MyDramaList.

Jun 15, 2016 4:19 AM
Jul 2018
Hi,

I'm Casandra, but call me Cas. I'm a huge sucker for these types of lists/challenges so the second I found out about this club I had to join. Looking back on my childhood, I realised I've been watching anime pretty much forever. Though I only actively started looking up stuff in the genre round the time that Pokémon, Digimon and Dragonball Z finally made it to The Netherlands. As an avid reader, I've also collected and read a lot of manga and if there were a manga edition of the Clamp challenge, I'd almost have completed it by now.... xD

Anime wise I'm mainly interested in fantasy, sci-fi and historical shows. Though MAL Graph tells me I've mainly completed Slice of Life shows. I have a low tolerance for ecchi/harem antics and I'm mainly here for the ultimate challenge as I love digging up older shows.

Hope to have lots of fun here. ^^
Jun 19, 2016 1:29 PM
Jun 2016
Helloooo

Joined the cub because a friend recommended it/ I'm trying to watch more anime but work/school makes it hard... I try to update my lists every week...

Always open to friend requests and anime recommendations.

Still haven't decided on a challenge to enter *sigh*

Jul 1, 2016 7:38 AM
Dec 2014
Hi all,

I recently joined this club at the invitation of riho88riho, but haven't been that active here. I'm currently working on the MAL Anime Watching Challenge and would like to finish that before attempting any of this club's challenges. Sorry, I'm not very talkative, so I don't join many clubs. But this one seems to encourage the watching of many types of anime, so I like that aspect of it. I like watching all types of anime and have yet to drop any that I've started, even ones that were not that good. I look forward to some challenges.

よろしくお願いします! (Yoroshikuonegaishimasu!) (Please treat me kindly!)
Jul 2, 2016 6:07 AM
Jun 2016
Hey everyone! My name's Finn, or Finny, I am 13 and I'm pretty new to MAL and especially new to this club. I came here with the thought it mind that it might be kinda interesting to tackle some challenges. As for anime, I'm up for pretty much anything as long as it's not some that i consider gross or unappealing, genre doesn't matter. I can't wait to start some challenges, and hopefully make some new friends along the way!
Jul 23, 2016 7:53 AM

Dec 2012
Yo!
Well, not much to say, one more anime fan who also likes soccer, books and drawings (every now and then). Hmm... Honestly I have no idea how I found this club but thought it would be interesting taking some challenges, so here I am! As for what I watch, well pretty much anything as long as I find it entertaining, but I prefer psychological and supernatural. Not having much time due to work and studies but I'll try my best!
Hope we get along well!
Aug 10, 2016 10:27 AM

Feb 2014
Hi, my name is Jonatan, I'm 26 years old and I'm here mostly for the badges, don't really care much about the points system or the HoF and all that, I just wanted to do some more challeges and we still have months to go before a possible 2017 Anime Watching Challenge.
Aug 16, 2016 5:59 PM

Jun 2012
Hello! My name is Autumn and was browsing the clubs and came across this one! I am currently doing the 2016 anime challenge, and can't believe there is a spin-off. :)
But, I am 21 years old and love horror, adventure, romance and dislike slice-of-life and sci-fi. ^^
Aug 20, 2016 2:38 AM

Jun 2014
Hello,
I'm Amitte Sukku, otherwise known as the biggest nobody on the Internet.
I can't do introductions for hell, so if you see this fabulous af introduction post and really wanna get to know me in my comfort zone, I suggest you write me a comment! That would help a lot :')
Aug 21, 2016 3:40 PM

Oct 2014
Hi ! So my name is Some Fun and I'm almost 18 :) I'm French (so sorry for my bad English :/) and my favorite anime is One Piece ♥ But I love discovering new animes c: I like horror, adventure, psychological, comedy and slice of life c:

MissCactusAug 22, 2016 6:54 AM
Aug 30, 2016 11:48 PM
Jul 2015
Hi ! I'm Alexe and I'm british. I talk several language (english, french, Japanese, a little spanish) I've always been an anime fan, since my seven years to be exact :)
I like all types, genres of anime, but I have some preference, like Mecha, Military, Police, Historical & Romance. My least favorite genre may be Parody or Josei, but I like it too.

