Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 18, 2016 4:54 PM
Dec 2012
Why did REM kill Subaru the first time when Subaru was feeling sick and wandered out into the hallway? Why did REM kill Subaru again later? I don't understand at all.

Mod Edit: Modified title for spoiler reasons.
ShockedMay 18, 2016 6:00 PM
monkeys
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 18, 2016 4:58 PM

Mar 2012
Because he might be cahoot with enemy and he is shrouded with witch aura something that Rem have personal grudge with.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 18, 2016 5:05 PM

Apr 2015
Because of the witch's scent that Subaru has on him ( Re-watch episode 7 at the beginning, she outright says it ) As we know Satella the witch of envy is seen as the greatest evil in this world.

Having her scent on you is like having a sign over your head that says "Hey I'm affiliated with the most evil being in this world"

As if that wasn't reason enough, Rem & Ram also seem to have a personal grudge against anything connected to the witch ( and the witch cult ) due to something that happened in their past. :)
May 18, 2016 5:37 PM

Mar 2010
I'm now convinced that some people don't any attention to shows they watch despite reasons given the very episode.

And this pointless thread that could be in the episode discussion thread and is a spoiler for anybody who hasn't watched the episode.
May 18, 2016 6:56 PM
Dec 2012
I generally understand why rem killed subaru the second time, but the first time where they didn't even reveal rem, we know it was rem because of the sounds of the chain, how come that time she killed him, i'm talking about episode 6.
monkeys
May 18, 2016 7:23 PM

Mar 2015
Turtlewack said:
I generally understand why rem killed subaru the second time, but the first time where they didn't even reveal rem, we know it was rem because of the sounds of the chain, how come that time she killed him, i'm talking about episode 6.

For the same reason she attacked Subaru on the third loop. He reeks the scent of witch.

Also as ColdBreeze said, Rem DIDN'T kill Subaru on the third loop, but it was Ram. You should read the posts of the people that are trying to help you.

May 18, 2016 7:30 PM

Mar 2013
Turtlewack said:

cause he got that bitch's perfume on him

that didn't change between the loops.
May 18, 2016 8:54 PM
Feb 2008
I'm kind of done with this anime for a list of reasons that go on for miles.

It's mainly the protagonists. The witch's scent thing is a stupid ass excuse. Subaru is the worst detective in existence through his inability to ask or explain things. There's no context as to why he can't explain Return by Death. Even if it's a valid reason the series doesn't do a good job showing why.
May 18, 2016 9:07 PM

Oct 2015
mmccaskill said:

It's mainly the protagonists. The witch's scent thing is a stupid ass excuse. Subaru is the worst detective in existence through his inability to ask or explain things. There's no context as to why he can't explain Return by Death. Even if it's a valid reason the series doesn't do a good job showing why.

Did you drop the anime before seeing episode 7? Because if so, then you would never understand why Subaru cannot ask nor explain things. Problem with some people is, they aren't patient enough.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2016 9:20 PM
Feb 2008
SCAR101 said:
mmccaskill said:

Did you drop the anime before seeing episode 7? Because if so, then you would never understand why Subaru cannot ask nor explain things. Problem with some people is, they aren't patient enough.

I watched episode 7 and it still did not give context to anything. You tell me if we watched the same anime. Because it's not like he's an expert on Return By Death and how it works - at this point as far as I know. All it showed was that after explaining it it looked like he would die.

Which had no context. This anime's biggest problem is having no context within the mystery it's trying to craft. Like why Subaru even runs away. There's no 'Watson' in this anime and if context is part of the mystery it fails as a basic story.

Patience has nothing to do with it. No one should be this confused about any story 7 episodes in.
May 18, 2016 9:31 PM

May 2016
mmccaskill said:
No one should be this confused about any story 7 episodes in.
Well that's your problem. Easy basic spoon fed kiddy story is your forte than that's ok.

