Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 14, 2016 9:11 AM

Dec 2014
RaidenHUN said:
Nuvviveji said:
Yeah, he probably was able to bypass the RC Scan Gate because he was a one-eyed ghoul, not because he's a member of V.

As Eto explained RC gates have nothing to do with half-ghouls. She and Kaneki was able to bypass it because they have a special patern of RC cells.
/Not to mention that Eto and Furuta has most likely higher RC lvl. than any ghoul just like Kaneki does.
I was being sarcastic, since he said that because he was a one-eyed ghoul he was able to do all those things, not because he was a part of V.
May 14, 2016 9:22 AM

May 2014
Nuvviveji said:
RaidenHUN said:

As Eto explained RC gates have nothing to do with half-ghouls. She and Kaneki was able to bypass it because they have a special patern of RC cells.
/Not to mention that Eto and Furuta has most likely higher RC lvl. than any ghoul just like Kaneki does.
I was being sarcastic, since he said that because he was a one-eyed ghoul he was able to do all those things, not because he was a part of V.

Ah, ok.
I think this is easy to miss, for someone who doesn't pay much attention to the plot, since before Eto's dialoge it was belived that they was able to bypass just because of the fact that they are half ghouls.
May 14, 2016 9:28 AM

Dec 2014
RaidenHUN said:
Nuvviveji said:

Ah, ok.
I think this is easy to miss, for someone who doesn't pay much attention to the plot, since before Eto's dialoge it was belived that they was able to bypass just because of the fact that they are half ghouls.
Yeah, it is kind of easy to miss due to the amount of story points that have been explained in a short amount of time, so we kind of oversaturated with all the information we've gotten. Makes us forget things that happened just a few chapters ago.
May 14, 2016 10:23 AM

Apr 2016
WOW! Even Furuta is a half-ghoul?? This is probably one of those experiments like the CCG did on Quinx. Since -according to Eto- Furuta is from/associated with the Washuu family, they probably wouldn't have had one of their people mix with a ghoul. =S

I LOL-ed when Furuta ran away from Eto!! It was cruel of Furuta to have those other investigators die like that. He really doesn't care much about the lives of others. ~___~ But since he's getting his kagune ready and we see his eye change in colour, I take it that he has confidence that he can fight with Eto.

I just hope that Kaneki defeats Arima!! I don't understand how a mere human could be SOO strong!!

What happened to Touka, Hinami, Yomo, Ayato, and Banjou and his crew??

I'm confused with what Kaneki said in reference to Rize and Hide...so in a way, it was Kaneki himself creating illusions of Hide and Rize talking to him. Basically, he can't guarantee whether the two of them (Hide especially) are alive or dead(?) Kaneki needed some kind of encouragement to continue living. Yet part of him is debating because he didn't think he'd survive against Arima nor did he really WANT to fight against Arima. <-- I feel like I'm missing something here... But overall, the bigger question is what Kaneki REALLY wants. Even though he plans to take up time for his friends to escape, does he want to reunite with them later? Having him die when they -Touka- were expecting him to come back would be cruel. .______.
Cloe900311May 14, 2016 10:32 AM
May 14, 2016 10:32 AM
Oct 2010
Cloe900311 said:
WOW! Even Furuta is a half-ghoul?? This is probably one of those experiments like the CCG did on Quinx. Since -according to Eto- Furuta is from/associated with the Washuu family, they probably wouldn't have had one of their people mix with a ghoul. =S

I LOL-ed when Furuta ran away from Eto!! It was cruel of Furuta to have those other investigators die like that. He really doesn't care much about the lives of others. ~___~ But since he's getting his kagune ready and we see his eye change in colour, I take it that he has confidence that he can fight with Eto.

I just hope that Kaneki defeats Arima!! I don't understand how a mere human could be SOO strong!!

What happened to Touka, Hinami, Yomo, Ayato, and Banjou and his crew??