My introduction is not very long, but if you want to talk with me, don't hesitate to leave me a comment or a private message ;)
YumeNoTsukiiSep 23, 2016 9:46 PM
Sep 1, 2016 11:10 PM

Apr 2015
Hi ! I'm Cathie and i'm Canadian. My first langage is french, but i also understand english and others langages (i'm really sorry if my english is bad >.< it's easier read than write ahah) I watch animes since several years, but i'm really into it since few time (Since one year, i could say) My favorite anime is Shingeki no Kyojin, followed by Pandora Hearts and Ansatsu Kyoushitsu.

My favorite genres are mecha, military, adventure, drama, historical, etc. I like serious anime, but i like watch comedy sometimes and i really like good romance animes whiles.

My least favorite genre are Parody and Ecchi, but i like some animes with this tag, i'm not very difficult. I don't like Ecchi/fan-service, but i like it in ''mature'' circumstance, as Ecchi/Drama (for example) [i don't know if what i say are understandable ahah]

If you have some recommendations for me, don't hesitate to leave me a comment or a message :) or just to talk with me.
TreasuredHopesOct 10, 2016 8:50 AM
Sep 2, 2016 7:49 AM

Nov 2010
Hello, my name's Crystal and I'm from the US. I've been watching anime for over 20 years off and on.

I love anime and enjoy challenges. I took a break for a few years and need to catch up with the stand out series each year, so if you have a suggestion fire away. I like the structure that challenges give you. The sense of completion is rather nice.

I like pretty much everything, except sports shows. I try but can never seem to get into them. I can tolerate most ecchi as long as I know that it's going to be there. (I can't be mad at T&A shows for having T&A can I?) Surprise ecchi or over the top fanservice irritates me though. I prefer SoL, comedy, reverse harems, historical, sci-fi, yaoi, and shonen mostly.
Sep 4, 2016 1:41 AM

Dec 2014

✩ H E L L O _ T H E R E ✩
Hey~ The name's Maze. Living in the country with 7,641 islands in it :D Turning 18 this third of August (yay ToT). Favorite color is pink.. and black ♥ My first finished anime was Noragami way back summer 2014 which brought me to anime life. First finished manga was Ao Haru Ride ♥ Though I'm not that into reading stuffs 'cause I'm lazy af but shoujo manga is life :p Currently in my second year of college, hopefully aims to graduate and get a decent job. I'm actually not into games and stuffs (idk why) so I find myself pretty boring lol. I'm fond of listening to different music (heavy metal the least xd) 'cause music is my only escape. More info about me just visit the links below ^^
Sep 7, 2016 9:29 PM

Apr 2013
*waves* I finally checked out this club after seeing a few folks with some challenge badges in their sigs in the 2016 Anime Watching Challenge thread. So, since I completed that, I'm still in the mood for more challenges. I think it's nice there's no "time limit" for a lot of these challenges, so I can at least take things easy this time with as many as I want. (I don't know what this points system is, so I'm just here for the badges/bragging rights lol.)