The witch scent is not an excuse. The witch was mentioned WAY WAY back in ep 1. Each loop gives the viewers more information of the universe Subaru is in. I'm glad they didn't tell you everything all at once like typical a shounen show. *barf*

The story is extremely well done and the character development is superb. Utterly one of the best if not THE BEST portrayal of human nature I've seen on screen. (It has all the potential to be the next steins gate IF not BETTER)
TeamDalaiLanaMay 18, 2016 9:36 PM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
May 18, 2016 9:38 PM

Dec 2007
mmccaskill said:
SCAR101 said:

I watched episode 7 and it still did not give context to anything. You tell me if we watched the same anime. Because it's not like he's an expert on Return By Death and how it works - at this point as far as I know. All it showed was that after explaining it it looked like he would die.
Watch it again. It was before he explained it that the hand thing came out. Not after. He was explicitly prevented from saying what he intended to say.

And if you need to drop, do so. There seems to be an indication that you're not into this type of series, which poses questions before answering them, rather than one that hints at (or even spoon feeds) answers before the questions are posed.
May 18, 2016 9:42 PM
Feb 2008
TeamDalaiLana said:
mmccaskill said:
No one should be this confused about any story 7 episodes in.
Well that's your problem. Easy basic spoon fed kiddy story is your forte than that's ok.

The witch scent is not an excuse. The witch was mentioned WAY WAY back in ep 1. Each loops give the viewers more information of the universe Subaru is in. I'm glad they didn't tell you everything all at once like typical a shounen show. *barf*

Here we go. *sigh*
I would like to take the time to let you know that you and the person above responded to me.

A story without context is a objectively a bad story. Sorry you don't get that. That doesn't mean I or anyone else enjoy spoonfed stories.

When I mean context I mean some inherent common sense. Like what the Witch's scent is. It's not part of the mystery and if it were why bring it up. If someone said I have the witch's scent on me I would ASK WHAT THAT IS.
Exposition doesn't hurt sometimes. Especially if it's framed unprovoked.

Again if exposition/context is part of the mystery then it's bad writing. It feels like it's being made up as it goes along.

I guess I have to do this. Maybe I'm not talking to other adults but if you like this show. Good for you. I only came here to express as to why I'm PERSONALLY letting the show go and my faults with it. I hope this forum isn't an echo chamber of positivity.
May 18, 2016 9:52 PM
Feb 2008
ErwinJA said:
mmccaskill said:

Watch it again. It was before he explained it that the hand thing came out. Not after. He was explicitly prevented from saying what he intended to say.

And if you need to drop, do so. There seems to be an indication that you're not into this type of series, which poses questions before answering them, rather than one that hints at (or even spoon feeds) answers before the questions are posed.

I did and I know what I read and saw and heard (since I don't need subs). That's probably true. It's not my kind of anime but that doesn't mean I didn't give it a chance.
May 18, 2016 10:05 PM

Mar 2010
mmccaskill said:

When I mean context I mean some inherent common sense. Like what the Witch's scent is. It's not part of the mystery and if it were why bring it up. If someone said I have the witch's scent on me I would ASK WHAT THAT IS.
Exposition doesn't hurt sometimes. Especially if it's framed unprovoked..

Except it is part of mystery because that is why Rem mistrusts him as said herself. It's Subaru's job to delve into that when he's able to.

And just because something not immediately answered (and why would tell Rem tell Subaru what it is if she already believes he's part of cult anyway?) doesn't you will not get an answer. That would be last thing on Subaru's mind at the moment with him still trying accept the reality of what is happening.

The reader should not ever demand answers from the author, he or she the givens answer when they feel it's appropriate to reveal them in the most natural way. That's how any story telling works. There no reason to think the witch scent would not be important, Subaru still not little about his situation or this world to begin so why should it be a surprise he would accused of things he would not know? Nobody knows he's form another world to begin with and much less believe him if told them.

