Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 14, 2016 1:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not bad, that kid actually took the risk during the case and took a testimony.

Pretty talky episode was expected of the trial. The evidence gathered with everything added up well that connected to Himegami. Glad to see they were able to solve the case.

Nice victory, justice served.
Stark700May 14, 2016 4:22 AM
May 14, 2016 2:01 AM

Aug 2012
Better than I expected.

I hope they make Lotta less annoying in the next episode.
May 14, 2016 4:47 AM

Nov 2015
Wow, this case was very interesting, every twist and turn, with the touch of comedy.
Ryuuichi and Reiji are great rivals with respect and honor for serving the justice.
Excited what they will show for the biggest case in legal history.
May 14, 2016 4:52 AM
Oct 2011
Wh-what happened!? All of a sudden the quality increased tenfold!
May 14, 2016 4:55 AM
Jan 2013
The wind of justice righteousness strikes again!
I think I'm the only one who didn't see a van or hear someone mention a van up until this episode...

This is actually kinda better than expected, Penny doesn't speak for the whole case lol
May 14, 2016 4:59 AM
Nov 2015
I love how Oldbag gives no fucks about jumping down and handing evidence in the middle of a trial.
May 14, 2016 5:05 AM

Jan 2015

[s]That expression Naruhodo makes when holding the Spear. LOL[s/]
Even Mitsurugi still have some "kindness" in the name of justice in him by asking for that cross-examination.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 14, 2016 5:14 AM

Nov 2008
Quite a lot of changes in the first half of the trial but I have no complains. Cody being a hero was awesome and Oldbag giving the photo to Phoenix during the trial was great as well.
The best part was Phoenix' last objection though, best part of the anime so far. Looking forward to next week!
May 14, 2016 5:17 AM

Dec 2013
Really awesome seeing Phoenix and Edgeworth working together in this episode.

Funny how they actually made the pink princess into an actual show.

Still mixed feelings for those wind effects. I think they are bit too random for me. I did like the lighting effect tho.

Been waiting for this line to be animated lol

So hyped for Turnabout Goodbyes!
May 14, 2016 5:20 AM

Sep 2015
I didn't expect Misturugi to help :o
It was way better than last few episodes
May 14, 2016 5:46 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man I loved this episode so much

Not only did the kid, the old hag and Phoenix matter to pull through nicely, but I gotta give mad props to Edgeworth

I really liked his role and demeanor in this episode but after seeing him so what's right and go against his own side, I couldn't help but smile and respect that man

That ending was really great too and I am not surprised that the weird scriptwriter actually made the female samurai xD

Really looking forward to this next big case after seeing what Phoenix said about it
May 14, 2016 6:18 AM

Nov 2012
Seeing how this was confirmed as 2 cour,dropped 3/10.
May 14, 2016 6:27 AM
Apr 2014
Windy weather inside the courtroom, more news at 11.
Lol at the little kid jumping right in.
The evidence is presented so badly in the anime, it hurts, same goes for the witness testimony.
The final cases of the games are always the most thrilling and memorable ones. Let's see how they butcher 1-4.
May 14, 2016 6:34 AM

Mar 2016
Gotta say, this show may not be anything super special, but it has improved admirably since the first episode.

I think the changes from the game really helped this case in particular, relying more on the visual storytelling potential of the investigation than just copy-pasting the court scenes.

I am looking forward to the Turnabout Goodbyes case, but honestly I'm more curious and excited as to how they'll manage the Farewell My Turnabout case, presumably at the end of the series.

Judge still best character. So dorky. So love.
I'm an eternal optimist and frequently disappointed.
May 14, 2016 7:20 AM
Aug 2014
at the end everybody was watching the show on tvs but Mitsurugi (Edgeworth) was watching it on his laptop, I bet it was kissanime.
May 14, 2016 7:31 AM

Nov 2008
hithummah said:
at the end everybody was watching the show on tvs but Mitsurugi (Edgeworth) was watching it on his laptop, I bet it was kissanime.