Anyhoo, the name's Lil-Bird. I was mostly a casual watcher since I was a kid (never had cable, so I grew up watching anime that aired on Kids' WB and Fox Kids, which later became the Fox Box), but getting the Escaflowne movie for my 13th birthday was what basically permanently got me to be a fan of anime. However, it wasn't until 2011 when I was first in college that I started to really get involved in anime, although it was a slow start. But thanks to certain shows such as Higurashi, CLANNAD, Monster, and Paranoia Agent, as well as discovering a few Internet reviews on anime (such as Anime Abandon, JesuOtaku, and Glass Reflection), I've been a regular watcher since, even going back to properly finish some childhood shows on top of that. It's been fun, and I'm still finding that with each anime I start for the first time, the more I realize I haven't seen anything yet. Animation's such a beautiful medium, I want to see as much of it and its many different styles as I can.
Sep 11, 2016 7:56 AM

Feb 2016
Hi, I'm Eren. I'm british and i have 15 years old (i'll have 16 the december 5) I watch anime since few times (approximately since 2014 - so, two years) I've some preference like mecha and military, serious anime, but i haven't discovered my real preferences yet. I really like anime in years 2000 to 2007 with a little ''old style''. My least favorite genre are Parody (i much prefer comedy) My favorite anime for the moment are Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch, followed by Heroic Age.

Little introduction, but if you want to talk with me, send me a friend request or just message me :)
Sep 20, 2016 4:37 AM
Jul 2009
Hi, I'm Noehlina and I joined this club to find out really good anime. I've been watching anime for more than 10 years and my tastes have been refined since then. Because of that, it's a bit difficult to find good anime nowadays since I've been noticing lots of harem over the last few years. However, once in a while, I'll dabble in harem or reverse harem for change of pace but it has to be REALLY good where the protagonist can't choose in the end lol

Liked genre: shounen, slice of life, comedy, sports, psychological/thriller, mature-rated (not hentai, more like Black Lagoon or Gangsta.)

Disliked genre: harem (or reverse), ecchi

My biggest pet peeve is probably the animation. It has to be good enough animation that I watch (unless the story is really good like Gintama) but it cannot too beautiful that I start hating the anime itself (like Sword Art Online).

If you have any suggestions for me, drop me a reply or PM ^^
Sep 25, 2016 10:36 AM

May 2012
Hello everyone!

I'm from Quebec (French part of Canada) and started to watch anime "seriously"... maybe 3-4 years ago ? But I always had an interest in japanese stuff (watched Calimero, Maya the Bee, Pokemon & Cardcaptor Sakura when I was young).

I'm in my thirties and work as a health professional. The challenges here are a way to add more fun, spice and flavour to my usual anime watching routine. They also help me to finally finish the 600 on hold entries I used to have :3

I like and watch all genre (except maybe for kids?). If the anime entertains me, I appreciate it. I have the personnal goal to watch *almost* all the anime on MAL, but I know it is impossible to realise, sadly :P

Please, feel free to PM for chat or to send me suggestions !
AngelShivaJul 1, 2019 4:29 PM
Oct 2, 2016 9:51 AM

Apr 2016
Hello, my name is Helvian494743, from the U.S.

I haven't been watching anime for that long at all, started less than 6 months ago. Though I was fortunate enough to start my MAL account at around the same time as my first anime (One Punch Man), so almost all of my anime has 100% accurate start and end date. I was also fortunate enough to find this club early on, to get me a lot of material to work with on challenges. I haven't read any Manga yet, and it will probably take me a while to do so, if ever.

As long as something is well written, I can appreciate/like any genre. Though I am more prone to like Action and Ecchi. Having politics/philosophy in it is a huge plus aswell.

I will primarily be sticking with the type/year based challenges to start, but will be open to other challenges as I go along (Maybe even the Ultimate Challenge). This is because these challenges typically have less restrictions, and will allow me to see anime from all varieties (From TV to ONAs, old to new, action to romance, etc).