Besides your given enough context that Witch's scent is bad going by Rem's and Betty's words and what we know about Satella. We obviously going to find out more, but your hardly left without a rope here. It's hard speculate your answers before your told.
Iron_MawMay 18, 2016 10:16 PM
May 18, 2016 10:19 PM
Feb 2008
Rem's attack on Subaru due to speculations is in itself dumb regardless of the reason unless it was the truth. I'm used to stories were people jump to conclusion but I'll say it till I'm blue in the face. There was no context as to why other than some "smell" Which is being passed off as nothing by the hero. He heard it twice with in mere minutes by 2 different people. One of which who is aware of his reversing time.

A phrase...that seems very important so it seems pretty pertinent to address what it is. If Subaru has time to act like silly guy with what appears to be some ambiguous disorder he has time to address things that can actually help him out of this predicament.

That isn't demanding anything out of author, it's simply expecting the author to make sense. Knowing something is bad isn't context btw. : o
May 18, 2016 10:31 PM

Mar 2010
mmccaskill said:
Rem's attack on Subaru due to speculations is in itself dumb regardless of the reason unless it was the truth. I'm used to stories were people jump to conclusion but I'll say it till I'm blue in the face. There was no context as to why other than some "smell" Which is being passed off as nothing by the hero. He heard it twice with in mere minutes by 2 different people. One of which who is aware of his reversing time.

A phrase...that seems very important so it seems pretty pertinent to address what it is. If Subaru has time to act like silly guy with what appears to be some ambiguous disorder he has time to address things that can actually help him out of this predicament.

That isn't demanding anything out of author, it's simply expecting the author to make sense. Knowing something is bad isn't context btw. : o

Look like I said again you have all context you need without the author spelling everything out immediately. Don't blame the author if aren't going to bother looking at the foreshadowing. And no it's not mere speculation, anyone who has the witch's scent is definitely involved with a witch whether they know about it or not. That already prove by the episode itself when dark hand attacks Subaru for even trying to mention the existence of his power and Betty's conversation with him. Those are the fact that readily available in the anime.

The only real questions are what Rem's past with Witch Cult the would make her react that way, who is Satella exactly and who is causing the curse. And Subaru obviously doesn't asks questions at first because he's suffering from PSTD at the moment. How let the poor guy recover his witts first?

All the setup has been layed down so don't even tell me even now that you can't see that after I've put it out for you, because if not then drop the show.

And Betty doesn't even know about him his ability reverse time, where did you get that from?
Iron_MawMay 18, 2016 11:33 PM
May 18, 2016 10:39 PM

May 2016

The witch herself and the smell have been addressed multiple times spanning different episodes.

Rem/Ram suspicion started way back in episode 4.

I seriously wonder the attention span of people. Honestly, I don't feel the need to spend my energy explaining things any further.
TeamDalaiLanaMay 18, 2016 10:46 PM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
May 18, 2016 10:46 PM
Feb 2008
T
TeamDalaiLana said:

The witch herself and the smell has been addressed multiple times spanning different episodes.

Rem/Ram suspicion started way back in episode 4.

I seriously wonder the attention span of people.

If it was brought up in episodes before then that's fine. I sometimes worry about the attention span of other people too. You seem to be under the confusion of - yet again - what I meant by context. The smell of the witch and witch herself were brought up but never discussed or talked about.

Even the question "Why do you smell her on me" is so vague to ask as it is as question. What's worse the response is: "Who knows". And I concede that she says that Subaru receives preferential treatment from her. Which is distinctly the most anyone has every said anything that could be conferred as a contextual hook.

Please get off of your high horse. No one demanded your explanation. Present your case and let it speak for yourself.
mmccaskillMay 18, 2016 10:55 PM
May 18, 2016 10:50 PM

Mar 2010
Poor excuse for not paying attention. I get it, your the type who doesn't like to admit when he's wrong. If you can't handle the fact that author will set certain things up as mysteries and reveal more the world as the story goes on then just drop it. Cause you aren't getting info dump and after info dump about everything about single like some crappy LN.
Iron_MawMay 18, 2016 10:56 PM
May 18, 2016 11:03 PM
Feb 2008
Jagd84 said:
Poor excuse for not paying attention. I get it, your the type doesn't like to admit when he's wrong. If you can't handle the fact that author will set certain things up as mysteries and reveal more the world as the story goes on then just drop it. Cause aren't getting info dump and after info dump about everything about single like some crappy LN.