I'm confused with what Kaneki said in reference to Rize and Hide...so in a way, it was Kaneki himself creating illusions of Hide and Rize talking to him, right? Basically, he can't guarantee whether the two of them (Hide especially) are alive or dead?

You first see him as Souta, who was part of the Clowns' ghouls, so that was to be expected sooner or later. Concerning the Washuu clan, you should have seen the revelations concerning Eto's last novel.

Ayato realized Eto's rampage before they came so they are still here. And Kaneki isn't creating illusions... the hallucinations are formed because of him constantly fighting between life and death.
Renne-BrightMay 14, 2016 10:54 AM
May 14, 2016 10:45 AM

Apr 2016
UKCS_Covenant said:
You first see him as Souma, who was part of the Clowns' ghouls, so that was to be expected sooner or later. Concerning the Washuu clan, you should have seen the revelations concerning Eto's last novel.

Ayato realized Eto's rampage so they are still here. And Kaneki isn't creating illusions... the hallucinations are formed because of him constantly fighting between life and death.

OH right! I completely forgot about the Souma thing! The villains in Eto's last novel are the human organization (Washuu clan) who are secretly working with ghouls to control the world. It's safe to say Furuta is one of those ghouls, but we basically got to sit around and wait for more answers...

I was wondering where in that building they were. Safe to say they're hiding or watching the battle. x)
It was really interesting to see Hide in Kaneki's hallucination for a change in the last chapter, and not Rize or his younger-self-with-white-hair! Seeing Hide actually made me hopeful that he may still be alive.

Thanks for answering!
Cloe900311May 14, 2016 10:48 AM
May 14, 2016 11:17 AM

Oct 2014
Furuta is seriously my favorite character
family secret technique- NimuDAAAAAAASH
that last panel had my jaw wide open
"My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where the villas are, and i am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and i get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but i occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get 8 hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last checkup."
May 14, 2016 12:04 PM

Jan 2015
Pretty interesting chapter, especially the Eto vs. Furuta parts. Hopefully we can see what Eto can do with just her base Kagune and also finally find out how strong Furuta is.

Kaneki vs. Arima continued as I expected but was Arima bleeding on his arm there on page 5? If so has he ever been injured to that extent before?

Double pages were nice, brought an epic feel to the chapter at times.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 14, 2016 12:19 PM

Aug 2014
Lmao at Furuta's lines this chapter.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
May 14, 2016 12:24 PM
Jan 2014
Damn Furuta what a troll.
May 14, 2016 12:39 PM

Nov 2014
Man tokyo ghoul is on fire, these past few chapters have been the best. Re is doing far better than the original, I'm loving this.
May 14, 2016 1:08 PM

Oct 2013
THIS CHAPTER WAS SO DELIGHTFUL
I can't express how great this chapter was!

> Furuta best boy
> Eto best girl
> Arima sugar daddy

I love this manga
May 14, 2016 1:18 PM

Jan 2010
I can't give this chapter more than a 2/5. There was so little substance to this chapter. The art was great though I will give it that but as far as story progression I feel like we haven't really moved between the last two chapters. I can't help but feel like we should have been given something more in this chapter.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

May 14, 2016 1:47 PM

Oct 2014
I mean it was obvious there'd be ghouls workin for CCG ever since Arima appeared but when he furuta said there was a unique roast for special investigators I was like "cause Arima"
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
May 14, 2016 4:29 PM
Sep 2014
This means anything?
May 14, 2016 4:37 PM

Dec 2015
Cool chapter. Good art of Kaneki just before he began fighting again. Looking like he finally understands where he is coming from. Eto possibly going to fight as Eto and not the Owl?
I do wonder where Amon fits in, is he still just chilling outside?
May 14, 2016 4:44 PM

Mar 2014
Lol, plot twist, Amon is undercover for the CCG higher ups via V

That was interesting. His secret's finally out. We've all known this for so long! Even a non-close reader like me.
Looking forward to Kaneki's character development now, I just hope he manages to survive through some plot protection/miracle
May 14, 2016 5:39 PM

Jan 2015
Furuta is so weird holy sht

May 14, 2016 5:51 PM

Feb 2016
Loved this chapter!