Pink Princess isn't an anime though.
May 14, 2016 7:31 AM

Jan 2013
WAT ? Why did they left out that the person that was killed last time was her lover so she held strong grudge against the victim.
May 14, 2016 7:33 AM

Jan 2013
Himeko-xxx- said:
Lovely episode as usual! I still don't understand why this series is rated so badly...

next case is when the story gets really good
May 14, 2016 7:58 AM

Dec 2009
YESSSSSS ITZ TIMEEEEEE FOR THE NEXT ARCCCCC WOOHOOOOOO IVE BEEN WAITING FOR IT ALL THIS TIME UGH I CANT WAIT :"DDDD
May 14, 2016 8:54 AM

Jan 2008
So Dee Vasquez can't effectively stab a guy with 15-kilos spear, but can lift the said guy AND his spear with ease? I'm glad they are trying to do something on their own instead of slavishly following the game, this one was incredibly sloppy though.
May 14, 2016 9:40 AM

Apr 2015
Huh, so they cut out the sleeping pill steak thing entirely.

Next week is Case 1-4! There's a part next case I'm really looking forward to seeing people unfamiliar with the games react to.
May 14, 2016 9:46 AM

Dec 2014
Oh my.. edge worth is becoming likable now... though this may never happen in real life
May 14, 2016 10:06 AM

Dec 2015
Hnnrgh Old bag gives that photo before the trail! Also they cut out the testimony with the director.
AzureHelixMay 14, 2016 10:11 AM
May 14, 2016 10:12 AM

Jul 2009
The one thing I didn't get about this case even when I played it in the game was why Himegami would rather frame an innocent person for murder instead of go to court for self-defense. She didn't murder him, she was only defending herself. And that bastard victim was also trying to frame someone for murder. These people are heartless...guess that answers the why question.
May 14, 2016 10:41 AM
Jul 2014
Ciara said:
So Dee Vasquez can't effectively stab a guy with 15-kilos spear, but can lift the said guy AND his spear with ease? I'm glad they are trying to do something on their own instead of slavishly following the game, this one was incredibly sloppy though.

She didn't lift either. She just ducked and since he was pushing her with the spear the weight of his upper body made him lose his balance and he fell over the fence to his death.

Looking forward to next week's episode ! The next case might be my favourite from the entire series.
May 14, 2016 10:51 AM
May 2015
Wasn't it self defense though? I mean the Ibukuro was trying to kill her so it would make sense that Himegami would try and defend herself. I guess her staging it to look like a murder was why..

I did like how Naruhodo and Mitsurugi helped each other in the case though. Mitsurugi being a fan of steel samurai is really adorable actually.

I haven't played the games so I have no idea what is going to happen next.
May 14, 2016 11:11 AM

Feb 2008
BeatlesPkmnFan42 said:
Huh, so they cut out the sleeping pill steak thing entirely.

Next week is Case 1-4! There's a part next case I'm really looking forward to seeing people unfamiliar with the games react to.

It's Polly, isn't it? :P
May 14, 2016 11:17 AM
May 2013
happinessdelight said:
Wasn't it self defense though? I mean the Ibukuro was trying to kill her so it would make sense that Himegami would try and defend herself. I guess her staging it to look like a murder was why..

I did like how Naruhodo and Mitsurugi helped each other in the case though. Mitsurugi being a fan of steel samurai is really adorable actually.

she still committed a crime even if it wasn't murder, I assume she was placed under arrest for covering it up

haven't played the games either so I dunno if they went further on it
May 14, 2016 11:31 AM

Jan 2010
Himeko-xxx- said:
Lovely episode as usual! I still don't understand why this series is rated so badly...

Bad character design and animations.

Childish characters and setting. (The VNs are not like this. At all.)

Rushed episodes and cut cut cut. Cut everywhere.
May 14, 2016 11:39 AM

Jan 2015
happinessdelight said:

3 people were killed.

Ibukuro's partner - old acident caused by Ibukuro (Paparazzi/Photographer take photos)
Paparazzi/Photographer - by Himegami orders, using this to threaten Ibukuro.
Ibukuro - by Himegami.

Well ... in my country "Silenced" somebody means kill (slang), maybe was silenced by threat, money or whatever ... But I thought the Photographer was killed. plus remember Himegami's "security guards" looks more like gangsters

The anime explained very fast, but explained at least (oldbag/oba-chan explains). In game is easy to understand.