Congrats on your not tagging quote so you can last word your response in.

Anyways. "I get it, you're not the type [who] doesn't like to admit when he's wrong" - read post just above your latest one. Where I do concede that there IS some context.

I basically said that after episode 7 I will drop it. Which. I have. Good job with the silliness of the argument "Don't like, Don't watch".

You cannot string straws together about what I like and think it's some victory won. I don't like info dumps, I made that perfectly clear. I made - at least what I felt - are some legitimate concerns. I don't think it was a matter of: "Ugh I hate this and just because I hate this and you should hate it to be because I hate."

Basically...don't lose sleep over it.
May 18, 2016 11:27 PM

Mar 2010
Except you haven't. You say don't like to be spoonfed so the author doesn't instead leaves foreshadow and context clues by both dialogue and characters reactions. You ignore all of them to whine about there being no context when it is there and nearly everyone from manga readers to anime watchers have able to grasp them.

That fact you even mistaken Betty about knowing about his time loops shows don't pay attention to what's onscreen as much as you think. At this point multiple posters including me have shown the context behind the characters without revealing the full story, if still going be willfully ignorant then this conversation is done. I don't care pointless circular argument where I feel like talking a brick wall no matter how point things out. I've said my piece so I'm out.
Iron_MawMay 18, 2016 11:46 PM
May 18, 2016 11:55 PM
Feb 2008
Jagd84 said:
Except you haven't. You say don't like to be spoonfed so the author doesn't instead leaves foreshadow and context clues by both dialogue and characters reactions. You ignore all of them to whine about there being no context when it is there and nearly everyone from manga readers to anime watchers have able to grasp them.

That fact you even mistaken Betty about knowing about his time loops shows don't pay attention to what's onscreen as much as you think. At this point multiple posters including me have shown the context behind the characters without revealing the full story, if still going be willfully ignorant then this conversation is done. I don't care pointless circular argument where I feel like talking a brick wall no matter how point things out. I've said my piece so I'm out.

Cool. On your way out. 1.) I have. You continue to string straws about who I am what I like and what I said. I don't want to say strawman but yeah. You've built yourself one and you're simply sweating from all of that hardwork.

2.) I don't think I've mistaken Betty and the time loops. She did make it clear that they had met once before confirming that she is somewhat aware of the phenomenon even if she doesn't know what it is. Even if I were wrong on that note, that somehow affects my argument how. Oh wait the argument from ignorance thing. "You don't know what you're talking about in scenario B, so you're wrong about EVERY scenario"

3.) Finally. Good day.
May 19, 2016 9:24 AM

Apr 2014
mmccaskill said:

2.) I don't think I've mistaken Betty and the time loops. She did make it clear that they had met once before confirming that she is somewhat aware of the phenomenon even if she doesn't know what it is.

Remember that Subaru's loop starts right after Beatrice used her mana drain on him. This is why she has some memory of him.

Subaru wakes up --> Finds Beatrice in the library --> She uses the mana drain --> Subaru passes out and wakes up again.
May 19, 2016 9:38 AM

Nov 2013
It's like the entire story hasn't been told, or something. It's like there's a new episode on monday.
May 19, 2016 10:15 AM

Apr 2015
BonerBender said:
It's like the entire story hasn't been told, or something. It's like there's a new episode on monday.

You're actually completely accurate with that. We don't get the whole story told right away. Many things only make sense after some revelations later on. The way the author writes his early parts of the story actually require you to draw connections non stop.

For example an attentively viewer can already draw many connections that you won't even come up with if you just casually watch the episodes.
May 19, 2016 10:30 AM
Feb 2008
Ninjasander said:
mmccaskill said:

2.) I don't think I've mistaken Betty and the time loops. She did make it clear that they had met once before confirming that she is somewhat aware of the phenomenon even if she doesn't know what it is.