- Furuta is the best. He can be anyone and none at the same time. I really want to know what kind of experiments are going on in the ghoul world, and the link between Furuta and Kanou too.

- Ken finally found the will to survive in himself! After the whole "Haise phase" I think this is the most positive attitude we've seen in Kaneki since a long time
May 14, 2016 6:04 PM

Sep 2014
Holy shit, Furuta is a Half-ghoul...
Well, Eto did not see that coming
Can't wait for more Kaneki vs Arima, Eto vs Furuta
Mutsuki are you okay??????? ;____;i
May 14, 2016 7:05 PM

Oct 2013
I hope Mutsuki dies <3
May 14, 2016 7:20 PM

Nov 2011
Furuta is probably artificial one eyed ghoul like Kaneki. The fact that he is half-ghoul probably is a secret even to V. You can see that he only revealed his ghoul's power when every V agents is dead. We know Furuta allied himself with Kanou already but we never really know why, it might be that he just want to be ghoul himself or something.

May 14, 2016 8:54 PM

Mar 2015
KaiserNazrin said:
Furuta is probably artificial one eyed ghoul like Kaneki. The fact that he is half-ghoul probably is a secret even to V. You can see that he only revealed his ghoul's power when every V agents is dead. We know Furuta allied himself with Kanou already but we never really know why, it might be that he just want to be ghoul himself or something.

That's an interesting theory! If it were true it'd really turn Furuta into a well fleshed out character. I thought he was very boring up until now, funny sure, but otherwise bland. Considering he was involved with Rize's capture and he appears to be a Rinkaku user, that actually has a decent chance of being the case. And if he was just pretending to be a ghoul up until that point, that would make him ridiculously ballsy.
May 15, 2016 2:19 AM

Nov 2014
Wow, Furata is actually a half-ghoul himself! I bet no one saw that coming :O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2016 5:57 AM

Aug 2014
ma103 said:
Z4k said:

Only those can bypass the gate who are a member of V or has Rize's kakuhou.

Funny thing is some dude actually argue this is a plot hole when only one-eyed ghouls being the exception to the RC gate before the Rize kakuhou explanation. Some people just need to be patient whenever they are judging Ishida's writing.

I couldn't agree more. Not everything needs to be explained right away.

Kvothe51 said:

Kaneki sliced him up into meat a few chapters ago.
MangaKingMay 15, 2016 6:05 AM
May 15, 2016 7:08 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This chapter was heavy in double pages so the chapter felt really short. Great chapter though and Furuta's so awesome, lol.

5/5
May 15, 2016 8:24 AM

Oct 2013
Or Furuta was turned into a ghoul by artificial means while Kanou was in CCG or the Washuus are a family of ghouls
May 15, 2016 8:57 AM
Jul 2018
physicschild said:
I hope Mutsuki dies <3

I hope she lives as she has more depth in her character than the other quinx. Urie can go.
May 15, 2016 10:38 AM

Oct 2013
taro said:
physicschild said:
I hope Mutsuki dies <3

I hope she lives as she has more depth in her character than the other quinx. Urie can go.

Noooooo! Urie is the best quinx
May 15, 2016 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
physicschild said:
taro said:

He has got some development, but is still quite static. He's also edgelord in a non-entertaining way (expect when he got told).

Still not as bad as Kirishimas.
May 15, 2016 11:52 AM

Aug 2014
NIMU-DASH!!

Truly the MVP of this series.
May 15, 2016 11:59 AM

Nov 2014
MangaKing said:
ma103 said:

Funny thing is some dude actually argue this is a plot hole when only one-eyed ghouls being the exception to the RC gate before the Rize kakuhou explanation. Some people just need to be patient whenever they are judging Ishida's writing.