If Himegami was caught by Ibukuro death (don't matter self defense) this would expose all those things.
Arikado-May 14, 2016 2:39 PM
May 14, 2016 11:45 AM

Feb 2015
tbh, i didn't expect Mitsurugi and Naruhodo to work together in this episode. it was a great episode overall. i like it a lot especially the fact that Mitsurugi and Naruhodo work together. well, it's obvious. Mitsurugi intended to defent the witness and blame the suspect, but still even if he figured out something felt off with the witness, he would never keep defending the witness. well, something like that. i like this episode because of Miturugi's action. he realize something feels off and started to suspect the witness. on top of that, he worked together with Naruhodo.

WOW the next episode PV. i shouldn't watched it......what a big turn in the PV/next week episode.
May 14, 2016 11:50 AM

Mar 2014
So Mitsurugi has the hots for Naruhodo?

This series just got 10 % better
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 14, 2016 12:07 PM

Feb 2013
Yes yes yes can't wait for Polly!
May 14, 2016 12:34 PM

Jun 2014
Lol at how the security lady just gives them that photo in the middle of a trial. Idk man, I'm pretty sure that's not allowed in real life (but this is an anime so reali life logic doesn't apply).

It was pretty cool to see Nick and Edgeworth work together, now I kind of like Edgeworth a little bit. Now we move onto the next case where it looks like Edgeworth is in some deep shit.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 14, 2016 1:08 PM

Jan 2008
Still rushed like hell, but whatever, I've made peace with that.

I wonder if anime-only watchers really understood the motives for everyone's actions.

In the game it was strongly suggested that the man that Hammer killed "accidentally" was really close to Vasquez, so she carried a grudge towards Hammer and made him act for pennies to make up for that and also made him only play villain roles. Before that he was considered a big hero for the kids. So he was jealous of Powers for playing the Steel Samurai who the kids love and decided to frame him for the murder of Vasquez.

They also skipped the very nice scene after the trial where Powers said had he known all this he would have let Hammer play the Silver Samurai. He is a really nice guy, that scene was very heartwarming.

Next week, I can't believe we are up to Turnabout Goodbyes already. I feel like the show had just begun. I hope they do the main case of the first game justice and not skip anything important.
May 14, 2016 2:01 PM

Jan 2008
xXKeikoChanXx said:
Ciara said:

She didn't lift either. She just ducked and since he was pushing her with the spear the weight of his upper body made him lose his balance and he fell over the fence to his death.

I don't know, I noticed this part looked really weak in the animation department, so it seemed like he just fwooshed over her. To be fair though, it's not explicitly said how Dee managed to push him off the stairs in the game either.

I'm kinda glad they have whole 5 episodes for Turnabout Goodbyes (I'm pretty sure they won't do Rise From Ashes, because this one is long as hell), but the preview isn't optimistic. Are they going to stuff the whole investigation AND first trial into one episode?
May 14, 2016 2:20 PM
Nov 2013
Compared to the other episodes it was good, but it's still too fast and with no emotion. When Edgeworth objected for the last time, they suddenly change the soundtrack to a funny mood and then go back in an instant to the "suspense" one. The bad thing is that, if people watches the anime and get interested to play the game, they will already know everything important about the cases. It's kind of sad.
May 14, 2016 2:28 PM

Mar 2012
cody's part and queendy were really nice.

now that they have a LOT of episodes to cover case 1-4, they better fix the pacing immediately
May 14, 2016 2:52 PM

Oct 2012
I didn't like the way they asspulled most of the evidence in this case, magically guessing everything that happened at the studio without any solid proof but otherwise it wasn't bad episode, it flowed pretty well.

I also like that aftertrial talk Naruhodo had with Mitsurugi.
May 14, 2016 3:41 PM

Dec 2012
An enjoyable episode this week. Sad to see Kyuta crying.
Lol Mitsurugi just throwing the spear over to Naruhodo & collapsing under the weight.
OldBag providing some vital evidence to the case.
Lol when Mitsurugi yells out OBJECTION just to stall for time & so cool to see him & Naruhodo both work together against Himegami Sakura.

NOT GUILTY for Will Powers. YAY!!!

Too bad there is no more Steel Samurai, but the Pink Princess is now on. Both Mayoi & Kyuta seem to be enjoying it.