Remember that Subaru's loop starts right after Beatrice used her mana drain on him. This is why she has some memory of him.

Subaru wakes up --> Finds Beatrice in the library --> She uses the mana drain --> Subaru passes out and wakes up again.

That could be the case. Still no connection between the mana drain and her being aware of him after Return by Death kicks in but I could see that.
May 19, 2016 10:34 AM
Feb 2008
BonerBender said:

Another person who doesn't understand what I meant by context. Ah well. It's being confused with wanting the story handed to me. i.e. spoonfed.

I'll say it again. That's not what I mean and that's not what I want.
May 19, 2016 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
mmccaskill said:
Ninjasander said:

That could be the case. Still no connection between the mana drain and her being aware of him after Return by Death kicks in but I could see that.

That does not seem to be the case, it is the case. Because she herself tells Subaru that they met before he woke up the second time.

And as far I am aware, she has no idea of his Return by Death. Not sure what she exactly meant to do with her mana drain, but if I had to guess it was to test if he was a mage. If he had large amounts of mana, he could be a potential dangerous enemy, but since he doesn't she disregarded him as some pleb.

I have to agree with the others in one thing though. I've been around long enough to know a person who doesn't admit that he's wrong no matter what. That comment "that could be the case" just nails the fact that you won't admit that you are wrong (or even may be wrong) no matter how much people counter argument. That kind of behavior is quite frankly toxic in any community (no wonder how MAL forums just keep getting worse)
removed-userMay 19, 2016 2:43 PM
May 19, 2016 3:57 PM
Feb 2008
JCAPER said:
mmccaskill said:

That does not seem to be the case, it is the case. Because she herself tells Subaru that they met before he woke up the second time.

And as far I am aware, she has no idea of his Return by Death. Not sure what she exactly meant to do with her mana drain, but if I had to guess it was to test if he was a mage. If he had large amounts of mana, he could be a potential dangerous enemy, but since he doesn't she disregarded him as some pleb.

I have to agree with the others in one thing though. I've been around long enough to know a person who doesn't admit that he's wrong no matter what. That comment "that could be the case" just nails the fact that you won't admit that you are wrong (or even may be wrong) no matter how much people counter argument. That kind of behavior is quite frankly toxic in any community (no wonder how MAL forums just keep getting worse)

The whole context argument and the Beatrice things were two different discusions. And the person I respond to was out of pleasantry not out of contentions. When I said: "That could be the case" it isn't because I disagreed with him. I said that it wasn't exactly proof.

Which it isn't. Tell me if these situations are congruent
Betty uses mana drain on Subaru, CONVERSELY Betty remembers Subaru?
Can I get proof where she proclaims this is the reason she remembers him. Because it's not. It IS just speculation. Not there is wrong with that but you seem to be under the impression that your eyes/ears work better.

I haven't insulted anyone - yet - but I guess you're the first muppet to step up and in form of every loving Kruger-Dunning approach. The "you can't admit you're wrong" argument is a really dumb: "Ah ha, I got you!" technique.

If the next thing written isn't "I was wrong" you'll just continue to go: "Ah, see I'm right" and spout your moral high ground rhetoric. I CAN admit I'm wrong when I am. You just seem to jump on a bandwagon and in response to a comment that was only telling me about how Betty remembers Subaru.

Which at this point is ONLY speculation (unless you want to use the excuse Because powerful wizard/mage ). I didn't say he was wrong I said there wasn't proof.

Just like I didn't say YOU are wrong, there isn't proof. Because there isn't. : I
May 19, 2016 4:13 PM
Jul 2018
The whole context argument and the Beatrice things were two different discusions. And the person I respond to was out of pleasantry not out of contentions. When I said: "That could be the case" it isn't because I disagreed with him. I said that it wasn't exactly proof.

Can I get proof where she proclaims this is the reason she remembers him. Because it's not. It IS just speculation. Not there is wrong with that but you seem to be under the impression that your eyes/ears work better.

