Forum Settings
Forums

Top 10 Manga who may never have an end according to Japanese!

New
May 14, 2016 6:21 AM

Jan 2012

1- Detective Conan

2-One Piece

3 Hunter x Hunter

4 Glass no Kamen

5- Nana

6-Ouke no Monshou

7-X

8 Berserk

9- Yukan Club

10- Bastard!!

---------------------
The survey was conducted among 2,940 Japanese in Goo Ranking
src:http://ranking.goo.ne.jp/ranking/category/026/vote_567/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure why one piece on the list since the author said we are near end.
AllenVonSteinMay 14, 2016 6:25 AM

May 14, 2016 10:03 AM

Jul 2013
one piece will end within the next 15 years (probably much sooner than we think/joke about) and i can see detective conan end with chapter 1000.... (not very likely but definitely possible)

HxH and Berserk: depends on the mangakas health (and motivation). both are ~50 years old and have already taken some hiatus but could finish their manga if they release their chapters more regular

i haven't read the other manga so i can't comment on them
May 14, 2016 11:04 AM

Jan 2015
I think Berserk will end sooner rather than later. At least, I hope that it will!
When not on MAL, here is where you can find me:
Check out my blog
Follow me on Twitter
May 14, 2016 11:48 AM

Jul 2015
Every manga ends . Sooner or later the author dies.If it has a conclusive ending or not is another deal
In terms of conclusive endings , i agree with nana , i disagree with the rest except 4 and 7 which i haven't read.
May 14, 2016 6:42 PM

Jun 2013
I'm quite relieved to see I'm not reading them, or have any interest in them. I don't like long mangas anyway.
May 20, 2016 12:45 PM

May 2014
I think Berserk and One Piece will have a proper ending. I'm not so sure about Hunter X Hunter though
May 21, 2016 1:09 AM

May 2010
Nana has to end one day, otherwise I'll probably die out of curiosity... ;___;

I wouldn't be surprised if X stayed on hiastus forever, it's been 13 years since the last chapter after all, and nowadays CLAMP has a totally different style for their manga... OP on the other hand will definitely have some conclusion, I believe in Oda :>
May 21, 2016 8:32 AM

Oct 2015
Glass Mask will have an end soon
May 21, 2016 9:56 AM
Mar 2015
Nana literally ripped out my heart and stomped on it. The way it left off with no ending because of Ai Yazawa's illness continues to haunt me. It is one of the first manga series I had taken the time to read all the way through and it is the only one I wish I hadn't. I loved it so much that I felt empty after reading the last chapter. With all that said, I am still hopeful that someday it will pick up again.
May 21, 2016 10:06 AM

Feb 2014
what about highschool of the dead?
anyone?
May 21, 2016 12:37 PM

Feb 2013
KurokamiGintoki said:
anyone?

HotD is on another level. People forgot that it even existed.
May 21, 2016 2:07 PM

Jun 2014
One piece is probably on the list because they don't want it to end.

osmanabi said:
KurokamiGintoki said:
anyone?

HotD is on another level. People forgot that it even existed.

Until you said it I did forgot about it lol...
I didn't learn english at school, please be indulgent and help me.
May 21, 2016 2:59 PM

Dec 2009
targa said:
Every manga ends . Sooner or later the author dies. If it has a conclusive ending or not is another deal

Crayon Shin-chan?
ღღღ

"When I started screaming, I finally figured
it out. I had always been afraid of not being
able to see my future. Of not knowing what I
want to do in my life. Of not knowing why I
don't know what I want to do. And of the days
that kept flowing by mercilessly, in spite
of that" - Yuuta Takemoto (Honey and Clover)
May 22, 2016 12:07 AM

Mar 2009
As long as Dragon Quest games come out every few years, Hunter X Hunter will never end. And DQ games are really popular and come out every few years (perhaps a bit more often if you count spinoffs and remakes). So HxH will never end.

Berserk is like the Game of Thrones novels. They're "working on it", but we don't actually expect them to proceed in any sort of timely manner.

Detective Conan probably won't ever end. It's not really meant to apparently.

One Piece will end, assuming the author doesn't die. He has the ending planned apparently, so everything else is having a good time it would seem.

X won't get a real ending, I think CLAMP is rubbing it in that they won't ever finish it or something weird like that.

Nana, maybe. Depends on if the author ever returns to manga in general. Shame Ai Yazawa had to waste time with Stu Levy's Princess Ai pet project instead of her own manga.
May 22, 2016 4:17 AM
May 2016
After several years, hunterxhunter actually is picking back up and he's continuing with the manga, though it'll probably be a while before we get more added to the anime.

As for nana, I agree with some of the posters here. I will always love nana. It hit home for me as a musician; I fell in love with this anime and craved more and actually went and read the manga (which I hardly do because I like hard copies not Internet scans) I always check on the status and hope to randomly see it pop up that it's continuing, to no avail. It's been so long so Idk why I'm holding out hope. This one literally did leave a hole in my heart, especially with how depressing of a note it left off on.
May 22, 2016 4:23 AM

Aug 2008
NANA *HUGE SOB*
I wish it would be continued, but I don't truly think it will ever be *another sob*

Also,

targa said:
Every manga ends . Sooner or later the author dies.If it has a conclusive ending or not is another deal
In terms of conclusive endings , i agree with nana , i disagree with the rest except 4 and 7 which i haven't read.