Best case coming up next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 14, 2016 7:39 PM

Jul 2013
Darklord_bg said:
Still rushed like hell, but whatever, I've made peace with that.

I wonder if anime-only watchers really understood the motives for everyone's actions.

In the game it was strongly suggested that the man that Hammer killed "accidentally" was really close to Vasquez, so she carried a grudge towards Hammer and made him act for pennies to make up for that and also made him only play villain roles. Before that he was considered a big hero for the kids. So he was jealous of Powers for playing the Steel Samurai who the kids love and decided to frame him for the murder of Vasquez.

They dint implied that at all, she just happened to scream when manual died, which would be the really normal things if you happen to witness the death of one of your employees.

But in any case, it was an allright episode. My only complaint would be how the "I Object, that was......objectionable" scene took itself much more serious than the game
no
May 14, 2016 8:10 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
This was the best episode for me to watch. It had some nice twists and turns in it that caught me not paying attention. Even Edgeworth became a bit more human.
May 14, 2016 8:50 PM

Mar 2013
After finishing the case (yes I waited until I finished the episode first) I can't believe how many changes they actually made, some are ok other's not so much. I'm not going to get into too much detail since most people who are dropping this anime can tell you why. I get it there going for a more I guess realistic approach (I think that's what I want to say) because in the game you pretty much go back and forth (a lot). and obviously there doing the whole real time thing so several things had to be changed or skipped entirely (still don't get that ending though) in order for it to work. one thing that did disappoint me though was no cornered theme WTH are they only going to use this once or are they only going to use it for (I guess for lack of a better term) the good cases?

side note: you can argue and say I'm sugar coating this or trying to avoid pissing someone off in actuality I'm neutral to this. I'm not going to drop it just because it's not like the game I'm going to keep watching this until it's over, I might point out a few changes (unless someone else already did) here and there but I'm not going to say this sucks or give it anything below a 5 (using MAL rating system BTW). because in the end people need to realize this is an adaptation it's obviously going to change a few things here and there (though personally I like what it's doing so far it's just the music placement or lack thereof that's really bothering me).

P.S. I think depending on where you're coming from also affects your judgement of this anime. meaning did you play the game, read the manga (never knew there was one), both, the live action (seriously there was a live action of this), neither or simply watching because people are talking about it. me I'm viewing this as it's own thing.
May 14, 2016 9:28 PM

Dec 2013
Naruhoudo really needs to step his game up if he wants to be a good lawyer... When you're so bad that the prosecution needs to step in to buy you time, it's definitely a sign.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 14, 2016 9:44 PM
Aug 2008
The episode was good. The pacing wasn't too bad.

May 14, 2016 9:56 PM

Jul 2009
Turnabout Goodbyes next, ahhhhhhh! So many feels.

May 14, 2016 10:30 PM
Feb 2010
L-Ryoshi said:
Naruhoudo really needs to step his game up if he wants to be a good lawyer... When you're so bad that the prosecution needs to step in to buy you time, it's definitely a sign.
Y'a know, that's only his second case ever.
May 14, 2016 10:37 PM

Dec 2013
Cetais said:
L-Ryoshi said:

It's his third case and he did a decent job considering how strong the case against WP was at the beginning.
May 14, 2016 10:50 PM
Feb 2010
G_Spark233 said:
Cetais said:

It's his third case and he did a decent job considering how strong the case against WP was at the beginning.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the first one, since it was so badly executed.
May 14, 2016 10:58 PM

Apr 2013
The animation really improved since the start of this case, less dorky faces and disproportional body figures (at least Wright doesn't look like a giant anymore). But still sloppy in some parts (like someone mentioned the scene Dee Vasquez pushed Hammers over to the fence).

I find it awkward and interesting how they did a 180 degree change to Oldbag. In the game, after this trial, Oldbag will be very hostile towards Wright and Maya but they make them all chummy now.

The best change would be what they did to Cody, man that kid really have some balls to jump in just to make his stance. In the game he's damn annoying.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Mia Fey

FiddlePie - Feb 22

4 by FiddlePie »»
Feb 23, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

56 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

40 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 11, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

48 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

44 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 9, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.