Go watch again the first 2 minutes of episode 5 when he respawns for the first time in the mansion. The first thing he confirms is if the respawn takes place when he woke up for the first time (before he met Beatrice) or the second time (after he met Beatrice). She remembers him because the respawn takes place after they met, so she obviously remembers him. The mana drain has nothing to do with her remembering him, they just met before the respawn. It's as simple as it can get, making any speculations about it would be the same as speculating that the store guy put a spell on the protagonist to respawn there in the first arc.

As for the rest of the comment, nice arguments but wrongly placed. I'm not joining any bandwagon I'm just calling out BS.
May 19, 2016 4:20 PM

Apr 2015
mmccaskill said:

Can I get proof where she proclaims this is the reason she remembers him.

B: "How are you breaking through my door crossing?"

S: "You said I broke through Door Crossing last time and now right?

B: "I just teased you about it, three or four hours ago, for being so insensitive"

S: "If this is the second time I've woken up in the mansion, then you remember me, right?"

B: "If I could, I'd rather erase you from my memory"

I don't know how they can shove it clearer into your face than that. Note that this conversation happens in episode 5 after Subaru has died once, meaning everything has been reset once too. Not only is the moving of the checkpoint made clear with that but the show also clarifies that the reason Beatrice remembers him his due to their first meeting that ended with the mana drain in episode 4. Oh and to top it off this conversation even leads Subaru to the conclusion that the "checkpoint" has been moved forward. Since Beatrice remembering him is used as the evidence for that conclusion we can safely assume that this the truth and it is backed up as such.

Sorry but you can't get it clearer than this. And no don't expect a "I remember you because of our first meeting and not because I'm not affected by your time loops" line from her because a certain black hand prohibits any conversation involving the loop power.
FappaMay 19, 2016 4:28 PM
May 19, 2016 4:33 PM
Feb 2008
Fappa said:
mmccaskill said:

Can I get proof where she proclaims this is the reason she remembers him.

B: "How are you breaking through my door crossing?"

S: "You said I broke through Door Crossing last time and now right?

B: "I just teased you about it, three or four hours ago, for being so insensitive"

S: "If this is the second time I've woken up in the mansion, then you remember me, right?"

B: "If I could, I'd rather erase you from my memory"

I don't know how they can shove it clearer into your face than that. Note that this conversation happens in loop 5 after Subaru has died once meaning everything reset once. Not only is the moving of the checkpoint made clear with that but the show also clarifies that the reason Beatrice remembers him his due to their first meeting that ended with the mana drain in episode 4. Oh and to top it off this conversation also leads Subaru to the conclusion that the "checkpoint" has been moved forward. Since Beatrice remembering because of that is used a sole evidence here we can safely assume that this is the reason. Done

Sorry but you can't get it clearer than this. And no don't expect a "I remember you because of our first meeting and not because I'm not affected by your time loops" line from her because a certain black hand prohibits any conversation involving the loop power.

I did just watch this. That's not conclusive. You even admit that this is what you're assuming. I have to make this analogy simple now. Mana Drain ! = Remember Subaru. Maybe but no one explicitly stated that it is nor is it implied. You are inferring that is the case.

The checkpoint of Return by Death may have changed but that's it. I think you're trying to get me to see something that's clearly NOT BEING SHOWN or SAID. Only speculated.
May 19, 2016 4:45 PM
Jul 2018
I think you're trying to get me to see something that's clearly NOT BEING SHOWN or SAID. Only speculated.

Thank you for proving me right @mmccaskill.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'd rather go talk with a wall. It might not hear what I say, but it also won't insult everyone's intelligence by closing its ears and screaming lalala.
May 19, 2016 4:45 PM

Apr 2015
mmccaskill said:

I did just watch this. That's not conclusive. You even admit that this is what you're assuming. I have to make this analogy simple now. Mana Drain ! = Remember Subaru. Maybe but no one explicitly stated that it is nor is it implied. You are inferring that is the case.