Feel free to message me or send a friend request if you like my tastes. Reccomendations are welcome, though I still have a lot of "must-watch" anime that I still need to get through.
Helvian494743Oct 2, 2016 10:02 AM
Oct 11, 2016 5:33 AM

Dec 2015
Heeey~

Am Goran or Gokucchi as you prefer. Am a huge anime fan and am able to pull any topics when it comes to anime haha. xD Like all types of anime if they're cool. Am not a critic so I always rate high if I find show interesting. I act like Konata, must've picked her habits. xD Not to make it any longer, you can visit my profile. Anyways it was nice to meet you all. :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2016 5:35 AM

Dec 2015
Hai! ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
I'm OtakuOne, or you could call me 'Ota-kun', I would veerrry pleased by that nickname. I joined this club to watch more anime and challenge myself to watch some cringey and cliched anime that I don't like anime that I don't usually watch. I enjoy watching anime, reading manga/light novels/visual novels and editing in Photoshop. I like dark humor for I, am a sadistic man that likes to see people being tortured and being helpless.

My favorite genres are horror, comedy, romance, slice of life, ecchi and parody. My top 1 favorite anime is Higurashi no Naku Koro ni for making me test my mind and solve this blasphemy.

Lastly, I want to share my obsession with everyone who's reading this right now. I LOVE LOLIS! They are basically my life, my soul and our savior! Whoever doesn't love lolis must be absolutely punished! Don't worry though, I'm not into 3D lolis, so you can't report me to the police! One day, lolis shall rule the entire 2D world then gonna spread MOE to all the anime!

That's all, bye!

I'm cancer
Nov 1, 2016 5:32 AM

Sep 2015
Hello! I'm Lelde and i come from Latvia. I've been watching anime for more than a year I can watch pretty much everything but i prefer psychological, horror and mystery.

I'm bad with introductions so if you want to ask me something then feel free to do it.
Nov 1, 2016 4:19 PM
Mar 2014
Hi Everyone! I'm Diamond-hime, I have been watching for about a decade now. My favorite series are Bakuman 1-3, Hellsing Ultimate, Dragonball franchise and Sanzoku no Musume Ronja. I've been having trouble finding good to watch lately so I'm joining this group to challenge myself to watch new genres and hopefully find some hidden hems of the world.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2016 5:50 PM
Sep 2016
Hello, I'm Ivan and I came here because I was interested on seeing what kind of chinese cartoons could recommend me this people(And because I was invited to it, of course...), even through I don't fully understand how this challenges and collections thing works. I'm 14 years old and watch anime since my 12. I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Type of animes that I like:

-Action/Rule of Cool.
-Pshycological.
-Mechas.
-GAR/Manly/With a great dosis of testosterone series.
-Policial things.
-Drama.
-Existencialist series.

Type of animes that I don't like:

-Moeshit(Seriously, why people like this so much?).
-Pretencious edgy gore with ecchi comedy("Because we are big boys and big boys likes violence and sex").
-Referencial comedies.
-Slices of nothing ever happens.
-Fighting shonens(Most of the cancerigenous anime stereotypes come from this type of shows).
-Magical Girls.

As I said in my profile, I like debating and arguing, and I really hate that people uses excuses like "If you don't like it don't watch it and don't critize", "Quality is subjective", "Animu is just for fun, not to critize", "All opinions and tastes must be respeted". And...I think that's all
Master_TorresNov 4, 2016 6:02 PM
Nov 12, 2016 10:25 AM

Oct 2015
Hi everyone, I'm from New York and currently attending college. I have been watching anime for most of my life. I love a good challenge and I love anime so this club is perfect for me. I am willing to watch just about any genre but my favorites are Psychological/ Horror and Action. I will give anything a try, so any recommendations are welcome. I hope to have a lot of fun here and can't wait to get started on the challenges :)
Nov 13, 2016 2:50 PM
Puddi Queen

Oct 2009
Hello everyone!

I'm Claudia from the Netherlands and I'm 25 years old. I've been watching anime ever since my cousin introduced me to Fullmetal Alchemist and Fruits Basket when I was about 12 years old. I watched Dragon Ball, Gundam Wing, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon and Beyblade on the Dutch television before even knowing they were japanese anime. The internet opened a whole new world for me <3

I watch a lot of romance, sci-fi, action and historical anime, but always fear I'm missing out on some gems because there are simply so many anime to choose from and titles/discriptions don't always do the series/ova/ona justice! This is why I've decided to join this club, hoping that the challenges will introduce me to anime I haven't discovered yet. So excited, whoooooooop!
Nov 24, 2016 3:48 AM

Nov 2008
Hiya peeps!