Kvothe51 said:

What's your point?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2016 12:36 PM

Dec 2015
LOSER LOSER LOSER LOSER LOSER LOSER

Can Furuta please go fuck himself?

Oh and please Arima can you stop playing with Kaneki? it's painful to watch ;o
"I'm not gonna die, I've got a cat that's waiting for me at home"

May 15, 2016 12:46 PM

Dec 2013
skwok-raven said:
Everyone is a half-ghoul now, seriously.

This exactly............
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
May 15, 2016 1:30 PM

Sep 2014
Whole Furuta situation was so predictable.
Would be cooler if Ishida just killed him off, like Eto biting his head off or something, oh well.
May 15, 2016 7:23 PM

Aug 2014
Kvothe51 said:
MangaKing said:

What's your point?

Wait, my bad. Hinami fatally injured him. The point is that a normal human wouldn't be able to recover from the injury Hinami gave him.
May 15, 2016 10:19 PM

Oct 2014
physicschild said:
taro said:

you are corrext once again
May 15, 2016 11:23 PM

May 2015
skwok-raven said:

ikr. its not special anymore......

I need to know how Arima can be human. I mean come on....
May 16, 2016 6:08 AM

Nov 2011
FurutaXEto is the best ship.

May 16, 2016 6:46 AM

Dec 2015
White_Hawk2099 said:
skwok-raven said:

Jesus was Human, too.
"I'm not gonna die, I've got a cat that's waiting for me at home"

May 16, 2016 7:41 AM

May 2015
Sleigh2Bells said:
White_Hawk2099 said:

Jesus was Human, too.

Jesus was an alien :v
May 16, 2016 9:08 AM

Feb 2016
he finally decides to live and fight instead of dying in a tragedy. also that pure smile renders everything else unimportant.

May 17, 2016 3:19 AM

Oct 2015
I had a love hate with furatas character but after seeing that dash I can't help but love the guy.
May 17, 2016 6:39 PM

Jan 2012
Nice way to start this chapter , finally Arima has smirked and showed some emotion .
but the ending was confusing , the clown closed his eyes and then suddenly Eto is cutted

what kind of power up is that?

May 17, 2016 9:37 PM

Nov 2015
AllenVonSpeedreader said:

but the ending was confusing , the clown closed his eyes and then suddenly Eto is cutted

what kind of power up is that?

Those panels don't follow up instantaneously. He's releasing and striking with his wing-like rinkaku kagune.
May 19, 2016 4:56 PM

Dec 2014
I really dislike Furata and I don't know why the author has given him enough power to damage the likes of Eto. He's like a rip off of Deadpool. His clown acting is annoying rather than funny.

Need more Kaneki vs Arima.
May 20, 2016 1:04 AM
Jul 2018
Gilzy said:
I really dislike Furata and I don't know why the author has given him enough power to damage the likes of Eto. He's like a rip off of Deadpool. His clown acting is annoying rather than funny.

Need more Kaneki vs Arima.

The only similarity between furuta and dead pool is being talkative in battles. Dead pool is no double agent and doesn't kill for fun.

You are right about eto though. She needs to stop jobbing to top tier threats, fighting serious or not. Despite wiping the suppposedly special class v agents, she still seem a little underwhelming
May 20, 2016 10:19 AM
May 2016
Arcanix said:
Well that was a great chapter when we compare it to the past month chapters. 2/5

Posting hate on every TG:re discussion thread without any motivation or reasoning. Trying to impress mommy to show her that your opinions are different than everybody else's? Bet you like feeling like a special little snowflake don't you?
May 20, 2016 12:18 PM

Feb 2014
Arcanix said:
Well that was a great chapter when we compare it to the past month chapters. 2/5

well.. totally agreed. i guess our mommies are well impressed lol
EustassKiddo !
May 22, 2016 10:31 AM

Jun 2015

I want to protect that smile. Or, you know, avoid being devoured by it.
uh oh!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.