The checkpoint of Return by Death may have changed but that's it. I think you're trying to get me to see something that's clearly NOT BEING SHOWN or SAID. Only speculated.

Maybe "safely assuming" was the wrong wording I'm sorry, let me rephrase it "it is the case".

Beatrice literally says herself that the reason she remembers him is because "she teased him three or four hours ago" after Subaru asks her. The show clarifies it like that because it can't talk about it word by word because of said hand.

Um, do you see those two speculate? All Subaru does is getting a clarification from her. How is that not being shown or said?

If he said something like "Maybe the reason she treats me like she knows me is because she remembers our first meeting. This means my checkpoint has changed" in a monologue then yeah that would have been mere speculations, I agree. But Subaru actively gets clarification from Beatrice in an open dialogue. His speculations which we don't even get to see immediately get their backup that proves them through Beatrice's answers.

Look, I really try to refrain from putting spoilers in my reasoning which would only back up my point. I don't because it isn't necessary, it's just delivered in such a direct way to you, the viewer.
FappaMay 19, 2016 4:51 PM
May 19, 2016 5:04 PM
Feb 2008
JCAPER said:
I think you're trying to get me to see something that's clearly NOT BEING SHOWN or SAID. Only speculated.

Thank you for proving me right @mmccaskill.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'd rather go talk with a wall. It might not hear what I say, but it also won't insult everyone's intelligence by closing its ears and screaming lalala.

Have fun. That quote ended with "speculated" btw.
May 19, 2016 5:05 PM
Feb 2008
Fappa said:
mmccaskill said:

Maybe "safely assuming" was the wrong wording I'm sorry, let me rephrase it "it is the case".

Beatrice literally says herself that the reason she remembers him is because "she teased him three or four hours ago" after Subaru asks her. The show clarifies it like that because it can't talk about it word by word because of said hand.

Um, do you see those two speculate? All Subaru does is getting a clarification from her. How is that not being shown or said?

If he said something like "Maybe the reason she treats me like she knows me is because she remembers our first meeting. This means my checkpoint has changed" in a monologue then yeah that would have been mere speculations, I agree. But Subaru actively gets clarification from Beatrice in an open dialogue. His speculations which we don't even get to see immediately get their backup that proves them through Beatrice's answers.

Look, I really try to refrain from putting spoilers in my reasoning which would only back up my point. I don't because it isn't necessary, it's just delivered in such a direct way to you, the viewer.

I guess I don't see it. (Because it didn't actually happen) Sorry
May 19, 2016 5:42 PM
Feb 2008
ColdBreeze said:
Hm, I don't think this thread is about Beatrice.

But yeah, it happened. You won't see more of it because it was fairly obvious since episode 5.

Looks like everyone else gets it too so I really don't know what bothers you. She remembers him, yes. But the reason was shown.

I don't say your assumption is wrong, it could be right but as everyone else said she doesn't know more then everyone else. That's how it is.

If you want to discuss this further please create a thread for this because this thread here is the wrong one.

*sigh* I'm not the one who brought up that topic. You continued it and now you're declaring it the end by saying go talk about it elsewhere. Granted that is correct. It's off topic. I don't have more to say on it - dude with a gif related to the show in his signature - though. : o
May 19, 2016 6:53 PM
Apr 2011
Aw, missed the discussion before it ended. :(
May 19, 2016 7:46 PM
Mar 2016
mmccaskill said:

The turtle-slowness of showing the reasons of these mysteries, the jarring switch between comedy and serious, and the stupidity of our MC really made these impatient and intolerant hatetards shun the show. This MC is not your typical cliche amazing man with unnecessary plot armor. He is your Shinji like stupid character.
May 19, 2016 8:22 PM

Mar 2010
Don't find Subaru really stupid ( I agree with being impulsive sometimes) in fact he's smarter most average people and definitely thinks things through most of the time..