I kind of get that. I mean, I haven't read the other mangas, to tell the truth, but as far as I can see, in some of the cases it's probably just a matter of time (unless, the author suddenly decides not to continue or is unable to). The question, as well as the clasification, should be put in terms of whether the process is going to be conclusive or not/whether it will ever be ended or not, that's just another business. Whilst I do agree with you when you say that every manga will end eventually because it might never be continued, I think I must point out that, in terms of similar reasoning, a manga never ends. Even if the story seems to have ended, there always could be much more to it (the story never ends). That's why the question should certainly be put in terms of conclusiveness.

I also think Nana will never be continued. AI Yazawa seems to have recuperated her health some years past (though I have no idea if she's in a perfect condition or not) and it's probably really hard to finish a manga she's dropped more than six years ago (albeit it was due to serious reasons /health problems). I do wish the manga would be continued, but I guess the only ending we're ever going to get is our own pathetic speculations. Hooray.
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
May 22, 2016 5:44 AM

Aug 2013
I didn't even know that X is still around. I thought that manga got cancelled when the scans abruptly stopped more than a decade ago.
May 22, 2016 5:47 AM

May 2016
Nana didn't end yet.... shocked.
May 22, 2016 6:03 AM

Jun 2015
Miuchi stated a few years ago that she planned to finish Glass Mask "soon". Hopefully she does, and so we get translations for the last 10 missing tankōbon volumes as well.
May 22, 2016 12:15 PM

Jul 2015
Chou-chan said:
targa said:
Every manga ends . Sooner or later the author dies. If it has a conclusive ending or not is another deal

Crayon Shin-chan?

After yoshito died , the manga finished.
"The NEW Crayon Shin-chan" is not "Crayon Shin-chan".Common guys the hint is in the title
May 24, 2016 7:04 AM

Apr 2010
X is still running? Well, with such melodramatic topic, it's possible.

May 25, 2016 4:14 PM

Dec 2009
targa said:
Chou-chan said:

Crayon Shin-chan?

After yoshito died , the manga finished.
"The NEW Crayon Shin-chan" is not "Crayon Shin-chan".Common guys the hint is in the title

Jup, but they still continued with the story, didn't they?
I think it was out of respect that they finished the previous series and they were right doing that, but it's not that the series is over.
ღღღ

"When I started screaming, I finally figured
it out. I had always been afraid of not being
able to see my future. Of not knowing what I
want to do in my life. Of not knowing why I
don't know what I want to do. And of the days
that kept flowing by mercilessly, in spite
of that" - Yuuta Takemoto (Honey and Clover)
May 26, 2016 9:03 AM

Mar 2016
meomunluoi said:
What makes u so sure.
I believe HxH will reach an end tho. And I wanna believe that Nana will meet a conclusion as well.
yangires > yanderes > tsunderes > other deres
May 26, 2016 9:26 AM

Oct 2015
doitagain said:
meomunluoi said:
What makes u so sure.
I believe HxH will reach an end tho. And I wanna believe that Nana will meet a conclusion as well.

a special chapter about Valentine has just been released since last month(but it said not thing about the main story). The author also said on TV that volume 50 will be released this year i hope it was true
May 26, 2016 9:34 AM

Mar 2016
@meomunluoi omg! Heh, I don't wanna get myself excited just yet tho. But if GM returns, that'll be awesome (tho there are no scanlations post vol 36 or 37 anyway. I can only hope that there'd be some summary of v50 when it's comes into existence.)
yangires > yanderes > tsunderes > other deres
May 26, 2016 11:34 AM

Oct 2015
doitagain said:
@meomunluoi omg! Heh, I don't wanna get myself excited just yet tho. But if GM returns, that'll be awesome (tho there are no scanlations post vol 36 or 37 anyway. I can only hope that there'd be some summary of v50 when it's comes into existence.)

In vol 41 and 42 i was truly disappointed but in nearest volumes (48 and 49) the stories are going exactly what i was expected. Can't wait until v50!
May 26, 2016 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
I think its fair to say Clamp isn't going to come anywhere near X after the mess they have left it in.

Berserk will end depending on the health and enthusiasm of Miura, and chances are the ending will be pretty mediocre.

The only one that really deserves a proper, proper ending from the list is Nana. So naturally we'll never get one...
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

375 by YahwehTzVaoth »»
5 hours ago

» 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MRC_mod - Jan 20

151 by Armandoriel »»
7 hours ago

» When will be the next chapter of One punch Man released ?

MagrMal - Today

1 by Alexioos95 »»
8 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

21 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:55 PM

» Manga Wisdom for the Ages ( 1 2 )

Nekoburger - Aug 9, 2023

52 by Luxology »»
Yesterday, 5:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.