I'm Necronomicon (That book from Lovecraft novels) or you can also call me by my nick name Yun, if you want. :) I'm 29 year old person from Finland and after these years I'm still in love with anime, I want to watch all kind of genres and series whenever I have the time (that's daily lol)

I think my first one that I knowingly knew that was anime was Ranma ½. It was still the era of vhs and you couldn't get your grip on stuff that easily. I used to live in Japan at one point, Osaka more clearly. It was a time I have a big hole of watching series at because I was busy studying.
Joined the club because I thought it would be cool to find some recent/older stuff I have for reason or other not yet watched.
Nov 26, 2016 1:18 AM
Sep 2015
Hi! I'm AspectOfJustice. I'm 16 years old. I'm from The Mighty Land of Kebabs (Turkey for short). I started anime about 2 years ago with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Ever since my interest in anime/manga industry has grown. I mostly watch fantasy. I don't hate ecchi but I dislike it. There's much to say but I think this is enough. Hello again and let's have fun! ^^
Nov 26, 2016 5:06 AM

Jan 2016
Ayy hello. I tend to watch anything excluding dementia, horror, mystery, psychological and thriller.

Dec 11, 2016 1:03 AM

Dec 2016
Thanks for the invite. I'm fairly new to MAL and this club. I'm basically quiet, reserved and lazy. That is all, nice to meet you guys. :D
Dec 21, 2016 1:06 AM

Jun 2006
Hello Hello~

I'm Erika and I'm 25 years old. I found this club soon after I finished my 2016 Anime Challenge. It's nice to find an Anime watching challenge club and with no time limits too, that's awesome! I've been watching anime forever and love to challenge myself while watching anime so this is a great chance to challenge myself even further!

I'm very open-minded with what anime I watch. I love psychological, mystery, horror, comedy, and romance a lot though.

Nice to meet you all :)
Dec 21, 2016 7:14 PM

Aug 2016
Hey there.

Name's Holo. I got randomly invited to this club, so I'll give it a shot lol my favorite anime genre's are horror/thriller and fantasy. I am not a huge fan of slice of life anime unless I'm sick or something. I'm currently re-watching Death Note for like, the 6th or 7th time lol

I like to do gfx, and I'm still learning a lot about it. I am also very addicted to osu! :v

Nice to meet everyone~
Jan 1, 2017 9:11 PM
Jan 2015
Hi, I'm Saah, 22 years old, from the US.

I recently joined this club and have been lurking/looking at the challenges as a source of inspiration to find new shows to watch/motivate myself to actually watch things instead of endlessly adding to my PTW and never actually doing anything...

I'm open to pretty much all types of anime, though I especially enjoy comedy, fantasy/sci-fi, and romance.

I'm not really sure about how to actually do the challenges (and I admit to being a little anxious about doing something wrong), but as of writing this, I am working on the January 2017 monthly challenge. So, uh... Here's to an exciting year of watching lots of interesting anime! :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 🟤 Anime Auction House「 Round 06: MAR 19 | Sign Up R.06 CLOSED | Everyone until APR 19 」 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - May 23, 2020

1533 by AutumnBug »»
3 hours ago

» Music-Per-Day Challenge ( 1 2 )

SheyCroix - Sep 30, 2023

98 by Papa_Dragon »»
3 hours ago

» Scavenger Hunt #10 [Ferry Set] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Dec 8, 2016

327 by silveraaki »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » 🏆 Challenges Turn-Ins (v.3) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Nov 1, 2021

8826 by Papa_Dragon »»
3 hours ago

» #01 Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Jan 11, 2017

445 by AliceHanano »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.