That aside this topic has clearly run it's course, there no point in arguing with someone this dense and defensive.
Iron_MawMay 20, 2016 3:40 AM
May 19, 2016 8:44 PM
Feb 2008
crx07 said:
mmccaskill said:

The turtle-slowness of showing the reasons of these mysteries, the jarring switch between comedy and serious, and the stupidity of our MC really made these impatient and intolerant hatetards shun the show. This MC is not your typical cliche amazing man with unnecessary plot armor. He is your Shinji like stupid character.

Disliking a protagonist is not a dumb reason for disliking a show, no matter how you yourself feel about him. If you like him good for you.
May 20, 2016 1:38 AM
Mar 2016
mmccaskill said:
crx07 said:

Disliking a protagonist is not a dumb reason for disliking a show, no matter how you yourself feel about him. If you like him good for you.
I didn't say hating a show because of hating an MC is dumb. I just say that there are fanatical hate-tards out there. I hope you're not the one. It's understandable for impatient ones to hate the verrry slow exposition of truths. I also don't like Subaru. Who likes him? He's not our typical OP character (in terms of power, intelligence, luck, etc) like most anime out there or a philosophical MC like in Oregairu. The problem of Subaru is he is too slow in finding out the smartest and most appropriate goal.I think, when he has a goal in mind, he knows how to think to actualize his goal, but his goals themselves make him look stupid.
"Subaru is the worst detective in existence through his inability to ask or explain things." - He does not know that it is an effective method. Also he learned this thing very late. Even I learned it later in life because even I'm not a loner, I act like a loner. Also this is not a detective story. Also his goals are ridiculous like being with Emilia, dating with Emilia, everything selfishly Emilia. Ep7 made him wake up to his reality.
" There's no context as to why he can't explain Return by Death." - He cannot explain his situation because of that curse preventing him to do so. Don't ask me why. This is the beauty of this show, many unknowns. But this is also the drawback of this show, too many unknowns.
"Even if it's a valid reason the series doesn't do a good job showing why." - Yes. The show failed to show it to the viewers that are not paying attention, so the show must made this more interesting so the viewers will really pay attention.
" The witch's scent thing is a stupid ass excuse." - The show failed to explain this clearly to the stupid minds, so I blame the show.
crx07May 20, 2016 2:36 AM
May 20, 2016 2:20 AM
Mar 2016
ColdBreeze said:
Wait, I'm sure Subaru has some fans O.o
It's mostly because of sympathy. He improved in ep 7 but let's wait if he will be better.
May 20, 2016 2:36 AM
Apr 2011
ColdBreeze said:
crx07 said:
It's mostly because of sympathy. He improved in ep 7 but let's wait if he will be better.
I meant since episode 1. Believe it or not some people do like his cheerful personality. ^^

I like Subaru because that weird disco pose he always does is cool.
May 20, 2016 2:39 AM
Mar 2016
There's slow expositions in this show because there are too many that are hidden. So those who are impatient, either be patient or drop Re:Zero and Kiznaiver.
May 20, 2016 2:44 AM
Mar 2016
ColdBreeze said:
crx07 said:
I meant since episode 1. Believe it or not some people do like his cheerful personality. ^^
I missed the people who likes someone based on personality because I don't care that much about personality, maybe except for hyper genki types.
FononZero said:
I like Subaru because that weird disco pose he always does is cool.
I also missed the people who likes his poses because I don't care about it.
There's so many I missed. Sorry I just can't relate. I only want the story or Re:Zero. Maybe next episode will be on Friday.
May 21, 2016 2:52 AM
May 2016
Hate me if you want.

This is the big spoiler, and answer the question.

May 21, 2016 9:35 AM

Sep 2015
One of the orignal reasons is that Rem/Ram has very high distrust, it gets even worse when "something else" like the smell of witch add more into that distrust.
May 22, 2016 7:07 AM

Jun 2013
Jagd84 said:
Don't find Subaru really stupid ( I agree with being impulsive sometimes) in fact he's smarter most average people and definitely thinks things through most of the time..

That aside this topic has clearly run it's course, there no point in arguing with someone this dense and defensive.

My thoughts exactly.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.